Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
How many RS forums do you post on?
Date: August 14, 2015 01:34

Now that the NA Zip Code Tour is done we all collectively have fallen back into the forum equivalent of "navel gazing".

It has taken the form of talk about a new Stones forum, posting policies here an other places and the inevitable beat to death setlist threads....

So how many RS forums do you post on and which ones besides IORR get your screen eyeball time?

Thanks

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Re: How many RS forums do you post on?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 14, 2015 01:36

Read the BIG three ...IORR ...Rocksoff......Shidoobee

Post on two ...

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-14 01:58 by Rockman.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 14, 2015 01:39

I only post here.

This is an established site that provides, from what I have seen, the best environment for genuine, informed and passionate conversation regarding the Stones.

Olly.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 14, 2015 01:40

Extremely well said Olly ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 14, 2015 01:42

IORR reading and posting,others just reading from time to time.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: August 14, 2015 01:47

Olly
I only post here.

This is an established site that provides, from what I have seen, the best environment for genuine, informed and passionate conversation regarding the Stones.
Yeah Olly, rock it up mate, spot on!smileys with beer

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 14, 2015 01:48

It's only IORR.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 14, 2015 01:52

I don't post on any.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: August 14, 2015 02:40

Registered on three - here, Nanker Phelge, and Shidoobee.

Post on two - here and Nanker Phelge.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 14, 2015 02:48

I'm curious about how the numerous individuals who post frequently on more than one site decide what to post where, especially given that discussions on other sites are often duplicates of existing threads on iorr.

Do you post on some discussions here, some on there?

Do you re-post content on other sites that you posted here originally in the past?

How does it work, practically?

Olly.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 14, 2015 02:49

cmc

Nanker Phelge is now called Exile On Main Street. I post here and there too.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 14, 2015 04:52

I used to post an a few, IORR, Rocks Off, Censored From Our Minds(rip)... took a break from all stones forums for about a year, decided to focus on here because it's where I've posted the most and where i've found the most engaging people, conversation and sharing of information takes place.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: August 14, 2015 05:11

Only look at IORR

Date: August 14, 2015 05:18

Here, NankerPhlege/EOMS, and I'm working on a forum for RSYesterdaysPapers.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 14, 2015 06:11

This one only. Had great info, support, and fun on this last tour!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 14, 2015 07:20

Here is home, don't need nor have time for another.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 14, 2015 07:23

One is enough - IORR.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 14, 2015 07:41

Oof. I go back a ways. I used to be here and on Doug's and Gazza's and Keno's. I used to also be part of the Sticky Fingers digest. I've been here the longest. I visit daily although I'll sometimes go months without posting. Most recently, I've joined Drake's new site and have had some fun seeing old familiar faces there. Really I was just looking for a successor to Bill German's newsletters which were such a part of my teen years and early twenties. I also used to subscribe to IORR and Stones People Magazine but that's going back over twenty years now or close to it.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 14, 2015 09:20

....there are others???? winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 14, 2015 09:52

I don't post anywhere these days as much as I did in the past. It is either IORR or Drake's new place (EOMS). A long time ago (early 00's) I wrote to Gazza's Rocks Off, but I guess my last post there is some 5 years old or something. Back in the noughties I visited quite much LARS (Like A Rolling Stone), dedicated to Brian Jones, even though it was quite heated there at times... Then Censored From Our Minds, which was also a Brian Jones place, but much cooler... Both places are now gone. I think I also have written some posts to Keno's Gasland, but none ever to Shidoobie.

Of course, IORR has been my favourite place. The reason I stuck here (who knows when) was the easy format and the most 'serious' habit of discussion, with some outstanding contributors (unfortunately many of them are now gone). Inspired of that I also have written a line or two here occasionally...

- Doxa

Posted by: novica ()
Date: August 14, 2015 10:02

i'm registered ,beside iorr obviously , on Gazza's rocksoff.org but i have maybe one or two posts ....
i like this forum because to quote Doxa ..."easy format and the most 'serious' habit of discussion, with some outstanding contributors (unfortunately many of them are now gone)"
Bjornulf does great work,to keep nice and clean...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 14, 2015 10:13

Here, and recently on Drake's NP/EOMS. I read Rocks Off and Shidoobee but have never felt it worthwhile to get a userid and learn all the technicalities and complications of those sites: like Doxa I like the easy to use IORR format, the great discussions and 99% of the people.

As for Olly's questions: I am still working that out. I think as EOMS develops a more distinct character of its own, the answers will become more obvious.

PS: latebloomer is right - it don't half eat up your time. Don't know how some people manage to do anything else!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-14 10:16 by Green Lady.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 14, 2015 13:23

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Here, NankerPhlege/EOMS, and I'm working on a forum for RSYesterdaysPapers.

Looks good so far.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 14, 2015 14:48

Registered on IORR, Rocks Off and about a week ago on EOMS.

Only post on here and Drakes site.
Posted a few times on Rocks Off a few years ago , mainly at the time a long time poster on there was very ill and she sadly passed away.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 14, 2015 15:07

Just here

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 14, 2015 15:40

only here

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: August 14, 2015 15:42

Green Lady

PS: latebloomer is right - it don't half eat up your time. Don't know how some people manage to do anything else!

It's a great way of procrastinating! I should be tackling a difficult (and rather dull) work project right now....

I only post here. Really enjoy checking out IORR even when I don't have a chance to post (or have nothing to say). I wouldn't mind checking out the other forums more (I've looked through Shidoobee and Rocks Off in the past) but don't seem to have enough time come here more let alone anywhere else. In fact, I don't seem to have enough time full-stop at present!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 14, 2015 15:54

MarthaTuesday
Green Lady

It's a great way of procrastinating! I should be tackling a difficult (and rather dull) work project right now....

I only post here. Really enjoy checking out IORR even when I don't have a chance to post (or have nothing to say). I wouldn't mind checking out the other forums more (I've looked through Shidoobee and Rocks Off in the past) but don't seem to have enough time come here more let alone anywhere else. In fact, I don't seem to have enough time full-stop at present!

Don't give me too much credit, I am a champion procratinator...and, there's always something to feel guilty about in that regard. But, I do know my limits and so IORR is it for me. It's a little oasis of fun which occasionally even makes me think, so I don't feel guilty (well, not TOO guilty) about my time here. Though ya'll are often a quarrelsome, messy lot...just like my real home. grinning smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 14, 2015 17:05

Only two Iorr,and Nanker Phelge....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 14, 2015 17:11

Naturalust
cmc

Nanker Phelge is now called Exile On Main Street. I post here and there too.

that was a horrible decision IMHO. the NP moniker apparently started as a bit of a joke but kept winning 'name polls' until put up against EOMS.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home