Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: IORR posting policy
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 19, 2015 18:04

Chuck Norris can beat heroine addiction with a single punch.

So, if you have a female hero Chuck'll punch you?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 19, 2015 20:49

So now we are contending with Clint Eastwood and Chuck Norris here? I think I sense a pattern.....winking smiley

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: August 19, 2015 20:51

Wonder what happened to my thread about Amsterdam. How did that offend the censor?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 19, 2015 21:07

Only drug that can be talked about here is alcohol.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 19, 2015 21:07

MrThompsonWooft
Wonder what happened to my thread about Amsterdam. How did that offend the censor?

Write him an email and ask him

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 19, 2015 21:12

MingSubu
Only drug that can be talked about here is alcohol.

My past wasn't specifically about drugs. And if anyone thinks drugs don't get mentioned here (given the context of the band) then it's a bit of a joke. Keith's past, Charlie's slip in the 80s, Ronnie. Even Bill's tea. Get real.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 19, 2015 22:52

There was a thread asking about where to buy pot in Amsterdam. Well it is not the IORR policy to increase the use or availability of pot or any other drugs. Alcohol is still a legal consumer product, pot is not, at least not in most parts of the world.

Please don't waste more of my time on this case. I might need to close the access due to ignorant discussions. Feel free to smoke as much pot as you like, all day all night, but please do not use IORR for pot smalltalk. Period.

Or am I the only person in the world who do not want pot smoking discssions on IORR? Then ask yourself this question: Your grandchild age 10 start smoking pot and shooting needles, because rock hero somewthing does the same. Would you be proud, real proud? And share the pot and the needle?

Bjornulf

Date: August 19, 2015 23:05

bv
There was a thread asking about where to buy pot in Amsterdam. Well it is not the IORR policy to increase the use or availability of pot or any other drugs. Alcohol is still a legal consumer product, pot is not, at least not in most parts of the world.

Please don't waste more of my time on this case. I might need to close the access due to ignorant discussions. Feel free to smoke as much pot as you like, all day all night, but please do not use IORR for pot smalltalk. Period.

Or am I the only person in the world who do not want pot smoking discssions on IORR? Then ask yourself this question: Your grandchild age 10 start smoking pot and shooting needles, because rock hero somewthing does the same. Would you be proud, real proud? And share the pot and the needle?

Well, seeing as you asked I haven't got a 10 year old grandchild and no I wouldn't. As I said it wasn't specifically about "pot". And I don't know if you are the only person in the world who doesn't want pot smoking discussions on IORR. I enquired about coffee shops amongst other things but you jumped to the conclusion that I actually wanted to buy "pot" yourself.I go into a supermarket but it doesn't mean I want to buy everything it has on offer.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 19, 2015 23:53

I go into a supermarket but it doesn't mean I want to buy everything it has on offer.

Ahhhhh we know ... keen on one of the check-out chicks are ya

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 20, 2015 01:03

Bjornulf has put this sticky thread up for us to discuss issues important to IORR. Above he has said that he will close it if it goes off the rails. Doesn't anyone have anything to contribute?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 20, 2015 01:10

For the understanding of it ...it's better to keep it open whatever the content goes.......useful thread for newbies

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 20, 2015 01:27

Bliss
Bjornulf has put this sticky thread up for us to discuss issues important to IORR. Above he has said that he will close it if it goes off the rails. Doesn't anyone have anything to contribute?

i think we should bring some of the old time posters back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-20 02:23 by Turner68.

Date: August 20, 2015 07:28

Rockman
I go into a supermarket but it doesn't mean I want to buy everything it has on offer.

That's goo. Put another way. Going into a gay bar does not make you gay.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 20, 2015 16:14

MrThompsonWooft
Rockman

That's goo. Put another way. Going into a gay bar does not make you gay.

No, but it might make you a little uncomfortable....

Since Bliss and Bjornulf want us to stay on track, I will just add this... I miss many of the banned posters too, but in most cases it is as simple as sending an email and they could be back. For their own reasons, most of them have chosen not to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-20 19:27 by latebloomer.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 20, 2015 18:17

Turner68
Bliss

I support this: time for a general amnesty for all banned for whatever reason. They should be able to register again. Bjornulf could proclaim such a general amnesty. No need for endless email contacts either.

Date: August 20, 2015 18:37

kleermaker
Turner68
Bliss

I support this: time for a general amnesty for all banned for whatever reason. They should be able to register again. Bjornulf could proclaim such a general amnesty. No need for endless email contacts either.

I would support amnesty, but some have moved on...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 20, 2015 18:58

latebloomer
kleermaker
Turner68
Bliss

Or taken up new names and are still posting. I doubt any amnesty is needed, people who want to post or be reinstated have a pretty clear path to do so, it doesn't involve endless emails or long apologies, often just a simple request, imo.

Date: August 20, 2015 19:06

Naturalust
latebloomer
kleermaker
Turner68
Bliss

Or taken up new names and are still posting. I doubt any amnesty is needed, people who want to post or be reinstated have a pretty clear path to do so, it doesn't involve endless emails or long apologies, often just a simple request, imo.

New names bug me...I don't like trying to figure out who people are. But, I know some would rather play that game.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 20, 2015 20:19

latebloomer
kleermaker
Turner68
Bliss

I would support that. More the merrier
If i have noticed one thing about BV, its that he is very forgiving and does not hold grudges.
I never knew the old banned members as i have only been here a short while
It may be nice to have more posters on here to interact with.
If they turn out to be a pain you can always ban them again lol

While we are on the subject i noticed that lots of banned posters do not go to other sites like Exile.
So i would say they just got tired of the concept of posting all the time.
It probably had little to do with bv or the rules.
They probably just felt it was un fulfilling and depressing.
The negativity on here is catching, i find myself moaning about things.
I never used too.
I love my Rolling Stones, i love the Wino's and i only ever disliked Jagger when he was solo. Ronnie what a guy, Charlie fantastic, but certain people on here just pick holes in everything. They are never happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-20 20:26 by keefriffhards.

Date: August 20, 2015 20:24

keefriffhards
latebloomer
kleermaker
Turner68
Bliss

I would support that. More the merrier
If i have noticed one this about BV, its that he is very forgiving and does not hold grudges.
I never knew the old banned members as i have only been here a short while
It may be nice to have more posters on here to interact with.
If they turn out to be a pain you can always ban them again lol

While we are on the subject i noticed that lots of banned posters do not go to other sites like Exile.
So i would say they just got tired of the concept of posting all the time.
It probably had little to do with bv or the rules.
They probably just felt it was un fulfilling and depressing.
The negativity on here is catching, i find myself moaning about things.
I never used too.
I love my Rolling Stones, i love the Wino's and i only ever disliked Jagger when he was solo. Ronnie what a guy, Charlie fantastic, but certain people on here just pick holes in everything. They are never happy.

You're missing a definite article in your second sentence.

Date: August 20, 2015 20:27

Thanks Turner. Your a good man

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 20, 2015 20:43

MrThompsonWooft
I enquired about coffee shops amongst other things but you jumped to the conclusion that I actually wanted to buy "pot" yourself.I go into a supermarket but it doesn't mean I want to buy everything it has on offer.

A "coffee shop" in Amsterdam is not a supermarket. They basically serve cakes with pot and coffee and stuff like that. There is a reason why Starbucks is not that big in Amsterdam. You don't go there to buy bananas, coffee at three Euro or muffins. I don't approve drug discussions on IORR, life is too short. No reason to make it shorter. Also you are wasting my time. Please e-mail me if you don't understand.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-20 20:45 by bv.

Date: August 20, 2015 21:11

bv
MrThompsonWooft
I enquired about coffee shops amongst other things but you jumped to the conclusion that I actually wanted to buy "pot" yourself.I go into a supermarket but it doesn't mean I want to buy everything it has on offer.

A "coffee shop" in Amsterdam is not a supermarket. They basically serve cakes with pot and coffee and stuff like that. There is a reason why Starbucks is not that big in Amsterdam. You don't go there to buy bananas, coffee at three Euro or muffins. I don't approve drug discussions on IORR, life is too short. No reason to make it shorter. Also you are wasting my time. Please e-mail me if you don't understand.

Hmm... Did you see the thread where people discussed what drugs they took before going to a show. For my part I have never taken drugs and just happen to be heading to Amsterdam. And I enquired of fellow IORR members about what to see and do. And the coffee shops are a part of Amsterdam. No offence intended.

Date: August 20, 2015 21:20

I take Ibuorofen whenever I am done reading IORR

Date: August 20, 2015 21:29

Turner68
I take Ibuorofen whenever I am done reading IORR

Codeine for me.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 20, 2015 22:39

bv

I respect your opinion and obviously your right to allow/disallow topics on your site, I would like to voice an opposing view if I may..

When speaking about where weed is legal, whether it's Amsterdam, Colorado, or where I live, Washington, and now Oregon, Alaska, etc.. etc.. it seems that the topic should be fair game.

To consider weed an absolute "gateway" drug as you describe is incorrect, preposterous and long ago debunked. As a matter of fact, as a recovering alcoholic I credit weed with helping me from drinking for 35+ years now. People who are prone to alcoholism and addiction will use booze, weed, and everything else as "gateway drugs".It's the disease, not the drug of choice.

A thread on where to buy pot in a place where it's legal is as relevant and worthy as one that lists where your favorite watering hole(s) are. It is hypocritical, plain and simple in the context of talking about places the relatively harmless (compared to alcohol) intoxicant.

Thanks for letting me post an opposing view.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2015 23:13

MisterDDDD
bv

I respect your opinion and obviously your right to allow/disallow topics on your site, I would like to voice an opposing view if I may..

When speaking about where weed is legal, whether it's Amsterdam, Colorado, or where I live, Washington, and now Oregon, Alaska, etc.. etc.. it seems that the topic should be fair game.

To consider weed an absolute "gateway" drug as you describe is incorrect, preposterous and long ago debunked. As a matter of fact, as a recovering alcoholic I credit weed with helping me from drinking for 35+ years now. People who are prone to alcoholism and addiction will use booze, weed, and everything else as "gateway drugs".It's the disease, not the drug of choice.

A thread on where to buy pot in a place where it's legal is as relevant and worthy as one that lists where your favorite watering hole(s) are. It is hypocritical, plain and simple in the context of talking about places the relatively harmless (compared to alcohol) intoxicant.

Thanks for letting me post an opposing view.

...and while I could actually care less whether we talk about it or not, I do think it should be regulated and taxed, like alcohol. No, I wouldn't want any minors getting involved in it, just like alcohol.

As far as legality, the times are changing...two out of 3 of our major political parties are in favour of legalizing it. It's only a matter of time.

Date: August 20, 2015 23:34

With all due respect MisterDDDD
In England most of the cannabis is skunk. Its a really strong type of weed and it has an alarming trigger connection to Schizophrenia.
More is being found out all the time about this drug and its very risky for people with any hereditary connections to mental health issues.
Smoking Skunk triples your chances of psychosis
Personally i don't think cannabis is as harmless as is being made out.
I have taken it on a few occasions and i get completely paranoid, my whole perception of reality changes for the worse.
So clearly its not all ok..
Sorry BV but i am also balancing out the discussion on cannabis

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 20, 2015 23:46

keefriffhards
With all due respect MisterDDDD
In England most of the cannabis is skunk. Its a really strong type of weed and it has an alarming trigger connection to Schizophrenia.
More is being found out all the time about this drug and its very risky for people with any hereditary connections to mental health issues.
Smoking Skunk triples your chances of psychosis
Personally i don't think cannabis is as harmless as is being made out.
I have taken it on a few occasions and i get completely paranoid, my whole perception of reality changes for the worse.
So clearly its not all ok..
Sorry BV but i am also balancing out the discussion on cannabis

We likely all agree that we all are entitled to our opinions..

The real point,for this discussion, is whether or not we are also all entitled to express them. Which is why I made the point that it would seem a reasonable discussion to have when we are talking about locales where the product is legal.
An important distinction, I believe.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 20, 2015 23:59

Is there some kind of law describing this phenomena when a thread starts on one note or subject and then ends on a completely different one? It seems to be the fate of almost every thread...

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2099
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home