Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: IORR posting policy
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 15, 2015 01:39

steffialicia
keefriffhards
If someone is banned, but BV says its ok to come back again as long as you use a new user name
I cant see anything wrong with that, why should that be a problem to us.
Its only your ego's that attach you to your user name
Your (Self) ego tells you something about you is important, and so you feel the need for people to respond and respect your user name like you are important in some way
This site is about the Rolling Stones, our thoughts on the band are what makes the site function, but what we take to be personal attacks are imaginary,
its the ego that responds in a way that makes us think other peoples views are a personal attack on our being

Anonymous user names are what they are, anonymous user names, they share no connection to anything but your own over inflated sense of self

I thought the only way you might be able to return to IORR was to contact BV directly.

no you can make a new user name and sign up again. it's been rumored that some people have done this many times over. especially fans of the sons of the beatles.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 15, 2015 07:20

keefriffhards
Your (Self) ego tells you something about you is important, and so you feel the need for people to respond and respect your user name like you are important in some way
This site is about the Rolling Stones, our thoughts on the band are what makes the site function, but what we take to be personal attacks are imaginary,
its the ego that responds in a way that makes us think other peoples views are a personal attack on our being

Anonymous user names are what they are, anonymous user names, they share no connection to anything but your own over inflated sense of self

While the logic you employ is sound, when you're on a message board for years and years interacting with folks, you form relationships of sort. In some cases, they meet in real life or connect on social media. It's natural in that sense to want to retain your "handle" or at least let others know you're back under a new name. Why start over if you had established relationships? There are sites where most posts are "anonymous user" if one wants to be truly free of all identity.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 15, 2015 09:26

Rocky Dijon
keefriffhards

While the logic you employ is sound, when you're on a message board for years and years interacting with folks, you form relationships of sort. In some cases, they meet in real life or connect on social media. It's natural in that sense to want to retain your "handle" or at least let others know you're back under a new name. Why start over if you had established relationships? There are sites where most posts are "anonymous user" if one wants to be truly free of all identity.

I was referring to anonymous users who do not form friendships, and also was trying to help people who get upset by other peoples views, because they take it personally. Why should we take it as a personal attack because a persons view differs from our own
I'm guilty of that too.
Its our false sense of self that causes the trouble imho

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 15, 2015 13:33

keefriffhards

Here I was thinking my user name related to a lyric from a song which mentioned a Rolling Stone. grinning smiley

Date: August 15, 2015 18:10

His Majesty
keefriffhards

Here I was thinking my user name related to a lyric from a song which mentioned a Rolling Stone. grinning smiley

Why don't you include my full post so it makes sense to people

Anyone can take a sentence out of context to look smart

But why bother, what's the point

Date: August 15, 2015 19:54

well the thing is in one way or another we are all mad
Its a mad world
But if you just censor yourself a little bit and try not to cross the line you can express yourself just fine on here
I have a brother with schizophrenia and i understand more than most how people treat illness but fail to treat or understand mental health issues
There is a lot being done to change peoples understanding and views on mental illness recently, so people are waking up a bit
I was called mental on here yesterday and crazy before that, i was told i scare people and they think im dangerous lol
Its just monkeys doing what they do when they don't understand things or people

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:22

If someone with stomach cancer throws up on your wall, you will accept it, right?

... You wouldn't just leave the vomit on the wall and carry on as if nothing had happened,
or sit idly watching it happen over and over.

You'd do what you could to get the person some appropriate assistance and care,
and you'd clean up.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:29

I'm confusedconfused smiley Do we now have a vomiting problem on this website?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:31

I could sleep for a thousand years.
...................... Venus In Furs

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:32

Chris Fountain
I'm confusedconfused smiley Do we now have a vomiting problem on this website?

LOL, dunno about the website, but you just made me spill coffee on my screen. Thanks smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:38

Yes - I did - I just vomited. Well Not bad - I feel like i lost weight! See the capital "I" change to a small "i" which is better than any evidence CSI can provide.

Date: August 16, 2015 12:03

Exactly! Favourite VU song for sure!

Maybe Augustus Pablo's East Of The River Nile could help ya a lil' too ..... worth a listen....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 16, 2015 13:29

Is this a sign of some kind of liberation in forum rules to let all this...hmm.. don't know what to call it... to continue? Not that I have anything against it, I'm just surprised...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 16, 2015 13:33

Doxa
Is this a sign of some kind of liberation in forum rules to let all this...hmm.. don't know what to call it... to continue? Not that I have anything against it, I'm just surprised...grinning smiley

- Doxa

I suspect the moderator has been occupied elsewhere. But there is an opportunity here to discuss community issues, which unfortunately has been derailed by lame comedy and self-indulgent trolling.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 16, 2015 13:36

Doxa

- Doxa

I think the moderator been quite smart....instead of battling against rule breaking all over the site and getting a load of aggro in return he's just opened one thread as a vent and let it run...............I might be wrong of course but reading between the lines it seems like that.............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 13:37 by EddieByword.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 16, 2015 13:47

... Never mind.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 13:50 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 16, 2015 20:14

No, you're not stupid. You've succeeded in making it "all about you" yet again. You even get to have a conversation with yourself. You're right, you're not perfect. You slip up which character you're supposed to be and leave telltale signs for those who pay attention. I won't miss you when you're finally gone from this site or Drake's, but you have given us all a distraction and a focal point for our collective irritation. Well done.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 17, 2015 02:11

Apparently I may have mistaken one troll for another one...they all look so much alike. I'll have to get my troll-dar a tune-up.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 17, 2015 06:31

IORR...

Fenwick Island, Delaware

Date: August 17, 2015 06:50

Bake my day .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 17, 2015 06:58

LOL, to both of you.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 17, 2015 10:07

MingSubu
LOL, to both of you.

Made me laugh when I spotted it tonight....first round of coffee is on me. grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 17, 2015 17:40

latebloomer
MingSubu
LOL, to both of you.

Made me laugh when I spotted it tonight....first round of coffee is on me. grinning smiley

I'm here...where is everyone? Is that BV in the kitchen?

Date: August 17, 2015 17:47

treaclefingers
latebloomer
MingSubu
LOL, to both of you.

is that your skateboard on the sidewalk?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 17, 2015 19:43

Turner68
treaclefingers
latebloomer
MingSubu
LOL, to both of you.

No, but that's my pillow on the bench.

Date: August 17, 2015 20:15

treaclefingers
Turner68
treaclefingers
latebloomer
MingSubu
LOL, to both of you.

No, but that's my pillow on the bench.

i was wondering about that. took a nap on it last night while i was taking a break from the poker league. much appreciated. odd how they have an ATM and the poker league all in one place... got me in a bit of trouble....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-17 20:20 by Turner68.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 18, 2015 23:20

Just for the record... If you start a thread (OT) about where or how to smoke pot, or how to crash your car, or how to kill a cat, or how to get completely drunk, I will just delete it. Please do not ask me why. Ask Chuck Norris.

[www.chucknorrisfacts.com]

Bjornulf

Date: August 18, 2015 23:26

bv
Just for the record... If you start a thread (OT) about where or how to smoke pot, or how to crash your car, or how to kill a cat, or how to get completely drunk, I will just delete it. Please do not ask me why. Ask Chuck Norris.

Wasn't expecting that, bv! grinning smiley >grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 19, 2015 03:39

grinning smileythumbs up

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 19, 2015 09:38

bv
Ask Chuck Norris.

LOL

-------------------