Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: IORR posting policy
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 13, 2015 18:06

josepi
indystonesfan
treaclefingers
latebloomer
NICOS
MingSubu
Is posting on other Stones forums allowed, or will that jeopardize your iorr membership?

If it's a forum with rules it's allowed.....otherwise you maybe get bad habits.............grinning smiley

Just be sure to wipe your feet at the door before you enter.

For the love of god why can't people just take off their shoes at the door...no amount of wiping is going to get rid of all the crap that's probably on there. And another thing, if everyone is wiping their feet on that same mat, you're getting everyone's dirt reapplied to your shoes.

try to scrape the shit right off my shoes and it just doesn't work

That last line sounds like a Stones lyric... Maybe you should suggest it to the band for their upcoming studio sessions winking smiley

You're right. it's the PERFECT Stones lyric! Maybe something like this...

Every time I'm walkin'
On down the avenue
Some pretty mama
Try to scrape the shit right off my shoes

Shit don't break down
Baby please, shit don't break down
For the love of god why can't people
Just take off their shoes at the door

You Saturday night women
now ya just wipe it on the same ol' mat
You don't do nothin' except
getting everyone's dirt reapplied to your shoes

Shit don't break down
Baby please, shit don't break down
For the love of god why can't people
Just take off their shoes at the door

josepi, you inspire me

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 13, 2015 18:11

In 2025 you will still all be talking about what went on the first week at the "other" site.grinning smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 13, 2015 18:20

I'm trying to block it out of my mind, Bluz...way too much negative energy.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 13, 2015 21:26

BluzDude
In 2025 you will still all be talking about what went on the first week at the "other" site.grinning smiley

grinning smiley

Date: August 13, 2015 21:38

Stoneage
So, another serious thread turned into comedy ping-pong?

Don't take serious things too serious...makes your live easier....btw what is serious about entertainment...it's just for fun it........

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 13, 2015 21:46

NICOS
Stoneage
So, another serious thread turned into comedy ping-pong?

Don't take serious things too serious...makes your live easier....btw what is serious about entertainment...it's just for fun it........

well i kind of like serious

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 13, 2015 21:47

bv
Just for the record:

There are 108 registered users on IORR with "Keith" in their names:

Then there are 153 with Mick in their names:
JJHMick

And so on and on. 31 Charlie and 19 Ronnie.

My name is actually Michael! J,J and H stand for the initials of my other Chistian names. You can guess that not only my friends called me Mick in school though that's not common as a nickname form of Michael in my country.

Date: August 13, 2015 21:50

people that always want to appear funny, or try too hard to make people laugh are usually deeply insecure, and a bit sad actually

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 13, 2015 23:20

Yes, Keef. I don't mind comedy or banter. But, as I mentioned earlier, the comedy ping-pong deviation here, most probably,
comes from the fact that no one dares to discuss the given subject. For different reasons, I guess.

Date: August 13, 2015 23:38

Stoneage
Yes, Keef. I don't mind comedy or banter. But, as I mentioned earlier, the comedy ping-pong deviation here, most probably,
comes from the fact that no one dares to discuss the given subject. For different reasons, I guess.

I just spoke about what i think you mean about the given subject on another thread about Keith's new album
But you may mean something else
if you are talking about comedians
well i know one comedian on here who is also a comedian on another site and he seems to getaway with it.
Question is do the same rules apply to us.

Date: August 13, 2015 23:57

Keef Riffhards

The given subject is IORR:s posting policy. For obvious reasons few dares to spill the beans here. It's probably easier to talk about the weather, I guess.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 14, 2015 00:33

Stoneage
Keef Riffhards

The given subject is IORR:s posting policy. For obvious reasons few dares to spill the beans here. It's probably easier to talk about the weather, I guess.

Stoneage, how about you just say what you're alluding to?
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Date: August 14, 2015 00:38

with sssoul
Stoneage
Keef Riffhards

hehe + 1

Date: August 14, 2015 00:39

Come on guy's make your point and go on with your live or post new subjects............after see discussion about posting policy more then 15 years here on IORR I'm done with it.

Case closed for me.<----------that's the point

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-14 00:49 by NICOS.

Date: August 14, 2015 00:40

NICOS
Come on guy's make your point and go on with your live or post new subjects............after see discussion about posting policy more then 15 years here on IORR I'm done with it.

Case closed for me.

Whats your point

Date: August 14, 2015 01:01

with sssoul
Stoneage
Keef Riffhards

I'm sure you do. In light of recent exclusions of long time posters, on, in my view, sometimes far-fetched reasons and the advent of a new Stones forum, mainly for those cast outs, some reflexions must have beset even the most safeguarded IORR member, surely? And here our moderator opens a thread about IORR posting policy and yet no one dares to talk about that or even mention the other forum. Is it still unclear what I'm talking about?

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 14, 2015 01:12

Stoneage

I'm sure you do. In light of recent exclusions of long time posters, on, in my view, sometimes far-fetched reasons and the advent of a new Stones forum, mainly for those cast outs, some reflexions must have beset even the most safeguarded IORR member, surely? And here our moderator opens a thread about IORR posting policy and yet no one dares to talk about that or even mention the other forum. Is it still unclear what I'm talking about?

You are still alluding, to an extent.

You talk of spilling beans (in an earlier post), but do not identify specifics.

The floor is yours, Stoneage...

Olly.

Date: August 14, 2015 01:21

Forget it then. I can't make myself any clearer than that. Mea Culpa, or whatever...

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 14, 2015 01:23

Stoneage, no fault is being attributed, please don't leave the discussion.

All I meant was that this thread is your opportunity, so lead by the example you have cited and tell us your thoughts if you so wish.

I'm sure others would be interested to hear them.

Olly.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 14, 2015 06:40

what's the big deal. a new forum opened up. it had posts that disparaged members of IORR and some of those in charge of IORR. IORR leadership took umbrage. now there is a truce that involves each site not saying bad things about the others, and some of the offending posts were deleted.

sounds good to me. carry on, all! it's only rock-n-roll.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 14, 2015 10:06

Olly
Stoneage, no fault is being attributed, please don't leave the discussion.

All I meant was that this thread is your opportunity, so lead by the example you have cited and tell us your thoughts if you so wish.

I'm sure others would be interested to hear them.

I'm sure they are, but the threat of being banned for that is too huge...

Besides, I am not sure if this thread is open for discussing moderation. The moderator, once again, told the rules, explained and justified some of his actions, and asked one specific question (about Bono), and that's it. What else there is to say than "great", "I understand", etc.?

- Doxa

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 14, 2015 13:43

>>>Neither Bono nor the Rolling Stones' members read this message board.

Really? Do you have information about this or is it just conjecture? I would be surprised if even all the members of the RS knew what the others viewed on the internet.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 14, 2015 15:19

Whenever I have gone to a new forum to have a look and maybe register, I always remember three little sayings.
'When in Rome do as the Romans do.'

'Adapt to your surroundings.'

'Don't piss on your own doorstep.'

winking smiley

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: August 14, 2015 20:09

Bliss

Better watch your step, new member. Certain topics are expressly prohibited - if you know what I mean.

methinks this is someone we have met before

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 14, 2015 20:36

CloudCat
Bliss

Better watch your step, new member. Certain topics are expressly prohibited - if you know what I mean.

My thoughts exactly, someone who wears a new suit at every showing and I'm sure he knows just what Bliss means.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 14, 2015 22:36

It is interesting to observe some of the reactions to Stoneages and Doxas input in this thread and the Taylor thread. Also how this community seemingly feels the need to comment banned iorrians who cannot respond to allegations - true or false). Plz dont report me, this is on topic, im not attacking anyone anywhere.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: August 14, 2015 22:42

Naturalust
CloudCat
Bliss

My thoughts exactly, someone who wears a new suit at every showing and I'm sure he knows just what Bliss means.

Wasn't he recently buried at sea?

Date: August 14, 2015 23:09

You know me, I'm pretty sure of that smiling smiley

Date: August 14, 2015 23:31

If someone is banned, but BV says its ok to come back again as long as you use a new user name
I cant see anything wrong with that, why should that be a problem to us.
Its only your ego's that attach you to your user name
Your (Self) ego tells you something about you is important, and so you feel the need for people to respond and respect your user name like you are important in some way
This site is about the Rolling Stones, our thoughts on the band are what makes the site function, but what we take to be personal attacks are imaginary,
its the ego that responds in a way that makes us think other peoples views are a personal attack on our being

Anonymous user names are what they are, anonymous user names, they share no connection to anything but your own over inflated sense of self

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 15, 2015 01:37

keefriffhards
If someone is banned, but BV says its ok to come back again as long as you use a new user name
I cant see anything wrong with that, why should that be a problem to us.
Its only your ego's that attach you to your user name
Your (Self) ego tells you something about you is important, and so you feel the need for people to respond and respect your user name like you are important in some way
This site is about the Rolling Stones, our thoughts on the band are what makes the site function, but what we take to be personal attacks are imaginary,
its the ego that responds in a way that makes us think other peoples views are a personal attack on our being

Anonymous user names are what they are, anonymous user names, they share no connection to anything but your own over inflated sense of self

I thought the only way you might be able to return to IORR was to contact BV directly.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home