Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 40 Years Ago Today - Buffalo 8-8-75
Posted by: itsallovernow ()
Date: August 10, 2015 21:32

Oh yeah...the whole bunch, except Charlie and Bill, singing YGTM....great! My favourite was Rambler (always was/is)...when Jagger was still doin it down on the floor!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 11, 2015 01:43

Of all the Stones shows that I've seen, all 40 of them, I would love to go back to THAT ONE! I'd have 2 cameras with me, more film, and of course, when the roadies asked if I wanted to go back stage, I would have gone instead of saying F.U. I am much more confident now and I would take care of myself just fine if they had other things in mind. ( which they may have but NOW I would just take matters into my own hands if they made a move.).or sought out someone BIG to go with me! I was very young and it was my 3rd Stones show!!

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 11, 2015 03:19

I went to the show with my brother. We went to the Buffalo Auditorium show too. To this day we talk about how great one how was then a few months later it was so bad.

Date: August 12, 2015 00:42

There are some advantages to indoor shows, I do agree...but I have seen 40 Stones shows and as far as raw energy, excitement, & drama, this show rants in my top 3. The Stones' charm is their rough, REAL rock ' n roll sound which today you rarely see anywhere but it was on display that night!

Posted by: golfjen2001 ()
Date: August 12, 2015 02:08

One thing I remember from show is Bobby Womack walking off stage cause crowd wasn't into him. So Richards an Watts came on stage an told crowd they better like him he was one of their hero's give him some love or you won't hear us the crowd started cheering for Bobby who came back for about 3 more songs. God is was a hot day.I was with college buddy's from RIT.

Date: August 12, 2015 02:12

Wow, why don't I recall THAT!? I do know it was HOT! I was dying in the sun with a black shirt on! I kinda liked Womack...I liked the Outlaws too..." High Tide & Green Grass forever"...

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: August 12, 2015 03:56

golfjen2001
One thing I remember from show is Bobby Womack walking off stage cause crowd wasn't into him. So Richards an Watts came on stage an told crowd they better like him he was one of their hero's give him some love or you won't hear us the crowd started cheering for Bobby who came back for about 3 more songs. God is was a hot day.I was with college buddy's from RIT.

That never happened. I was there.

Date: August 12, 2015 05:12

I am glad you said that, RockinJive...I was worried about my memory...thought I would have remembered THAT! I was right on top of the stage, and I would have seen Keith And Charlie strolling out on stage...at least I hope I would. Where were you seated, jive?

Posted by: itsallovernow ()
Date: August 12, 2015 16:24

RockinJive
golfjen2001

Hmmm..I was right up front the whole day and night and I do not recall that happening. Not saying it didn't happen but I sure don't recall it.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: August 12, 2015 17:23

"MJ, RW, and BP dropped a***"

a***? You mean acid? Why is that a word that needs to be censored?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 12, 2015 17:57

RockinJive
golfjen2001

I was there also. My 2nd stones show. You are right that never happened.

Date: August 12, 2015 18:00

Boognish
"MJ, RW, and BP dropped a***"

a***? You mean acid? Why is that a word that needs to be censored?

That rumor came from a book. I cant remember which one. Its total BS because it said that Mick was singing the words to SSM instead of JJF he was so stoned. if you listen to the boot. It never happened. A total lie. Like Keith and Charlie coming out on stage in defense of Womack. Totally made up.

Date: August 12, 2015 18:57

Do you mean SFM? I heard that but I can say, without hesitation, that it never happened! Lots of made up stuff about this show...guess you had to be there....winking smiley and I'm glad I was and I am happy to differentiate fact from fiction!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: August 12, 2015 19:33

More Hot Rocks
RockinJive
golfjen2001

I was there also. My 2nd stones show. You are right that never happened.

Ditto- I was there also and I don't remember that. What I do remember was that it was hot outside and the Stones put in a great performance.

Date: August 13, 2015 02:52

mickschix
Do you mean SFM? I heard that but I can say, without hesitation, that it never happened! Lots of made up stuff about this show...guess you had to be there....winking smiley and I'm glad I was and I am happy to differentiate fact from fiction!

yes I meant SFM

Posted by: golfjen2001 ()
Date: August 13, 2015 14:48

It's strange to me no one remembers this happening I was there an I swear it to be true it is one of the only things from the show I remember it was so different I have talked about it for years.I wish there was film or picture I would feel foolest if I stated the wrong thing.It was really hot.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 13, 2015 20:11

Don't torture yourself Gol. Direct witnesses of an event are often the worst reporters, decribing things that only happened in their mind.

"Soul Survivor" played in 1972? "Yeah I saw it I was there!!!"

Only non-human testimonies (like audience recordings) I woudl trust...

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 13, 2015 20:21

dcba
Don't torture yourself Gol. Direct witnesses of an event are often the worst reporters, decribing things that only happened in their mind.

"Soul Survivor" played in 1972? "Yeah I saw it I was there!!!"

Only non-human testimonies (like audience recordings) I woudl trust...

I was at that show too. Charlie and Keith never came out. That never happened.

Posted by: pdw ()
Date: August 13, 2015 22:58

I think it's so cool that so many of us that follow this site were there in 1975. All of us in our late teens or early 20's. How time flies....but the Stones just keep on rockin!!

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: August 13, 2015 23:35

I think the Bobby Womack thing was reported in the press as happening at another show. I was at 8-8-75 and I didn't see a Stone until showtime, except for a brief glimpse of RW and BP on the turf behind the stage in the late daylight. I don't remember a disrespectful reception for Womack at all.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: August 14, 2015 09:14

still no pictures??

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home