Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones sound is unequalled
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 7, 2015 12:07

Like it happend to me yesterday only, and similarly many times before that.

A car with open windows and the music on was passing me in the street. Some fragmentary notes and words touched my ears and made me stop for an instant, trying to find out what it was. Way cool I thought. The same moment I heard it clearly. It was The Stones, Get Off Of My Cloud. Who else?

edit: dead.flowers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-07 12:28 by dead.flowers.

Re: The Stones sound is unequalled
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 7, 2015 12:19

The Stones are the greatest RnR-Band in the world and their sound is most recognizable and totally unique. You hear a few bars and you know it´s the Stones. Every time I hear a Stones song unexpectedly and out of the blue I am thrilled and delighted.

Date: August 7, 2015 12:28

Their sound is most recognizable and totally unique.

Every time I hear a Stones song unexpectedly and out of the blue I am thrilled and delighted.

Exactly, nicely said. Thank you.

dead.flowers

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 7, 2015 14:00

That's why I've never really been bothered about setlists or what they play...

...I just love the glorious noise they make >grinning smiley<

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: August 7, 2015 14:04

HMS
The Stones are the greatest RnR-Band in the world and their sound is most recognizable and totally unique. You hear a few bars and you know it´s the Stones. Every time I hear a Stones song unexpectedly and out of the blue I am thrilled and delighted.

True

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 7, 2015 15:42

we will never find another sound like this anywhere.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 7, 2015 15:50

I remember the first time I heard Start Me Up, I was working as a busboy in a restaurant and I was bringing a load of dishes in to the dishwasher and he had the radio on.

It was midway through the song and it was a part without vocals and I just stopped dead in my tracks..."this sounds like the stones?!"

I of course waited until the vocals came in again and MJ's voice confirmed it so I listened to the rest of the song and went back to wipe the table.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: August 7, 2015 16:07

Their talents in sound-crafting are underrated I think. People talk about their abilities to entertain a crowd, to play guitar, drums, bass and harp. But to my eyes, the beauty in the Stones is the focus on the songs and the way they craft arrangements. This owes a lot to the people that surround them, but producers and players have come and gone and still the sound is here.

The other thing I really like about the Stones is the way they handle incidents during shows - the near-collapse that you can feel at times and that somehow settles and turns into magic.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 7, 2015 16:08

treaclefingers
I remember the first time I heard Start Me Up, I was working as a busboy in a restaurant and I was bringing a load of dishes in to the dishwasher and he had the radio on.

It was midway through the song and it was a part without vocals and I just stopped dead in my tracks..."this sounds like the stones?!"

I of course waited until the vocals came in again and MJ's voice confirmed it so I listened to the rest of the song and went back to wipe the table.

treacle, did you work up to waiter?

I've done similar work..it aint easy..

Date: August 7, 2015 16:18

well, duke, as a young boy I did one season as a dishwasher in a hotel at the sea side ... didn't make it to the millionaire, however ... it was great fun, though

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 7, 2015 16:28

The Stones sound is like the sound of the ocean...at times awe inspiring and then by turns, violent and peaceful, but always recognizable.

Date: August 7, 2015 16:34

duke richardson
treaclefingers

I actually started as dishwasher at age 15 and worked my way up to waiter. The good old days...you always felt rich cause your wallet was always full with cash from tips, and nothing to spend it on but girls and records (so yeah, the money also went fast).

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 7, 2015 16:54

treaclefingers
duke richardson
treaclefingers

I actually started as dishwasher at age 15 and worked my way up to waiter. The good old days...you always felt rich cause your wallet was always full with cash from tips, and nothing to spend it on but girls and records (so yeah, the money also went fast).

My first job was as a bus girl. I was only thirteen, so I started with the breakfast shift. By the time I graduated high school, I think I had worked at every restaurant in the small town where I grew up. Waitressing helped support me through college and for the first few months afterwards. It was really hard work, but the money was great. Last summer on our annual trip to the beach, I went for an early morning walk with the dog, and saw a waitress sitting on a bench in the park, still in her uniform. Brought back memories of those late night/early morning outings with the staff, after the restaurant closed. The good old days indeed. cool smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 7, 2015 17:13

latebloomer
treaclefingers
duke richardson
treaclefingers

My first job was as a bus girl. I was only thirteen, so I started with the breakfast shift. By the time I graduated high school, I think I had worked at every restaurant in the small town where I grew up. Waitressing helped support me through college and for the first few months afterwards. It was really hard work, but the money was great. Last summer on our annual trip to the beach, I went for an early morning walk with the dog, and saw a waitress sitting on a bench in the park, still in her uniform. Brought back memories of those late night/early morning outings with the staff, after the restaurant closed. The good old days indeed. cool smiley

yes its an interesting but hard job, and you learn to read people..

shifts can be great or really tiresome.

recently I've been working part time at wine shops/bars, so not full scale restaurants. still its good for tips, and keeping wine chops up.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 7, 2015 17:32

HMS
The Stones are the greatest RnR-Band in the world and their sound is most recognizable and totally unique.

You do realise that that is equivalent to saying kind of pregnant, right?

Date: August 7, 2015 17:33

duke richardson
latebloomer
treaclefingers
duke richardson
treaclefingers

yes its an interesting but hard job, and you learn to read people..

shifts can be great or really tiresome.

recently I've been working part time at wine shops/bars, so not full scale restaurants. still its good for tips, and keeping wine chops up.

I worked evenings/late nights. It would be busy so I'd get home exhausted and then when I fell asleep I would dream I was still serving tables.

I'd wake up still exhausted, as thought I'd just pulled a double shift!

Posted by: jrdavrainville ()
Date: August 7, 2015 17:40

Quite the same thing happened to me with "Black Limousine". At that time, I was a new Stones fan ( 17 yo ). I was listening to the radio and during the intro of this song - which I had never heard before - I remember I said to myself "should be a great song for the stones" and a few seconds later Mick's voice highlight my bedroom. Great souvenir .....

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 7, 2015 17:57

Spud
...I just love the glorious noise they make >grinning smiley<

- 1975 by Neal Preston

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: August 7, 2015 19:05

Spud

...I just love the glorious noise they make

i'm with you, my brother

at shows, i listen to the songs for the first time

Posted by: woodyweaving ()
Date: August 8, 2015 04:09

My brother says when he hears me pull up in the driveway he can tell if it's a stones song compared to anything else coz of the rhythm of the songs haha

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home