Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Faces Reunion September 5th 2015
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 6, 2015 15:43

NeddieFlanders
with sssoul

Glad y'all had fun but who was on keys who was on keys?
Love & light to Mac

from nzentgraf.de

Line-up: RW (gtr, bvoc)/Rod Stewart (voc)/Kenney Jones (dr)/Konrad Korsch
(bass)/Robin Le Mesurier (gtr)/Sam Tanner (keyb)/… (org)/& three
female backing singers & three horn players

N

Female backing singers :

Rock Chicks – Zoe Nicholas & Susie Webb !

[mobile.twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-06 15:52 by Lien.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 6, 2015 15:50

Some great videos of this popping up on YouTube. Sounds like a great night. From what I can see, there's a real relaxed freedom about Ronnie's playing when he's in his own original band, playing songs he co-wrote. Rod too seems to be enjoying himself as a front man of a band rather than a soloist too.

Glad all IORRians present enjoyed it, including a good few I was introduced to 'over the fence' at the Who in Hyde Park - how many gigs do you guys go to winking smiley ?

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 6, 2015 15:50

paulywaul
Manofwealthandtaste
flairville
Killer night last night, very drunken too. They played very well. I think Harm, Sara and Pauly felt the same. Nearly got our collars felt on the way home but dodged the bullet!

Sounds fun, where The Old Bill being heavy handed?

They were sweetness personified actually !! They stopped me on some section of dual carriageway because I was (get this) 'driving slowly' !!

F***ing right I was driving slowly !! It was 01:00 in the morning, it had taken us three hours to get out of Kenny Jones' bloody polo field, and we were seriously lost. When I explained to the kindly gentleman officer that we were looking for the Travelodge hotel in Horsham, the even more kindly lady officer said 'o we know where that is, if you'd like to follow us ... we'll lead you to it ?

Which we DID, so young Flairville had himself a night's sleep, Beast & I got home about 45 minutes later, an' a real good time was had by all !!

Gold rings on the lot of ya!

Date: September 6, 2015 15:51

paulywaul
Manofwealthandtaste
flairville
Killer night last night, very drunken too. They played very well. I think Harm, Sara and Pauly felt the same. Nearly got our collars felt on the way home but dodged the bullet!

They were sweetness personified actually !! They stopped me on some section of dual carriageway because I was (get this) 'driving slowly' !!

F***ing right I was driving slowly !! It was 01:00 in the morning, it had taken us three hours to get out of Kenny Jones' bloody polo field, and we were seriously lost. When I explained to the kindly gentleman officer that we were looking for the Travelodge hotel in Horsham, the even more kindly lady officer said 'o we know where that is, if you'd like to follow us ... we'll lead you to it ?

Which we DID, so young Flairville had himself a night's sleep, Beast & I got home about 45 minutes later, an' a real good time was had by all !!

Excellent, of course Flairville invited the kindly lady police officer in for a nightcap upon reaching his Travelodge.........

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 6, 2015 16:28

crawdaddy
Looked like Johnny Marr on second guitar

Either this is a really really really bad joke, or the most ridiculous thing I've read on this site.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 6, 2015 16:41

I've read a lot more ridiculous posts than that one on IORR.

Dunno who would joke about a serious thing like that.

I hope it hasn't upset Johnny Marr or John Le Mesurier.

He's the geezer from Dads Army isn't he ? Didn't know he was still alive. winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 6, 2015 17:15

It was indeed Robin Le Mesurier.

He's the son of actors John Le Mesurier and Hattie Jacques, deceased in 1983 and 1980 respectively.

'Young' Robin is now 62, which is a shock to we Brits who grew up with his parents' work - Dad's Army and the Carry On films. Oooooh Matron !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-06 18:12 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 6, 2015 18:41

Manofwealthandtaste
paulywaul
Manofwealthandtaste
flairville

Excellent, of course Flairville invited the kindly lady police officer in for a nightcap upon reaching his Travelodge.........

Er ... nice thinking there Manofwealthandtaste, but in actual fact, no - that did not happen. As a matter of interest however, regarding this 'driving slowly' business. Afore-mentioned kindly police officers, having decided they were going to lead us poor hopelessly lost Sir Ron and the Faces fans to one Travelodge in Horsham, took off in their car like a bloody bat out of hell, I had difficulty keeping up with them. Jeez, talk about 'setting an example' of how to drive !! There wasn't much of that, I nearly lost them a good few times ...

All in all, it made for a really memorable gig though, simply a great night with good buddies and a shit-kicking performance from Sir Ron & Rod. A real delight also was Chris Jagger, who did a short set of Cajun/Zydeco stuff, the likes of which when he performs with his Atcha band.

[www.chrisjaggeronline.com]

Gotta tell y'all, he made the funniest reference ever to big brother Mick. In the middle of his set he said 'well, my big brother was intending to be here, but it turns out he couldn't make it ... he's washing his hair' !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 6, 2015 19:51

It was indeed a great night and everyone present seemed to be thoroughly enjoying it. We certainly were. None of the other musicians were announced - but they said at the end that they would be announced "when we're on the road". So take from that what you will...

Steve Marriott's daughter Mollie was the third backing singer and she had also had her own slot earlier in the evening. Chris Jagger did a nice set of Cajun music and we definitely enjoyed his joke about his older brother (told by paulywaul above).

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 6, 2015 20:09

Sounds like you all had a blast! Glad to see these guys rocking out together again. It appears the spirit of the original Faces was alive and well at the show. I miss Mac but I'm sure he would have approved and was smiling down on the whole affair.

How was Steve Marriott's daughter's set? Did she inherit some of her Dad's juju?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 6, 2015 20:24

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 6, 2015 20:28

"I'd Rather Go Blind" - [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 6, 2015 21:45

bye bye johnny
"I'd Rather Go Blind" - [www.youtube.com]

Thanks ... wonderful !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: September 6, 2015 22:12

That is so good bbj. Thanks so much.

Hope you don't mind me putting it up in this format as well. thumbs up

[youtu.be]

Date: September 6, 2015 22:23

From Facebook;
To all who attended Rock n Horsepower, firstly thank you so much for attending. We raised quite a bit of money for the charity (final figure to be announced but in 6 figures) but also reached out to many, many people with the message.
Secondly huge apologies for the delay in leaving. Not only did one of the production trucks turn up early but the vast amount of taxi's that were ordered decided to use the entrance as a taxi rank. Happy that people did not drink and drive but next time can your drivers please use the taxi rank inside the venue for pick up? It was very selfish of them as it caused grief to those who should have got out in 45 minutes.
Please accept a huge apology from us at Hurtwood Park.

Date: September 6, 2015 23:04

Naturalust
Sounds like you all had a blast! Glad to see these guys rocking out together again. It appears the spirit of the original Faces was alive and well at the show. I miss Mac but I'm sure he would have approved and was smiling down on the whole affair.

How was Steve Marriott's daughter's set? Did she inherit some of her Dad's juju?

Yes, we sure did - it was so good to be there and would have been even better if the lovely Mac had been up on stage too.

Mollie's set was short (like all the others) but sweet. She has a powerful voice and can belt it out, so I'd say she has indeed inherited some of that juju. The last song in the set was a Small Faces song, though I can't now recall the title. She has some songs up on youtube and she's also about to release her first solo album.

Date: September 6, 2015 23:10

flairville
From Facebook;
To all who attended Rock n Horsepower, firstly thank you so much for attending. We raised quite a bit of money for the charity (final figure to be announced but in 6 figures) but also reached out to many, many people with the message.
Secondly huge apologies for the delay in leaving. Not only did one of the production trucks turn up early but the vast amount of taxi's that were ordered decided to use the entrance as a taxi rank. Happy that people did not drink and drive but next time can your drivers please use the taxi rank inside the venue for pick up? It was very selfish of them as it caused grief to those who should have got out in 45 minutes.
Please accept a huge apology from us at Hurtwood Park.

Just what we figured about the taxis being to blame for the total standstill. Never seen anything so bad in my entire life! Compared to last night, getting out of a stadium with ten times the capacity is a cakewalk.

Date: September 6, 2015 23:13

Beast
Naturalust

Yes, we sure did - it was so good to be there and would have been even better if the lovely Mac had been up on stage too.

Mollie's set was short (like all the others) but sweet. She has a powerful voice and can belt it out, so I'd say she has indeed inherited some of that juju. The last song in the set was a Small Faces song, though I can't now recall the title. She has some songs up on youtube and she's also about to release her first solo album.

Thanks Beast. I am enjoying feeling some of the delight you guys had through your stories! I too would have missed Mac but I must say the keyboard player seemed to do a fine job trying to fill those big shoes (from the videos I've watched). I thought he did Mac great justice by sticking very closely to his style and feel.

Date: September 6, 2015 23:14

Good job we had plenty of songs to sing along to in the van!

Faces - Ewhurst UK, September 5 2015
Date: September 6, 2015 23:19

Faces - Ewhurst UK, September 5 2015
Date: September 6, 2015 23:19

Date: September 6, 2015 23:42

Thanks so much bbj for the great pics.
Who's gonna be the first one on IORR to spot the next best video or pics and post it ?
Not much net access for me in next few weeks so it won't be me.
bbj is the front runner in my opinion.................and the best. smileys with beer

Date: September 6, 2015 23:46

flairville
Good job we had plenty of songs to sing along to in the van!

Especially that great Stones bootleg by the name of The Trident Mixes smileys with beer

Date: September 6, 2015 23:46

Great pictures bye bye johnny! Did you take them?

Date: September 6, 2015 23:51

crawdaddy
Thanks so much bbj for the great pics.
Who's gonna be the first one on IORR to spot the next best video or pics and post it ?
Not much net access for me in next few weeks so it won't be me.
bbj is the front runner in my opinion.................and the best. smileys with beer

Yes, BBJ is always tops and right on the money, no messing! We are ever grateful.

Another version of I'd Rather Go Blind has appeared:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 6, 2015 23:54

Naturalust
Beast
Naturalust

Thanks Beast. I am enjoying feeling some of the delight you guys had through your stories! I too would have missed Mac but I must say the keyboard player seemed to do a fine job trying to fill those big shoes (from the videos I've watched). I thought he did Mac great justice by sticking very closely to his style and feel.

Yes, he did a very good job, no doubt about that. I'm sure Mac would approve.

Date: September 7, 2015 00:23

I Know I'm Losing You

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 7, 2015 01:12

Very nice pics BBJ. Reading the reports and watching the videos is the next best thing to being there! Fun night and may never happen again.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 7, 2015 01:27

great videos ty...glad for Ronnie Wood esp..he smoked it...one of the greats.

Date: September 7, 2015 01:49

swimtothemoon
Very nice pics BBJ. Reading the reports and watching the videos is the next best thing to being there! Fun night and may never happen again.

We were led to believe that it may well do. So let's hope that is the case.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home