Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Faces Reunion September 5th 2015
Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: August 3, 2015 17:20

Rod, Ronnie and Kenney are due to reunite as the faces for a short set at Kenney Jones's Hurtwood Polo Club on the 5th of September.

Re: Faces Reunion September 5th 2015
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 3, 2015 17:53

Interesting but sounds like just another short jam session between these remaining members. I thought for a minute that this was a more serious attempt at putting something together. In any case I hope it goes extremely well and possibly creates some motivation for future tours/projects.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 3, 2015 18:17

Thanks Mr cox. Hope someone films this Jam session

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 3, 2015 18:20

Too little too late, sadly.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: August 3, 2015 18:31

Aquamarine

Unfortunately true.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: August 3, 2015 18:38

Bastion
Aquamarine

Unfortunately true.

I agree...

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 3, 2015 20:12

Without Mac this can't be what it should have been. I will never forgive Stewart for putting those guys off, even though I remain a massive fan of the Faces and Rod's early Mercury albums. Still hard to believe that Mac is no longer alive. Laney too for that matter even though it has been awhile since he passed. Watched the always great Passing Show dvd over the weekend.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 3, 2015 20:19

It sucks that Rod spent the last decade obsessing on the Jazz Vocal standard songbook, but if this gets him interested in playing rock & roll again, so be it.

Aaron Neville and Rod Stewart, two great vocalists sidetracked by schmaltz.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 3, 2015 20:40

It is too late, but for 75 GBP, I would be there if I could, just for old times sake. I saw them in 1975 on their final tour, with Tetsu on bass and Jesse Ed Davis on second guitar. It was absolutely brilliant.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 3, 2015 20:43

filstan
Without Mac this can't be what it should have been. I will never forgive Stewart for putting those guys off, even though I remain a massive fan of the Faces and Rod's early Mercury albums. Still hard to believe that Mac is no longer alive. Laney too for that matter even though it has been awhile since he passed. Watched the always great Passing Show dvd over the weekend.

Totally agree with you , it put me off Rod for life..
Rod never had any intention of playing with the faces.
He kept saying when Ronnie leaves the Stones or when the Stones finish he will play with the faces. Like time was on their side lol.

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: August 3, 2015 20:51

drbryant
I saw them in 1975 on their final tour, with Tetsu on bass and Jesse Ed Davis on second guitar. It was absolutely brilliant.

I saw them on that tour too. It was a great show. I'm so glad I got to see them play.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: August 3, 2015 22:43

Dispite my massive excitement at this news I can't go due to work!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 4, 2015 01:40

The two shows I saw with Ronnie, Mac, Kenny, Mick Hucknall and Glen Matlock were glorious.
The interplay between Ronnie and Mac was a thing of great joy and beauty.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 4, 2015 04:20

Isn't Rod washed up as a rock singer? What would be the point?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 4, 2015 04:24

No Tetsu, no Faces.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: August 4, 2015 04:41

Why bother?

Ronnie has really developed into a remarkable guitarist. Sadly Rod's voice has not. I don't think Rod Stewart would want that kind of review.

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: August 4, 2015 05:04

Steve Winwood may join them on keyboards

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 4, 2015 07:35

Maybe Ron can ask Bill to play bass like he did previously!

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 4, 2015 09:45

Maybe Mick Taylor can take Wood's place if he's too busy.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: August 4, 2015 12:49

keefriffhards
filstan

Totally agree with you , it put me off Rod for life..
Rod never had any intention of playing with the faces.
He kept saying when Ronnie leaves the Stones or when the Stones finish he will play with the faces.
Love the fact that Ronnie had to cease playing with The Stones before a Faces reunion was possible,yet Stewart gave no indication whatsoever that he was going to stop doing his own shows!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 4, 2015 16:33

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 4, 2015 18:21

This news is not exciting to me at all.
It just makes me sad.

Oh, what could have been had it not been for Rod.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: August 4, 2015 22:06

71Tele
No Tetsu, no Faces.

smiling smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 5, 2015 02:28

with sssoul
The two shows I saw with Ronnie, Mac, Kenny, Mick Hucknall and Glen Matlock were glorious.

thumbs up +1

I subsequently saw Rod Stewart for the first time ever and his performance left me feeling that Mick Hucknall would still do the better job now. But I can't see anyone replicating Mac's fabulous signature sound. His quiet charisma will really be missed. It's so idiotic of Rod not to have stepped up to do this before now.

Date: August 5, 2015 05:29

What a load in the pants! No Mac, no Faces. It would be cool to see the following players under a different name:

Ron Wood - guitar and vocals
Kenny Jones - drums
some no name singer who can really belt it - vocals
some no name bass player with an attitude - bass
some no name organ/moog player with an attitude - keyboards

Just the thrill of seeing Ronnie and Kenny would be awesome as long as they played under a different name like "Pissed Rat Bastards" or something and collected the right personnel to pull if off.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: August 5, 2015 06:24

I posted this in another thread a while back, but I wonder if Ronnie Lane had remained healthy, would he have been a candidate to replace Wyman in the Stones?

Something about a touring unit of Mick, Keith, Charlie, Woody, Lane, Mac and Bobby Keys just makes me smile.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: August 5, 2015 07:13

71Tele
No Tetsu, no Faces.

Or Free!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 5, 2015 10:09

Beast
with sssoul

thumbs up +1

I subsequently saw Rod Stewart for the first time ever and his performance left me feeling that Mick Hucknall would still do the better job now. But I can't see anyone replicating Mac's fabulous signature sound. His quiet charisma will really be missed. It's so idiotic of Rod not to have stepped up to do this before now.

+2 - so glad I had the chance to see the Mick Hucknall line-up. I hope somebody manages to record the Hurtwood get-together in some way, but it is indeed too little too late.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 5, 2015 15:48

The Faces are simply a glorious reminder of what a great band could be when they were fresh into it. To see them live was a revelation when Ronnie Lane was in the band. I was fortunate enough to see them 6 times between 1970 and 1973. Ancient history now. The Tetsu incarnation of the Faces also did some great shows, but without the Lane dynamic the band could never rise to those heights again. It would have been cool to see these guys back together again for a tour as the original outfit, but Lane's decline in health made that impossible. Too many years passed following Ronnie Lane's death to get the rest of them out as well, especially with Stewarts pathetic selfish attitude. While touring with the Bump Band Mac often exclaimed up on stage his unabashed disgust of Stewart's attitude as it related to the Faces getting back together. Mac really wanted a proper Faces reunion and then Rod would give life to the idea and then crash it in the end. Rod did this many, many times before Mac so sadly passed last year.

Good that the remaining members can raise some money if they get it together, but I am sure it will be bittersweet for them all knowing Mac and Ronnie aren't there.

I'm just about finished reading Had Me A Real Good Time, The Faces, by Andy Neil. There is some really good info and stories about the band in this book, and while some of the minutia gets in the way, it is a fine read, and recommended material for Faces fans. Meanwhile put on Long Player, Nod, or Ooh La La, and appreciate what the Faces were all about. Mac's compilation projects are also great.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: August 5, 2015 23:35

What songs did jesse ed davis play with them?
Any YouTube videos?

Go Dawgs!

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home