Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Atlanta, GA ZIP CODE SHOW
Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: August 2, 2015 05:10

I will say it, I saw 3X shows and from all the reviews I have read, the Atlanta show was the best of the tour.

Curious what everyone thinks about the best shows of the tour especially those who saw many shows.

Tom in NC

Re: Atlanta, GA ZIP CODE SHOW
Date: August 2, 2015 05:31

Arlanta was good. I really thought CYHMK was on another level.
Raleigh for me saw the boys much more on Fire with Ron and Keith really tying off on each other's playing.

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: August 2, 2015 19:23

I thought Pittsburgh was the best, due to all of the mistakes! The band was great that night!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 2, 2015 21:40

Can't imagine a better show than Atlanta

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: August 3, 2015 01:18

Atlanta had the best trifecta imo with CYHMK, You Gotta Move and Some Girls. This show also opened with Start Me Up , which I think set the whole crowd rocking off the bat.. I love JJF, but I think SMU gets to all ages and set the fire better as an opener. That old, packed stadium had a good vibe to it.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: August 3, 2015 02:04

I thought the show in Pittsburg was terrible! The sound from my seat was pretty bad. Having said that I still love the Stones. It was my 43rd show.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: August 3, 2015 02:38

I've seen 10 Stones shows since 1975.

The Atlanta show I attended this tour was in the top 5 of those shows, and, 40 years later, that is really saying something!

Cheers....

Date: August 3, 2015 05:38

IrisC
I thought the show in Pittsburg was terrible! The sound from my seat was pretty bad. Having said that I still love the Stones. It was my 43rd show.

Fair point, there were many blunders, and the system (from what I've heard) was not ace. Did it seem to you that they cut Lisa's mic off during the duet part of 'Gimme Shelter'? Also, where were your seats, if you don't mind me asking? I must say that I found that show more memorable/standing out than Philly 2013 (second night, which I attended) due to a plethora of reasons...The rainbow prior to the main act, them playing half of the request songs, the screen flickering on and off prior to the Stones taking stage (now that made me uneasy), Mick catching Keef off guard during band intros (he was enjoying a smoke break near Charlie), and Keef, in turn, cutting Mick off to rip through 'Satisfaction'. I loved it for the mistakes, even if Mick Taylor wasn't even there! (I know, heresywinking smiley)

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: August 3, 2015 14:45

I recorded the Orlando and I must say this little show was a little GEM! Was clean and powerful with not many blunders.

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: August 3, 2015 15:36

I attended 3 on Zip Code (Columbus, arlington & Atlanta) and attended 69 shows overall since 1990, and this Atlanta is in my TOP 5.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 3, 2015 17:20

I was at Atlanta - great, great sound - even from the upper deck. You Gotta Move was just great.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: August 3, 2015 23:38

In Pittsburg I sat lower level toward the back on Ronnies side. Sound was NOT good. Disappointing! However like I said it was my 43rd show and I still love the boys.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: August 4, 2015 00:35

kansas city, orlando, indy, detroit, columbus, san diego, milwaukee.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: August 4, 2015 04:35

It was fantastic. I know I am going to catch it but it was the energy and musicianship of a hot 1978 show.

Posted by: elmahore ()
Date: August 4, 2015 05:25

I was there and found the show to be fantastic! But it was the only one I was able to go to so I cannot compare. I watched several via Periscope, and while that was great it wasn't really the same as being there. Atlanta was great!!!

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: August 4, 2015 05:56

For my two cents, I thought the KC show was musical perfection and Milwaukee was high energy on the smaller stage compared to the rest of the stadium tour.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: August 4, 2015 08:27

I was at Atlanta and Nashville. A lot of people have said how great Nashville was, and it was.....but Atlanta was better.

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: August 4, 2015 12:27

Atlanta was the only show for me this year and I loved everything about it. The stadium was great for a concert (not too big or too small, no roof messing up the sound), the people where in a great mood; standing, singing & dancing from start to finsish, the setlist was amazing and the sound crystal clear and we had Keith running the catwalk (haven't seen that before).

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: August 4, 2015 15:06

Atlanta was great. The Stones were in a great mood as was the crowd. They seem to feed off of each other. As John1982 points out everything was perfect. The sound was sublime. The show was worth going to just to see Keith running the catwalk. Not once, but twice. The one thing that surprised me, "You Gotta Move" was played so well, they should have played it more than once.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 4, 2015 17:57

I think every show on this tour was that way. might of been the best tour ever.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home