Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

'JigSaw Puzzle' Isolated Bass ???
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: July 30, 2015 08:58

Anyone have a link for this?

Beautiful Bass here, probably their most melodic. Love how the notes climb thru/ the chords and fall back to the beginning.

Credits to go to Bill on the album, but I always thought it sounded like Keith playing. ??

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: 'JigSaw Puzzle' Isolated Bass ???
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 30, 2015 11:08

Marhsall
Anyone have a link for this?

Beautiful Bass here, probably their most melodic. Love how the notes climb thru/ the chords and fall back to the beginning.

Credits to go to Bill on the album, but I always thought it sounded like Keith playing. ??

It's 100% Bill, he could do some lovely melodic work. Don't sound so surprised.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 30, 2015 12:12

No isolated bass track exists for this, but it's Bill for sure.
And here is an example as to why Wyman was important for the group: He was what it's all about being a bass player - a teamplayer.

Richards, Taylor and Wood, could alllay down imaginable basslines, but everytime it's very obvious that it's ideas coming from guitarplayers, as the lines they played was more or less parts a guitar could have played as additional figures.

With Wyman (and Darryl Jones), it's all about acting as 'glue' between all other instruments.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 30, 2015 14:00

Exactly. Bill is a bassplayer, Keith, Ronnie and Mick sometimes play the bass. Big difference.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home