Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT: RIP Cecil
Date: July 31, 2015 03:23

steffialicia
When enough time goes by this will all be forgotten. Think of Michael Vick, the American football player, who was involved in dog fighting. He's now on a team and enjoying life. Sickening.

right now i don't think he is and he was convicted of funding it

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 31, 2015 15:55

treaclefingers
with sssoul
fuzzbox
If you eat meat or use things which requires animals to be killed for it, you should just stfu about this.

In that case I can shoot my mouth off about it all I want.
And even though I don't eat meat, there's a difference between eating meat
and paying grotesque sums of money to shoot an animal for no reason
and doing it in a way that ensured the animal's prolonged suffering,
apparently simply because you like to cause prolonged suffering.

lovely bitch-slap SSS.

I eat meat all the time. Love T-bones!

Date: July 31, 2015 16:28

(Sorry, I had to! winking smiley )

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 31, 2015 16:58

Well said LEM MOTLOW1 And Jereon, what I would love to do to this KILLER would land me in jail too! There's only one sliver of good news in this horrific act and that is that the media attention has turned not only to THIS SUBHUMAN, but the entire topic of extremely weathy men going into regions where money is scarce and KILLING NEARLY EXTINCT GORGEOUS CREATURES! And the reason is that they are SICK INDIVIDUALS who really need to be locked away where they can do no more killing!
Hopefully there will be justice for Cecil and an end to this TERRIBLE practice. This man's life is basically OVER, thank the Good Lord, because if he goes out in public, surely he will be executed. The rest of his hunting buddies may have to reconsider EVER going on safari again!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 31, 2015 17:13

EddieByword
I completely despair, a BBC reporter asked some 'Hunt association' executive, "why do you need to go around killing magnificent animals like this?"
He apparently responded with "because it's got teeth"........

That's why the dentist went for it smoking smiley

Date: July 31, 2015 17:16

mickschix
Well said LEM MOTLOW1 And Jereon, what I would love to do to this KILLER would land me in jail too! There's only one sliver of good news in this horrific act and that is that the media attention has turned not only to THIS SUBHUMAN, but the entire topic of extremely weathy men going into regions where money is scarce and KILLING NEARLY EXTINCT GORGEOUS CREATURES! And the reason is that they are SICK INDIVIDUALS who really need to be locked away where they can do no more killing!
Hopefully there will be justice for Cecil and an end to this TERRIBLE practice. This man's life is basically OVER, thank the Good Lord, because if he goes out in public, surely he will be executed. The rest of his hunting buddies may have to reconsider EVER going on safari again!

"...surely he will be executed..". You sure you want to say/endorse that? What he did was terrible but...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 31, 2015 17:18

Koen
EddieByword
I completely despair, a BBC reporter asked some 'Hunt association' executive, "why do you need to go around killing magnificent animals like this?"
He apparently responded with "because it's got teeth"........

That's why the dentist went for it smoking smiley

The Sky news presenter reviewing the papers and the BBC report did hypothosise about a fetish in that way............(the guy's obviously got at least one deviant issue...imo anyway........

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 31, 2015 17:21

mickschix

Unfortunately the Safari and trophy hunting business is alive and well and this incident will have little effect on it in the long run. Perhaps they will be a bit more aware of the legalities of their hunts but lions will continue to be killed according to quotas established by the governments of these African countries. Media attention alone isn't going to change the practice and if you truly want to make a difference I suggest you get involved by supporting the conservation organization of your choice. I've been pretty heavily involved in wild cat conservation for the past 10 years.

As I've said here before, one of the biggest problems with hunters like Walter Palmer is that they only want to kill the biggest and most magnificent animals which has terrible long term consequences for the species. After killing Cecil this guy actually asked his guide to find him an elephant to kill who's tusks were at least 63 pounds! That's a huge bull and when the guide said he wouldn't be able to find one that big, Mr. Palmer lost interest and flew home. That kind of mentality is toxic to the planet and deeply disturbing.

Date: July 31, 2015 17:31

Agreed. There is also a big issue with some of these countries allowing them to do this

Date: July 31, 2015 21:14

I guess I was hoping this would have more of an impact, Naturalust. Perhaps you'll be pleasantly surprised. And I DID NOT say I WISHED he would be executed, I said he WOULD BE if he ventures out. Just a guess that there are folks out there who would be quite happy to kill this moron. I sure do not wish him WELL however so take it as you will. I don't care about being sensitive about a guy who kills magnificant animals gleefully!
Back to your comments, Naturalust; it is pathetic that more can'tbe done to shut these hunters down...and I use that term lightly. How is it sport to lure a practically TAME lion to a place where he could be executed.? And STONES 50, do I endorse severe punishment for this moron? Bet your ass I do!

Date: July 31, 2015 21:40

Inciting...not a good idea

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 31, 2015 21:47

Naturalust
mickschix

Unfortunately the Safari and trophy hunting business is alive and well and this incident will have little effect on it in the long run. Perhaps they will be a bit more aware of the legalities of their hunts but lions will continue to be killed according to quotas established by the governments of these African countries. Media attention alone isn't going to change the practice and if you truly want to make a difference I suggest you get involved by supporting the conservation organization of your choice. I've been pretty heavily involved in wild cat conservation for the past 10 years.

As I've said here before, one of the biggest problems with hunters like Walter Palmer is that they only want to kill the biggest and most magnificent animals which has terrible long term consequences for the species. After killing Cecil this guy actually asked his guide to find him an elephant to kill who's tusks were at least 63 pounds! That's a huge bull and when the guide said he wouldn't be able to find one that big, Mr. Palmer lost interest and flew home. That kind of mentality is toxic to the planet and deeply disturbing.

It makes you wonder how someone with that type of psychosis can get and maintain a licence to practise medicine (dentistry) on humans...........

Re. the legal hunts; Governemnts everywhere could make a start to counter these and just pass a law to make it illegal for them to bring their 'trophies' into their home countries if the killing field countries' governments are actually promoting any type of big game 'hunts'.....That would stop any type of trophy being brought back 'legally' shot or otherwise...

I'm surprised it's not already illegal to bring a lions head through customs........or is the photo and video footage enough to satiate their lust......man, the more I think of it the more they sound like serial killers you see on films etc ----- taking a trophy...............

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-31 21:50 by EddieByword.

Date: July 31, 2015 21:55

Killing that gentle lion. NOT a good idea!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 31, 2015 22:00

Who took the dentist's money?

Date: July 31, 2015 22:06

mickschix
Killing that gentle lion. NOT a good idea!

So just say it THAT way and you will be fine

Date: July 31, 2015 22:40

mickschix
I guess I was hoping this would have more of an impact, Naturalust. Perhaps you'll be pleasantly surprised. And I DID NOT say I WISHED he would be executed, I said he WOULD BE if he ventures out. Just a guess that there are folks out there who would be quite happy to kill this moron. I sure do not wish him WELL however so take it as you will. I don't care about being sensitive about a guy who kills magnificant animals gleefully!
Back to your comments, Naturalust; it is pathetic that more can'tbe done to shut these hunters down...and I use that term lightly. How is it sport to lure a practically TAME lion to a place where he could be executed.? And STONES 50, do I endorse severe punishment for this moron? Bet your ass I do!

I truly do appreciate and share your passion here mickchix. I am actually a bit amazed (and delighted) on just how big an impact this has had! There is certainly an increased awareness of the issue, and something will be done to somewhat appease the angry mob. I just hope it motivates some people to get educated and involved because therein lies real long term solutions.

The truth of the matter is that this stuff has been going on legally and illegally for decades. The real conservation issues are generally the result of poverty, overpopulation and loss of habitat. Too many people competing for too few resources. Ironically some of the hunting outfits have actually made positive changes in poor countries where a total disregard and ignorance of long term wildlife issues ran rampart without the money and support of these people who's goal is to promote big game hunts. Strange but true.

It's complicated and a bit different in most every situation. Solutions like raising lions like domestic animals in order to release them for hunts sounds barbaric and crazy but may actually help preserve the wild species! Hunting camps often employ hundreds of locals who might otherwise be out poaching game on their own, resulting in even more loss. My point is that it is not as clear cut as throwing that moron dentist in jail in Zimbabwe, a place where the highest gov't salary is around $500 per month and his money would buy him out of just about any offense.

But I hope that this massive public outrage has the effect of making trophy hunting viewed as such a disgrace that it's popularity suffers and the demand for wild animals heads on the wall is severely diminished.

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: July 31, 2015 23:04

Naturalust
After killing Cecil this guy actually asked his guide to find him an elephant to kill who's tusks were at least 63 pounds! That's a huge bull and when the guide said he wouldn't be able to find one that big, Mr. Palmer lost interest and flew home. That kind of mentality is toxic to the planet and deeply disturbing.

Where did you read/hear this? I'm in the same metro area as Palmer, and the local media would have mentioned it if they knew of it. Not that it would really be possible to make him look any worse.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 31, 2015 23:22

weinerdog
Naturalust
After killing Cecil this guy actually asked his guide to find him an elephant to kill who's tusks were at least 63 pounds! That's a huge bull and when the guide said he wouldn't be able to find one that big, Mr. Palmer lost interest and flew home. That kind of mentality is toxic to the planet and deeply disturbing.

Where did you read/hear this? I'm in the same metro area as Palmer, and the local media would have mentioned it if they knew of it. Not that it would really be possible to make him look any worse.

In an issue of the "Jonah Hex" comic, Hex is hired by a paralyzed big game trophy hunter. When Hex asks how he was paralyzed, the hunter says "I shot a massive bull elephant and he charged me. My bullet killed him but as he died he fell on me, paralyzing me." Hex's response - "Seems only fair."

Date: August 1, 2015 00:38

weinerdog
Naturalust

It was reported on one of the major new outlets. Fox or CNN or Washington Post, something like that. It was a quote from someone who interviewed the outfitter. I think I found it from a simple google search on Walter Palmer.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 1, 2015 01:01

Naturalust
weinerdog
Naturalust

It was reported on one of the major new outlets. Fox or CNN or Washington Post, something like that. It was a quote from someone who interviewed the outfitter. I think I found it from a simple google search on Walter Palmer.

Here you go, Naturalust (and this will be the only time I quote Fox News grinning smiley )

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/07/31/dentist-who-killed-cecil-lion-wanted-to-kill-elephant-next-guide-says/

Date: August 1, 2015 01:23

Aquamarine
Naturalust
weinerdog
Naturalust

Here you go, Naturalust (and this will be the only time I quote Fox News grinning smiley )

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/07/31/dentist-who-killed-cecil-lion-wanted-to-kill-elephant-next-guide-says/

Thank you my dear, I appreciate your sacrifice and share your distaste for Fox News...the interviewer in the accompanying video drives me nuts with his attempt to skew the story in some amazingly distasteful ways.

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: August 1, 2015 06:56

Thank you Naturalust and Aquamarine. I'll just use the link from the Fox article smiling smiley

Poacher

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-01 06:57 by weinerdog.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: August 1, 2015 12:52

What really pisses me off is that 300 of these beautiful creatures living in the wild get shot every year, and this big Lion Cecil only makes it to the headlines and TV because of his appearance and the two idiots behind it. Or do I miss something? 300 headlines and red alerts on TV.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 1, 2015 22:00

Stones50
treaclefingers
with sssoul
fuzzbox
If you eat meat or use things which requires animals to be killed for it, you should just stfu about this.

In that case I can shoot my mouth off about it all I want.
And even though I don't eat meat, there's a difference between eating meat
and paying grotesque sums of money to shoot an animal for no reason
and doing it in a way that ensured the animal's prolonged suffering,
apparently simply because you like to cause prolonged suffering.

lovely bitch-slap SSS.

I eat meat all the time. Love T-bones!

does steak count as meat?

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 1, 2015 22:07

Naturalust
Aquamarine
Naturalust
weinerdog
Naturalust

Thank you my dear, I appreciate your sacrifice and share your distaste for Fox News...the interviewer in the accompanying video drives me nuts with his attempt to skew the story in some amazingly distasteful ways.

Of course one could go to other news outlets, you know, Obama's lapdogs. And that would mean nearly every other media outlet, now wouldn't it.

Date: August 1, 2015 22:15

Skew the story. HAHAHHAHHA. CNN MSNBC, JON STEWART who practically lives at the white house. HAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

OMG I am bet over with laughter. THANK YOU!

Skew the story. HAHAHHAHHA. CNN MSNBC, JON STEWART who practically lives at the white house. HAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

OMG I am bent over with laughter. THANK YOU!

Posted by: Koen ()

Cecil's brother was also killed today:

[abcnews.go.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-01 22:16 by Koen.

Date: August 1, 2015 22:28

terrible

Date: August 1, 2015 22:43

potus43

OMG I am bet over with laughter. THANK YOU!

No worries, potus, I get all my news here on iorr anyway. Especially the obituaries, seems someone's always on top of of who's gone down.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home