Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...109110111112113114115116117118119...LastNext
Current Page: 114 of 142
Re: KEEP out of time in the set!!!
Posted by: Gigbag ()
Date: June 2, 2022 19:15

Hi,

I heard it will stay on the set list for the tour. Next gig they will play it in the Metamorphosis version with strings in stead of the marimbas.

And then they will alternate.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:17

What a great performance. Keep this song on list.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:20

franzk
Out Of Time should replace YCAGWYW as a singalong track in the set.
Can never have enough singalong tracks in a stadium show winking smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:23

StonedRambler
franzk

Agreed I'm all for switching up warhorses but if you can't even get you can't always get what you want which you want things get complicated

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:32

Nikkei
StonedRambler
franzk

Agreed I'm all for switching up warhorses but if you can't even get you can't always get what you want which you want things get complicated
If you wanted you cant always get what you want and you would not get it. well... you cant always get what you want...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 2, 2022 22:35

Wow! Judging by the reaction it got from the crowd, why the hell wouldn't they play this every night???

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 3, 2022 00:12

And once again, Hairball nails it - I was going to make mention of Out of Time being in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (to great effect BTW) - I wonder if that had something to do with them adding it? Hoping they keep it in! I always thought Mother's Little Helper would be a great addition too, and I see some references to it here - is that because it was rehearsed?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 3, 2022 01:49

Erik_Snow
Yes, Out Of Time was great yesterday, one could hear that despite the poor online video-quality. Seems like they often get new energy when playing the rarely or never performed songs. I even liked Sad Sad Sad, allthough it's never been a favourite of mine.

I kind of felt OOT actually gained strength as the song went on, maybe spurred on by the crowd reaction. Presuming they keep playing it I bet it'll even get better over time.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 3, 2022 03:53

At least fans know there's a good chance of "Out Of Time" being performed again so they're be good and ready to get a good video the ones out there are fair to reason

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 3, 2022 04:56

Out of Time is this tour's 19th Nervous Breakdown

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 3, 2022 05:21

Justin

But this tour already has a 19th Nervous Breakdown. Does that mean that the existing 19th Nervous Breakdown would be out of time?

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: June 3, 2022 05:34

treaclefingers
Justin

But this tour already has a 19th Nervous Breakdown. Does that mean that the existing 19th Nervous Breakdown would be out of time?

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 3, 2022 09:37

I think it's not only a fine song, but a very interesting one, too, regarding the structure. It's a mighty good composition, imho.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 3, 2022 10:29

treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
Yes, Out Of Time was great yesterday, one could hear that despite the poor online video-quality. Seems like they often get new energy when playing the rarely or never performed songs. I even liked Sad Sad Sad, allthough it's never been a favourite of mine.

I kind of felt OOT actually gained strength as the song went on, maybe spurred on by the crowd reaction. Presuming they keep playing it I bet it'll even get better over time.

I felt the same and the better videos that appeared in the meantime seem to confirm my first impression that the band and even Mick showed some insecurity at the start and gained strength when they noticed the overwhelming crowd reaction. Anyway, a good sign that OOT will indeed stay in the set.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: June 4, 2022 10:30

Hope it will stay, crowd pleaser and a song many people out there did not now that it was written by RS. Have seen some of the videos. Could continue singing the refrain over and over again.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 4, 2022 10:59

Since I've heard this song live in the stadium I can't get this live version out of my head.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 4, 2022 11:59

treaclefingers
Justin

No, the existing 19th Nervous Breakdown became Under My Thumb now. If Under My Thumb appears in the setlist it will become Let's Spend The Night Together. It's simple logic!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 4, 2022 12:30

Ever since 2012 I think some of the songs they handle best now, are the 1965-1967 material, this last Out Of Time performance is just another example. They could go further and bring out All Sold Out for instance, together with the existing ones, as well as Mothers Little Helper.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 4, 2022 12:58

KEEP "OUT OF TIME" IN THE SET!!
IT'S A FANTASTIC VERSION AND A CROWDPLEASER!!!
TRUST IN IT!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-04 12:59 by micha063.

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: June 4, 2022 14:42

Couldn’t agree MORE!!! Keep OUT permanently in the set! It’s a wonderfully ironic tune for a band of the age of The Rolling Stones to play! Regardless it’s just brilliant! Dare I said it has a Beatles feeling to it, but with a totally Rolling Stones flavour.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 4, 2022 14:52

guitarbastard
thank you so much for this one. everyboy loved it. please keep it for the whole tour!!!

thumbs up...and Mother's Little Helper instead of "Miss You".

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 4, 2022 16:43

BeastyBurdeny
this + Mother's Little Helper every single night would be a great idea.

thumbs up

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 4, 2022 19:30

Erik_Snow
Ever since 2012 I think some of the songs they handle best now, are the 1965-1967 material, this last Out Of Time performance is just another example. They could go further and bring out All Sold Out for instance, together with the existing ones, as well as Mothers Little Helper.

Lady Jane being one of them. I think it sounded fantastic in 2012. I'd be thrilled if they brought back "Stupid Girl".

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: June 4, 2022 19:38

This time around I really felt they found a song from the archives that even the general public really liked and sang along to. Keep it!

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 4, 2022 21:09

"Out Of Time" was the song I requested when Mick posted that Instagram asking for suggestions. I'm going to Hyde Park 2 and desperately hoping they play it then.

It's Only Rock 'N Roll in 2022
Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 3, 2022 16:47

Only performed three times last year. Do you think they should play it more often? The groove is a bit different with Jordan:

Re: It's Only Rock 'N Roll in 2022
Date: June 3, 2022 16:53

Won't miss it tbh

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 3, 2022 17:15

Hope it makes a return for a few shows at least - it's essential Stones.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: June 3, 2022 17:39

It's good song. But not My favorite, not that good live song. Over played.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 3, 2022 18:36

Hairball
Hope it makes a return for a few shows at least - it's essential Stones.

It absolutely is. I wonder if they’d ever consider performing it like the studio version? That track has such a unique groove. I’ve always liked the looseness of the original. Since the Steel Wheels your, at least, it’s been a Chuck Berry number, pretty much; or, it’s seemingly becoming more-and-more like one. They could slow the tempo down, with Mick adding those great acoustic touches, as featured on the album and single take.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...109110111112113114115116117118119...LastNext
Current Page: 114 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home