Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 142
Re: KEEP out of time in the set!!!
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 2, 2022 07:04

Yes, Yes, Yes - keep “Out of Time” in the set. I was stunned when I saw it on
the rehearsal list and shocked that they played it on opening night! What a wonderful surprise. This is a keeper!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2022 07:35

Short of releasing a new album, and finally getting ElMo...this is the best 60th news we could get.

...and Two out of 3 ain't bad. Though I'm holding out for 3/3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 07:36 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 2, 2022 07:47

As to whether it was ever played live before, see Gazza's post in the Madrid thread:

[iorr.org]

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 08:19

Yes! This is a burner! One of my favorites since I listened to it the first time in 1969, when my uncle played his Aftermath. I play an accoustic version and I always wondered why they never played it.

KEEP IT IN THE SET!
IT'S A BURNER!!

smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 08:23 by micha063.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 2, 2022 09:14

I sorted through a few versions and this has the clearest synthesized marimbas. That are played by their other keyboards player. I forget his name.
While Chuck has some organ parts in OOT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 09:47 by triceratops.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 2, 2022 09:40

Cristiano Radtke
Yes, please!

I love 'em more than ever smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 2, 2022 09:45

One of my favorites too!
Fantastic version!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 2, 2022 09:59

treaclefingers
Magnificent they've added this.

Can Child of the Moon, We Love You or Dandelion be far behind?! hot smiley

Yeah OK, probably not...but great we have OOT and MLH!

Hold your horses, Treacle... We haven't got MLH yet...

But yeah, a pleasent surprise and a nice version indeed. Let's hope that it will remain in the set. Seemingly orchestrated for a sing-a-long. For that Spanish crowds were a good choice. Don't know how that will work in, say, Stockholm.. (Mick, give 'em a try.)

Mick sounds like having listened AFTERMATH lately. He even once said that it is his favourite Stones album. So why not playing a theme show. Add the rehearsed "Mother's Little Helper" and good old "Under My Thumb" to the set to accompany "Out of Time" and "Paint It, Black" (and keep "19th Nervous Breakdown" to keep a good 1966 vibe).

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 10:02 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 2, 2022 10:07

CLASSIC STONES track .... the velvet gloved put down ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 2, 2022 10:26

RisingStone
My hunch is, more likely OOT and MLH will be rotated night after night.

i think mlh should be rotated with 19th personally

and that out of time should stay where it is

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 2, 2022 12:00

Yes, Out Of Time was great yesterday, one could hear that despite the poor online video-quality. Seems like they often get new energy when playing the rarely or never performed songs. I even liked Sad Sad Sad, allthough it's never been a favourite of mine.

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 12:10

Out of Time SOUNDED AMAZING. A real trip back to the mid-60s. So cool to hear them doing it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP IN THE SET LIST spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 2, 2022 12:41

ProfessorWolf
RisingStone

Yeah, that’s another (and probably more favorable) possibility.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2022 12:54

RisingStone
ProfessorWolf
RisingStone

Yeah, that’s another (and probably more favorable) possibility.

I don't think 19th will be changed with anything as it was played at every show during last years US mini-tour - seems it's hear to stay.
Hopefully Mothers Little Helper does make the setlist, but would be a shame if it was at the expense of Out of Time...maybe they can replace Sad Sad Sad.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 2, 2022 13:16

guitarbastard
thank you so much for this one. everyboy loved it. please keep it for the whole tour!!!

Either thunderstorm during the Munich show AND Out of Time, or sunny weather BUT not Out of Time, God says.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 2, 2022 13:52

Erik_Snow
Yes, Out Of Time was great yesterday, one could hear that despite the poor online video-quality. Seems like they often get new energy when playing the rarely or never performed songs. I even liked Sad Sad Sad, allthough it's never been a favourite of mine.

Yeah, I liked "Sad Sad Sad" too. With a song like that it is the context that matters. It fits nicely to the flow of the show. They could have played "You Got Me Rocking" or "It's Only Rock'n'Roll' at its place to keep the house rocking after the thrill of the opening numbers, but since being a pretty rarely played number I think it was refreshing to hear it and it sounded fresh. It worked. (Besides I think it had a meaning to continue Mick's mentioning of them playing in Europe first time 'sin Charlie'. Sad sad sad, but it'going to be fine, fine, fine... All kudos to Charlie, but life goes on).

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 14:16 by Doxa.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 2, 2022 13:54

Fantastic how the crowd reacted to it! Hope they continue to experiment in the first half of the setlist for the rest of the tour. 19th Nervous Breakdown, Under my Thumb, Out of Time, Paint it Black, She's a Rainbow, Mothers Little Helper.. Truly adds some sxities to 'Sixty'...

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: June 2, 2022 14:09

Yes Definitely KEEP OUT and add 19th and Definitely MLHr PLEASE

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 14:18

Wow- I have always loved this song since first hearing it in the movie "Coming Home" (Hey, I was only about 16 at the time LOL).

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 2, 2022 14:33

Doxa
(Besides I think it had a meaning to continue Mick's mentioning of them playing in Europe first time 'sin Charlie'. Sad sad sad, but it'going to be fine, fine, fine... All kudos to Charlie, but life goes on).

- Doxa

Ha! I was actually thinking a bit of the same for a while, but thought I was seeing too much in things. It was nicely played, anyway. And maybe not it's just that the band get better energy when playing something "rare", but also us listeners. Like Under My Thumb and 19th Nervous Breakdown in 1997, or Not Fade Away as an opener at the Voodoo Lounge Tour. There's many examples.

Then again, it sometimes fail completely.....remember "Come Together",,,ha!

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: June 2, 2022 14:37

Fantastic addition to the set and great to have more songs from the classic Brian Jones era, it sounded incredible live and the audience clearly loved it. A brilliantly judged deep cut.

Sad, Sad, Sad sounded fantastic too, I love the entire Steel Wheels album so anything from this era is always welcome. Good to hear it represented by two songs last night.

Overall a well balanced and timed set with no clunkers or bad songs. So glad they dropped YGMR and I don't miss Brown Sugar at all.

I'd love to hear Under My Thumb in the style of the 81 tour but really, it would be silly to complain about what they delivered last night.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 2, 2022 14:40

You can quite clearly hear that it takes the audience just one chorus to pick up on it. Nothing of that "blank faces" trope. And it's explicitely a non-Hot Rocks number. btw something interesting about judging performances from phone recordings: [www.youtube.com] note how the sounds seems to be very clear and balanced, until he zooms out and suddenly you hear that the phone for some reason completely drowned out Chuck when it was zoomed close-up. These things have gotten too smart

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 2, 2022 14:56

In recent years every city has gotten one rare song virtually exclusive to that show. OOT was probably intended as that one off but we’ll see.

Date: June 2, 2022 15:01

rbk
In recent years every city has gotten one rare song virtually exclusive to that show. OOT was probably intended as that one off but we’ll see.

What did Hollywood, FL get? winking smiley

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 2, 2022 15:31

Yes yes yes, I really hope they keep OOT in the set! Absolute monster of a song and one of my all-time favourites.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 2, 2022 15:38

Great song, nice to hear them play it live.
They are almost out of time.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 2, 2022 15:41

I hope that " OUT OF TIME" stays in the setlist during the tour! And I'll dissipointed if they drop it.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 2, 2022 16:08

Stones + marimbas + Mick + done live is a winning formula.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 2, 2022 16:19

Out Of Time should replace YCAGWYW as a singalong track in the set.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 2, 2022 16:36

One of my favorite tunes!
I hope that " OUT OF TIME" stays in the set list during the tour!hot smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home