Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...125126127128129130131132133134135...LastNext
Current Page: 130 of 142
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 17, 2022 20:51

It appears to be the Billboard Digital Sales Song Chart. Who knew there were so many friggin charts!!!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 17, 2022 20:52

MelBelli
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
If they included all of their #1 singles, the setlists would look a bit different. Is it true that they haven't had a #1 in the UK since 1969?!?!!?!?!?!

UK #1's
‘It’s All Over Now’ (1964)
‘Little Red Rooster’ (1964)
‘The Last Time’ (1965)
‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (1965)
‘Get Off My Cloud’ (1965)
‘Paint it Black’ (1966)
‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’ (1968)
‘Honky Tonk Women’ (1969)

US #1's
'(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction'
'Get Off of My Cloud'
'Paint It, Black'
'Ruby Tuesday'
'Honky Tonk Women'
'Brown Sugar'
'Angie'
'Miss You'
'Living In A Ghost Town'

The one in bold was not a number one single in the US.

It was #1 on the iTunes chart, hence the reason for its inclusion. I don't know how iTunes compares to Billboard. I'd think in this day and age that, given the number of folks who listen digitally vs. can even buy a hard-copy physical release, that this chart would matter more. What's more, a great amount of fuss was made about it being the Stones first #1 in 40 years. For these reasons, I included it.

To put it this way - #1 on iTunes does not translate to #1 on Billboard. It can certainly coincide but it does not dictate how Billboard charts songs or albums.

What was it on the Spotify singles chart? Or Amazon singles chart? Tidal? iHeart? Etc. See how that is?

Billboard encompasses ALL but not equally. Streaming, especially a package deal like Apple Music etc, x amount a month, doesn't get counted the same as a (purchased) single or album sale.

OK fair point. I'll remove it from the list. It did reach #3 on Billboard - their highest charting song since SMU. Higher than Mixed Emotions even!!!

Not sure which billboard chart it was, but I’m 99% it wasn’t the Hot 100.

Ghost Town reached #106 on the Hot 100/Bubbling Under Hot 100, #3 on the Rock Songs chart and #5 on the Song Sales chart. It did reach #1 on iTunes for a couple of days but the sales there are so low that less than 5k in a week is enough to reach #1, even the song was a #3 Hit on the Rock chart but that wasn't enough to reach the Hot 100, rock music is almost non existent on today's singles chart which is 90% streaming.

The last song to reach the Billboard Hot 100 was the remix of SFTD in 2003 at #97 and the last original song was Saint Of Me at #94....yes the last original Rolling Stones song to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 was nearly 25 years ago in March 1998.

Date: December 17, 2022 20:58

VoodooLounge13
It appears to be the Billboard Digital Sales Song Chart. Who knew there were so many friggin charts!!!

Here is a close to date list of singles/albums and more with all the UK/US charts since 1963 to early 2022.

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-17 20:58 by georgelicks.

Date: December 17, 2022 21:20

Actually it may have been #1 on the Billboard Digital Song Sales Chart too. Nearly 2,000,000 sales is no small feat for a band as irrelevant as the Stones are to most younger than Gen X. And I don’t mean that in any sort of harsh way. It’s just a bit of a reality. Hell for a lot of people on this board even they stopped being relevant in 1968, 1974, 1978, or 1981. Pick your timeframe. For me they’re relevant regardless and I love most of their latter day stuff, B&L notwithstanding.

LIAGT

Date: December 17, 2022 23:10

VoodooLounge13
Actually it may have been #1 on the Billboard Digital Song Sales Chart too. Nearly 2,000,000 sales is no small feat for a band as irrelevant as the Stones are to most younger than Gen X

LIAGT

Actually it was 2 million streams, not sales.
That number is almost irrelevant on today's streaming market.

Date: December 17, 2022 23:18

Indeed it was!!! My mistake.

Songs to perform in 2023
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 11:54

Satisfaction
Golden train
Winter
Can you hear the music
Let me Go
Summer Romance
Where did the boys Go
I go Wild
Out of Time
Out of tears
Out of control
Jumping Jack flash
Heaven
Start me up
Waiting on a friend
Flip the switch
Jiving little sister fanny
Who's driving my plane
The last time
Parachute Woman
Jigsaw puzzle
Stop breaking down
Lies
Till the next goodbye
Time waits for no one
If you really want to be my friend
Luxury
Dance little sister
100 years ago
Rough Justice
Look what the cat dragged in
Saint of me
Dirty work
Fight
One hit to the body
Undercover of the night
Tie me up
It must be hell
Pretty beat up
Shattered
Crazy Mama
Hey Negrita

Really want to listen The Golden train

Re: Songs to perform in 2023
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 11:58

Street Fighting Man
Let's Spend The Night Together
Tumbling Dice
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Honky Tonk Women
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Paint It Black
Start Me Up
Gimme Shelter
Jumping Jack Flash
Sympathy For The Devil
Satisfaction

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 27, 2023 12:15

the new songs

and too much blood

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 27, 2023 12:19

Torn and Frayed

Date: January 27, 2023 12:23

<Really want to listen The Golden train>

What's wrong with Silver Train?

Posted by: Congratulations ()
Date: January 27, 2023 12:34

Come On.

Date: January 27, 2023 18:35

It's All Over Now

Play Have You Seen Your Mother Baby live in 2023!
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 12, 2023 20:59

Out Of Time was a wonderful highlight of 2022 tour. Why don't they try to play Have You Seen Your Mother Baby in 2023? I think it could be a great highlight too!

Re: Play Have You Seen Your Mother Baby live in 2023!
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 12, 2023 21:09

First thought that came to mind - trainwreck.

Love the original studio version with every bone in my body, but can't imagine them playing a worthy/cohesive version of it in their current state.
It's fast and probably a bit too quirky for them to do it justice these days, and n fact according to setlistfm, they haven't played it since 1966.
Can't see them trying to resurrect it now, unless they stripped it down to a slow blues tune...or a dirge...acoustic...out on the b-stage....nah, nevermind...

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 12, 2023 21:10

hell yes

Date: February 12, 2023 21:27

I like Mick's one-off performance of the song from 1993, but personally I'd rather hear 'Mother's Little Helper'.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 12, 2023 21:30

Hairball

Love the original studio version with every bone in my body, but can't imagine them playing a worthy/cohesive version of it in their current state.
It's fast and probably a bit too quirky for them to do it justice these days, and n fact according to setlistfm, they haven't played it since 1966.
Can't see them trying to resurrect it now, unless they stripped it down to a slow blues tune...or a dirge...acoustic...out on the b-stage....nah, nevermind...

HYSYMB is 100 BMP while GOOMC is 126 BPM.

Date: February 12, 2023 21:52

franzk
Hairball

HYSYMB is 100 BMP while GOOMC is 126 BPM.

No disrespects to Charlie, but I believe they have more chance of pulling it off with Steve Jordan than they would've with CW in recent years. Those live versions of '19th Nervous Breakdown' from last year have more energy than the versions from the Voodoo Lounge era!

Date: February 12, 2023 23:58

I would love for them to keep Out OF Time for the US shows. I’d also love to hear Mothers Little Helper, One Hit, Thru & Thru, Almost Hear You Sigh, Blue Turns To Grey, Hand Of Fate, Going to a Go-Go for Charlie. Have Miss You retired, Moana in its place, Gimme Shelter alternate with Rambler. The whole set needs an overhaul and revamping at this point. It’s stale and often predictable (2nd half anyway).

With Chanel in the mix I’m hoping for the return of BS. Fingers crossed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-12 23:59 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 13, 2023 00:30

Is it confirmed that Chanel is coming out with them this time?
Return of BS? I'm saying no way is that happening. IMO.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-13 00:32 by angee.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 13, 2023 01:26

There are really a lot of songs they used to play as set list regulars for a while which would of course still work in any stadium show that are not the usual warhorses.
How about

Memory Motel
Heartbreaker
Rock And A Hard Place
Beast Of Burden
The Last Time
Anybody Seen My Baby
Saint Of Me
Undercover

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: February 13, 2023 01:49

Congratulations
No disrespects to Charlie, but I believe they have more chance of pulling it off with Steve Jordan than they would've with CW in recent years. Those live versions of '19th Nervous Breakdown' from last year have more energy than the versions from the Voodoo Lounge era!

They didn't play 19th Nervous Breakdown on the VL-tour. The BTB-tour versions were good though.

I think Charlie's drumming had tons of energy up until 2007, from 2012 and onwards he slowed down a bit (but still played with a nice groove and feel).

Steve's drumming with the Stones doesn't do anything for me. It's professional and tight but adds nothing to the songs. Don't think I will ever see them live again.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 13, 2023 01:59

Would love Out Of Time, Mother's Little Helper and maybe a few BJ era songs. Enough shorter songs they can squeeze in more than 19. Out Of Time might have suffered the same fate as other setlist oddities if the crowd didn't respond so enthusiastically.

Have to wait to hear the new album before I say how many I wanna hear in the setlist.

Otherwise satisfied with the overall structure and theme. Deep cuts look good on paper or following the setlist at home but in reality are often frustrating if not infuriating. I remember half my section emptying out during Factory Girl at Staples. So much they were still coming back with beer causing further distraction 10 mins later. Wouldn't be surprised if it looked like halftime on the concourse.

Check it out, this show had 5 ABB songs.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 13, 2023 05:32

It's time for Dance Little Sister.
And Where The Boys All Go
Plus...

Terrifying
Saint of Me
Slave
Crazy Mama
Time Waits For No One
I Go Wild

Date: February 13, 2023 05:43

Mixed Emotions too

Date: February 13, 2023 05:44

angee
Is it confirmed that Chanel is coming out with them this time?
Return of BS? I'm saying no way is that happening. IMO.

I’m assuming that since she was recording with them that she’ll be out on tour.

Date: February 13, 2023 09:39

yeababyyea
Congratulations

They didn't play 19th Nervous Breakdown on the VL-tour. The BTB-tour versions were good though.

I think Charlie's drumming had tons of energy up until 2007, from 2012 and onwards he slowed down a bit (but still played with a nice groove and feel).

Steve's drumming with the Stones doesn't do anything for me. It's professional and tight but adds nothing to the songs. Don't think I will ever see them live again.

Oops, you're right, it was BTB tour. Not great imo. Compare 1997 to 2022 (Hyde Park 2022 was played at GLIYWI pace!).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-13 09:41 by Congratulations.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 13, 2023 11:09

Fingerprint File would be very interesting .

[...and to repeat myself..I'd like to hear Torn and Frayed ]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 13, 2023 11:50

Hairball

how does this version from the rehearsals in madrid last year sound like a trainwreck to you?

and this version is eight seconds shorter then the studio version

so much for this being to fast for them nowadays

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-13 12:02 by ProfessorWolf.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...125126127128129130131132133134135...LastNext
Current Page: 130 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2066
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home