Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...123124125126127128129130131132133...LastNext
Current Page: 128 of 141
Re: Dream Setlist
Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: October 18, 2022 17:05

Good work
Can we add Let it Loose?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 18, 2022 17:30

Tasty setlist! I'd add Mona and Moonlight Mile.

Date: October 18, 2022 17:34

such a shame they never did Slave.

Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 18, 2022 18:10

As to the said dream setlist, my choice: All the songs of a possible coming studio album. Plus the song "Living in a Ghost Town". All the remaining songs chosen from A BIGGER BANG and BRIDGES TO BABYLON.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 27, 2022 23:22

NashvilleBlues
Tasty setlist! I'd add Mona and Moonlight Mile.

Y'know I was listening to Mona the other day, and I was thinking that it might make an interesting opener, with an extended drum intro, or perhaps could replace Miss You as the song after Keef's set.... Would definitely work well live I think!!!

Date: October 27, 2022 23:39

Revisited my dream setlist, and come up with this. Won't get Mick or Bill, but hey, it's a dream! LOL Man, there's so many great obscure 60's songs that I think could be subbed in (in the song vote perhaps, rotating with Try A Little Harder). So glad OOT was broken out last year, as I've always thought that'd be great live, and I always wanted to hear it live - Hope they keep it for next year, at least some of the nights. Would love to hear things like Blue Turns to Grey, Sittin' On A Fence, Tell Me, Time Is On My Side, Take It Or Leave It, Back Street Girl, I Am Waiting, Play With Fire, As Tears Go By [sorry I've never gotten it live]).

One Hit
Too Tight
Hang Fire
Going to a Go-Go (for Charlie)
Almost Hear You Sigh
Hand Of Fate
Winter (with Mick T)
Silver Train (with Mick T)
Loving Cup
Try A Little Harder
Thru & Thru
Can't Be Seen
Mona
Criss Cross
Jump On Top Of Me
Tie You Up
Don't Wanna Go Home
Let Me Go
Driving Too Fast

Encore
Paint It, Black (with Bill & Mick T)
JJF (with Bill & Mick T)

Date: October 28, 2022 03:11

I'm compiling a list of all my shows' set lists and songs heard live along with the number of times, much like I saw someone had on the Stones' app. I've realized that I haven't seen a show that had more than 19 songs since 2006!!!

Date: October 31, 2022 19:48

I also just realized that I have actually never heard Angie live, and I had assumed I'd gotten it several times! I'm not overly complaining, since it's one of my least favorite songs, but now I have to almost look forward to its live debut for me! HA!!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 31, 2022 19:54

Thoughts on the number of songs they'll play on the rumored tour? Start with 19 at the beginning of the tour and end the tour with 18?

Also, will they drop a setlist staple like Miss You?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 31, 2022 20:14

A 19 song set is a given at this point, and depending on certain variables (Micks vocals, etc.), that could drop to 18 occasionally.
Doubt there will be anything less than that, but the Hard Rock Florida show in '21 was only 17 so you never know.

They'll keep Miss You, but would be nice if the edited out most of the lengthy middle section including the unnecessary/out of place bass solo.
I've always loved the studio version, and usually have enjoyed it live, but it seems to go on for far too long...it's no wonder some people go for a beer run and/or a piss break.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-31 20:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 1, 2022 06:07

love to hear shame shame shame in the rarities slot at some point

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: November 1, 2022 10:55

My dream set-list.. (I'll try to be kinda realistic)

- Not Fade Away
- Start me Up
- Star Star
- Off the Hook
- Tumbling Dice
- Dead Flowers
- Moonlight Mile
- Under my Thumb
- Ruby Tuesday
- Little T & A
- You got the Silver
- Sympathy for the Devil (With Mick Taylor)
- Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
- Emotional Rescue
- Almost Hear You Sigh
- Paint it Black
- Brown Sugar
- Street Fighting Man
- Jumping Jack Flash

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 2, 2022 23:15

Here's my trying to be a little realistic (but a lot of wishful thinking) setlist for the upcoming tour:

Start Me Up
Mothers Little Helper
Emotional Rescue
Dice
NEW SONG
Memory Motel (or Winter)
NEW SONG
All Down the Line
KEEF NEW SONG
T&A
BITCH
Miss You
NEW SONG
Honky
Sympathy
Paint it Black
Jumping Jack Flash

YCAGWYW
Satisfaction

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: November 10, 2022 15:20

I totally get the idea behind opening with a strong classic song to immediately set the mood, but wouldn't it be much nice to just start with something completely different? Mick and Keith walking forward together after 'Ladies & gentlemen...' and start playing 'Happy' as they sang it together in the 70s? The crowd would go wild.. I really miss those kinds of refreshing ideas in recent decades. It has become so terribly predictable. The only surprise is in the song vote and 2 or 3 rotating songs...

And isn't it a bit contradictory that when they were younger and more energetic, there were all kinds of fireworks and explosions and inflatable puppets on stage and now that they're a lot more static, that's all gone? While it would just add more nowadays..

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 10, 2022 20:16

ribbelchips

And isn't it a bit contradictory that when they were younger and more energetic, there were all kinds of fireworks and explosions and inflatable puppets on stage and now that they're a lot more static, that's all gone? While it would just add more nowadays..

It is, but then again that of scaling down and not being that innovative any longer in regard to the stage can also be a symptom of them not being that young and energetic (and ambitious) any longer. For example, I believe Jagger might be a bit more careful into which to concentrate his energy. Probably he still wants to have a control over all things concerned, and not letting things go without his active involvement. Also a bit of 'look, at this stage we can get away with lesser effort' (compared to the huge-scale Cohlian tours) can be a part of it. Pragmatically speaking, that's true.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-10 20:26 by Doxa.

Potencial Warhorses after SMU
Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: December 15, 2022 01:49

What's a warhorse anyway?
A song that people (casual fans) who attend a concert expect to hear, maybe.
I believe if given proper radio airplay (when applied), and keeping them regularly on the setlists, a couple of songs could have become warhorses on their own, replacing (not always of course) some of the usual suspects.
1) Rough Justice. A perfect second song on the setlist. Energetic, powerful, it rocks.
Could be on regular rotation instead of iorr / lstnt or having the same treatment of these two at least.
2) Out of Control. I hadn't bought the CD when I heard it for the first time: Live in Miami. It blew me away! Its perfect spot is after Keith's set instead of Miss You. Darryl can shine on this as well.
3) Doom and Gloom. Right before Keith's set. D & G appeared on one of the Avengers movies, so it could appeal to the younger audience.
As slow tunes goes:
Almost Hear You Sight can become a crowd pleaser. It worked really well in stadiums when played in the SW tour. Could replace Wild Horses, Angie, etc.
For Keith's set replacement, You Don't Have to Mean It could work just perfect. Also Thru and Thru which become famous thanks to the Sopranos.
So there you have it, 5 or 6  brand new warhorses.
And I just realized that this topic could very well end up in the Setlist Discussion.

Re: Potencial Warhorses after SMU
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 15, 2022 02:06

She Was Hot, Too Tight,Continental Drift,Anybody Seen My Baby.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: December 15, 2022 02:09

Taylor1

Definitely, I was thinking of She Was Hot as well.
Continental Drift could replace YCAGWYW.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 15, 2022 02:14

When You're Gone .......

built for guitar/harp battle

ROCKMAN

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 15, 2022 03:33

Out Of Control and Saint Of Me became de facto neo-war horses (in Europe at least), it seems to me.

There's a number of songs that might work well enough live and might become recurring parts of setlists but I don't think it will happen at this stage in their career and after decades of shows with mainly older material.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 15, 2022 04:03

Brown Sugar was one of my favorite warhorses, and I genuinely hope they bring it back some day.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 15, 2022 06:50

Undercover Of The Night/One Hit/Mixed Emotions/Love Is Strong/Anybody Seen My Baby/Rough Justice

No surprises here. What’s more surprising is, however, that none of the above has joined the warhorse club for whatever reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-15 06:51 by RisingStone.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 15, 2022 06:56

Taylor1

Continental Drift? Remove the instrumental aspect and it's a pallid song, a weak Mick solo song played by the Stones.

Anybody Seen My Baby and She Was Hot, just like She's So Cold, they couldn't pull off live.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 15, 2022 06:58

RisingStone
Undercover Of The Night/One Hit/Mixed Emotions/Love Is Strong/Anybody Seen My Baby/Rough Justice

No surprises here. What’s more surprising is, however, that none of the above has joined the warhorse club for whatever reason.

Only UOTN has been played more than any of the others. But still not enough to be a warhorse ala You Got Me Rocking, the newest warhorse since Start Me Up, with possible inclusion of the horrendous Rock And A Hard Place.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 15, 2022 08:12

There is a ‘warhorse’ that came to be, post Start Me Up: You Got Me Rocking.

If we’re talking about songs that we don’t yet think of as warhorses, but are creeping-up in terms of performances, then we’d need to check Set-List FM.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 15, 2022 08:50

She Was Hot and Flip The Switch

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: December 15, 2022 09:02

GasLightStreet
Taylor1

Continental Drift? Remove the instrumental aspect and it's a pallid song, a weak Mick solo song played by the Stones.

Anybody Seen My Baby and She Was Hot, just like She's So Cold, they couldn't pull off live.

Easily the best song of the four.

Posted by: Congratulations ()
Date: December 15, 2022 09:32

Like A Rolling Stone, as it was their biggest post-'83 UK hit.

Also, Mixed Emotions (though unfortunately I think Mick would struggle to perform it nightly these days).

Date: December 15, 2022 10:11

Congratulations
Like A Rolling Stone, as it was their biggest post-'83 UK hit.

Also, Mixed Emotions (though unfortunately I think Mick would struggle to perform it nightly these days).

Was it a bigger hit than Harlem Shuffle? #5 in the US, #1 in New Zealand and #3 in the European Hot 100 charts.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: December 15, 2022 10:21

Probably Anybody Seen My Baby and Undercover, flip the switch if played fast

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...123124125126127128129130131132133...LastNext
Current Page: 128 of 141

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1959
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home