Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...122123124125126127128129130131132...LastNext
Current Page: 127 of 142
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 28, 2022 05:47

Big Al
ProfessorWolf
85 is my max for keith and that's stretching him to his limits

more realistically i'd say 2025-26 being it for him

mick though who knows

maybe 90 or above

but of course not at the level he's performing at today

or perhaps he could perform as well as he does today for a shorter period of time per show

ronnie?

let's just hope he gets a couple more years with his girls

The Rolling Stones will not be performing together onstage in their mid-80’s. One - or more - of them will pass before then. If not, they’ll be alive, but incapable of completing a show competently. Considering the latter: there’s no way that Mick would allow that. His longevity is legendary. I hope he won’t hinder that. Keith’s hanging-on, in my opinion. It’s always blissful joy to catch him ‘live’, but...

i don't thinks so either but i don't entirely rule out the possibility either

because who thought that they'd be performing in there 50's, 60's, 70's etc.

but i still think it's possible that stone will continue as a band until 2025

then keith will retire from touring sometime around there

but hopefully not from making music

they could still continue the stones as a studio band making largely cover albums with one or two original songs since they have trouble seemingly coming up with original ideas

maybe they could still do one or two shorter arena shows a year with astronomical prices
in major cities

and i very much believe mick will continue performing onstage in some way for the rest of his life

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-28 08:31 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 28, 2022 06:37

Looking forward to the 75th anniversary. thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 28, 2022 06:48

Hairball - a tour is a tour unless it's extremely short. 6 dates might be beinding it but a tour means travelling so... even if it's three shows, it's a tour.

Why you keep calling Stones tours "mini tours" is ridiculous.

You can belittle them all you want, that's great, but a tour is a tour for The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 28, 2022 10:04

GasLightStreet
Hairball - a tour is a tour unless it's extremely short. 6 dates might be beinding it but a tour means travelling so... even if it's three shows, it's a tour.

Why you keep calling Stones tours "mini tours" is ridiculous.

You can belittle them all you want, that's great, but a tour is a tour for The Rolling Stones.

thumbs up

These guys for years did sometimes 2 gigs a night. They’ve been doing it for Sixty Year’s, they’re in their 70s. It’s amazing they can do a run of 15 or whatever it is date tour at all. It’s all gravy now and has been for some years. People say BTB tour, some say once Bill left, some say the licks tour, for me it was after the Bigger Bang tour. I liked the album, I liked the tunes they played live, but I’ve loved every show since, they’re old men, but they still sound great.

In a way Charlie softened the eventual day that will come when there won’t be a Rolling Stones, we lost him, but not the stones, and unfortunately one day we will. So cherish it for what it is. It’s a bit slower, it’s a bit the same, but it brought you a lot of love for so many years and through so many times your patient and love it back. The fact that when they kick into Rambler every night and are still one of the greatest rock n roll bands helps a lot too!!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 28, 2022 10:18

I think there can be no doubting that A Bigger Bang was their final, full-scale, large global tour. What we’ve had post-2012 is a ‘new model’ What started with Steel Wheels, ended in 2007. I don’t consider these ‘mini-tours’ at all, however. If they were still touring like in 2007, then perhaps these shorter tours could be seen as a divergence from their usual norm of sorts, but there’s no alternative anymore. This is their sole way of hitting the road.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 28, 2022 11:27

Many want to make their own "SET LIST" thread. That is why I started this thread seven years ago. Please read what I posted then, the first post of this thread, repeated below.

Why don't they play "Mothers Little Helper"? Why don't they play "Brown Sugar"? There are probably 2-3 new threads of that sort per week. And may be thousand per year.

If I did not merge those threads, this is what would happen:

- IORR would be scattered and fragmented by lots of small threads
- One to two weeks later nobody would see or find these small threads

Because these scattered small posts are merged, this is the advantage:

- Now there is a handle where set list discussions are sorted in time
- You may navigate in time, search for combinations etc

Just try the power of search, like this one, search terms on google.com:

mothers little helper set list site:iorr.org

You will see this thread is highly visible, number one on the search:

The Rolling Stones set list discussions - IORR.org
[iorr.org] › talk › read
23 Aug 2020 · 30 posts · 20 authors

Then there are many other threads, but the smaller the thread is, the harder it is to find it later on. There are more than ONE MILLION posts on IORR.

This is the first post I made on this thread when it was made 29 July 2015:

There has been hundreds probably thousands of posts and comments regarding the Rolling Stones set list. They are posted everywhere, in any thread, live reports etc. It is like salt and pepper, you find it everywhere.

Don't we trust the band? Do we expect them to take our advices? Will Keith replace B4 and Happy just because we say so? Will they start playing 30 songs for 3 hours just because we say so? Or will they go on as they have done the past 53 years?

There might be many older setlist threads. At one point it is time to say the subject is debated to death, but I understand people do want to express their opinion, regardless of Mick and Keith care about what some say.

So here you go. Feel free to comment, and now I have a hook for most of the future set list discussions. And if there are some older ones, separate threads on set lists, feel free to report me and I will merge.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 29, 2022 00:27

yet to be played: All Down The Line

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: July 29, 2022 16:34

Still hope for 6 different number in Berlin.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 29, 2022 17:17

Nikkei
yet to be played: All Down The Line

Yes or It is only rock ‘n roll.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 30, 2022 06:29

Go to 4:35 and you'll see why All Down The Line hasn't been played!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 30, 2022 11:57

I think the biggest "surprise" we can count on is to bring one of the songs that were on the song vote list but haven't been played live yet, like Fool To Cry, Shine A Light or Worried About You.

Date: August 1, 2022 15:23

This is what I don't understand about the Rolling Stones' set list choices .....

They make the 2022 tour debut of "Out of Control" in Stockholm despite the fact that they performed it there in 2014.

It would have made much more sense to me to have played "Out of Control" somewhere else such as Lyon maybe and then do "Heartbreaker" or something new to Sweden in Stockholm.

Date: August 1, 2022 15:49

franzk
I think the biggest "surprise" we can count on is to bring one of the songs that were on the song vote list but haven't been played live yet, like Fool To Cry, Shine A Light or Worried About You.
Berlin will get Mothers Little Helper. We all know it. And we deserve it.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: August 1, 2022 16:30

PaintMonkeyManBlack
franzk

I have a feeling MLH won't get played this tour and will get air time on the next tour--if there is a next tour. That's my gut, but I hope I am wrong.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 1, 2022 16:47

PaintMonkeyManBlack
franzk

Have they ever debuted a new song on the last show of a tour? I don't think so.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 16:55

franzk
PaintMonkeyManBlack
franzk

Have they ever debuted a new song on the last show of a tour? I don't think so.

Brown Sugar and The Sun is Shining on the 1969 American Tour!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 16:55 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 1, 2022 20:44

Winning Ugly VXII
This is what I don't understand about the Rolling Stones' set list choices .....

They make the 2022 tour debut of "Out of Control" in Stockholm despite the fact that they performed it there in 2014.

It would have made much more sense to me to have played "Out of Control" somewhere else such as Lyon maybe and then do "Heartbreaker" or something new to Sweden in Stockholm.

Actually they played "Angie" in Stockholm 2014 as well - a number we cannot say is a very constant in their set lists either. I can't recall if it was a debute in this tour or not. Are Chuck's diaries full of errors or he does a bad job?grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 1, 2022 20:53

Doxa
Winning Ugly VXII

Actually they played "Angie" in Stockholm 2014 as well - a number we cannot say is a very constant in their set lists either. I can't recall if it was a debute in this tour or not. Are Chuck's diaries full of errors or he does a bad job?grinning smiley

- Doxa

Well we got Heartbreaker at Cirkus, myself I was longing for BOB last night. It's like when we got Sweet Virginia in 2017, having been gotten it in 2003 as well. Great songs anyway so I'm happy. What's most weird is not having IORR or BS in the setlist, two REAL party tunes. I brought my mum last night and she had only seen them once before, in 2014 so she has been doubled up on Angie and OOCsmileys with beer

Date: August 1, 2022 21:20

Was checking and suprised that in 19 shows i only saw wild horses for the second time in paris. Would have guessed i saw it 10 times before.

Date: August 2, 2022 01:20

MadMax
Doxa
Winning Ugly VXII

- Doxa

Well we got Heartbreaker at Cirkus, myself I was longing for BOB last night. It's like when we got Sweet Virginia in 2017, having been gotten it in 2003 as well. Great songs anyway so I'm happy. What's most weird is not having IORR or BS in the setlist, two REAL party tunes. I brought my mum last night and she had only seen them once before, in 2014 so she has been doubled up on Angie and OOCsmileys with beer

I know what you're saying but,they should factor in a song performed one time in a country in front of 1,900 people 19 + years prior (part of basically a theatre concert) versus a song performed in front of 37,000 people only 8 years and a month prior.

Anyway "Heartbreaker" was just a general example. Substitute whatever other song that they have rehearsed and rotate in from time to time but .... HAS NOT been performed there.

They also could have looked back and noticed that "Beast of Burden" or whatever would have been a better idea than "Angie" for this particular show.

Date: August 2, 2022 01:31

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Was checking and suprised that in 19 shows i only saw wild horses for the second time in paris. Would have guessed i saw it 10 times before.

I am in the same boat there. 2 x "Wild Horses" out of 15 concerts.

People don't always realize that they went nearly 2 decades without performing it .... from the end of August 1976 until August 10th,1994.

Then it was rotated in and out during '94/'95 but only done once in 1997 and not at all in '98 or '99.

It really entered the consistent rotation in 2002.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: August 2, 2022 01:35

PaintMonkeyManBlack
franzk

Yes we do!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 2, 2022 07:32

Winning Ugly VXII
PaintMonkeyManBlack

I am in the same boat there. 2 x "Wild Horses" out of 15 concerts.

People don't always realize that they went nearly 2 decades without performing it .... from the end of August 1976 until August 10th,1994.

Then it was rotated in and out during '94/'95 but only done once in 1997 and not at all in '98 or '99.

It really entered the consistent rotation in 2002.

I don’t think it’s been all that consistent in its rotation. I’ve only gotten it once myself in 13 shows. Same for Ruby Tuesday.

I do agree with many that their set list choices upon returning to cities does leave something to be desired at times. They easily could have changed up things but I also noticed that post-COVID the songs seemed to be more slower in nature. Perhaps allowing for Mick’s not being 100% still IDK - pure speculation there.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: August 2, 2022 10:25

If you listen to Heart of stone from the Live Licks tour of 2002 you come to think that they could have easily played this again (and it is a slow ballad).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-02 10:26 by saltoftheearth.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 2, 2022 11:47

Winning Ugly VXII
MadMax
Doxa
Winning Ugly VXII

- Doxa

I know what you're saying but,they should factor in a song performed one time in a country in front of 1,900 people 19 + years prior (part of basically a theatre concert) versus a song performed in front of 37,000 people only 8 years and a month prior.

Anyway "Heartbreaker" was just a general example. Substitute whatever other song that they have rehearsed and rotate in from time to time but .... HAS NOT been performed there.

They also could have looked back and noticed that "Beast of Burden" or whatever would have been a better idea than "Angie" for this particular show.

Yeah I agree 100%. I clearly remember Chuck saying (in the FF docu?) that he keeps sheets of what they played before in a particular city. They've done Ain't Too Proud To Beg twice as well, but no Beast, in Sweden since 1982. I suppose Mick has more input and just decides of what to sing regardless of what went before. Still, Angie and OOC are two helluva songs!smileys with beer

Posted by: MadMat ()
Date: August 2, 2022 12:17

OoC I have had several times, Ruby Tuesday would be nice. Let's see what tomorrow brings ;-)

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 2, 2022 13:33

I have had lstnt so many times, hope for 19thnb tomorrow. Never got that live.

Dream Setlist
Posted by: ElectricBoogaloo ()
Date: October 18, 2022 16:44

I was bored the other day and came up with a dream set list of mine. It is 30 songs, so more than they would play, but I was doing it just for fun. What is everyone's dream setlists?

Route 66
Under My Thumb
Carol
Stray Cat Blues
Dear Doctor
Monkey Man
Gimme Shelter
Midnight Rambler
Sway
100 Years Ago
Winter
Sister Morphine
Loving Cup
Hand of Fate
Bitch
Slave
When The Whip Comes Down
It Must Be Hell
Pretty Beat Up
One Hit (to the body)
Doom and Gloom
Don't Stop
I Don't Know Why
Crazy Mama
All Down The Line
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
It's Only Rock n Roll
You Got The Silver
Tumbling Dice

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-18 16:50 by ElectricBoogaloo.

Re: Dream Setlist
Date: October 18, 2022 16:47

30 songs, and a quiet acoustic Keith-tune next to last. Yep, it's a dream setlist smiling smiley

Cool setlist, though. Would have loved to see Pretty Beat Up thumbs up

Re: Dream Setlist
Posted by: ElectricBoogaloo ()
Date: October 18, 2022 17:02

DandelionPowderman
30 songs, and a quiet acoustic Keith-tune next to last. Yep, it's a dream setlist smiling smiley

Cool setlist, though. Would have loved to see Pretty Beat Up thumbs up

Thank you! I could have easily done 50 winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...122123124125126127128129130131132...LastNext
Current Page: 127 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home