Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126...LastNext
Current Page: 121 of 142
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 23, 2022 02:26

RaiseTheKnife
Interesting merge, so basically any discussion about how they play a certain song live belongs in the setlist thread?

Yeah. A few of mine have been merged here. Seems like the category is too big of a catch-all and things get lost here. I asked about Jimmy Page possibly playing Scarlet live with The Stones and it ended up here. That said, bv runs this place and I’m glad he does. I’m sure it’s a thankless job and I sure don’t want to do it.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 23, 2022 09:14

I wish they’d mix up the post-Keith set a bit. It’s a little boring after the past 10 years! Having said that, wish I was there!!!

Rod

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 23, 2022 15:02

bitusa2012
I wish they’d mix up the post-Keith set a bit. It’s a little boring after the past 10 years! Having said that, wish I was there!!!

Agreed. Always Miss You, and a VERY stale MY at that. Definitely time for a change, and Under My Thumb would work fine there. Or better yet, Mother's Little Helper!!! Imagine Keef's set ends, and out comes Mick strutting and saying, What a Drag it is.......... The crowd would go CRAZY!!!!

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: June 23, 2022 23:58

I know this topic has been done to death, but.......at the Anfield gig i would say Miss You was my least favourite.

I know its a casual fan favourite, but it is too long now, too far departed from the original, and seems to get that little bit poorer as the years go by. I got a vibe even the casual fans were getting a bit bored with it towards the end of the song.....

As has been said before, the length possibly suits Keef as he can chill for a bit off stage and re-charge.

They've not played it well since 78 tour imo. Even 71/82 wasn't quite right but it still had a bit of an edge and was guitar based with BW getting the bass just right.

It now feels like an 80s 12" (remember them) extended mix pop song now. It needs to be a lot shorter, more guitar based, less keyboards, get a bit of the late 70s disco/punk/new wave feel, and get back to it's roots !!

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 24, 2022 01:21

There is a danger of songs getting boring. One poster at the Milan gig said Thumbling Dice was boring. Some people are hinting that Gimme Shelter has become boring. The band ought to hear when it`s time for a change. No song is irreplaceable, as some believe, among them Jagger himself. Rotation and change is the thing. Just the phrase "rockandroll runout" makes me jawn.

Set list thoughts.
Posted by: stonesR1 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 13:48

How about this for a set list? Would never happen but can always dream. What changes would you make?

Little red rooster
No expectations
Emotional rescue
Shattered
Fingerprint File
Crazy Mama
Just my imagination
Parachute Woman
Worried about you
Moonlight Mile
Sweet black angel
Slave
Happy
Country Honk
Winter
Fool to Cry
Under my Thumb
Can’t ya hear me knocking
Shine a light
Some Girls
Live with me
Gimme Shelter (w Lisa Fisher)

Re: Set list thoughts.
Date: June 24, 2022 13:52

Posted by: stonesR1 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 13:54

Thank you

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 24, 2022 13:58

I don`t think they will play as many as 21 songs. I miss more songs from the comback era, the songs with a hit potential. -Besides, more songs from the mid-sixties.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: June 24, 2022 15:14

stonesR1
How about this for a set list? Would never happen but can always dream. What changes would you make?

Little red rooster
No expectations
Emotional rescue
Shattered
Fingerprint File
Crazy Mama
Just my imagination
Parachute Woman
Worried about you
Moonlight Mile
Sweet black angel
Slave
Happy
Country Honk
Winter
Fool to Cry
Under my Thumb
Shine a light
Some Girls
Live with me

It's great to dream but if they dropped Brown Sugar because of the lyrical content, they would never do Sweet Black Angel

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 24, 2022 16:19

stonesR1

Little red rooster
No expectations
Emotional rescue
Shattered
Fingerprint File
Crazy Mama
Just my imagination
Parachute Woman
Worried about you
Moonlight Mile
Sweet black angel
Slave
Happy
Country Honk
Winter
Fool to Cry
Under my Thumb
Shine a light
Some Girls
Live with me

Snoozefest opening...

Nah, wouldn't work, although there are a few nice selections.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 24, 2022 16:20

Incredible! At Milano the other day 4 first timers in a 19 song setlist - must be a personal record:

Ghost Town
Dead Flowers
Out of Time
19th nervous breakdown!

C

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 16:54

stonesR1

Little red rooster
No expectations
Emotional rescue
Shattered
Fingerprint File
Crazy Mama
Just my imagination
Parachute Woman
Worried about you
Moonlight Mile
Sweet black angel
Slave
Happy
Country Honk
Winter
Fool to Cry
Under my Thumb
Shine a light
Some Girls
Live with me

Here's my set list. Tried to make it semi-realistic in terms of what they have already played in the past. Split it into eras as well.

Intro : Take The A Train.....

1. Shattered
2. She Was Hot
3. One Hit
4. She's So Cold

5. If You Cant Rock Me
6. Fingerprint File
7. Heartbreaker
8. Memory Motel

9. Around & Around
10. Little Red Rooster
11. Mona
12. Down The Road Apiece

13. Sweet Virginia
14. No Expectations
15. Cant You Hear Me Knocking
16. Monkey Man

17. 19th Nervous Breakdown
18. Out of Time
19. Under My Thumb **
20. Lets Spend The Night Together **

Outro : ....2120 South Michigan Avenue

** : Still Life version

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 25, 2022 04:09

SIXTY has proven that they're on cruise control regarding the set lists - it's just NO FILTER 4.

The recent article about backstage skeletons painting etc and making the set list decision within an hour before the show just reveals the same ol' tired garbage - the set list isn't determined an hour before the show.

What a load.

SIXTY will finish barely different than how it started song wise. 93% hits revue, 7% other.

If the continue to tour post-2022 it will just be more of the same. The inventiveness left years ago.

please play some more songs of black and blue
Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: July 3, 2022 23:59

why not play more songs of so great album.
mick for amsterdam fool to cry will be great.
the cd el mocambo is great. to promote the album

Re: please play some more songs of black and blue
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 4, 2022 00:02

And this thread will get moved into the setlist discussion thread in 3...2...1....

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 4, 2022 01:45

melody and crazy mama for me

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:35

Anything instead of Ghost Town or You Got Me Rocking...

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:14

I was thinking about the warhorses. How many there REALLY are. Which songs they should play for the average viewer so he/she won’t feel disappointed. I came up with four:

-Satisfaction
-Honky Tonk Women
-Jumpin’ Jack Flash
-Start Me Up

The others are replaceable. I would’ve included Brown Sugar, but even that’s been out of the game and everybody seems to be ok with it.

Date: July 4, 2022 10:28

padre69
I was thinking about the warhorses. How many there REALLY are. Which songs they should play for the average viewer so he/she won’t feel disappointed. I came up with four:

-Satisfaction
-Honky Tonk Women
-Jumpin’ Jack Flash
-Start Me Up

The others are replaceable. I would’ve included Brown Sugar, but even that’s been out of the game and everybody seems to be ok with it.
That's ridiculous. It's far more. Paint it black is by far their most known song today. It's their most streamed song, 200.000.000 ahead of Satisfaction. Gimme Shelter and Sympathy for the devil are on 4 and 5 of their Spotify ranking. GS is super known from the Scorsese movies. Miss You was a huge hit and is one that still gets played on pop radio regulary. So there you got the whole second half.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:29

I'd add Tumbling Dice to the above list of necessary warhorses.

On another note, saddened they got rid of Ghost Town. I know some don't like it, but it was their one and only link to being contemporary vs. a purely oldies but goodies nostalgia band.
When the newest original tune they play is the lame You Got Me Rocking from 1994, something doesn't smell right...in fact it stinks....
Then to think that there are only two tunes that Ronnie was involved with in the studio - Start Me Up and Miss You....wtf...

Date: July 4, 2022 10:31

Hairball

On another note, saddened they got rid of Ghost Town. I know some don't like it, but it was their one and only link to being contemporary vs. a purely oldies but goodies nostalgia band.
When the newest original tune they play is the lame You Got Me Rocking from 1994, something doesn't smell right...in fact it stinks....
Then to think that there are only two tunes that Ronnie was involved with in the studio - Start Me Up and Miss You....wtf...
Don't worry, it'll be back in Amsterdam! They just thought about mixing things up since it was their second show at the same venue.

Date: July 4, 2022 10:35

StonedRambler
Hairball

Don't worry, it'll be back in Amsterdam! They just thought about mixing things up since it was their second show at the same venue.

They played it at both L.A. shows last October where there were a lot of setlist changes between the two shows, so hard to understand why they would neglect it at Hyde Park II considering it's their only new song.
It will be sad, sad, sad if they don't bring it back in Amsterdam....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 10:52 by Hairball.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:43

I don’t think the average viewer would miss TD. But yes, Miss You could be included. The crowd likes to sing along.
They don’t do Paint It Black in every show and everybody’s still happy.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:43

What I liked about HP2 that I had clearly no idea what song would be next,at least in the first half of the show.

Miss You and Paint it Black got the loudest cheers/ welcome from the crowd.

Date: July 4, 2022 10:45

padre69
I don’t think the average viewer would miss TD. But yes, Miss You could be included. The crowd likes to sing along.

Pretty sure they've played Paint it Black at every show since the US mini-tour in 2019, and maybe even before that, but I could be wrong.
And almost positive they've played Tumbling Dice at every show for decades now...seems that way anyways...."keep on rolling"....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 10:47 by Hairball.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:07

I have been at HP2 in 2013.

From Song No 9 on they played the exactly same songs yesterday. (the running order was a bit mixed up)

And worst: Yesterday they played YGMR AND LARS - Why do they do so? eye rolling smiley

Date: July 4, 2022 11:13

padre69
They didn't play Paint It Black in 2014 and 2015. I had friends that are more casual fans going to shows and being disappointed they didn't play it.
From 2017 on they did it in every show. And since streaming became the main source for music listening and on Spotify PIB is their number one they HAVE to do it now,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 11:14 by StonedRambler.

Date: July 4, 2022 11:15

deardoctor
I have been at HP2 in 2013.

From Song No 9 on they played the exactly same songs yesterday. (the running order was a bit mixed up)

And worst: Yesterday they played YGMR AND LARS - Why do they do so? eye rolling smiley
The biggest part of the set has been the same since 1989. So that was to expect.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 4, 2022 15:15

It's a pity they don't trow any obscure song in de setlist I'm A kingbee or something like that

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126...LastNext
Current Page: 121 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home