Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...114115116117118119120121122123124...LastNext
Current Page: 119 of 142
Re: SIXTY European Tour 2022 - Setlist Expectations
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 12, 2022 07:38

schillid
Look for them to play "I Wanna Be Your Man" in Liverpool only.

YES!
I PREDICTED IT

Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 12, 2022 10:06

hockenheim95
MonkeyMan2000
So it seems there are 3-4 rotating songs per night. One is the song in the 3rd spot:
Sad Sad Sad
Rocks Off
Get Off of My Cloud

Another is the song vote/special song
Beast of Burden
Ruby Tuesday
I Wanna Be Your Man

And then there's the two Keith songs that change: Slipping Away, Happy, Connection and You Got The Silver and I guess Before They Make Me Run and maybe Little T&A (also because of the Winos-connection) will join the club later on.

All in all not bad, especially because we get Out of Time, 19th Nervous Breakdown and Living in a Ghost Town every night.
My only wish left would be alternating the opener, because SFM gets a different energy whether it's played at the start or during the home run.

SFM was only part of the home run in 2017 in the last years. In 2018-2021 it was played either as an opener or it was left Out. When they did JJF as an opener in 2018/2019 this left some room for another rotating song. I think we might get some changes at one of the Hyde Park shows with SFM, OOT or 19th left out and replaced by something different. Hopefully Mothers Little Helper

I was thinking the same thing. Similar to how LA 1 and LA 2 varied in 2021.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 12, 2022 11:15

BeastyBurdeny
hockenheim95
MonkeyMan2000
So it seems there are 3-4 rotating songs per night. One is the song in the 3rd spot:
Sad Sad Sad
Rocks Off
Get Off of My Cloud

Another is the song vote/special song
Beast of Burden
Ruby Tuesday
I Wanna Be Your Man

And then there's the two Keith songs that change: Slipping Away, Happy, Connection and You Got The Silver and I guess Before They Make Me Run and maybe Little T&A (also because of the Winos-connection) will join the club later on.

All in all not bad, especially because we get Out of Time, 19th Nervous Breakdown and Living in a Ghost Town every night.
My only wish left would be alternating the opener, because SFM gets a different energy whether it's played at the start or during the home run.

SFM was only part of the home run in 2017 in the last years. In 2018-2021 it was played either as an opener or it was left Out. When they did JJF as an opener in 2018/2019 this left some room for another rotating song. I think we might get some changes at one of the Hyde Park shows with SFM, OOT or 19th left out and replaced by something different. Hopefully Mothers Little Helper

I was thinking the same thing. Similar to how LA 1 and LA 2 varied in 2021.

I think it's less likely to have JJF or SMU as an opener now that Brown Sugar has been retired . I personally would like to see Satisfaction open the show again

sc uk

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 12, 2022 17:59

I just wish they’d change it up a bit AFTER Keith’s set. That’s been pretty much the same for years.

Rod

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 12, 2022 18:22

Agreed, it would be nice if they had another rotating spot where you would not know if they played PIB, Iorr or GOOMC...

But in the other hand, the stream of hits with which they bring it home is very pleasant to the audience.

When I played with bands we often had some sort of homerun to finish the show, 4 or 5 songs the were fun to play, we could play very good and pleased the audience. That always felt very comfortable and we could get in a flow. So I can understand why the last third of a Stones show is fix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-12 21:01 by Papo.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 12, 2022 19:36

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-12 20:49 by Stoneage.

Please play mother's little helper in Amsterdam!!!!
Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: June 13, 2022 00:59

I hope the stones will play "Mother's little helper" in Amsterdam...after all they rehearsed it in A'dam

Re: Please play mother's little helper in Amsterdam!!!!
Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: June 13, 2022 01:01

It seems they played it before live in Honolulu in 1966

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 13, 2022 01:31

Were they really playing it live or was it the studio version blasting out the PA?

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 13, 2022 01:32

YES!!!smiling bouncing smiley I'd absolutely love to hear MLH - it sounded great in the Instagram rehearsal video uploaded by a fan thumbs up

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: June 13, 2022 04:51

Could we get a petition going? God I’d love to hear it! It’s my RollingStones causation song! I.E. that got me into them!!! And I have loved it ever since 1977! I used to have a warped copy of Aftermath, that someone had left in the Sun, and the only tracks that could be played were Mother’s Little Helper, and Stupid Girl! And I used to look at the cover, of Aftermath, and think god they really are the coolest band out!

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 13, 2022 06:43

Please don’t. It’s a corny semi novelty tune. It’s in the I’m Henry The Eighth category.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: June 13, 2022 07:11

Cooltoplady
Please don’t. It’s a corny semi novelty tune. It’s in the I’m Henry The Eighth category.

I was watching an old Ed Sullivan episode and about 10 seconds after I read this post Herman's Hermits came on and performed Henry the Eighth.

Date: June 13, 2022 07:56

Dan
Were they really playing it live or was it the studio version blasting out the PA?

Interesting question - have they been known to play their old recordings over the venue's PA while rehearsing onstage?

Here is the video of MLH uploaded May 28 (you may need to be an Instagram member to view/hear it) [www.instagram.com]

It's live - not the studio version. Mick counts it in. Also, the camera pans up briefly and you can catch a glimpse of him on the big screen rehearsing. Got goosebumps listening to it again!!! I can imagine the audience singing along w/ "Doctor please, some more of these...."

Date: June 13, 2022 08:02

They will!

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: June 13, 2022 08:11

Do you seriously think Mick Jagger will sing ‘what a drag it is getting old’ in public??

I’ll eat my hat if it happens…

Date: June 13, 2022 08:33

bakersfield
Do you seriously think Mick Jagger will sing ‘what a drag it is getting old’ in public??

Seeing MLH and someone eating a hat would really be the best day of my life

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 13, 2022 08:43

Plink
Dan

Interesting question - have they been known to play their old recordings over the venue's PA while rehearsing onstage?

Here is the video of MLH uploaded May 28 (you may need to be an Instagram member to view/hear it) [www.instagram.com]

It's live - not the studio version. Mick counts it in. Also, the camera pans up briefly and you can catch a glimpse of him on the big screen rehearsing. Got goosebumps listening to it again!!! I can imagine the audience singing along w/ "Doctor please, some more of these...."

Nah it's the studio version. They just sing/play a little to the backingtrack, to see if it's possible to do it. They sometime do that. I don't have much hope for MLH, if this is the only proof of them "rehearsing" it, ass it's nearly playback here.

Date: June 13, 2022 08:55

bakersfield

IMO, YES!!! He's redefining what it means to be "old"- he's mind-bogglingly fit and energetic, does what he loves and is rewarded very handsomely for it, has a close-knit family (including an adorable 5 year old - at 79!!!) and a beautiful, decades-younger ballet dancer/choregrapher partner. Being Mick Jagger in 2022 must be anything but a drag I think that's EXACTLY why he'd sing those words - to thumb his nose at them! It would be a very Stonesy move spinning smiley sticking its tongue out So...would you like fries with your hat?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2022 09:03

Its about old chicks tryin ta get thru another day ....

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 09:18 by Rockman.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: June 13, 2022 09:14

I also hope they will play "Mother's Litle Helper" in Amsterdam.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 13, 2022 17:10

josepi
Cooltoplady

I was watching an old Ed Sullivan episode and about 10 seconds after I read this post Herman's Hermits came on and performed Henry the Eighth.

That’s crazy!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 19:15

bitusa2012
I just wish they’d change it up a bit AFTER Keith’s set. That’s been pretty much the same for years.

+1

And not to mention that Miss You is stall as hell these days!!! One of the shows I'd attended they did Under My Thumb after, and that has a similar opening. They could easily swap out MY. I don't even like the studio version much anymore BECAUSE of how damn boring the live version is. To me, it's long overdue for a rest. Last #1 be damned.

Date: June 13, 2022 19:18

I do wish they'd break out more rare/obscure songs, and vary the setlists more. I remember when I first went to see them in '97. I had been a fan since I first heard Mixed Emotions (another I'd like to see them break out!!!!) at the age of 13 in '89. All I knew by '97 was SW, Flashpoint, IORR, The London Years, and BTB. Half of that show I didn't know, and STILL it left a lasting impression on me and knocked the Beatles from the Top spot of my favorite artists and permanently planted the Boys on top. It also caused me to go SEEK OUT the rest of the albums to find the songs I'd just heard live. I know people just don't buy music like that anymore, but man, what a way to grow up. Today's youth just doesn't get the same facets and experiences that we enjoyed. If they did, the Boys would enjoy some extra record sales or downloads at the very least, but even then it's not as lucrative as the shows. I get it. Just wish it was different sometimes.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:47

You're right you must be a little older than me but my discovery journey also began before Youtube not to even mention effin Spotify. You had to go and buy CDs which meant you had to make decisions. Kids today don't do that and don't get it either

Date: June 13, 2022 22:38

I'm 46. Yes, those decisions are what led me to buy Sticky Fingers next, as it had several of the songs on it that I'd heard during that first show...

Date: June 13, 2022 22:43

There's some plan to that. I couldn't even make much of song titles in the beginning but Forty Licks had just come out and that helped me a lot with getting a grip on the whole thing and leaning english, too.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:46

Nikkei
There's some plan to that. I couldn't even make much of song titles in the beginning but Forty Licks had just come out and that helped me a lot with getting a grip on the whole thing and leaning english, too.

I wonder how many other people on this board learned English via the Rolling Stones?

Date: June 13, 2022 22:59

treaclefingers
Nikkei

I wonder how many other people on this board learned English via the Rolling Stones?

Well maybe it's not all Stones but it's got to have been a motivating factor. What they certainly help you with is cool phrases and pronouncing better.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:04

Nikkei
What they certainly help you with is cool phrases and pronouncing better.

Noh iff ya a TOTA 1975 faaan licke-a y'am

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...114115116117118119120121122123124...LastNext
Current Page: 119 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home