Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 141
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 7, 2022 17:15

richie26188
I wanna be your man for Thursday? Makes sense in Liverpool given the songs origins.

thumbs up

Posted by: EggersBand ()
Date: June 7, 2022 17:28

Yes indeed

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: June 7, 2022 18:31

Anyone seen the Liverpool song vote yet ????

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 7, 2022 18:39

I'm curious to see how MLH is going to fit into the tour (if at all). It really should be played every night.

"Child of the Moon" live...why not?!
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 8, 2022 10:01

So simple...so wonderful song!!
[youtu.be]

Re: "Child of the Moon" live...why not?!
Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 8, 2022 10:49

Great song indeed. But 'just' a b-side.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 8, 2022 12:30

As great as the studio recording may be I do not think that it would work live.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 8, 2022 13:37

Matt Clifford and Chuck would do all the heavy parts replicating Hopkins and Brian’sparts.Not much for Wood to do .

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 8, 2022 16:49

For me, it's one of their best.

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: June 8, 2022 17:42

Love the song, but maybe WE LOVE YOU will work better live?

Re: Jimmy Page joins Stones for Scarlet live?
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 8, 2022 23:57

NashvilleBlues
Any possibility of this? Without rehearsals, probably next to impossible. Just hoping...

Page playing Scarlet with The Stones live? Maybe this year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-08 23:59 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 9, 2022 00:06

NashvilleBlues
NashvilleBlues
Any possibility of this? Without rehearsals, probably next to impossible. Just hoping...

That would be a great opportunity for Page to later give a two page interview on why it didn't came to be

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 9, 2022 04:03

NashvilleBlues
NashvilleBlues

Hell.. also get War On Drugs to join in.. a few versions of it in one show. smileys with beer

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 9, 2022 04:08

Ferry across the Mersey or Walk on.........spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 9, 2022 07:28

Do we know if I Wanna Be Your Man was rehearsed?? Would be a huge surprise for the Liverpool gig and I don’t believe the song vote has posted yet. They should have put more thought into the songs for this particular tour. Shaken up the stale greatest hits and branched out more into some others!!!!

Come On
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 8, 2022 14:00

Their first single, from 1963. Could they pull it off? Is Keef able to move his fingers fast enough?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-08 14:01 by noughties.

Re: Come On
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 8, 2022 14:04

Yes and yes.

Besides, you certainly do not need a Paco de Lucia to play Come On ...

C

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 8, 2022 14:50

Not a huge fan of the Stones version for this one. Much better w/ Chuck:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 8, 2022 15:05

It's short,fast and catchy.....They could pull it off easy.... Wondering last time played? 1964? 1965?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 8, 2022 15:16

mikey C
It's short,fast and catchy.....They could pull it off easy.... Wondering last time played? 1964? 1965?

According to setlist-fm, it was last performed in 1966, having been performed quite sparingly during 1964 and '65. It was only during 1963 that it was a regular in the set-list. They busked a few bars of it on stage in 2013, I seem to remember. That barely qualifies as a rendition, of course.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 8, 2022 17:56

This would be a remarkable addition to the setlists, as I said elsewhere, and really should have been considered, given the 60th!!!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 8, 2022 18:30

"During the 6 June 2013 concert in Toronto, Canada, as part of the 50 & Counting Tour, Mick Jagger sang a few bars (with Charlie Watts drumming the beat) after mentioning the single being released exactly 50 years ago, the day after that night.[3] It was the first time the song was heard in any capacity during a Rolling Stones concert since 1965.[1]"
[en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 8, 2022 18:45

VoodooLounge13
This would be a remarkable addition to the setlists, as I said elsewhere, and really should have been considered, given the 60th!!!

Agree! For nostalgic reasons only though. I still don't like the Stones version much, they should play it more like CB.

I'd prefer something like King Bee, or Little By Little!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 8, 2022 19:04

Where are we going? huhuhuhuhuhhuhaaaaaaaaaaahaahaha

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 8, 2022 19:34

Come On is one of the songs I'd want them the least to do on any tour, no matter which decade. Others would be My Girl, Grown Up Wrong, Gotta Get Away and so on. Even studio versions of these, I'd rather not listen to

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 11, 2022 12:59

Nowadays the play MR with "Come on in my Kitchen" by Robert Johnson in the middle (a little part of it). Why not complete? Led Zeppelin e.g. played a complete medley of songs during "Whole Lotta Love".

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 13:32

The setlist of this tour is not bad so far. After throwing out BS and IORR they have space for some rare songs.
OOT, Rocks Off, I Wanna Be Your Man, 19thNB, Sad Sad Sad, Ruby Tuesday, Beast Of Burdon, Living In A Ghost Town. After three shows. I was at the Munich show and I'm happy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-12 21:38 by micha063.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 13:44

So it seems there are 3-4 rotating songs per night. One is the song in the 3rd spot:
Sad Sad Sad
Rocks Off
Get Off of My Cloud

Another is the song vote/special song
Beast of Burden
Ruby Tuesday
I Wanna Be Your Man

And then there's the two Keith songs that change: Slipping Away, Happy, Connection and You Got The Silver and I guess Before They Make Me Run and maybe Little T&A (also because of the Winos-connection) will join the club later on.

All in all not bad, especially because we get Out of Time, 19th Nervous Breakdown and Living in a Ghost Town every night.
My only wish left would be alternating the opener, because SFM gets a different energy whether it's played at the start or during the home run.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 14:32

MonkeyMan2000
So it seems there are 3-4 rotating songs per night. One is the song in the 3rd spot:
Sad Sad Sad
Rocks Off
Get Off of My Cloud

Another is the song vote/special song
Beast of Burden
Ruby Tuesday
I Wanna Be Your Man

And then there's the two Keith songs that change: Slipping Away, Happy, Connection and You Got The Silver and I guess Before They Make Me Run and maybe Little T&A (also because of the Winos-connection) will join the club later on.

All in all not bad, especially because we get Out of Time, 19th Nervous Breakdown and Living in a Ghost Town every night.
My only wish left would be alternating the opener, because SFM gets a different energy whether it's played at the start or during the home run.

SFM was only part of the home run in 2017 in the last years. In 2018-2021 it was played either as an opener or it was left Out. When they did JJF as an opener in 2018/2019 this left some room for another rotating song. I think we might get some changes at one of the Hyde Park shows with SFM, OOT or 19th left out and replaced by something different. Hopefully Mothers Little Helper

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 11, 2022 15:23

hockenheim95
I think we might get some changes at one of the Hyde Park shows with SFM, OOT or 19th left out and replaced by something different. Hopefully Mothers Little Helper
Oh I do hope not.
I love SFM as an opener, OOT is one of my all-time favourites and I've never heard 19th live. Not fussed about MLH.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 141

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1902
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home