Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 142
Re: KEEP 'Miss You' out of the set!!!
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 4, 2022 18:29

If I could play the bass like Darryl I'd play it differently

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 4, 2022 19:32

Why would they ever take it out of the warhorse rotation? It's one of their biggest smash records. Women love it. I loved it, when Bill played it. It adds variety to their sound on stage. Compared to the calcified numbers they play, it actually sounds newer. (Although Miss You is 44-years-old!)

I can't believe they wasted stage time with Sad, Sad, Sad in Madrid. So many great catalogue numbers to draw from, and they pick that clunker.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 4, 2022 19:41

It's more easy to jam during 10 minutes with Miss You than play 3 other songs on the same time frame and the same for other warhorses, 8-10 minutes of endless jams.

On a 2 hours+ concert they can play 25 songs very easy, 4 minutes each song and that's it, but it's more easy to play a 10 minutes version of Satisfaction than play 3 other songs on the same time.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 4, 2022 19:57

MISS YOU is: "OUT of Time" Please drop it! But it's a song for some rest during the show. Boring, boring and boring song.I can miss it 1000 %

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 4, 2022 20:18

Personally I enjoy "Miss You", but if it ever were to be dropped from the setlist, I would suggest "Emotional Rescue" as the near-perfect replacement. It's hardly ever been played live (so one can't say they are becoming bored with it), yet it carries that very similar Stonesey-disco vibe that may otherwise be lost from the show.

I also wonder if the band would ever consider rotating "Mixed Emotions" with "Sad Sad Sad". I enjoy both tracks, as both are similar up-tempo rockers from the same album, but the former was the actual single, so why not try playing that one instead every so often?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-04 20:26 by sf37.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 4, 2022 20:39

sf37
Personally I enjoy "Miss You", but if it ever were to be dropped from the setlist, I would suggest "Emotional Rescue" as the near-perfect replacement. It's hardly ever been played live (so one can't say they are becoming bored with it), yet it carries that very similar Stonesey-disco vibe that may otherwise be lost from the show.

I also wonder if the band would ever consider rotating "Mixed Emotions" with "Sad Sad Sad". I enjoy both tracks, as both are similar up-tempo rockers from the same album, but the former was the actual single, so why not try playing that one instead every so often?

I agree with all of this. Outstanding ideas! I love Emotional Rescue and I’d like to hear Mixed Emotions, too.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: June 4, 2022 20:45

NashvilleBlues
sf37

I agree with all of this. Outstanding ideas! I love Emotional Rescue and I’d like to hear Mixed Emotions, too.

Please don't. Emotional Rescue sucks ass. Mixed Emotions though would be great.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 4, 2022 21:07

PatrickS77
NashvilleBlues
sf37

I can't remember which interview it was, but I remember Jagger saying that it was difficult singing Mixed Emotions live in concert

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 4, 2022 21:13

I0RR Tell Me - The fan club for I like to bitch about anything and everything I hate about The Stones. I wish one day I would open this site and find some positivity.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 4, 2022 21:19

Erik_Snow
PatrickS77
NashvilleBlues
sf37

I can't remember which interview it was, but I remember Jagger saying that it was difficult singing Mixed Emotions live in concert

I once read somewhere Jagger said "Hand of Fate" was too difficult to sing because it had too many words.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 4, 2022 21:23

More Hot Rocks
I0RR Tell Me - The fan club for I like to bitch about anything and everything I hate about The Stones. I wish one day I would open this site and find some positivity.

You're about 30 years late for that idea.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 4, 2022 22:11

More Hot Rocks

I guess you are one of them guys who never read the papers or watch the news because "it's all just cruelty and negativity which frightens me"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 4, 2022 22:12

More Hot Rocks

You've gotta be kidding. Most of it is straight-up fist pumping here, which is great, but I like the differing points of view as it makes it interesting.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 4, 2022 23:02

Doxa
keefriffhards
I have never watched or listened to Miss You, ( Ok played it a few times when i bought Some Girls ) toilet brake if I'm at the Shows, skip that track of its on a CD or Album, literary can't stand any of it but happy for you guys that love it.

Mick will never drop it from the setlist so not much point in starting a campaign, that's my pennies worth, now I'll get the haters telling me why it's so important to be played at every show forever.

Just my opinion guys, it's just one track.

Funny you call "haters" those who actually like the song or who doesn't agree with your opinion.

Besides, I don't think the idea of starting a"campaign" for the band not doing something is the smartest idea. What's next: a campaign for the band to stop doing concerts (although reading some comments here that seems to be the hidden agenda)?

Anyway, just one track, as you say. So let's if we get a bashing thread for each war horse here. A good start with "Start Me Up" and "Miss You".

- Doxa

And there you go winking smiley

Read my post, i said there is no point in anyone starting a campaign, i'm happy for you to love Miss You, but obviously its not Ok with you for me to not like it, you kind of proved my point, me not liking Miss You is not a personal attack on anyone, i just don't like the song, i don't like disco, is that ok.

Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 4, 2022 23:03

You have to admit people bitch here about the smallest things. Most of it is unjustified.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 4, 2022 23:13

Miss You is a standout tune both in the studio and live, though I'd like it much more without the dreadfully bloated showcase solo from Darryl.
Yes he's a great bass player, but it's a bit cringeworthy and seems out of place at a Stones show. Did Bill ever play such a solo? No. Case closed.

Date: June 4, 2022 23:16

Was looking into the 2002/2003 stadiums setlist. Current ones way better. Look at his one..

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 4, 2022 23:24

Miss You has a completely different groove to all other songs in the set and is very dancable, too. I always enjoy it at the show,, as do most of the crowd.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 4, 2022 23:26

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Was looking into the 2002/2003 stadiums setlist. Current ones way better. Look at his one..

[iorr.org]

What stands out to me first and foremost is the current show has no B-stage set, and no Brown Sugar.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 4, 2022 23:32

All Down The Line open a show with All Down The Line no campaigning just All Down The Line

Posted by: keith75 ()
Date: June 4, 2022 23:33

Hairball
PaintMonkeyManBlack

[iorr.org]

What stands out to me first and foremost is the current show has no B-stage set, and no Brown Sugar.
And not ITS ONLY ROCK AND ROLL

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 4, 2022 23:49

Nikkei
All Down The Line open a show with All Down The Line no campaigning just All Down The Line

Amen to that Brother smoking smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 4, 2022 23:58

Will they play Angie?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 5, 2022 00:36

I probably give up that they will ever perform We Love You....and why not one song from 60 years ago....I'm A King Bee will fit in the set list

Re: KEEP out of time in the set!!!
Posted by: Screamer ()
Date: June 5, 2022 12:03

I agree completely, Out of Time is such an excellent addition to the set list!! It reminded me of how much of an awesome 60s pop hit that song is. Stones delivered so many of them in that mid-60s period. With an intriguing and playful intro, it explodes into a powerful chorus that is perfect for stadium sing-alongs. I will be so happy if we get to hear it in Munich, but hearing Mother's Little Helper would also be satisfying. Let's wait and see. smoking smiley

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 5, 2022 16:36

PaintMonkeyManBlack

[iorr.org]

If we take a random 2002 stadium setlist I still like it better than the current ones. No Miss You or Paint It Black and a nice b-stage set.

Turner Field 2002:

1. Brown Sugar
2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
3. Start Me Up
4. Don't Stop
5. Tumbling Dice
6. Monkey Man
7. Angie
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
10. I Can't Turn You Loose
11. Slipping Away
12. Happy
13. Sympathy For The Devil
14. When the Whip Comes Down (B-stage)
15. Little Red Rooster (B-stage)
16. You Got Me Rocking (B-stage)
17. Gimme Shelter
18. Honkey Tonk Women
19. Street Fighting Man
20. Jumping Jack Flash
21. Midnight Rambler (encore)
22. Satisfaction (encore)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 5, 2022 16:40

TheBlockbuster
PaintMonkeyManBlack

[iorr.org]

If we take a random 2002 stadium setlist I still like it better than the current ones. No Miss You or Paint It Black and a nice b-stage set.

Turner Field 2002:

1. Brown Sugar
2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
3. Start Me Up
4. Don't Stop
5. Tumbling Dice
6. Monkey Man
7. Angie
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
10. I Can't Turn You Loose
11. Slipping Away
12. Happy
13. Sympathy For The Devil
14. When the Whip Comes Down (B-stage)
15. Little Red Rooster (B-stage)
16. You Got Me Rocking (B-stage)
17. Gimme Shelter
18. Honkey Tonk Women
19. Street Fighting Man
20. Jumping Jack Flash
21. Midnight Rambler (encore)
22. Satisfaction (encore)

Well the first four cuts especially number 4, are hardly inspirational or innovative.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 5, 2022 17:31

What is the point discussing at all? The setlist is the same as the last time. Interesting till about song number eight and from then on the usual suspects. Nothing is going to change that. Nothing.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 5, 2022 17:40

Stoneage
What is the point discussing at all? The setlist is the same as the last time. Interesting till about song number eight and from then on the usual suspects. Nothing is going to change that. Nothing.

Mass fantasy therapy.................Of which I'm guilty too..........confused smiley

Street fighting man
19th nervous breakdown
Mother's little helper
Out of time
Child of the moon
Time waits for no one
Rocks off
All down the line
Shattered
keith
keith
Out of control
All the rage
Dance little sister
I go wild
Honky tonk women
Heartbreaker
Gimme shelter
Midnight rambler
Satisfaction
Jumping Jack flash

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: June 5, 2022 17:42

Stoneage
The setlists are great - for the first 8 songs of the show. From then on (9-19) it is the usual suspects, and they are the same for every show.
That pattern is not going to change so it is no use even discussing here on the forum.

Stoneage

Okay thanks for letting me know.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home