Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...104105106107108109110111112113114...LastNext
Current Page: 109 of 142
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 3, 2022 03:37

Opening - Mother's Little Helpersmileys with beer

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 3, 2022 03:50

Would love to see Jagger reunite with Keith on Happy

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 3, 2022 03:57

I miss Start Me Up as an opener. Think it starts the show on the best foot, second to "Street Fighting Man."

As for the set, it's definitely time to dust off "Dance Little Sister" and "One Hit To The Body"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 3, 2022 04:22

I for one would love an attempt at HYSYMBSITS.

I think it would be a bit of a roll of the die though.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 4, 2022 06:15

mariano
Opening - Mother's Little Helpersmileys with beer

thumbs up If you believe it, it shall be..

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 6, 2022 02:31

If you're willing to make a bit of an ass of yourself you may try jinxing off a boring standard setlist. What you do is loudly call for IORR after they finished JJF for example. If it works you might get Let's spend the Night together or something

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 6, 2022 02:46

Soon no one need to worry pseudo-issues like the Rolling Stones set lists. They don't tour much any longer, they might even die, and then none of you really need to worry if your evening is spoiled by them playing "Miss You" instead of "Gomper" and "Connection". Very soon you all can continue all of your lives happily without The Rolling Stones making your life miserable.

But of course, let's bitch as far is possible.

- Doxa

Date: May 6, 2022 02:55

But I hope that when this is all over, and if this site still exists (not likely), you guys come back and tell us how awful it was to hear all those satisfactions, jumpingjackflashes, missyous and gimmeshelters. And how happy you and everyone else is now for not needing to hear those ever again by that band.

Prepair yourselves. We are getting there. It's pretty close.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-06 02:57 by Doxa.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 6, 2022 03:21

Doom and Gloom....

Since Ghost Town is probably the only relatively "new" tune they'll play (and hopefully it remains in the setlist), they should bring back Doom and Gloom, and maybe even One More Shot.
Both obviously pale in comparison to their greatest warhorses, but at least there will be something a bit more contemporary than all the oldies that make up their sets - Ghost Town being the sole exception.
Better yet, bring back some of the blues covers from B&L. None are original, but the album is only half a decade old, and those tunes were great live - far superior to the studio versions.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 6, 2022 05:09

Doxa
But I hope that when this is all over, and if this site still exists (not likely), you guys come back and tell us how awful it was to hear all those satisfactions, jumpingjackflashes, missyous and gimmeshelters. And how happy you and everyone else is now for not needing to hear those ever again by that band.

Prepair yourselves. We are getting there. It's pretty close.

- Doxa

and then billions of years from now the sun will expand consuming the earth

then billions upon billions of years from then all the stars in the universe will one by one blink out collapsing into black holes

then trillions of years after that those black holes will burn out

but still in that terrifyingly incomprehensibly massive expanse of cold darkness someone will still be complaining about the rolling stones playing miss you

and that someone will be me

and i still think they should replace it with too much bloodgrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-06 05:20 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: May 6, 2022 05:19

Hairball
Doom and Gloom....

Since Ghost Town is probably the only relatively "new" tune they'll play (and hopefully it remains in the setlist), they should bring back Doom and Gloom, and maybe even One More Shot.
Both obviously pale in comparison to their greatest warhorses, but at least there will be something a bit more contemporary than all the oldies that make up their sets - Ghost Town being the sole exception.
Better yet, bring back some of the blues covers from B&L. None are original, but the album is only half a decade old, and those tunes were great live - far superior to the studio versions.

ghost town
doom and gloom
one more shot
just your fool
ride em on down
hate to see you go

plus troubles a comin' and one more of 3 or 4 alternating bonus songs from the deluxe albums

and watching the river flow from boogie 4 stu

at every show and i for one would be pretty satisfied

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-06 05:21 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 6, 2022 07:24

Of all the deluxe reissue extra albums/previously unreleased tracks, they've only played one - Trouble's A Comin'.

They've had plenty of opportunity to play (acknowledge) the bonus tracks... Plundered My Soul being a great example - nothing.

Doesn't that seem kind of odd?

Date: May 6, 2022 07:45

GasLightStreet
Of all the deluxe reissue extra albums/previously unreleased tracks, they've only played one - Trouble's A Comin'.

They've had plenty of opportunity to play (acknowledge) the bonus tracks... Plundered My Soul being a great example - nothing.

Doesn't that seem kind of odd?

extremely

any thoughts on why?

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: May 6, 2022 08:53

Plundered My Soul is a real favorite of mine, gives me really an Exile-feel, but I don't think it will work in a stadium. The lyrics, the guitars really need serious listening.The feel will be blown away in a large stadium, I guess.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 6, 2022 12:00

ok so I try to provide a lighthearted suggestion about our own setlist attitudes go to sleep and when I wake up I have no specific answer but a barrage of posts about how we all can bitch and whine when the day comes when they don't exist anymore. Uplifting can't come soon enough I guess

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: May 6, 2022 12:26

They definitely should play Fast Talking, Slow Walking! smiling smiley

And as an opener Start me Up! There could be some rusty song too, like Let it Loose...
Let's see...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 11, 2022 16:50

All the rage would be fantastic in place of Brown sugar............imo of course....

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 11, 2022 21:02

Put Dice as the finishing song (9th or 10th) before the intros and mix up the song choice before it with a soul tune like ATPTB/Imagination/Trouble's a Coming or every second show a country tune like SV/FA or perhaps DF.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: May 12, 2022 18:06

Just play the warhorses! Lets stop talking about freshening things up, rejuvenating the set list, and breathing new life into the band. Play the warhorses, just the warhorses, and only the warhorses.

In fact why not have a fixed set-list? The same 20 numbers at every concert. In the same order always. Nothing to argue about. Nothing to hope for. No uncertainty. No disappointments...

Date: May 12, 2022 18:08

Just play the warhorses! Lets stop talking about freshening things up, rejuvenating the set list, and breathing new life into the band. Plat the warhorses, just the warhorses, and only the warhorses.

In fact why not have a fixed set-list? The same 20 numbers at every concert. In the same order always. Nothing to argue about. Nothing to hope for. No uncertainty. No disappointments...

Posted by: Andithurts ()
Date: May 12, 2022 20:59

We Love You - opening or closing.

Date: May 17, 2022 16:56

Nikkei
ok so I try to provide a lighthearted suggestion about our own setlist attitudes go to sleep and when I wake up I have no specific answer but a barrage of posts about how we all can bitch and whine when the day comes when they don't exist anymore. Uplifting can't come soon enough I guess

I love your lighthearted suggestions.Genuinely! Then I always did have a sense of humour. Lets face it, at my age, anything that does not result in failing health is worth a laugh.

I have come out the wrong end of a few lighthearted suggestions of my own regarding The Stones setlists and other topics both here and elsewhere. I guess, being optimistic, it implies a lingering passion for what the band represents. But sadly I do think that passion, and widespread enthusiasm for the band, is on the wane. Unsurprising I suppose given the realities of modern life.

One thing I DO hope is that the band jumps before they are pushed. That they call it a day before diminishing ticket sales and the ravages of time make it all look just a little bit sad and tawdry. After a lifetime of delight and pleasure, with some inevitable mis-steps along the way, they deserve to go out on a high...

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 17, 2022 21:27

Do we reckon the Hyde Park setlist will be shorter than the non-festival shows?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 17, 2022 21:57

BeastyBurdeny

We all know that they hovered around 17-20 songs per show during the last 7 years or more. I predicted (who cares, right?) that they'll never play more than a 19 song setlist again.

Although they haven't played more than 20 songs per show for years, I'm unaware of them playing fewer than 17.

Anyone? When is the last time they played fewer than 17 songs during a show?

Date: May 17, 2022 22:57

NashvilleBlues
BeastyBurdeny

We all know that they hovered around 17-20 songs per show during the last 7 years or more. I predicted (who cares, right?) that they'll never play more than a 19 song setlist again.

Although they haven't played more than 20 songs per show for years, I'm unaware of them playing fewer than 17.

Anyone? When is the last time they played fewer than 17 songs during a show?

Probably we should go all the way to Mick Taylor years to see such short set lists (not to mention Brian Jones years). Those fans seeing the band back then must have been disappointed. Being fooled with such a torso set and not having much song variance either within a tour. About the same damn short set every night (sometimes twice). It must've been horrible to be a Stones fan back then. Or how little they knew how lucky we will be these days. So many songs and even some variance from show to show. Did they even know how to complain, huh?

winking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-17 23:00 by Doxa.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 17, 2022 22:57

NashvilleBlues
When is the last time they played fewer than 17 songs during a show?

If not counting warm-up club shows or private shows, I would say Isle of Wight 2007. 15 songs.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 17, 2022 23:11

erikjjf
NashvilleBlues
When is the last time they played fewer than 17 songs during a show?

If not counting warm-up club shows or private shows, I would say Isle of Wight 2007. 15 songs.

Thank you for your research.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 19, 2022 10:38

I never really paid that much attention to the song, but it suddenly just hit me that "Something Happened to Me Yesterday" would be great fun, especially when Keith does the choruses.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 20, 2022 01:54

Considering all the extra (bonus) tracks released with deluxe reissues, they've only played how many? And not the obvious ones like Plundered, Spare Parts, Scarlet, Criss Cross, maybe Fiji Jim and It's A Lie.

They've played Trouble's A Comin'.

That's it, right?

Meanwhile their latest new single got a tour slot.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: May 20, 2022 05:47

Stones played 15 shows in 2021 (not counting Charlie Tribute - not a tour show).

Stones played 41 different songs, 13 of them 14 times, and Street fighter got played 13 times. Factor in Keith's 2, and that's damn near 16 songs are a lock each night. 11 songs were played once, and 6 more played only twice.

Stadium show people pay the big $$ to hear the Warhorse, Classics, and the songs that changed generations that we freaks take for granted. And for the songs we are cool with, we want them played like Taylor in Rotterdam 73 or Charlie at Pac Bell I in 2002 (Gimme Shelter!!) and Brian & Keith heading for the hills at the Olympia 1965 (Hey Crawdaddy). The Stones know that most of us will come anyway, because we have to see them for "last time".

So, there's probably next-to-no chance we'll get another Trouble's A-Comin' in 2022. We won't get the Plundered My Soul, Criss Cross Mind, or, my all-time favorite bonus track, evah - Fiji Jim (which should have been on Emotional Rescue as the lead single off the LP, but who cares!).

Still, as we are every year this time when the band is gearing up to put on the greatest rock and roll show ever, we are filled with the hope of 6 year olds on Christmas Eve. That is always a good thing.

And for all y'all going to see the band this Summer, may your joy be that of Snoopy dancing on Schroder's piano!

Let It Rock!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...104105106107108109110111112113114...LastNext
Current Page: 109 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home