Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 141
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 27, 2022 18:59

G Hennessy
It seems crazy, and quite unnecessary, to ask for any of the warhorses, such as both of those you mention.

Nothing crazy about that. It only reveals who the average social media visitor is. Jagger is not going to read those comments. It is just the usual PR - this time through social media. Which is appealing for Jagger since it is very cheap and effortless PR. The average social media visitor only knows 2-3 Stones songs.

Re: SIXTY European Tour 2022 - Setlist Expectations
Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 27, 2022 20:02

Doxa

Haha. It is also bit rhetorical question: like the first post pointed out, if Mick would be democratic and count the votes, he would reply something like, 'well, we already are playing the songs you guys want, thanks for confirming our current setlist'... The problem with us hardcore fans with our acquired taste is that the latter varies so much... Our favourite 'obscurities' vary so much to make a strong case for any individual cut... Perhaps Mick should ask which song we don't like to hear, we might find more consensus...

- Doxa

Agreed.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 27, 2022 20:49

This year, the Stones will play in Madrid, and I am not going, I live in Barcelona and I don't see the point going there for yet another Stones concert (no offence, I am sure they'll do a good job). However, I might change my mind if their setlist would be:

- Mona (I Need You Baby)
- Don't Know Why
- Keep It Cool
- Eliza Upchink
- Citadel
- I Am Waiting
- Tie You Up (Pain Of Love)
- Slave
- Ventilator Blues
- Long Long While
- Soul Survivor
- Feel On Baby
- Flight 505
- Just Wanna See His Face
- Criss Cross
- Stop Breaking Down
- No Expectations
- When The Whip Comes Down
- One Hit (they'd have to practice this one)
- Nadine
- Who's Driving Your Plane

Mick, if you read this: think about it.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 27, 2022 20:58

matxil
This year, the Stones will play in Madrid, and I am not going, I live in Barcelona and I don't see the point going there for yet another Stones concert (no offence, I am sure they'll do a good job). However, I might change my mind if their setlist would be:

- Mona (I Need You Baby)
- Don't Know Why
- Keep It Cool
- Eliza Upchink
- Citadel
- I Am Waiting
- Slave
- Ventilator Blues
- Long Long While
- Soul Survivor
- Feel On Baby
- Flight 505
- Criss Cross
- Stop Breaking Down
- No Expectations
- Nadine

If I was Mick, I'd do exactly that setlist to punish those who didn't come to the show… winking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 27, 2022 21:03

matxil

- Mona (I Need You Baby)
- Don't Know Why
- Keep It Cool
- Eliza Upchink
- Citadel
- I Am Waiting
- Slave
- Ventilator Blues
- Long Long While
- Soul Survivor
- Feel On Baby
- Flight 505
- Criss Cross
- Stop Breaking Down
- No Expectations
- Nadine

Well, he definitely won't do Ventilator Blues. I heard him say before that he thinks it's boring..........winking smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 27, 2022 21:17

I just wanna try and build a new, fresh looking setlist which would probably work in a stadium even for regular fans.

Kicking off with all down the line played as fast as last fall would work for sure. The following songs will also be crowd favorites which just didn't get played that frequently over the last 10 years. Then a few lesser known songs, Saint of Me was always a great sing along song in Europe 1998/1999. Followed by the new song and then some songs that everyone attending the concert has heard for sure. Some changes in Keiths set. Starting off the second half with beast of burden would get big audience response. From then on only hits with the exception of when the whip comes down which sounded pretty good in stadiums and arenas during 2002/3 and 1981/2.
Out of Control as the first song of the encore, building up slowly until a loud and fast ending of the concert with satisfaction (of course).

Easy to reduce the setlist to 19 songs removing two songs of the first half. Thought about that in advance as the stones did with their 22 song set in Hamburg which had a longer first half.

1. All Down The Line
2. Live With Me
3. Monkey Man
4. Start Me Up
5. Heartbreaker
6. Saint Of Me
7. Living In A Ghost Town
8. Paint It Black
9. Gimme Shelter
10. Memory Motel
11. It's Only Rock'n'Roll
12. Little T&A (Keith)
13. Thru And Thru (Keith)
14. Beast Of Burden
15. You Can't Always Get What You Want
16. When The Whip Comes Down
17. Miss You
18. Sympathy For The Devil
19. Jumping Jack Flash
20. Out Of Control (Encore)
21. Satisfaction (Encore)

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: March 28, 2022 01:00

Memory motel and I will be in heaven.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 28, 2022 01:23

You may as well write your wish lists to Santa Claus. Tourist fans, and social media consumers are the winners here. They always have their way in the end. The warhorses will be played. No matter what.
The ideal Stones fan is a tourist wishing Satisfaction to be played on Instagram.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 28, 2022 02:06

I have thought for a long, long while that One Hit would make a remarkable opener....

One Hit
Too Tight
Hang Fire
Going to a Go-Go (for Charlie)
Hand Of Fate
Almost Hear You Sigh
Criss Cross
Baby Break It Down
Losing My Touch
Thru & Thru
Driving Too Fast

B-Stage
Try A Little Harder
Tell Me
Sitting On A Fence

Silver Train (with Mick T)
Winter (with Mick T)
Jump On Top Of Me
Paint It, Black
Let Me Go
Don't Wanna Go Home

Encore
JJF (with Bill)
Satisfaction (with Bill)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-28 02:11 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 28, 2022 05:01

This - "Perhaps Mick should ask which song we don't like to hear, we might find more consensus..."
From Doxa

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 28, 2022 05:11

VoodooLounge13
I have thought for a long, long while that One Hit would make a remarkable opener....

One Hit
Too Tight
Hang Fire
Hand Of Fate
Almost Hear You Sigh
Criss Cross
Baby Break It Down
Losing My Touch
Thru & Thru
Driving Too Fast

B-Stage
Try A Little Harder
Tell Me
Sitting On A Fence

Winter (with Mick T)
Jump On Top Of Me
Paint It, Black
Let Me Go
Don't Wanna Go Home

Encore
JJF (with Bill)
Satisfaction (with Bill)

Your setlist started quite promising with ADTL to Criss Cross, but the following four plus the ballad-heavy B-stage set (in itself not bad at all) is proof enough for Mick that fans should keep their hands away from stadium show setlists... The show would loose steam quite early on and there's a good chance that it would not recover before the encores.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 28, 2022 05:57

retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

One Hit
Too Tight
Hang Fire
Hand Of Fate
Almost Hear You Sigh
Criss Cross
Baby Break It Down
Losing My Touch
Thru & Thru
Driving Too Fast

B-Stage
Try A Little Harder
Tell Me
Sitting On A Fence

Winter (with Mick T)
Jump On Top Of Me
Paint It, Black
Let Me Go
Don't Wanna Go Home

Encore
JJF (with Bill)
Satisfaction (with Bill)

Your setlist started quite promising with ADTL to Criss Cross, but the following four plus the ballad-heavy B-stage set (in itself not bad at all) is proof enough for Mick that fans should keep their hands away from stadium show setlists... The show would loose steam quite early on and there's a good chance that it would not recover before the encores.

ok how bout my take on voodoo's set

one hit
go-go
driving too fast
hand of fate
try a little harder
sitting on a fence
paint it black (with bill)

(b-stage with mick taylor)
almost hear you sigh
winter
silver train

(back to main stage)
jump on top on top of me
band intro
losing my touch
thru & thru
criss cross
tell me (with bill)
baby break it down
too tight
hang fire
let me go
don't wanna go home

(encore with bill & taylor)
satisfaction
jjf

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 28, 2022 07:10

They should keep LIAGT in the set list. It's as new as it is recent in their timeline. It could be current again.

Great tune.

It's one thing to shun hanging out with a girl that's flipped her knob, it's another to shun a recent song from a band that's fantastic.

Date: March 28, 2022 07:20

I was on the fence with LIAGT as I doubt there’ll be another single by then but a lot of the world seems to have returned to normal and while I loved it live and it works great in the stadium, I opted to omit it for other choices.

There are tons of other 60’s gems I could have gone with. OOT is one I love too. MLH which never gets played. And most likely still won’t because of the drug references. But after 60 years they should pay homage to the whole career redo the whole damn set list scrap a ton of beaten warhorses and celebrate the legacy as much as the music. If not more.

I had Loving Cup in the set list but realized the list was getting too long. Interesting to see Tie You Up listed by others as I’d thought of that one briefly too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-28 14:10 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: March 28, 2022 07:39

tie you up i would welcome

and too much blood indstead of miss you

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 28, 2022 07:43

ProfessorWolf
tie you up i would welcome

and too much blood indstead of miss you

OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 28, 2022 14:12

Miss You has been played to death and it’s spot never moves. Always after Keef’s set or part of the B stage. It’s predictable as hell. Chuck, as musical director, has grown too complacent.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: March 28, 2022 14:22

Please open with "Time is on my side" .....That is my only request

Date: March 28, 2022 15:06

OK I admit I was selfishly trying to cram in as many songs as I've not heard live as I could, for shows I'm not even going to LOL The setlist has evolved a lot over the years as I've gotten some songs, and there are a ton of slower, 60's gems I'd love to hear. Hell, if they played an intimate venue and only played 60's cuts - like pre-68, that would be awesome!!! Here's another attempt. I omitted the B-Stage, since that's been gone for awhile now and the new stage design doesn't seem to have one either.

One Hit
Too Tight
Hang Fire
Almost Hear You Sigh
Hand Of Fate
Winter (with Mick T)
Loving Cup
Try A Little Harder
Thru & Thru
Can't Be Seen
Tie You Up
Criss Cross
Jump On Top Of Me
Don't Wanna Go Home
Let Me Go
Driving Too Fast
Satisfaction (with Bill)

Encore
Paint It, Black (with Bill & Mick T)
JJF (with Bill & Mick T)

Date: March 28, 2022 15:19

When I look back at the setlist for the first time I saw them in Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA back in '97, at the time the only albums I had in my possession were Steel Wheels, The London Years, Flashpoint, IORR, Voodoo, and the just released B2B.......Much of the setlist I'd never heard before and because of that concert, I went and SOUGHT OUT the missing music!!!

Satisfaction
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Let's Spend The Night Together
Flip The Switch
Gimme Shelter
Sister Morphine
Anybody Seen My Baby
19th Nervous Breakdown
Out Of Control
Star Star (@#$%&)
Miss You
-- Introductions --
All About You (Keith)
I Wanna Hold You (Keith)
Little Queenie (center stage)
Crazy Mama (center stage)
The Last Time (center stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Tumbling Dice
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar (encore)

Date: March 28, 2022 15:22

VoodooLounge13
OK I admit I was selfishly trying to cram in as many songs as I've not heard live as I could, for shows I'm not even going to LOL The setlist has evolved a lot over the years as I've gotten some songs, and there are a ton of slower, 60's gems I'd love to hear. Hell, if they played an intimate venue and only played 60's cuts - like pre-68, that would be awesome!!! Here's another attempt. I omitted the B-Stage, since that's been gone for awhile now and the new stage design doesn't seem to have one either.

One Hit
Too Tight
Hang Fire
Almost Hear You Sigh
Hand Of Fate
Winter (with Mick T)
Loving Cup
Try A Little Harder
Thru & Thru
Can't Be Seen
Tie You Up
Criss Cross
Jump On Top Of Me
Don't Wanna Go Home
Let Me Go
Driving Too Fast
Satisfaction (with Bill)

Encore
JJF (with Bill & Mick T)

that's pretty much what i would like but i'd have too much blood after can't be seen, midnight rambler with taylor and bill after that and sfm instead of jjf

Date: March 28, 2022 15:33

ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13

One Hit
Too Tight
Hang Fire
Almost Hear You Sigh
Hand Of Fate
Winter (with Mick T)
Loving Cup
Try A Little Harder
Thru & Thru
Can't Be Seen
Tie You Up
Criss Cross
Jump On Top Of Me
Don't Wanna Go Home
Let Me Go
Driving Too Fast
Satisfaction (with Bill)

Encore
JJF (with Bill & Mick T)

that's pretty much what i would like but i'd have too much blood after can't be seen, midnight rambler with taylor and bill after that and sfm instead of jjf

drinking smileysmileys with beer>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 29, 2022 12:29

I would like them to do Trouble's A Coming again, it's a great song and goes hand in hand with Mick's "carpenter joke" from last autumn,... "We've only just begun"...sad smiley

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 29, 2022 13:18

Stoneage
G Hennessy
It seems crazy, and quite unnecessary, to ask for any of the warhorses, such as both of those you mention.

Nothing crazy about that. It only reveals who the average social media visitor is. Jagger is not going to read those comments. It is just the usual PR - this time through social media. Which is appealing for Jagger since it is very cheap and effortless PR. The average social media visitor only knows 2-3 Stones songs.

Yup! I'm probably the crazy one for even bothering to say what I said. You are 100% correct in your statement. The average social media user will only know 2-3 songs. Maybe a handful of users might stretch to five - Satisfaction, JJF, Start Me Up, Brown Sugar and HTW. But that would be it.

I recall going to Twickenham in 2006 (I think) and overhearing animated conversations on the train ride about what the vast majority of fans hoped to hear. The tracks that featured throughout were the five I listed above. I chatted with a family beside me and suggested SFM might feature. None of them had ever even heard it. 'I don't think we know that one...'

Date: March 29, 2022 13:33

GerardHennessy
Stoneage
G Hennessy

Yup! I'm probably the crazy one for even bothering to say what I said. You are 100% correct in your statement. The average social media user will only know 2-3 songs. Maybe a handful of users might stretch to five - Satisfaction, JJF, Start Me Up, Brown Sugar and HTW. But that would be it.

I recall going to Twickenham in 2006 (I think) and overhearing animated conversations on the train ride about what the vast majority of fans hoped to hear. The tracks that featured throughout were the five I listed above. I chatted with a family beside me and suggested SFM might feature. None of them had ever even heard it. 'I don't think we know that one...'

On the way to the tube on the two previous London-shows I attended, people were singing IORR and MY, both times. So it's safe to add those to the list smiling smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 29, 2022 16:11

DandelionPowderman
GerardHennessy
Stoneage
G Hennessy

On the way to the tube on the two previous London-shows I attended, people were singing IORR and MY, both times. So it's safe to add those to the list smiling smiley

You can add Paint It Black Dandy, it always seems that people who haven't got any clue love that one.

Despite the tour is called SIXTY I hope they try to stay away from pre-68 material unless they opt to open up with Satisfaction a la B2B (where it gets a more sleazy and crawling King Snake-like treatment as on the record, ie slower) and Backstreet Girl/MLH/WLY/LSTNT/Connection and some others and some cool Jimmy Reed or Slim Harpo. A 80's heavy setlist with Too Much Blood, Worried ABout You and maybe some DW stuff thrown in would be welcome!smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-29 16:11 by MadMax.

Date: March 29, 2022 20:33

I just hope they play a few songs they have left behind recently.

If you can rock me

I go Wild.... it was a good jam in 1994/5

Saint of Me

Memory Motel - No Dave Matthews please

oh, and Brown Sugar

I do think Worried About You will make it to one of the shows this year as it did not make it in the 2021 shows.

Date: March 29, 2022 23:50

MadMax
DandelionPowderman
GerardHennessy
Stoneage
G Hennessy

You can add Paint It Black Dandy, it always seems that people who haven't got any clue love that one.

Despite the tour is called SIXTY I hope they try to stay away from pre-68 material unless they opt to open up with Satisfaction a la B2B (where it gets a more sleazy and crawling King Snake-like treatment as on the record, ie slower) and Backstreet Girl/MLH/WLY/LSTNT/Connection and some others and some cool Jimmy Reed or Slim Harpo. A 80's heavy setlist with Too Much Blood, Worried ABout You and maybe some DW stuff thrown in would be welcome!smileys with beer

True! Wouldn't mind that's 60s list of yours to be included in the setlist - not at all smileys with beer

Posted by: Jimmer ()
Date: March 30, 2022 07:06

Pre-Intro: 2120 South Michigan Avenue
1. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby (Standing in the Shadow)
2. Miss Amanda Jones/ Flight 505/ Summer Romance (Rotate concert to concert)
3. Let It Rock/ Bye Bye Johnnie (Rotate)
4. Rocks Off / Some Girls (Rotate)
5. One Hit/ Dancing with Mr. D/ Highwire/ She Was Hot/ Rough Justice (Rotate)
6. Paint it Black
7. Out of Time/ Ruby Tuesday/ New Faces/ Moon Is Up (Rotate)
8. Memory Motel/ Worried About You/ Drift Away (Rotate)
9. Dead Flowers
10. Saint of Me/ Out of Control (Rotate)
11. You Don’t Have to Mean it (Keith)
12. This Place Is Empty/ Slipping Away (Keith)
13. Can’t You Hear Me Knockin’/ Midnight Rambler (Rotate)
14. Fancy Man Blues/ Keep up Blues/ Who’s Driving Your Plane/ Fannie Mae (Rotate)
15. (Medley) 19th Nervous Breakdown/ Mother’s Little Helper/ Under My Thumb
16. Honky Tonk Women
17. Like a Rolling Stone/ Tallahassee Lassie (Rotate)
18. Tumbling Dice
19. Start Me Up
20. Brown Sugar
21. Jumping Jack Flash (Encore)
22. Street Fighting Man (Encore)

Posted by: Jimmer ()
Date: March 30, 2022 07:41

I added a couple more rotations for slot #3.

Pre-Intro: 2120 South Michigan Avenue
1. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby (Standing in the Shadow)
2. Miss Amanda Jones/ Flight 505/ Summer Romance (Rotate concert to concert)
3. Let It Rock/ Bye Bye Johnnie/ Around and Around/ Route 66 (Rotate)
4. Rocks Off / Some Girls (Rotate)
5. One Hit/ Dancing with Mr. D/ Highwire/ She Was Hot/ Rough Justice (Rotate)
6. Paint it Black
7. Out of Time/ Ruby Tuesday/ New Faces/ Moon Is Up (Rotate)
8. Memory Motel/ Worried About You/ Drift Away (Rotate)
9. Dead Flowers
10. Saint of Me/ Out of Control (Rotate)
11. You Don’t Have to Mean it (Keith)
12. This Place Is Empty/ Slipping Away (Keith)
13. Can’t You Hear Me Knockin’/ Midnight Rambler (Rotate)
14. Fancy Man Blues/ Keep up Blues/ Who’s Driving Your Plane/ Fannie Mae (Rotate)
15. (Medley) 19th Nervous Breakdown/ Mother’s Little Helper/ Under My Thumb
16. Honky Tonk Women
17. Like a Rolling Stone/ Tallahassee Lassie (Rotate)
18. Tumbling Dice
19. Start Me Up
20. Brown Sugar
21. Jumping Jack Flash (Encore)
22. Street Fighting Man (Encore)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 141

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home