Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 142
Re: SIXTY European Tour 2022 - Setlist Expectations
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 22, 2022 14:35

falo01
not only a wish, but what I really think is realistic:
To have "No expectations".
yep, I think the same.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: March 22, 2022 15:01

Same old setlist of course. But that's why so many people still come to see them, I guess. If they would come up with a setlist full of rarities or uncommon songs, the majority of the crowd would go home disapointed because they didn't get to hear Satisfaction or Start me Up.

But anyway, personally I hope that they will skip Miss You and YGAGWYW this time. Those are the warhores I always skip when i'm listening to Some Girls or Let it Bleed. And I wait for those to take a leak or buy a beer at a Stones show.

I'd prefer a 50/50 warhorse/uncommon song setlist. But I fear it's 20 years too late for that. I'm affraid that they will forget the chords or words when there are too many songs on the setlist that are not burned into their memory...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 22, 2022 15:19

NashvilleBlues
Stonesfan2146
Well I do expect a longer set list, about 20-22 songs. Remember they started off the no filter tour with 22 in 2017.

I hope so, but I doubt they play 20 at any show this year. Looking at 17–19 songs.

They could start with 19 or 20 at most, but then end the mini-tour just as they did at the Hollywood FL show - a short setlist of only 17 w/ no surprises.
Seemed by the half way point of those last US shows, they gradually began to lose some steam, so only natural they would take the easy path towards the finish line

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 22, 2022 15:20

Memory Motel, Crazy Mama, Some Girls, When The Whip Comes Down, Love In Vain, No Expectations, Black Limousine, Hey Negrita, Lies, Respectable.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 22, 2022 15:24

OK I'll play but this is annoying MICK.....cause you ain't gonna do it!
Hand of Fate
Slave....for Christ's sake just do it already....

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: March 22, 2022 15:27

If I have to sit through Miss You again, I'll scream....god I hate it. I've heard it live 42 times. The only time they didn't play it was in 1975 because it hadn't been released yet (but I think if Mick could have he would have done it) lol

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: March 22, 2022 15:45

There are too many good songs, we didn't have a chance hearing at all or at rare occasion.
I would point here Let it loose, Coming down again, Memory Motel, Moonlight Mile, You win Again...

Do you guys think there is a chance for some special guests during this tour?

Posted by: steadyrollinman ()
Date: March 22, 2022 15:56

Oriongalaxy
There are too many good songs, we didn't have a chance hearing at all or at rare occasion.
I would point here Let it loose, Coming down again, Memory Motel, Moonlight Mile, You win Again...

The Foo Fighters will play London on June 30th and July 2nd, so maybe Dave Grohl will show up for Hyde Park #2.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 22, 2022 16:01

Carol
Route 66
I'm Free
Time is on my Side
Out of time
Jigsaw Puzzle
Salt of the Earth
Loving Cup
Shine A Light
100 years ago
Dance Little Sister
Hand Of Fate
Beast of Burden
Worried about you

Posted by: robv ()
Date: March 22, 2022 16:02

Down Home Girl.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 22, 2022 16:05

At the 2nd Hyde Park show in 2013 they did Emotional Rescue and Ruby Tuesday - both came as a nice surprise and fitted the occasion and mood of the event perfectly. I had secretly hoped for 2000 Light Years From Home, but didn't mind they they didn't do it.

I'd like them to keep Street Fighting Man as the opener, it works very well with the current line-up and hope that they keep 19 Nervous Breakdown in the set.

There are way too many songs in their catalogue that I like and loved to hear live this summer. Salt of The Earth would be nice and I think would work well at Hyde Park and everywhere else. Undercover of the Night maybe?

And please keep Ghost Town in the set!

But I'm fine with whatever they come up with. What suits them, suits me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-22 16:07 by Papo.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: March 22, 2022 16:20

Another note: I loved SFM as the opener in 2018 but the its outro was much more transcendental when it was played later in the set in 2017

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 22, 2022 17:34

Stonesfan2146
Well I do expect a longer set list, about 20-22 songs. Remember they started off the no filter tour with 22 in 2017.

When they were in their early 70s

Rod

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 22, 2022 18:53

MonkeyMan2000
Another note: I loved SFM as the opener in 2018 but the its outro was much more transcendental when it was played later in the set in 2017

Agreed. In Düsseldorf 2017, that extended portion of SFM was the highlight of the show. An unforgettable moment.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 22, 2022 20:17

NashvilleBlues
Stonesfan2146

I hope so, but I doubt they play 20 at any show this year. Looking at 17–19 songs.

Well they never played less than 18 songs in a stadium show before. 17 was because of the smaller crowd size. Even when Mick has problems with his voice Keith does 3 songs so they add up to 18.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 22, 2022 20:59

steadyrollinman
Oriongalaxy

The Foo Fighters will play London on June 30th and July 2nd, so maybe Dave Grohl will show up for Hyde Park #2.

I like some of Dave Grohls Foo Fighter tunes, but the last time he joined the Stones on stage he turned Bitch in to a nauseating slaughterhouse.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 22, 2022 21:11

Stonesfan2146
NashvilleBlues
Stonesfan2146

Well they never played less than 18 songs in a stadium show before. 17 was because of the smaller crowd size. Even when Mick has problems with his voice Keith does 3 songs so they add up to 18.

Fewer songs because the crowd size? Not saying it isn't true, but it doesn't seem to make sense.

When I saw them in 2015 (Nashville) and 2019 (DC) they played 20. In 2021 they played 19 (Nashville. Show 4 of the 2021 leg). They aren't getting any younger. And who's to say they won't add a smaller gig onto the end again? I stick by my prediction/semi-educated guess. I don't think they'll ever play 20 or more at a show again. Hope I'm wrong!

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 22, 2022 21:34

NashvilleBlues
Stonesfan2146
NashvilleBlues
Stonesfan2146

Fewer songs because the crowd size? Not saying it isn't true, but it doesn't seem to make sense.

When I saw them in 2015 (Nashville) and 2019 (DC) they played 20. In 2021 they played 19 (Nashville. Show 4 of the 2021 leg). They aren't getting any younger. And who's to say they won't add a smaller gig onto the end again? I stick by my prediction/semi-educated guess. I don't think they'll ever play 20 or more at a show again. Hope I'm wrong!

They could play 20 if they stopped making Miss You like 10 minutes long, nobody needs it at that extent...Ronnie and Keith probably need a little break, but they still seem bored af during it, I mean Keith started smoking weed again during it xD

Posted by: steadyrollinman ()
Date: March 22, 2022 21:57

If they go on with the 17-song setlist, it wouldn't be too much to ask for one or two rarities, one or two old blues songs, two Keith songs and one 2000 era song (not necessarily "Living in a Ghost Town" every night), with the rest of the set filled with hits.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 22, 2022 23:17

In 2005 they played ‘Sway’ after a long campaign on this forum, I remember. Maybe we should start a new discussion and songvote here.

@BV what do you think?

Date: March 22, 2022 23:21

RG
In 2005 they played ‘Sway’ after a long campaign on this forum, I remember. Maybe we should start a new discussion and songvote here.

@BV what do you think?

Did this actually happen because of the forum? :O

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 23, 2022 06:35

ronniewoody91
NashvilleBlues
Stonesfan2146
NashvilleBlues
Stonesfan2146

They could play 20 if they stopped making Miss You like 10 minutes long, nobody needs it at that extent...Ronnie and Keith probably need a little break, but they still seem bored af during it, I mean Keith started smoking weed again during it xD

Well, really, has Keith ever stopped smoking weed?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 23, 2022 06:36

EddieByword
ChrisL
EddieByword
All the rage
Too much blood
The pain of love

I was just thinking they should do Pretty Beat Up. It sounded great when Ronnie was doing it on his solo tour.

thumbs up ....I did start writing Pretty beat up but then thought, "They'll never do 3 off Undercover".............grinning smiley ........You're right, Ron did it proud.

They have done 3 off UNDERCOVER over the years.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 23, 2022 07:28

NashvilleBlues
Stonesfan2146
NashvilleBlues
Stonesfan2146

Yeah but they also played 19 songs on all shows in 2018 in Europe just after having started the year before with 22. Then in 2019 they had shows with 20 songs again. And they already played 18 songs at some shows in 2006 and 2007, and then wanted to do 25 in 2012 (failed because of time issues). The song count does not have anything to do with their age. You also gotta take into account that no matter how many songs they play, they always clock in their shows at around 2 hours, even for shows with 22+ songs. You can see that for example on the 2013 tour were they did 22 songs for most of the shows, they shorten the end parts of songs like brown sugar, gimme shelter, miss you and others.

However, if they choose to do 20+ songs in Madrid, there's a huge possiblity they will be at 19 by the end of the tour.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 23, 2022 09:29

ronniewoody91
RG

@BV what do you think?

Did this actually happen because of the forum? :O

Yes, kind of. I remember BV organized a poll and Sway did won the songvote. And the very next day they put the song in te setlist (for almost the entire Tour).

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 23, 2022 09:53

GasLightStreet
EddieByword
ChrisL
EddieByword
All the rage
Too much blood
The pain of love

I was just thinking they should do Pretty Beat Up. It sounded great when Ronnie was doing it on his solo tour.

thumbs up ....I did start writing Pretty beat up but then thought, "They'll never do 3 off Undercover".............grinning smiley ........You're right, Ron did it proud.

They have done 3 off UNDERCOVER over the years.

Well, I know that but on the same setlist?........Undercover, She was hot and Wanna hold you.......I can't remember that although I guess I could be wrong?

Date: March 23, 2022 09:56

GasLightStreet
ronniewoody91
NashvilleBlues
Stonesfan2146
NashvilleBlues
Stonesfan2146

Well, really, has Keith ever stopped smoking weed?

When he said he quit smoking a few years ago, for some reasom I assumed that included weed lol and was surprised to see him smoke last tour, then in that recent Spiegel interview he said he smokes more weed now that he stopped nicotine grinning smiley so after all, nothing new xD

Date: March 23, 2022 11:40

An attempt to be realistic, with a little wishful thinking thrown in...

Street Fighting Man
It's Only Rock'n'Roll
Tumbling Dice
Crazy Mama
Slave
Play With Fire
Let It Bleed
Waiting On A Friend
Living In A Ghost Town
Midnight Rambler
Honky Tonk Women
Band Intros
Before They Make Me Run
Coming Down Again
Miss You
Start Me Up
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Jumping Jack Flash
Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 23, 2022 12:42

Don't be silly on the expected setlists. The Stones will play what they've mainly played during the last tours.
We'll get the expectable war horses (80%) plus some gems that work in stadiums, e.g. Ruby Tuesday, Wild Horses, maybe plus one or two surprises.
About 95% of the concert audience are not hardcore fans as we are here, and they expect the greatest hits. The band knows that and will deliver.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 23, 2022 14:06

i'd like it if they opened with satisfaction and closed the show with a extended sfm

especially if by some miracle taylor joins them

and i think it would improve the performance of satisfaction to have it as the opener since keith will be presumably less worn out at the begining of a show as a opposed to the end his soloing on it would be better

which is often hit or miss on the song over the last couple tours

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1628
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home