Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 141
Re: Slave!!!
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 12, 2021 06:31

I'm going to say the Stones will be VERY conservative set list wise without Charlie. Even song votes will be Warhorses.

Re: Slave!!!
Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: August 12, 2021 08:10

The song has one verse.

Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: August 12, 2021 15:29

I seem to be the only one praying they won't play Ghost Town... Damn, that song is boring.

Date: August 12, 2021 15:59

I think that Mick and Keith will give us some of the not played very often warhorses and pull a few rarities out for us.

Maybe songs like if you can rock me, 19th nervous breakdown and a few others.

They know they have to do something a bit different to keep the crowds showing up.

Especially Keith. I think he'll give us Infamy or the The Worst or something he hasn't done in a while.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 12, 2021 16:19

georgemcdonnell314
I think that Mick and Keith will give us some of the not played very often warhorses and pull a few rarities out for us.

Maybe songs like if you can rock me, 19th nervous breakdown and a few others.

They know they have to do something a bit different to keep the crowds showing up.

Especially Keith. I think he'll give us Infamy or the The Worst or something he hasn't done in a while.

the best move to keep the crowds showing up is to kick out all songs that are NOT greatest hits.

(The Worst has been performed in 2018)

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 12, 2021 16:29

slewan
The Worst has been performed in 2018

Not in the US.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: August 12, 2021 21:15

If they (meaning Chuck and maybe Mick) really do look at set lists they played previously in these cities we might see a few changes. For the ballad, Beast Of Burden a big hit in the US has not been played here consistently since Voodoo Lounge. Ruby Tuesday even longer, Steel wheels and Waiting on a Friend for forty years.

I love All Down the Line at the right tempo which they play too slow now. Live with Me and Bitch can keep pace and are good rockers. Out of Control is still done well.

Hopefully Keith tries something new. How about Coming Down Again for his ballad?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 12, 2021 21:24

Setlists do not matter with a new band on stage. They will sound different anyhow. Even the warhorses.

Date: August 12, 2021 23:03

I would rather hear cuts from Blue & Lonesome over this song as well.

daniel t
I seem to be the only one praying they won't play Ghost Town... Damn, that song is boring.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 13, 2021 00:12

Only request is that they put aside Midnight Rambler until Charlie gets back.

Aside from that, sky's the limit on what they could add with Steve helping out. I'd love to see:

Love Is Strong
Flip The Switch
Crazy Mama
Fingerprint File
If You Can't Rock Me
Don't Stop
Where The Boys All Go
Hang Fire

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 13, 2021 00:32

ACDC added many lesser known songs when Brian Jones was replaced by Axl Rose and played a 22 song set instead of a 19 song set.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 13, 2021 00:49

Saint of Me!

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: August 13, 2021 01:12

Stoneage
Setlists do not matter with a new band on stage. They will sound different anyhow. Even the warhorses.

I full agree with this!

After going back and listening to Charlie’s drumming from A Bigger Bang tour and No Filter, there’s a huge difference in tempo.

I’m not sure if the difference is Charlie driven or Keith driven, but I suspect that physically, it’s extremely hard for Charlie, as evidenced by the 3-4 days between shows.

I suspect that Steve Jordan drumming will inject some new life into the songs, even as warhorses, I suspect the songs will sound more similar to tempos of A Bigger Bang or 40 Licks tours than say No Filter tour (2017-2019).

Posted by: Cubanstones ()
Date: August 14, 2021 18:58

Please play Slave!

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 14, 2021 21:44

Stonesfan2146
ACDC added many lesser known songs when Brian Jones was replaced by Axl Rose and played a 22 song set instead of a 19 song set.

This is a funny mistake!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Cubanstones ()
Date: August 18, 2021 05:56

They should do Ventilator Blues in honor of the virus

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 18, 2021 06:29

rockdoc8885
If they (meaning Chuck and maybe Mick) really do look at set lists they played previously in these cities we might see a few changes.

Not your statement but Chuck, or Mick, stating that is complete bunk. Because it's not the SET LIST, it's... one or two, maybe three, songs, that they...

HAVE they changed them? I've seen plenty of set lists that are duplicate of the previous show etc.

But for someone like, ohhhh, let's see, let me think an hour - got it - CHUCK, to state 'oh the last time we were here we played 2000 Light Years From Home so let's not do that again' is complete BULLSHIT, since it was played at every show in 1989/90.

What wasn't played in every show then? Just from memory... Play With Fire. Little Red Rooster. One Hit. I Just Want To Make Love To You. Almost Hear You Sigh. Terrifying. Now with a look... Dead Flowers. Angie. Probably some others. Only looked at 8 or so shows.

Basically songs 8 and 9 in the set. All the rest were concrete. Thank you music director, for finding what was played between songs 8 and 9 and making a difference.

They've been pretty consistent in that kind of different song placement in the set since; VOODOO tour within songs 9-10, BRIDGES song 8... blah blah blah. They've ALWAYS been that way, regardless of what song number the different tunes are, with the exception being the introduction of new songs staying in the set. The last time that happened was STEEL WHEELS/URBAN JUNGLE... to my understanding.

What will they do in 2021? HA HA. At this point, we know some of what to expect. But there may be some changes that are not normal. As in, maybe something from BETWEEN THE BUTTONS or AFTERMATH around song 8 or 9. Perhaps some kind of fast blues chuggy tunes, like Miss Amanda Jones, or something a bit more rolling, like What To Do.

Or! Strictly a HOT ROCKS/(REWIND/JUMP BACK) HONK set list.

It seems obvious they'll play Living In A Ghost Town. It would be criminal if they didn't. Great tune. But... they won't.

What they won't touch? Scarlet. Criss Cross. All The Rage. Or no other extras from reissues. They've proven that by not playing any of the EOMS or SG extras. Which is unfortunate in a way. Just the hits.

MAYBE an extra from the TATTOO YOU deluxe. Or better yet... Slave, Tops, Heaven or No Use In Crying. But Mick could just say, fresh from our recent reissue of TATOOH YEWWWWWW... Waitinnng... On A FRRRRRREND!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 18, 2021 14:13

I figure if anything they’ll add some TY songs to the mix like they did with SF a few years back. I’ve always realized that I’ve heard a fair share of there and would only love to hear Hang Fire or Waiting on a Friend. No Use in Crying would be great but I just don’t think Mick still has that falsetto. Honestly would love if they went the No Security route and dropped some warhorses. Looking back on the Licks tour those were some really eclectic set lists.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: August 18, 2021 15:16

Agree GLS. I was insinuating the only change “they” look at it is maybe one or two songs usually in the first third. The warhorse section used to change in order from tour to tour but we are on now year four of the No Filter tour, I guess the whole second half will be mostly the same as it has been.

I don’t think we’ll get anything other than what we have in the past except maybe one nugget a night. God forbid the fans in the first show or two don’t respond well.to that song. It will be out of the set so fast, ie Sad, Sad, Sad.

Curious to see if Ghost Town can play well in a stadium set. Maybe not. I’m even more curious to see if the song tempo is faster than previous tours with Steve Jordan on drums.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: August 18, 2021 20:27

I not expecting any significant changes to the set lists this time around. Same as ever. Steve Jordan being onboard will not make one iota of difference to WHAT is being performed although it may have an impact on HOW they are performed. In fact Steve being there is likely to keep act as a deterrent to trying anything different, given they will have to familiarise him with the usual warhorses, and work him into the band.

The likely release of the new Tattoo You anniversary set will change nothing either. When anniversary sets for Exile and Sticky Fingers came out they had little impact on setlists. Given the soaring age profile of the main players, they will, once again, play things very safe. All the usual warhorses will be trotted out tediously. Very occasionally we may get something slightly less overplayed, but absolutely nothing that remotely resembles a rarity. As ever, 80% of the audience are casual fans who get their Stones fix from mainstream rock radio stations. They have no interest in anything other than the biggest hits. If only The Stones could be more like Hawkwind, whom I saw three times in less than 18 months, back in 2018 and 2019. From a setlist of twenty numbers, only FOUR featured at all three concerts. There were massive changes each time. But then Hawkwind bring out a new album EVERY YEAR, pandemic or no pandemic.

I don't expect The Stones to replicate what Hawkwind do to anything like the same degree. But surely they could significantly change six or seven numbers regularly, and include a couple of genuine rarities each time too. That would allow them to hang on to around a dozen tracks of pure warhorse material for the once-every-tour fans. Those good people who think Keith joined The Stones in 1981. Sometime after he left Led Zeppelin!!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 18, 2021 20:40

Let's see which TATTOO YOU songs could be in the setlist.

Start Me Up - of course it will be, no brainer

Hang Fire - it would be nice to hear it again, but I don't think these politically embedded in the early 80s lyrics would work today, so probably not

Slave - maybe finally we could hear it live. Steve Jordan on drums would be perfect here - that could be played every night instead of Miss You or Midnight Rambler

Little T&A - maybe Keith will add it to his set at least every other show. I like it

Black Limousine - my guts tell me it would not work well today...

Neighbors - they did it in Ireland in 2018. Why not play it more often?

Worried About You - another song that should be played at least once during this tour

Tops - not likely

Heaven - no chance to hear it live at a stadium show

No Use in Crying - it would be a great surprise if they played it live, but I would not put my money on it

Waiting on a Friend - it should be played, maybe as a part of acoustic set if they keep it back from 2019

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: August 18, 2021 20:53

I think any new tunes to the lineup will come from Between The Buttons

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: August 19, 2021 15:44

snoopy2
I think any new tunes to the lineup will come from Between The Buttons

If only...!!! Sadly that is about as likely as me getting to play with the band on-stage...

Date: August 19, 2021 15:47

<Black Limousine - my guts tell me it would not work well today>

They did the B&L-numbers well, so why not Black Limousine?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 19, 2021 16:09

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 16:10 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 19, 2021 16:42

I hope they play All the rage...........

Opening song for upcoming tour?
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 19, 2021 09:47

Opening chords of Citadel would be nice.

Re: Opening song for upcoming tour?
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 19, 2021 09:50

Back to zero

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 19, 2021 10:15

Sweet Caroline

Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 10:44

Going To A Go Go! smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 141

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home