Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8384858687888990919293...LastNext
Current Page: 88 of 141
Re: Set List Discussion for US 2020 Tour
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 8, 2020 00:18

Nikkei
Who in their righteous mind really believes the setlist could be up for discussion?

Well do you remember the Movie ET? "ET phone home, ET phone home." If ET can make it home, then maybe the Stones can hear our message?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 8, 2020 00:27

Chris Fountain
Nikkei
Who in their righteous mind really believes the setlist could be up for discussion?

Well do you remember the Movie ET? "ET phone home, ET phone home." If ET can make it home, then maybe the Stones can hear our message?

I can imagine them hearing us, but then they'll have a 'discussion'

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 8, 2020 00:38

JumpinJeppeFlash
Dancing With Mr. D

Played several times 2017.

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)

Played three times since 2012.

Angie

Played several times last couple of years.

Silver Train

Only played two times since 1973, Tokyo Dome & Brisbane.

Star Star

Last time played 2003.

They played '100 Years Ago' at the first couple of shows on the '73 European tour (Vienna and Mannheim)

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-08 00:39 by Gazza.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 8, 2020 00:38

Nikkei

Exactlysmiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 8, 2020 00:39

'Hide your love', 'Can you hear the music', 'Comin' down again' and (criminally) 'Winter' remain unperformed.

They rehearsed 'Can You hear the music' and 'Hide your love' in '73, though

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-08 00:40 by Gazza.

Date: February 8, 2020 00:39

Nikkei
Chris Fountain
Nikkei

Exactly, a meeting should be held by Stones' and their following to reconcile the difference in song selection versus any fan interest. Especially one like me whom have spent an investment in their success. Yes a concert ticket is just as supportive as purchasing any other Stones merchandise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-08 00:44 by Chris Fountain.

Date: February 8, 2020 00:41

JumpinJeppeFlash
Irix
JordyLicks96

I wouldn't get my hopes up. It will be the same 19-20 setlist with minor changes and a couple rarities thrown in.

Yep - and maybe some songs from the GHS-reissue like in 2015 from the Sticky-Fingers-reissue ....

They already played all of them live since 2012 except Star Star (@#$%&) and they wont play that one again for sure. 4 songs from GHS have never been played live.

Date: February 8, 2020 00:42

Pros and Cons of Tumbling Dice. I'll fax you a transcript

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: February 8, 2020 00:43

I'm sure they will play DIRTY WORK complete....

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 8, 2020 00:48

We were prmimsed hidden gems last tour. We got the lackluster "Sad Sad Sad".

Date: February 8, 2020 00:49

Midnight Toker

And Harlem Shuffle and Fool To Cry two times 2018...

Date: February 8, 2020 00:53

They also did Monkey Man. And they repeatedly offered up Live With Me and When the Whip comes down via the song vote instead of just doing it.

Date: February 8, 2020 00:59

Well maybe Frankie Vallie could have made something out of "Fool to Cry" Otherwise ...

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: February 8, 2020 01:04

there will be no big surprises, hopefully get rid of you cant always get what you want, and its only rock and roll, keep street fighting man, and mix in a couple of rarities or never before played live.

keep

shes a rainbow
fool tp cry
bitch
wild horses

but add in a few early hits like

the last time
its all over now
lady jane

Date: February 8, 2020 01:09

buttons67
there will be no big surprises, hopefully get rid of you cant always get what you want, and its only rock and roll, keep street fighting man, and mix in a couple of rarities or never before played live.

keep

shes a rainbow
fool tp cry
bitch
wild horses

but add in a few early hits like

the last time
its all over now
lady jane

Lady Jane was fantastic at the O2.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 8, 2020 02:56

Midnight Toker

Well, that's your opinion. I personally like "Sad Sad Sad" and was happy to see it played live again after so many years.

The songs people wish for them to play will most likely never get played. The only exception was "Dancing With Mr. D" in 2017. I was shocked they brought that song back after having only performed it during the European tour in '73.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 8, 2020 03:05

Same stuff over and over

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: February 8, 2020 03:17

I’d like Keith’s set to change to Happy and Little T&A, would also like to see Can’t you hear me knocking this time around.

Date: February 8, 2020 08:50

JordyLicks96
Midnight Toker

Well, that's your opinion. I personally like "Sad Sad Sad" and was happy to see it played live again after so many years.

The songs people wish for them to play will most likely never get played. The only exception was "Dancing With Mr. D" in 2017. I was shocked they brought that song back after having only performed it during the European tour in '73.

Yes i heard it several times live 2017.

Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Date: February 8, 2020 20:39

Turning To Gold
Am I the only one who feels like it really doesn't matter WHAT ORDER THEY PLAY THE SONGS IN?

If they are gonna stick to warhorses, and things the fans know, that's fine, but how about they MIX IT UP A BIT???

They could OPEN up with the dreaded "Miss You," and because of the element of surprise, people would likely say it was a great show, and fall in love with the song again...like the time they opened that club show, with Midnight Rambler -- people's heads nearly exploded!!!

OPEN with Rocks Off, open with "Bitch" -- Heck, open each show with the SURPRISE INTERNET VOTE SONG!!?!?!?!

Variety is the spice of life.

Move up "Gimme Shelter" as second or third song, Keith sends that riff out into the evening air????

"Sympathy" with the pyro and lighting, third or fourth song, blow people away? See how fresh that sounds?

"You Can't Always Get What You Want," as the big early warhorse song before Keith's 2 song set --- saving "Honky Tonk" for the end????

"Tumbling Dice" as a final encore -- use the choir!!! Why not?

See how it doesn't matter???

THEY ARE ALL GREAT SONGS -- play them ALL and change the ORDER around!

Even better, CLOSE the show with "Miss You" so the fans who don't like it, could head for the exits and beat the traffic!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 8, 2020 20:54

I am most likely wrong did they rehearse Winter during the Toronto before the licks tour 2002.

Date: February 8, 2020 21:01

OpenG
I am most likely wrong did they rehearse Winter during the Toronto before the licks tour 2002.

What would work well is "Plundered my Soul"

Posted by: irishjohnnie ()
Date: February 11, 2020 00:36

I think it has been quite a while since we've seen Ronnie on pedal steel guitar. Hopefully he brings it on this go 'round and we get Faraway Eyes.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 11, 2020 04:21

Can I get a little crazy here? I think I will.

Know what I think would be so great? Not so much the set list, but the presentation and attitude. First of all, cut the side people. One background vocalist (soul sista style), 3 piece horn section, 1 excellent boogie woogie piano player (its amazing how much of their sound revolves around a rocking piano).

That would be it, four principals, one bass player (not to intrude on his style, but ask him to play notes that resemble the originals and be a bit more forward about it...I know Darryl can do it but if not, ask Bill back!), the horns for selected songs, piano and a backup vocalist. Perfect.

Next, please tell Mick that no one really requires he run around like he is in track and field class. It never was necessary and in fact it is very distracting. And as he gets older, it really is extraneous to the experience. Try standing there, shaking your ass a little maybe (think 1969) and meanwhile concentrate on dramatic delivery and blowing a mean blues harp. Please. It would be so great.

Then, to the guitar section. Ronnie, love ya man, and you always come through with the crucial dread clothing, but please, stop waving around at no one in particular, stop being totally distracted when it comes time to play your riffs. Pay attention to Keef and Charlie, get ready for your cues, and concentrate on your playing, not goofing off.

What to say about Keef, just let your nature take over man, keep it grungy and do some trading off with Ronnie. Oh yeah, could you sign this poster please?

Charlies just about perfect the way he is, maybe get that crash cymbal from Some Girls again but other than that, keep it steady mate!

Alright since we got all that straight, lets get back to set list.

I wouldn't mind if they did the same set they have done a million times, as long as they all try to blow us away with talent, ensemble performing, coordination and concentration, instead of overblown hype. Pretend like that big cold stadium is the Chess Club in Chicago and everyone in the audience is 3 feet away and a discerning listener. No need to run around. No need for cranes or big inflatable dolls, or blimps or other distractions. And please, no "America's Got Talent" "guest stars". Keep it simple. Get down to the music and perform it like it really matters. Don't worry about "fans"...your fans will love it more than anything you could do, especially if this is meant to be a grand "goodbye". Bet it would be a very liberating experience, and believe me, you would leave everyone wanting more.

I would pay just about anything to witness a show like this. And I think there are many others who would agree.

jb

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 11, 2020 16:39

Nothing will change, it will just be the 2019 set list again with the odd track somewhere in the middle: a condensed HOT ROCKS with some REWIND thrown in.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 11, 2020 18:11

A monumental pipe dream of a set list:

One Hit
Lowdown
Let Me Go
Hang Fire
Silver Train
She's A Rainbow
Hand of Fate

B-Stage
Mothers Little Helper
Blue Turns to Grey
Out of Time - Crowd sing-along/extended version, I said - Baby, Baby, Baby (give the band time to get back to the main stage, Mick lingering on the cat walk, waving his arms back and forth as the crowd sings with him, Baby, Baby, Baby You're Out of Time)

Coming Down Again
Wanna Hold You (selfishly I'd prefer Thru & Thru here, but Keef usually does one slow & one rocker)
Winter
Too Tight
Dance Little Sister
Baby Break It Down
Ride Em On Down
One More Shot
Driving Too Fast

Encore
Almost Hear You Sigh
We Don't Wanna Go Home
Brown Sugar

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 11, 2020 20:11

GasLightStreet
Nothing will change, it will just be the 2019 set list again with the odd track somewhere in the middle: a condensed HOT ROCKS with some REWIND thrown in.

Guess there will be some Rolled Gold Honk as well...

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 12, 2020 11:24

Chris Fountain
Nikkei
Chris Fountain
Nikkei

Exactly, a meeting should be held by Stones' and their following to reconcile the difference in song selection versus any fan interest. Especially one like me whom have spent an investment in their success. Yes a concert ticket is just as supportive as purchasing any other Stones merchandise.

I was fairly new here at the time (2006) but I recall an opinion that they gave way to fan pressure and did Sway. I saw it at MSG Jan 2006 and I think it was only the 2nd time they had EVER played it. So maybe if enough people ask for something they might give way.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 12, 2020 11:35

OpenG

Yes - [iorr.org] . And 'Silver Train'. A part of 'Star Star' during Boston 2002 rehearsals - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 11:50 by Irix.

Date: February 12, 2020 11:44

Irix
OpenG

Yes - [iorr.org] . And 'Silver Train'.

Lots of goodies there thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8384858687888990919293...LastNext
Current Page: 88 of 141

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home