Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 142
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 21, 2019 13:22

The songs are shorter thus it still would be only 2.15 hrs. This setlist fits their model and pleases all I put a lot of time into this effort - say 5 minutes.

Get off my Cloud
Luxury
Mercy, Mercy
Under my Thumb
Time is on my side
out of Time
mixed Emotions

Tumbling Dice
Moonlight Mile

B-Stage Sweet Virginia
B-Stage Wild Horses
B-Stage Torn and Frayed

KR- Thru and Thru
KR- T &A

Mothers little Helper

Tumbling Dice

Brown Sugar

Start me up

Rocks Off

IORR

Satisfaction

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: July 23, 2019 03:41

Monsoon Ragoon
stonesstein
........... I am hopeful that we get Let It Bleed or even Mercy Mercy again!

I second that, but it's not very likely that we will get something like a Chicago II setlist (which was actually worlds apart from the boring 2017/late tour 2018 setlists). Angie and maybe Sad Sad Sad or She's A Rainbow won't disappear anymore this time around, but Mercy Mercy again? I don't think so. Great song, but not overwhelming for 90 % of the "casual fans" (95 % of the audience). But it's possible that there will be an "obscure" song in New Jersey or California.

Dude, looks like we actually got the Chicago II setlist variables that you predicted we would not get in Jacksonville (including a brutal Play With Fire), and Mercy Mercy is on the song vote list for Philly. Just shows that this is all a SWAG (Scientific Wild-A$$ Guess)!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 23, 2019 13:52

stonesstein
Monsoon Ragoon
stonesstein

I second that, but it's not very likely that we will get something like a Chicago II setlist (which was actually worlds apart from the boring 2017/late tour 2018 setlists). Angie and maybe Sad Sad Sad or She's A Rainbow won't disappear anymore this time around, but Mercy Mercy again? I don't think so. Great song, but not overwhelming for 90 % of the "casual fans" (95 % of the audience). But it's possible that there will be an "obscure" song in New Jersey or California.

Dude, looks like we actually got the Chicago II setlist variables that you predicted we would not get in Jacksonville (including a brutal Play With Fire), and Mercy Mercy is on the song vote list for Philly. Just shows that this is all a SWAG (Scientific Wild-A$$ Guess)!

Date: July 23, 2019 14:33

stonesstein
Monsoon Ragoon
stonesstein

My predictions are of course not always 100% correct. Of course it can still happen that they play a (more or less) surprise song in a seldom visited 500.000 inhabitants town. On the other hand they play "awfull", but beloved things like Angie more often in seldom visited regions or before very big crouds. And hopefully no one here will deny that the setlists at the beginning of the tour are more interesting than towards the end, and the shows are longer (...) - at least they play more songs, The longer the tour runs, they more they make fools of themselves. (But great fools!)

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 26, 2019 13:31

Whatever happened to It won`t Take Long?

Date: July 26, 2019 14:01

noughties

Played twice, then forgotten...

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 26, 2019 14:12

DandelionPowderman
noughties

It won´t take long to forget (this tune)

.. and that was best, they could do with this bad track

Date: July 26, 2019 16:20

deardoctor
DandelionPowderman
noughties

It won´t take long to forget (this tune)

.. and that was best, they could do with this bad track

That track is one of their best. The studio version anyway. Better than AT LEAST 3 of the songs that they performed in the final set list the other night.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 26, 2019 18:18

Not even half good as WINNING UGLY (no sarcasm)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 26, 2019 18:23

deardoctor
Not even half good as WINNING UGLY (no sarcasm)

Considering that It Won't Take Long is beyond good in comparison, you're correct: not only is it not half as good, it's beyond gooder than that awful track.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 26, 2019 18:28

Good to see DW defended when HMS in longer here (although I'm personally not a friend of DW). It seems that HMS' praising of it made an impact. Who would have thought that?

Songs you've been hoping to hear for years but keep missing
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 24, 2019 18:27

I've now seen 14 shows over 25 years and heard 85 different songs. Gotten most of the ones I want. Only 2 new ones over the last 3 shows. Of ones they've actually played live, still looking for:

1. Ruby Tuesday
2. Moonlight Mile
3. Undercover
4. Under My Thumb
5. Star Star
6. No Expectations
7. Hand of Fate
8. Crazy Mamma
9. Heart of Stone
10. Time Is On My Side
11. One Hit to the Body
12. Loving Cup
13. Dead Flowers
14. Dancing With Mr. D
15. 2000 Light Years From Home
16. Little T&A
17. Hang Fire
18. Hot Stuff
19. Thru and Thru
20. Love Train
21. Harlem Shuffle
22. Ain’t Too Proud Too Beg
23. Rip This Joint
24. Mercy Mercy
25. Connection

Re: Songs you've been hoping to hear for years but keep missing
Date: July 24, 2019 18:30

@#$%& Blues

Date: July 24, 2019 18:31

Monsoon Ragoon
@#$%& Blues

lol

Date: July 24, 2019 19:08

Well, the song a/k/a Schoolboy Blues was a joke of course.

More seriously I think of things like

- Worried About You (one of the best Stones songs ever)
- One Hit (would be a perfect opener, but... fill in the blank; it didn't even happen in 1999)
- Had It With You (fantastic song, but...)
- Laugh I Nearly Died
- Blue And Lonesome
- Ruby Tuesday (okay I got it, but it's almost 30 years ago)
- Kansas City / I Can't Turn You Loose
- The Under Assistent West Coast Promotion Man / High And Try / Mother's Little Helper
- Coming Down Again
- Dance Little Sister
- Connection
- Little T&A

And many more. Of course none of these will ever be played live (again), except maybe Worried About You, but we can keep on dreaming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-24 19:12 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 19:10

Moonlight Mile and Sway.
But please : NO.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-24 23:18 by powerage78.

Date: July 24, 2019 19:18

Moonlight Mile
Little T+A
Rocks Off
All About You
Terrifying
Rip This Joint
Dance
Undercover Of The Night
She was Hot

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 24, 2019 20:15

Slave , Summer Romance , Had It With You ,Dance Little Sister ,Dancing With Mr. D,

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 24, 2019 20:33

Rip this Joint and She's a Rainbow.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: July 24, 2019 21:01

It Won't Take Long

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 24, 2019 21:13

No Expectations!!!
And lot’s more.
From Keith (and Mick)
Coming Down Again
Little T & A

Date: July 24, 2019 22:08

DandelionPowderman
Moonlight Mile
Little T+A
Rocks Off
All About You
Terrifying
Rip This Joint
Dance
Undercover Of The Night
She was Hot

I forgot they did Dance in '02-'03! Great tour setlist-wise

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 24, 2019 22:18

kuenzer
It Won't Take Long

Only played once as i remember it, Hollywood Bowl.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: July 24, 2019 22:40

JumpinJeppeFlash
kuenzer
It Won't Take Long

According to what Jagger says at the beginning, they played it at least twice:
video: [www.youtube.com]

Still, it sounds a bit underrehearsed.

(It's the one song from after 1990 for which I've always turned the volume up.)

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 24, 2019 22:43

JumpinJeppeFlash
kuenzer
It Won't Take Long

Also in San Diego 2005.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 22:45

Sway
Undercover of the Night
Can't You Hear Me Knockin'

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 31, 2019 00:05

I am following up some comments in the Philadelphia 2019 live show thread regarding the set lists...

In the "old days" i.e. until 2007, The Rolling Stones used to rehearse for a couple of months, lately in Toronto in the summer. Then they made a new/changed set list based on what they liked on every tour, and they toured that set list for 100 or more shows, typically worldwide for two years or so.

In the "new days", since 2012, they do only rehearse 2-3 weeks, and they perform 14 or so shows. Then they take a long break for a year or so. During the break, they do not rehearse or play together. So they get "cold" touring and set list wise.

One more factor. You do different things at age 20, 40, 60 and so on. It seems like some fans do not understand that the bands are in their 70's. I would suggest those who complain about the set list visit a home for elderly people age 70+ and see how they live, or visit a grandfather or grandmother and ask if they do the same now as they did 50 years ago. Go figure out.

Bjornulf

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: July 31, 2019 00:32

bv
I am following up some comments in the Philadelphia 2019 live show thread regarding the set lists...

In the "old days" i.e. until 2007, The Rolling Stones used to rehearse for a couple of months, lately in Toronto in the summer. Then they made a new/changed set list based on what they liked on every tour, and they toured that set list for 100 or more shows, typically worldwide for two years or so.

In the "new days", since 2012, they do only rehearse 2-3 weeks, and they perform 14 or so shows. Then they take a long break for a year or so. During the break, they do not rehearse or play together. So they get "cold" touring and set list wise.

One more factor. You do different things at age 20, 40, 60 and so on. It seems like some fans do not understand that the bands are in their 70's. I would suggest those who complain about the set list visit a home for elderly people age 70+ and see how they live, or visit a grandfather or grandmother and ask if they do the same now as they did 50 years ago. Go figure out.

Agreed. And Philly still got 5 songs in 2019 they haven't heard since Licks or ABB! I do not understand why people continue to come on a fan forum to post the same "miss you is awful" "too many warhorses" "going through the motions" crap. We all have a pretty clear idea of what to expect going to a show now.

The only posts that irritate me more than the setlist whiners are the song counters. Fortunately there are still a lot of positive and thankful posts to drown out the negative posts.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 31, 2019 02:49

Winter
Coming Down Again
Salt of the Earth
Jigsaw Puzzle
Stray Cat Blues
Highwire
Soul Survivor
Sister Morphine
One Hit
Child of the Moon
TWFNO
Hand of Fate

Date: July 31, 2019 17:28

erbissell
bv

Agreed. And Philly still got 5 songs in 2019 they haven't heard since Licks or ABB! I do not understand why people continue to come on a fan forum to post the same "miss you is awful" "too many warhorses" "going through the motions" crap. We all have a pretty clear idea of what to expect going to a show now.

The only posts that irritate me more than the setlist whiners are the song counters. Fortunately there are still a lot of positive and thankful posts to drown out the negative posts.

I don't know. I honestly think that is a pretty weak argument.

5 songs not heard since the "Licks Tour" or the "A Bigger Bang Tour" ?????

Seriously. There was only 1 Stones tour with a stop in Philadelphia (2013) between those tours and 2019.

I maintain that it IS NOT a good strategy to repeat non-warhorses in these cities.

They perform songs these days which Philadelphia (as an example) has never gotten live and others they have not gotten since the '70's.

We all have a clear idea to expect the warhorses to be repeated. However,when they start repeating non-warhorses,it leaves nothing new for people who return.

The aggravating part is that they are performing these non-warhorse songs that would be new for some cities but,they wait until they are somewhere where they have already performed them and do them again in the same cities.

Despite the fact that they claim (or used to claim) to do the opposite.

In short,they could do the same songs,and just pay more attention to past set lists,play the songs in different cities,and more people would be getting more variety .... with the same songs.

Examples :

"Let it Bleed" could have been performed in Foxborough instead of being repeated in Washington, D.C. and it would have been new for them.

"Heartbreaker" could have been performed in Washington,D.C. or Chicago (never performed either place) instead of being repeated in Houston.

Houston could have easily gotten "You Got the Silver" for the first time but,they decided to do "Slipping Away" for the 3rd Houston concert in a row. And I love "Slipping Away" but,I just wish that they would try a little harder to avoid repeating these non-warhorses when they have become the only thing new to hope for.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home