Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 142
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 30, 2019 00:36

astmalia
From which album is the song "Warhorse"? Must be very good to be played 20 times...

That is a great idea -create or write a song called "War Horse"! It would start mayhem in this thread of calling another song a War Horsespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 30, 2019 01:50

Loved the changes in Chicago 2 and hope they keep it up. Looks like another different opener tonight and if they’d shake up the back too that would be awesome

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: June 30, 2019 14:32

Main thing for me is 20 songs, that's more than earlier set lists. And that they do changes at all.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 30, 2019 14:36

MichaelLassen
Main thing for me is 20 songs, that's more than earlier set lists. And that they do changes at all.

one less than in 2018, same as in 2017 (except for Hamburg (22 songs) and Munich (21 songs)

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:36

The Burl's Creek setlist turned out to be the same as Chicago 1, apart from the vote song. It was nice to see all the changes for Chicago 2, but I hope they are not going to just use Setlist 1 for all the single-show dates and only pull out Setlist 2 where they have a second show in the same place. Please mix it up a bit more than that - I'm itching to hear some more of their acoustic stuff on that B stage.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:49

Green Lady
The Burl's Creek setlist turned out to be the same as Chicago 1, apart from the vote song. It was nice to see all the changes for Chicago 2, but I hope they are not going to just use Setlist 1 for all the single-show dates and only pull out Setlist 2 where they have a second show in the same place. Please mix it up a bit more than that - I'm itching to hear some more of their acoustic stuff on that B stage.

Adding a third song to the b-stage would be fantastic.
Seems like everyone's just getting into it and a shame when they head back so quickly.
Great way to save on Mick's physical exertion as well.. win-win.cool smiley

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: June 30, 2019 18:11

Setlist musing:

IORR - R.I.P.

(*oh well*)

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 30, 2019 18:14

The difference from the last tour is that there seem to be more variation in the first set (song 1-8). According to Richards they have rehearsed around 50 songs.
The second set (9-20) is still graved in stone though. Filled with warhorses or packed with staples as quoted from the Washington Post interview...

Date: June 30, 2019 18:44

stonesstein
Setlist musing:

IORR - R.I.P.

(*oh well*)

They are just giving the song a much needed break. Performed "IORR" at the 2nd show but not at the 1st or 3rd.

Much the same as they did for stretches in 1998. Rotating with "LSTNT" just as they did in '98.

I just would have preferred another different song to rotate in their in its place.

Date: June 30, 2019 18:52

HMS
Due to overwhelming crowd reactions they decided to do MM & Bitch every time they visit Chicago - it is just that simple.

I don't know about that.

I suppose that it's possible.

However,I seriously doubt that the crowd reaction in Chicago to "Monkey Man" on the Voodoo Lounge Tour and on the Licks Tour was much different .... if any different at all than the reaction to it was at Giants Stadium.

I think that it's much more likely that the Stones only bother to look back at a couple of past shows most recent set lists and then don't look any more into it. As they probably should,in my opinion.

The PERFECT B-stage song
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 2, 2019 14:22

Mercy Mercy - or 2120 South Michigan Avenue

Discuss ...

If they play either of these (or heaven forbid - both) and it/they subsequently emerge(s) on album/CD/DVD, (we know they record everything and film most things) I will play that DVD and/or listen to that album/CD every single day of my life - probably several times a day in fact - until I expire ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: The PERFECT B-stage song
Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 2, 2019 16:12

Unless I'm mistaken (or I dreamed it) - I loved it when Midnight Rambler was played on the B-stage (was it '98/'99?). That would get my vote.

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: July 2, 2019 16:27

Sweet Virginia was amazing at soldier field. Top notch stones song and had everyone singing along, didn’t get much better that night.

Date: July 2, 2019 17:23

I Am Waiting
Back Street Girl

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 2, 2019 17:25

paulywaul
Mercy Mercy - or 2120 South Michigan Avenue

Discuss ...

If they play either of these (or heaven forbid - both) and it/they subsequently emerge(s) on album/CD/DVD, (we know they record everything and film most things) I will play that DVD and/or listen to that album/CD every single day of my life - probably several times a day in fact - until I expire ...

Sorry, but 2120 South Michigan Avenue is no song they'll ever perform live. It's great to walk to but an instrumental would not work live.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: July 2, 2019 17:36

I don't think I can come up with a perfect B-Stage song, but as someone pointed out, Rambler on the B-Stage was great. Other standouts over the years have been Little Queenie, The Last Time, Neighbors, Mannish Boy, Little Red Rooster and probably my best memory of a B Stage song was Get Off Of my Cloud in '99 at the United Center in Chicago. Half the arena was jumping to the "hey, hey, you, you...." closely followed by Dead Flowers on the tour opener last month when Mick and Keith briefly shared a mic! Never thought I'd see the day

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-02 18:09 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 2, 2019 17:49

Till the next goodbye

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2019 17:56

Roll73
Unless I'm mistaken (or I dreamed it) - I loved it when Midnight Rambler was played on the B-stage (was it '98/'99?). That would get my vote.

They played Midnight Rambler on the B-stage at Staples Center in 2003 - Free concert.
I was on the rail in front of Keith and it ranks up there with the best Stones experiences/performances I've ever seen- sometimes I think it was the single best, but there've been quite a few others.

As for perfect B-stage tunes, I'd be happy with a blues cover. I recall they played a nice version of Mannish Boy during Licks in Vegas. But seeing as it's acoustic songs this tour, why not bring back Prodigal Son?!!!
As for originals, was happy to see Play With Fire and Sweet Virginia at Chicago #2, and am hoping to see Dead Flowers at the next show I attend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-02 17:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 2, 2019 18:01

Going To A Go-Go/Let It Rock/Sweet Little Sixteen

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 2, 2019 18:03

A Chuck Berry set:

Carol
Little Queenie
Let It Rock
Sweet Little Sixteen

Date: July 2, 2019 18:08

GasLightStreet
A Chuck Berry set:

Carol
Little Queenie
Let It Rock
Sweet Little Sixteen

Acoustic? smiling smiley

Posted by: RITA ()
Date: July 2, 2019 18:09

Love in Vain or Let It Loose

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: July 2, 2019 18:15

RITA
Love in Vain or Let It Loose

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 2, 2019 18:22

Prodigal son

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 2, 2019 18:22

And maybe factory girl

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 2, 2019 18:24

Sweet black angel
Blinded by love

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 2, 2019 18:57

I think the B stage is the place to showcase the band as they were at the beginning. No fancy sets or props, stacks of amps or light show. Just 5 (or 6) guys playing blues and rock-n-roll. At some of the shows I have been to with a B stage, the clearest sound of the whole show came during their B stage set.

Perfect B Stage songs:
Round and Round
Little Queenie
Down The Road Apiece
The Last Time
It's All Over Now
Sweet Virginia
Not Fade Away

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 2, 2019 19:44

buffalo7478
I think the B stage is the place to showcase the band as they were at the beginning. No fancy sets or props, stacks of amps or light show. Just 5 (or 6) guys playing blues and rock-n-roll. At some of the shows I have been to with a B stage, the clearest sound of the whole show came during their B stage set.

Perfect B Stage songs:
Round and Round
Little Queenie
Down The Road Apiece
The Last Time
It's All Over Now
Sweet Virginia
Not Fade Away

I cannot for the life of me remember exactly which Wembley Stadium show it was (it was sometime in the 90s anyway), but from the B-stage they did Route 66. It was just fabulous, it virtually stole the show

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 2, 2019 20:07

paulywaul
I cannot for the life of me remember exactly which Wembley Stadium show it was (it was sometime in the 90s anyway), but from the B-stage they did Route 66. It was just fabulous, it virtually stole the show

It Was June 12th 1999, Route 66, LARS & Midnight Rambler.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 2, 2019 20:20

Bitch
Beast of Burden
Brown Sugar
Black Limousine
Before they make me run

Etc, etc

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2050
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home