Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 142
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Date: June 26, 2019 02:52

Retire IORR all your. Also Miss You ans SFTD. Give us 5 songs for those 3 period

All three of them are boring live anymore

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 26, 2019 06:54

It will ne interesting to see how they donthe setlists from here on out. Two very different setlists in Chicago. Will this trend continue or was Chicago a test to gauge fan reaction? I think at some point Harlem Shuffle will get played, and we will see if they have any other surprises. No songs from Blue and Lonesome night 1, Ride Em On Down night 2. Will they keep it? Canada is going to be interesting.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 26, 2019 15:03

It would be great if they change their setlist every night, but... don't forget a lot of times The Stones started with a couple of rare songs the first night(s) and then just dropped those songs for the rest of the tour and playing the usual stuff.
The fact that IORR was played the second concert again is not a good sign, but I hope for everyone it will not be the case this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 15:04 by GJV.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 26, 2019 15:40

Yep, 7 changes from first to second Chicago gig. Something out of the ordinary. Not much to whine about now. Some notes:

- All the changes are in the first part of the show. Song 1-9. Except for spot 3 and 7/8 who are the same (TD and YCAGWYW).
- The second part is fixed with the exception of one Keith song changing.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 26, 2019 15:54

Stoneage

Moving JJF to the beginning of the show is also a change of the second part, when comparing the two shows.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 26, 2019 16:04

True, Erikjif. More of a castling though maybe.

Date: June 26, 2019 16:33

I still think the location of the song vote song is key. Right before YCAGWYW and the unplugged songs. Slower songs may really slow the set down if they win the song vote. Example: Say Wild Horses followed by YCAGWYW then say Angie and Sweet Virginia. I'd expect Out of Control or Harlem Shuffle in the 4 spot next.

Re: I Don't Believe They'll Play - Brown Sugar - On This Tour
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 28, 2019 13:20

Kurt
peoplewitheyes
Don't forget that recent (ridiculous) article from Chicago's own Tribune:

oh! Which I can no longer send a link to cause now I am in England I can't access the page...

(Summary - BS is racist and sexist and should be banned)

(google 'Chicago Tribune Brown Sugar Racist' and you'll find it)

That article is the reason they SHOULD play it...

FINAL SCORE:
The Rolling Stones 17
SJW’s 0

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-03 23:27 by Kurt.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 28, 2019 13:40

Makes me laugh the stones 70 plus change their setlist each time yet you got KISS (who i love) same setlist no order change every night

Date: June 28, 2019 17:18

Stoneage
Yep, 7 changes from first to second Chicago gig. Something out of the ordinary. Not much to whine about now. Some notes:

- All the changes are in the first part of the show. Song 1-9. Except for spot 3 and 7/8 who are the same (TD and YCAGWYW).

The problem is not 7 changes from one night to the next.

The problem is that they rotate in all songs except for 1 or 2 (Play With Fire and a blues cover) that have already been performed in the same city on past tours (this particular case .... in Chicago).

"Monkey Man" for the 4th time in Chicago. "Bitch" .... god knows how many times in Chicago.

Meanwhile,"Heartbreaker" has never been performed in Chicago.They should be able to recognize things like this,all things considered .... such as cost of admission,the number of shows performed etc. etc. .

"Bitch" and "Heartbreaker" have a very similar level of popularity and a similar level of quality.And they perform them both.So,why include the same one of the two ... 6 different times????

It's one thing to repeat warhorses,but it is another thing to repeat non-warhorses.

But,it is what it is at this point. I am not going to pay $300 to $500 a ticket to go see the concert in Boston / Foxborough if the "rare" songs are going to be the same ones that they performed there on the "Licks Tour". Just because they couldn't be bothered to look through the past set lists (as they used to claim they did) more thoroughly.

Date: June 28, 2019 17:24

Bitch is my "Miss You" so grateful not to get JJF-IORR-TD-Bitch night 1.

Date: June 28, 2019 18:37

I wish no matter what they open up with that SFM would still be played at some point

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 28, 2019 19:03

Satisfaction
You Got Me Rocking
Sad Sad Sad
Bitch

would be a great opening set. A five-minute version of Satisfaction would allow them to play one more song/per night.
Tumbling Dice should be placed in the encore-part or after Keith´ spot. Brown Sugar/JJF would be marvelous as final big number. I would also love to see them dropping the acoustic-set. Undercover/Harlem Shuffle should be resurrected. Let It Loose should be the ballad. Replace Angie with whatever you like and stop playing anything from Blue And Lonesome.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 28, 2019 19:52

I think Keith has played " This Place is Empty" but I'm not sure WHEN? Does anyone know when he last played this LIVE and where it was? It is a simple song so it wouldn't be hard to insert into the set list...I'd love to hear it at Foxboro! Come on KEITH, surprise us!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 28, 2019 20:06

mickschix
I think Keith has played " This Place is Empty" but I'm not sure WHEN? Does anyone know when he last played this LIVE and where it was?

2006. First time was in Montreal, last time was in Wellington.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 28, 2019 20:35

I am still waiting when they will keep the promise Mick made in 2015 and play Their Satanic Majesties Request entirely at one concert.

Date: June 28, 2019 20:58

I think he first said that in '89 on the Steel Wheels tour.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: June 28, 2019 22:06

Satisfying to see this thread still exists in its circular form. Will check back for the 60 and Counting tour

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 28, 2019 22:59

Winning Ugly VXII
Stoneage

The problem is not 7 changes from one night to the next.

The problem is that they rotate in all songs except for 1 or 2 (Play With Fire and a blues cover) that have already been performed in the same city on past tours (this particular case .... in Chicago).

"Monkey Man" for the 4th time in Chicago. "Bitch" .... god knows how many times in Chicago.

Meanwhile,"Heartbreaker" has never been performed in Chicago.They should be able to recognize things like this,all things considered .... such as cost of admission,the number of shows performed etc. etc. .

"Bitch" and "Heartbreaker" have a very similar level of popularity and a similar level of quality.And they perform them both.So,why include the same one of the two ... 6 different times????

It's one thing to repeat warhorses,but it is another thing to repeat non-warhorses.

But,it is what it is at this point. I am not going to pay $300 to $500 a ticket to go see the concert in Boston / Foxborough if the "rare" songs are going to be the same ones that they performed there on the "Licks Tour". Just because they couldn't be bothered to look through the past set lists (as they used to claim they did) more thoroughly.

Excellent Discussion!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 28, 2019 23:09

Due to overwhelming crowd reactions they decided to do MM & Bitch every time they visit Chicago - it is just that simple.

Date: June 28, 2019 23:20

I like the critical thinking of this thread - but we need more Root cause Analysis on why they select certain songs for venues based on geography. I never understood the Stones "saying " they use this approach.

Date: June 28, 2019 23:27

I think Sway has been played more than the average in Chicago too.

Date: June 29, 2019 00:40

Let's shorten SFTD, Miss You, and YGQWWYW. Squeeze in three more songs and extend setlist to 23 songs and that could ease the pain of some of these disrupting setlists.

Date: June 29, 2019 03:07

philrock90
Makes me laugh the stones 70 plus change their setlist each time yet you got KISS (who i love) same setlist no order change every night

there are only so many songs paul stanley pre recorded a vocal for winking smiley

kiss stopped changed things up around 2010

Date: June 29, 2019 09:37

KISS' setlist in Oslo, two days ago:

Detroit Rock City
Shout It Out Loud
Deuce
Say Yeah
I Love It Loud
Heaven’s On Fire
War Machine
Lick It Up
Calling Dr. Love
100.000 Years
Cold Gin
God Of Thunder
Psycho Circus
Let Me Go, Rock’n’Roll
Love Gun
I Was Made For Lovin’ You
Black Diamond
Ekstra:
Beth
Crazy Crazy Nights
Rock And Roll All Nite

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 29, 2019 10:14

philrock90

To be honest, I was surprised about the great Chicago II setlist. And the big differences between the two C setlists. But they didn't change much in 2017. And they probably won't change that much towards the end of the tour. At the end of last year's tour, the setlists were also very prediclable/disappointing. Compare the awesome Warsaw 2007 setlist with the 2018 one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-29 10:18 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 29, 2019 13:23

I hope Street Fighting Man will be in the setlist, but it doesn't necessarily has to be the opener, nowadays I think it sounds better when played later in the set like in 2017. Of course it was great on the Licks-tour as the opening song but it doesn't have that same power nowadays so I would prefer something else as the opener.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 29, 2019 16:03

here's a couple that would be interesting to see this tour (i'm not holding my breath over it, haha):

Child of the Moon
Miss Amanda Jones

Date: June 30, 2019 00:01

TheBlockbuster
I hope Street Fighting Man will be in the setlist, but it doesn't necessarily has to be the opener, nowadays I think it sounds better when played later in the set like in 2017. Of course it was great on the Licks-tour as the opening song but it doesn't have that same power nowadays so I would prefer something else as the opener.

I prefer it being the last song. This song defines us , the Stones and our nation!! God Bless!!!

Posted by: astmalia ()
Date: June 30, 2019 00:30

From which album is the song "Warhorse"? Must be very good to be played 20 times...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2198
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home