Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 142
Re: how can i stop
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 2, 2019 20:20

sjs12
[...] This song would work in a theatre but given it isn't really working that well in an arena, I don't see how it would work in a stadium. But then somehow slipping away seems to work well...

Slipping Away is a rather useless floater from Steel Wheels but at least not as boring as How Can I Stop. He might as well do Losing My Touch (a song I like better by far), the reaction would be just the same... ZZZZzzzzz.

So...

...no ballads on this tour!
...rock on from start to finish!
...keep the audience standing, no rest this time!

Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 3, 2019 02:34

The Set List:

SFM
If You Can't Rock Me
Star Star
Gimme Shelter
Monkey Man
Respectable
She's A Rainbow
Ruby Tuesday
Child of The Moon
Salt of The Earth
Stray Cat Blues
HTW
Happy
Coming Down Again
All Down The Line
Live With Me
Heartbreaker
19th Nervous Breakdown
IORR
Brown Sugar
JJ Flash

SMU

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 3, 2019 02:53

Midnight Toker
The Set List:

SFM
If You Can't Rock Me
Star Star
Gimme Shelter
Monkey Man
Respectable
She's A Rainbow
Ruby Tuesday
Child of The Moon
Salt of The Earth
Stray Cat Blues
HTW
Happy
Coming Down Again
All Down The Line
Live With Me
Heartbreaker
19th Nervous Breakdown
IORR
Brown Sugar
JJ Flash

SMU

Nice, I'd pay to see that...winking smiley...throw in Midnight Rambler and I'd even pay a bit more.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 3, 2019 02:55

Hoping for something like this:

Brown Sugar
You Got Me Rocking
It's All Over Now
Live With Me
Monkey Man
Under My Thumb
Wild Horses
Paint It Black
Champagne And Reefer
Midnight Rambler
Happy
Slipping Away
Honky Tonk Woman
Tumbling Dice
Start Me Up
It's Only Rock 'N Roll
Street Fighting Man
Encore:
Jumping Jack Flash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-03 02:56 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: June 3, 2019 03:06

HMS
sjs12
[...] This song would work in a theatre but given it isn't really working that well in an arena, I don't see how it would work in a stadium. But then somehow slipping away seems to work well...

Slipping Away is a rather useless floater from Steel Wheels but at least not as boring as How Can I Stop. He might as well do Losing My Touch (a song I like better by far), the reaction would be just the same... ZZZZzzzzz.

So...

...no ballads on this tour!
...rock on from start to finish!
...keep the audience standing, no rest this time!

Slipping Away is a great song and it was great in 2002 but,I would rather hear something to make this tour different from past tours.

We have a pretty good idea that 90% of it will be the same but,that is one slot that could offer some variation from what they have already done.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 3, 2019 03:26

This is the set list I'm currently mixing in at some parties:

1. Rock and a Hard Place
2. Love is Strong
3. Twenty Flight Rock
4. Honky Tonk Woman
5. Prodigal Son
6. Worried about you
7. Flip the switch
8. Doom And Gloom
9. Time Is On My Side
10. Hand Of Fate
11. Love Train
12. Under my thumb
13. The worst
14. Little t&a
15. Miss you (Some Girls)
16. Far away eyes (Some Girls)
17. Shattered (Some Girls)
18. Gimme Shelter
19. Sympathy for the devil
20. You can't Always get
21. Midnight Rambler
22. Jumping Jack Flash
23. Monkey Man (Encore)
24. Brown sugar (Encore)

The encore works nice smiling smiley
I think this would also work in a Stadium setup? They are def able to pull that set off live. I mean they wanted to do 25 in 2012.

I'm putting in a little album session after the Keith songs so it doesnt get boring

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 3, 2019 03:48

I'd love to see something different, or even recent, like Dancing With Mr D or If You Can't Rock Me or maybe something newer that's never or hardly been played, like She Saw me Coming or Lowdown.

But it will probably be the usual, with Just Your Fool being the newest song since 1981.

A great show, certainly, but the ignoration of post-1981 will continue.

Posted by: Jimmer ()
Date: June 3, 2019 07:36

Wishful thinking I know... but here it is anyway (trying to touch on all major eras of the catalogue; hit various genres: classic rock, pop, country, blues, reggae, ballads etc.; and drop a few of the too often played war horses like IORR, Miss You, SFTD, Satisfaction ...):

1. SFM
2. Summer Romance/ Miss Amanda Jones/ Flight 505 (Rotate each night)
3. Rocks Off/ One Hit (To The Body)/ Highwire (Rotate)
4. Saint of Me/ Out of Control (Rotate)
5. Some Girls/ Rough Justice/ Don't Stop (Rotate)
6. Paint It Black
7. Out of Time/ Ruby Tuesday/ (Rotate)
8. Dead Flowers/ Shine A Light (Rotate)
9. Memory Motel/ Worried About You/ Blinded By Rainbows/ Let It Loose/ Moonlight Mile/ I think I'm Going Mad (Rotate)
10. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
11. This Place Is Empty/ Slipping Away/ Thru and Thru (Keith) (Rotate)
12. You Don't Have to Mean It (Keith)
13. Fancy Man Blues/ Keep up Blues (Rotate)
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Tallahassee Lassie
17. Star Star
18. Tumbling Dice
19. Start Me Up
20. Brown Sugar
21. JJF
22. Salt of The Earth (Encore)

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 3, 2019 09:10

Not to be negative, but I doubt we will have a setlist with more than twenty songs. Maybe for a good reason though...

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 3, 2019 10:59

DandelionPowderman
sjs12
I love this song and think it is one of the better latter day singers recordings. However, I just don't see how it could possibly work as a live stadium number, as much add I'd like to see it.

Perhaps he could pull out a debut of a song from the new album? If one exists. It won't happen but is a nice thought.

Why not? Check it out here from the 1:05-mark: [youtu.be]

And surprisingly, Slipping Away became the song of the tour on the last No Filter-leg...

Thanks for posting DP, i hadn't seen that before, what surprised me was that Keith plays and sings a complicated unfamiliar song to perfection , yet the same man forgets the words and intros to songs he's played a thousand times.
Kind of proves Keith needs new challenges, he excels with new material, he must be so damn tired of the Warhorses.

Date: June 3, 2019 19:53

Nice error by Rolling Stone magazine.

The duo joined the Stones for a ragged but strong rendition of “Salt of the Earth,” from Beggars Banquet. It was the first time the Stones had ever performed the song live.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: June 3, 2019 20:10

They averaged 19 songs on the 2018 NO FILTER tour, 20 on the 2017 NO FILTER tour. Keeping with the greatest hits act but with less...

Street Fighting Man
Love Is Strong
Tumbling Dice
Just Your Fool
Hang Fire
Dancing With Mr D
Hot Stuff
Rough Justice
Honky Tonk Women
Little T&A
Before They Make Me Run
Emotional Rescue
Miss You
If You Can't Rock Me
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Brown Sugar
Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: June 3, 2019 20:36

GasLightStreet

The duo joined the Stones for a ragged but strong rendition of “Salt of the Earth,” from Beggars Banquet. It was the first time the Stones had ever performed the song live.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Are you saying the Rock&Roll Circus should count as the first?

Date: June 4, 2019 06:07

MelBelli
GasLightStreet

[www.rollingstone.com]

Are you saying the Rock&Roll Circus should count as the first?

No. Did it seem like it?

Date: June 4, 2019 21:37

Do the two for one please Mick.

Doing more songs would be much better than the long versions of the same old songs

And if I were to bet......this is the last time...I hope I am wrong....but just saying it.

So who cares about the average fan that is all about the hits / war horses

Please Mick give the IORR fans what we have been asking for ....for many years now

More songs and less longs versions of the same old songs.

Also please do not play Miss You and SFTD

I cant take another SFTD guitar solo

Thanks in advance

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 5, 2019 00:39

I'm starting to get the feel for IORR album music for this tour ….Luxury, Dance Little Sister, If you really want be my friend, even FP.

But what would be killer if they did the song "Summer" by War 1976.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 5, 2019 02:13

We can wish want we want but this is how it, most probably, will look:

1) SMU, Dice, IORR, PIB, YCAGWYW, HTW, Sympathy, Miss You, Rambler, JJ Flash, Brown Sugar, Shelter, Satisfaction, Horses, YGMR and SFM
will make 16 out of 17 songs in the regular setlist (Keith songs not counted). Take or leave one or two songs.

2) The Keith songs will be two out of - Slipping Away/You Got The Silver/ Before They Make Me Run/ Happy/ The Worst/ - every night.

3) There will be gaps for one or two surprises in the first third of the show. Usually semi-warhorses or from B&L.

...What we can hope for is one song from the famous 2019 album. But that is not going to happen - is it?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 5, 2019 02:19

Stoneage-100% agree.

Date: June 5, 2019 05:24

Stoneage
We can wish want we want but this is how it, most probably, will look:

1) SMU, Dice, IORR, PIB, YCAGWYW, HTW, Sympathy, Miss You, Rambler, JJ Flash, Brown Sugar, Shelter, Satisfaction, Horses, YGMR and SFM
will make 16 out of 17 songs in the regular setlist (Keith songs not counted). Take or leave one or two songs.

2) The Keith songs will be two out of - Slipping Away/You Got The Silver/ Before They Make Me Run/ Happy/ The Worst/ - every night.

3) There will be gaps for one or two surprises in the first third of the show. Usually semi-warhorses or from B&L.

...What we can hope for is one song from the famous 2019 album. But that is not going to happen - is it?

Correct.

No new songs. They have HONK to talk about!

The greatest hits package they've been presenting live for a long time now has been re-re-re-re-released in a new form!

So, The Beach Boys, er, Rolling Stones will continue with this NO FILTER thing for one more year.

IF they do release a new LP around December, expect an arena tour "promoting" the new album in the US, since apparently this stadium tour is the last one, and whatever they'll do in Europe... and that will probably be it. By the time that's over, Charlie will be 80... it will be time to stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-06 19:52 by GasLightStreet.

Date: June 5, 2019 13:39

Jimmer
Wishful thinking I know... but here it is anyway (trying to touch on all major eras of the catalogue; hit various genres: classic rock, pop, country, blues, reggae, ballads etc.; and drop a few of the too often played war horses like IORR, Miss You, SFTD, Satisfaction ...):

1. SFM
2. Summer Romance/ Miss Amanda Jones/ Flight 505 (Rotate each night)
3. Rocks Off/ One Hit (To The Body)/ Highwire (Rotate)
4. Saint of Me/ Out of Control (Rotate)
5. Some Girls/ Rough Justice/ Don't Stop (Rotate)
6. Paint It Black
7. Out of Time/ Ruby Tuesday/ (Rotate)
8. Dead Flowers/ Shine A Light (Rotate)
9. Memory Motel/ Worried About You/ Blinded By Rainbows/ Let It Loose/ Moonlight Mile/ I think I'm Going Mad (Rotate)
10. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
11. This Place Is Empty/ Slipping Away/ Thru and Thru (Keith) (Rotate)
12. You Don't Have to Mean It (Keith)
13. Fancy Man Blues/ Keep up Blues (Rotate)
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Tallahassee Lassie
17. Star Star
18. Tumbling Dice
19. Start Me Up
20. Brown Sugar
21. JJF
22. Salt of The Earth (Encore)

That is really not too far fetched. It won't happen in a million years, LOL; but I like the list. It makes sense. Sometimes people come up with lists with "Lantern" as opener going into '@#$%& Blues"; i.e.so off the beaten path that it is just a self indulgent essay. If you'd only kept 'Blinded by rainbows" off there...

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: June 5, 2019 14:15

I think the best we can hope for is a small bit of rotation, e.g. IORR or Lets Spend the Night Together, You Got Me Rocking or Under My Thumb, Wild Horses or Angie.

Street Fighting Man
IORR/Lets Spend the Night Together (Rotate)
You Got Me Rocking/Under My Thumb/The Last Time/All Down the Line (Rotate)
Tumbling Dice
Blues or New Song
Ballad
Vote Song
Paint it Black
YCAGWYW
Honky Tonk Women

Slow Keith
Fast Keith

Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Jumping Jack Flash
Sympathy
Brown Sugar

Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction

And even this might be hopeful!

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 5, 2019 15:41

this set list will be the safest, easiest one to date, i'm sure.

19-20 songs, no deep cuts, all the greatest hits.
maybe they throw in one or two gems that haven't been played lately a Dance Little Sister type (Rip this Joint would be good for a DC show Mr. President . . . let me in sweetie to your fair land!),

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 5, 2019 15:49

GJB
I think the best we can hope for is a small bit of rotation, e.g. IORR or Lets Spend the Night Together, You Got Me Rocking or Under My Thumb, Wild Horses or Angie.

Street Fighting Man
IORR/Lets Spend the Night Together (Rotate)
You Got Me Rocking/Under My Thumb/The Last Time/All Down the Line (Rotate)
Tumbling Dice
Blues or New Song
Ballad
Vote Song
Paint it Black
YCAGWYW
Honky Tonk Women

Slow Keith
Fast Keith

Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Jumping Jack Flash
Sympathy
Brown Sugar

Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction

And even this might be hopeful!

I don’t see them rotating IORR.

Could see maybe putting Out of Control or You Got Me Rocking maybe in the fourth slot, with Tumbling Dice in the three slot.

Any variety I think will likely come from the ballad or song vote slots.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-05 15:50 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: June 5, 2019 18:08

I think you are probably right actually

SFM
IORR
Tumbling Dice
You Got Me Rocking/Out of Control - maybe not even this slot and end up with a 19 song set
Blues or new song
Ballad
vote (e.g.Under my thumb/Lets spend the night together/bitch/like a rolling stone)
Paint it Black
YCAGWYW
HTW

Prob won't be too far off...

Date: June 5, 2019 18:13

Please do the 2 for one and also ditch the vote song.

The vote thing is tired.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 5, 2019 20:45

BV:s recent posts do give me a glimmer of hope concerning new material though. Maybe there is a slight possibility we might hear a new song or two at the upcoming tour.
I would say 1/1000. That would make it worthwhile for me. If it's just a continuation of No Filter on another continent it would be boring, frankly.

Note: This is me speculating. Only me. Not BV.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 5, 2019 23:03

jumpontopofmebaby

The vote thing is tired.

I never thought the vote tabulations were always reflected in what they played either....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 5, 2019 23:20

Woz
jumpontopofmebaby

The vote thing is tired.

I never thought the vote tabulations were always reflected in what they played either....

Trouble with the song votes are more and more casual fans gained easier access to it over time as Twitter, FB, etc became more popular resulting in easier voting and the more familiar song winners.
If they only calculated votes from people on their app or their website, it would result in a lot more "rarities" from the hardcore fans. Better yet, put it here and call it the "fanclub vote"...cool smiley

As for "rigged" votes, maybe.. but the Twitter and FB's of the world also allowed for more transparency with vote calculators updated in real time etc. They tabulated votes from all the sources, so a bit tough to track, but the few times I did, it checked out.

Date: June 5, 2019 23:48

MisterDDDD
Woz
jumpontopofmebaby

The vote thing is tired.

Trouble with the song votes are more and more casual fans gained easier access to it over time as Twitter, FB, etc became more popular resulting in easier voting and the more familiar song winners.
If they only calculated votes from people on their app or their website, it would result in a lot more "rarities" from the hardcore fans. Better yet, put it here and call it the "fanclub vote"...cool smiley

As for "rigged" votes, maybe.. but the Twitter and FB's of the world also allowed for more transparency with vote calculators updated in real time etc. They tabulated votes from all the sources, so a bit tough to track, but the few times I did, it checked out.

I have my doubts they even count the votes. For instance Zip Code tour they played Far away eyes in Nashille and they just happened to play a country set...hmmmmmmm ...... And they played it during the sound check that afternoon.

It was always going to be Far Away Eyes.

Period

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-05 23:50 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 5, 2019 23:55

jumpontopofmebaby

I have my doubts they even count the votes. For instance Zip Code tour they played Far away eyes in Nashille and they just happened to play a country set...hmmmmmmm And played it during the sound check that afternoon.

It was always going to be Far Away Eyes.

Period

Not so sure about "Period" but, yeah.. they count the votes early in the day and know (and also close the vote) long before they announce the winner on stage as we all can see. Like I said, became a lot more transparent as time went on.. even after Zip Code. People can look them up on their various sites and calculate them themselves and still not believe it. But I stand by my observations. The only real "rigging" that occurs is when they throw in a warhorse vs three rarities imo. People voting for the songs are, for the most part, people that are attending the shows. So yeah, no surprise the Nashville attendees aren't going with Sister Morphine cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-05 23:59 by MisterDDDD.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1183
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home