Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 141
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 11, 2019 08:46

SFM
All Down The Line
If You Cant' Rock me
Rocks Off
Monkey Man
Shattered
Child of The Moon
Ruby Tuesday
Play With Fire
Stray Cat Blues
Parachute Woman
Dandelion
HTW
Coming Down Again
Before They Make Run
SFD
Gimme Shelter
IORR
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
JJ Flash

The Last Time

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 11, 2019 13:36

Midnight Toker
SFM *
All Down The Line *
If You Cant' Rock me
Rocks Off
Monkey Man
Shattered
Child of The Moon
Ruby Tuesday (*)
Play With Fire
Stray Cat Blues
Parachute Woman
Dandelion
HTW *
Coming Down Again
Before They Make Run *
SFD *
Gimme Shelter *
IORR *
Start Me Up *
Brown Sugar *
JJ Flash *

The Last Time

Makes sense. And it's not too absurd. (The newest song is the 1981 released Some Girls "outtake" Start Me Up.) But we all know it won't happen nevertheless. What we will get in April onwards are the songs with a star ;-) It's not impossible that they might play Child Of The Moon or something like this someday. But very unlikely - and if they do it will be a one-show-curiosity. They will do another autopilot tour with one or two surprises and some well known "rarities" that appear on nearly every tour since the 90s.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: February 11, 2019 23:22

Caveat: I love this band and always have...I will be attending a show this tour and have seen every tour since Steel wheels. I have heard the arguments in favour of them playing the same songs over and over and I just cant agree with this thread anymore due to the fact that I have been let down one too many times with the recurring setlists. It is absolutely absurd to me that they do not alter their standard setlist all that much. I was a supporter about it like 5 or 6 tours back but now its just a piss off. There is no real good excuse as to why they cant change the show up...its ridiculous really.This whole "casual fan" theory is a bunch of BS. Even the next set of great songs/hits after eliminating all the ones that have been played to death would be well known by the casual fans....and so what if some of the casual fans don't recognize a song or give Mick a blank look....do they really think this would cause someone to not attend a show or leave in disgust? Imagine a nice 3 song acoustic set in the middle of the show on the stools...why not? Would it kill Mick to leave satisfaction, you cant always get what you want or brown sugar backstage in favour of a let it bleed, child of the moon or a we love you. Come on guys I dont believe they dont get bored to death tour in and tour out with the same old tunes.

2019 Tour Suggestions...
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: March 2, 2019 18:00

How about a medley?

Loved If You Can't Rock Me>Get off of My Cloud! I understand they don't want to come off as an oldies act ...but they pulled it off before.

...now that the impossible has been done (Mick Taylor playing w/ the Stones again!) how about a Stones & Company show? Bring back some of the old players like w/ Ollie Brown and Ernie Watts?!

...play Let it Loose!

Re: 2019 Tour Suggestions...
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 2, 2019 18:55

Play one Track from the upcoming new Studio-Album live - (like 'Oh No, Not You Again' in 2005 or 'Doom & Gloom' in 2012) - and show that they're musically alive ....

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 2, 2019 20:10

No Medley. Ever. hot smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 2, 2019 20:54

I remember, years ago, Mick talking derisively of a Stevie Wonder performance because Stevie was doing medleys. Of course that doesn't keep Mick from doing it. I really don't care what they do now. Blue & Lonesome was the last flicker. Experimentation is over. You get Tumblin' Dice and Sympathy whether you want it or not. They don't care about our tour suggestions. The rubes who pay the big bucks demand hit after hit, and that's who pays the bills. All we can hope for is more vault releases from 1990 and before. When the Rolling Stones really were the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: March 2, 2019 21:05

it's partly that. It's also because they are afraid to commit. It worked during Some Girls and even VL tour. But they afraid now

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 8, 2019 09:45

24FPS
All we can hope for is more vault releases from 1990 and before. When the Rolling Stones really were the Rolling Stones.

That ended 50 years ago.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 11, 2019 23:43

I was just thinking about opening a new thread for this, but it would end here I think.
Now that there rumours of the new album and a posibillity for one or two tunes to be played live on the upcoming tour I was just thinking about what they have left in their endless list of songs they never did live until now.

Now some would suggest the really amazing songs like Let It Loose or Time Waits For No One, but I was thinking about the songs never played that would actually work in a stadium. Of course thats a matter of view, but in my opinion, there are not that many left, songs like Winter or If You Really Wanna Be My Friend may not be the perfect choice for a stadium show, they might work even better in a club, but you know the Stones, we gotta think big.

They did this in the past, take one song never played and just try it out for a couple of nights, sometimes they work out. To name a few, there was Sway in 2005, She Was Hot in 2006 and Emotional Rescue in 2013. Since then they did not try a never before played song again.

What could sound pretty cool in a stadium IMO, and what would even be appreciated by the younger audience, could be the following songs:

Send It To Me - that one would clearly have a great groove with loud bass and I think Mick is capable of doing a good rendition of it

Hide Your Love - this one could clearly be a great rocker with cool solos and a nice rythm

Citadel - From Satanic Majesties, but that one could actually work live, I can already hear the cheers in the short breaks in this song

Hold On To Your Head - Kind of Rip This Joint part 2, great rocker, maybe even a bit too fast to be played nowadays

Hearts For Sale - You would clearly see Mick giving everything in the chorus, a cool dancer

Suck On The Jugular - just a cool song, everybody would dance and rock all the way through this song

And finally a rather strange one - Heaven - that would not work in between two fast numbers, it must be played in the 2nd half of the set, maybe just like 2000 Light Years From Home with a transition to Sympathy and a big light show.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 12, 2019 00:26

Jigsaw Puzzle would be cool to hear. They never played that one live. One of their best song, IMO.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 12, 2019 04:17

His Majesty
24FPS
All we can hope for is more vault releases from 1990 and before. When the Rolling Stones really were the Rolling Stones.

That ended 50 years ago.

No.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 12, 2019 13:01

CJFP
Jigsaw Puzzle would be cool to hear. They never played that one live. One of their best song, IMO.

Oh that would work too, they could jam it out for a little while at the end.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 12, 2019 16:19

Stray Cat blues
jeroen

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 12, 2019 17:20

GasLightStreet

No.

Good book. grinning smiley

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: March 12, 2019 17:25

GasLightStreet
His Majesty
24FPS

That ended 50 years ago.

No.

No.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 12, 2019 18:47

HAPPY with Keith AND Mick singing...
PLEASE!!

This choice still leaves Keith with two songs...
like Thru and Thru followed by Before They Make Me Run, for example winking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 14, 2019 17:28

My # 1 wish is to hear the Stones perform Around and Around (it's 12 o clock, and the place is packed , front door is locked and the place is packed when the police knocked those jaws(probably doors) flew back ) ( and I know I probably messed up some of the lyrics ) but this has to be one of my many all time favorites from the Rolling Stones and to hear the human riffmaster with his black or cherry Gibson ES 355 belting out the fills and solo would be pure ecstacy and tonal nirvana for me I tell you my fellow Stones devotees smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-14 17:29 by TheGreek.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 14, 2019 17:41

LOVE that one TheGreek!

HAPPY followed immediately by Around and Around

smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-14 17:42 by Kurt.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 14, 2019 19:02

Kurt
LOVE that one TheGreek!

HAPPY followed immediately by Around and Around

smiling bouncing smiley
Oh you just made me smile by saying that as I love "Happy" smiling smiley

Date: March 14, 2019 19:48

I just want the 2 for 1 and 24 songs

Make some of the war horses a rotation from city to city

Miss You / Tumblin Dice / IORR / YCAGWYW / Rambler .....take those songs play 3

per show and take the 2 you don't play and trade them for 4 songs.

The stones play a lot of songs that are pretty long.

Give us more songs please

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-14 20:48 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: March 14, 2019 20:47

jumpontopofmebaby
I just want the 2 for 1 and 24 songs

Make some of the war horses a rotation form city to city

Miss You / Tumblin Dice / IORR / YCAGWYW / Rambler .....take those songs play 3

per show and take the 2 you don't play and trade them for 4 songs.

The stones play a lot of songs that are pretty long.

Give us more songs please

Add JJF / SMU / Gimmie Shelter / HTW / SFTD to the list above....mix those

songs up from city to city...time for more and different songs.

IT IS TIME

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-14 20:49 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 15, 2019 00:51

Please no blues covers. Jagger/Richard originals only please.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 15, 2019 23:49

At the Miami concert - they can skip SFTD and YCAGWYW - It's difficult to recapture time and feelin of times passed but it would be great if this tour had a Voodoo Lounge Tour feel to it..

The One Song They Should Drop From The Setlist...
Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: March 28, 2019 04:18

I actually nominate 2 songs...Sympathy For The Devil and Miss You....I've had enough of those two and just don't want to hear them again. BroWn Sugar, Honky Tonk Woman,Satisfaction,etc., no problem. But those two...it will be a washroom break for me...

Re: The One Song They Should Drop From The Setlist...
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: March 28, 2019 04:29

I'd be ok with that, be please no "You Got Me Rocking" because no you don't, terrible in 2014, like a bad cover band doing a bad cover, I cringed.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 28, 2019 04:35

I'll ageee with You Got me Rocking. But the one song that I always hope doesn't appear in the setlist..Like a Rolling Stone. Love Dylan but that one is SO over done and over covered. Shattered has never worked live for me either. Songs I've never gotten live and would love to hear: Dead Flowers, Respectable, Some Girls and Undercover of the Night.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 28, 2019 04:35

Is this blasphemy to say IORR? Sorry BV but, so tired of this one.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: March 28, 2019 04:39

Only one?.....OK.....Tumbling Dice.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: March 28, 2019 05:22

Basta de Paint it Black !!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 141

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1337
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home