Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 142
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 19, 2018 02:00

buttons67

has anyone seen this site and if so, what do you make of the stats.

Nothing - because the good old days of the Voodoo-Lounge-Tour are 23/24 years ago and don't come back anymore ....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 20, 2018 02:44

It was interesting reading earlier on in some thread that THIS tour would have a different set list from 2017.

NOPE.

As expected, it's the same as last year. No surprises and nothing new.

Oh well.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 20, 2018 03:26

Actually it's not at all surprising that they keep the setlist the same since Keith could barely remember the riff for Start Me Up last year... It's quite strange that a bunch of 75 years olds are playing in front of 80.000 people in the first place and I think smaller venues would suit them better. If they were playing in theaters at decent ticket prices it wouldn't be as much at stake if they messed up a rare song they haven't played for while. Right now I think Mick just doesn't want to risk fogetting the lyrics or Keith messing up a rare song they haven't played in years in front of 50.000+ of people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-20 03:29 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 20, 2018 05:00

TheBlockbuster
Actually it's not at all surprising that they keep the setlist the same since Keith could barely remember the riff for Start Me Up last year... It's quite strange that a bunch of 75 years olds are playing in front of 80.000 people in the first place and I think smaller venues would suit them better. If they were playing in theaters at decent ticket prices it wouldn't be as much at stake if they messed up a rare song they haven't played for while. Right now I think Mick just doesn't want to risk fogetting the lyrics or Keith messing up a rare song they haven't played in years in front of 50.000+ of people.

Good point here. I guess I’m expecting too much

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: May 20, 2018 10:22

Mick has a TV monitor with the lyrics scrolling on stage so you don't need to worry about him forgetting the words.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: May 21, 2018 04:36

So funny among all that anyone thinks that Keith is on anything but auto-pilot.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: May 21, 2018 10:52

I wished they dropped the two blues covers, and exchanged them with some of their own "newer" hits like Don't Stop, Out Of Control, Doom & Gloom, Love Is Strong, You Got Me Rockin' Streets Of Love, Out Of Tears, Almost Hear You Sigh, Mixed Emotions or something like that.

It would mean a lot to us who "discovered" the Stones in the 90s, to hear the songs that made us get into this music.

What I hope realistic for in London II is The Worst, Shine A Light and/or Worried About You.

01. Sympathy For The Devil
02. Tumbling Dice
03. Paint It Black
04. Don't Stop
05. You Got Me Rockin'
06. Worried About You
07. Shine A Light
08. You Can't Always Get What You Want
09. It's Only Rock'n Roll
10. Honky Tonk Women

11. Can't Be Seen (Keith)
12. The Worst (Keith)
13. Miss You
14. Midnight Rambler
15. Start Me Up
16. Jumping Jack Flash
17. Brown Sugar

18. Gimme Shelter
19. Satisfaction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-21 10:52 by Tekumseh.

Date: May 21, 2018 12:08

They play rotsting songs very well so i see no reason why not to mix it up more a little bit except that jagger is a fan of the peak end theory i guess.

Date: May 21, 2018 18:24

How about they list 30 songs and let the fans vote and the top 22 they play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-21 22:21 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 21, 2018 21:15

Tekumseh
I wished they dropped the two blues covers, and exchanged them with some of their own "newer" hits like Don't Stop, Out Of Control, Doom & Gloom, Love Is Strong, You Got Me Rockin' Streets Of Love, Out Of Tears, Almost Hear You Sigh, Mixed Emotions or something like that.

It would mean a lot to us who "discovered" the Stones in the 90s, to hear the songs that made us get into this music.

This is a fair point. The Stones neglect pretty much anything since TATTOO YOU, like they haven't produced anything worthwhile during the last 36 years. Yeah, Keith does "The Worst", and probably "Slipping Away" again soon, but before "You Got Me Rocking" and "Out of Control" pops up again (most likely in some point), that's all there is.

I though disagree about the BLUE & LONESOME numbers. I think it is great that they still play like touring behind on their latest album, and I think the idea of them doing some pure blues numbers is a special attraction in itself within a typical 'war horses' show. Many people seem to see those as highlights of the show - offering something non-typical and different.

So my suggestion would be that of replacing some of the oldie numbers with some more recent songs. Those songs in circulation, not the 'war horses'. For example, it is nice to hear them doing such a deep album cut like "Neighbours", probably not much known outside the hardcore fanbase, but should they always seek those 'rarities' from the golden years (ending with TATTOO YOU). Would they instead pick up something from STEEL WHEELS on? If the argument is that the quality is subpar compared to pre-UNDERCOVER material, I don't think, for example, "Neighbours" - or, if you like, ""Dancing With Mr. D" or "Emotional Rescue" - is such a heavy weight song that is clearly better anything they have realeased from UNDERCOVER on. Taking the amount of war horses they nowadays have - and seem like forced to play every gig - I think that those 13 or so songs cover rather very well their 'golden years', so I think to use some of the 'free spots' left for more recent songs wouldn't destroy their show. But I do understand very well the complaints starting among the die-hards if they choose to play, say, "Rough Justice" or "Love Is Strong" or "Highwire" instead of, say, "Rocks Off" or "Bitch" or "Under My Thumb"....

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-21 21:24 by Doxa.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: May 21, 2018 21:54

I think that this will be the setlist for the most of the shows.

1. Sympathy For The Devil
2. Tumbling Dice
3. Paint It Black
4. Just Your Fool or Hate to see you go
5. Ride 'Em On Down
6. SURPRISE
7. SURPRISE (songvote)
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. It's Only Rock'n Roll
10. Honky Tonk Women
--- Band introducties
11. Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
12. The Worst (Keith)
13. Miss You
14. Midnight Rambler
15. Start Me Up
16. Jumping Jack Flash
17. Brown Sugar
--- Band off stage
18. Gimme Shelter
19. Satisfaction

So we’ll have two different songs each show. And that’s it. I hope I am wrong..

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 21, 2018 22:07

If we are to be realistic (which is always boring), I can't much disagree with you, RG. Probably there might be some variants within Keith set - that of "Happy" and "Slipping Away" making a come back. There is not much to be discussed about as far as setlists goes...

So it is the song number six we all are holding our breaths...

- Doxa

Date: May 21, 2018 22:12

Doxa
If we are to be realistic (which is always boring), I can't much disagree with you, RG. Probably there might be some variants within Keith set - that of "Happy" and "Slipping Away" making a come back. There is not much to be discussed about as far as setlists goes...

- Doxa

The only thing in (Stones) rockmusic that really matters is testosterone.winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-21 22:12 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 21, 2018 22:24

RG
I think that this will be the setlist for the most of the shows.

1. Sympathy For The Devil
2. Tumbling Dice
3. Paint It Black
4. Just Your Fool or Hate to see you go
5. Ride 'Em On Down
6. SURPRISE
7. SURPRISE (songvote)
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. It's Only Rock'n Roll
10. Honky Tonk Women
--- Band introducties
11. Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
12. The Worst (Keith)
13. Miss You
14. Midnight Rambler
15. Start Me Up
16. Jumping Jack Flash
17. Brown Sugar
--- Band off stage
18. Gimme Shelter
19. Satisfaction

Surprise, Surprise would be an awesome addition!

Posted by: RG ()
Date: May 21, 2018 23:08

Doxa

- Doxa

True!
And ‘surprise, surprise’ would be the best addition in a stones setlist sincd The 60’s, Kurt. LOL

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: May 22, 2018 01:18

I think they should mess a set list a little. It's boring that since 30 years show ends with the same songs. Why JJF couldn't be for ex. nineth in the set. Usually after Keith set everything is so @#$%&' predictible. Please don't write - god bless they're here still and playing.
Neil Young, Bruce, Macca, even Dylan are still here and they care for harcore fans who are devoted since years. And what do we get in Dublin? The Worst and Neighbours.
Paradoxically Keith is changing his set. He did Can't Be Seen in Europe in 2014. Now the Worst. He's got like 12 songs in Stones catalogue and trying something different. So maybe his memory isn't so bad?
I love them and i'll be in Berlin and Warsaw but i don't feel any excitment about set list.
Why do they play so cool songs during rehersals and not showing them live? Really i don't feel any Satisfaction listening to Satisfaction for encore anymore.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 22, 2018 01:19

Hopefully they bring back Dancing With Mr D.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: May 22, 2018 14:53

Street fighting man will come back into the set. The show in Dublin clocked in at just under two hours. The average length of their shows is usually about ten minutes longer. I think we will see at least SFM on most nights either as an add or replacement.

Other songs they might open shows with
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 30, 2018 13:33

So far 4 different openers in 4 shows. I hope they'll keep this trend. What other songs would work as openers?

Some are quite obvious:
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction

I would also like to hear some of these:
Let's Spend The Night Together
Under My Thumb - first time since 82
Get Off Of My Cloud - worked well in arenas may work on stadiums
Gimme Shelter - could be interesting
Miss You - may we worth trying
If You Can't Rock Me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 13:33 by franzk.

Re: Other songs they might open shows with
Date: May 30, 2018 13:49

I think there will be no new openers.

I think the following songs could work very well

She's so Cold (maybe)
Under My Thumb
You Got Me Rocking
Satisfaction

And Gomper ofcourse.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:00

Midnight Rambler would do nicely on Saturday

Date: May 30, 2018 14:02

Sympathy For The Devil

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:39

Where the boys all go

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:44

Please Go Home ……………………………………………………….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:44

19th Nervous Breakdown might work well, but can't see it happening.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:45

Paint it Black and It's Only Rock and Roll were used a few times in 2006, so those deserve a mention.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:50

Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadows

Date: May 30, 2018 14:57

YGMR was the opener a few times in 1998..

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:57

LOVING the change-up in openers. Long overdue and long may it comtinue. I Wanna Be Your Man was a very memorable opener at the O2 so wouldn’t mind a repeat of that.

Date: May 30, 2018 14:58

Beast
LOVING the change-up in openers. Long overdue and long may it comtinue. I Wanna Be Your Man was a very memorable opener at the O2 so wouldn’t mind a repeat of that.

+1

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home