Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 142
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: JerkyLittleGIJoe ()
Date: August 25, 2016 01:41

They really need to work on Hang Fire..raw and rockin' in 81/82..I know they've attempted it in rehearsals but failed to capture the soul of it..

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 25, 2016 02:48

bv
jumpontopofmebaby
Yes but BV. Now how will we get MICK'S attention!

If all the tens of thousands in fact million of IORR fans visiting IORR posted "MICK I AM HERE PLEASE LISTEN TO ME" here then there would be a COMLETE MESS here on iorr. You are not alone in the world, remember.

If you don't like the price of beer in your local store and you write a letter to New York Times about it... Will NYTimes print it on the front page?

damn that's funny.i really don't think alot of fans realize just how big the Stones are.it would be like putting something online trying to get a presidential candidate to listen to you-"no really,hear me out on this" it doesn't work that way people.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 25, 2016 03:37

I just want to say one thing about my favorite band's live in concert set lists over last 40 years and their setlists over the last 30 and the war horses they have played over the last 20 years and the warhorses they have played over the last 5 years and the setlists they have played over the last year... and the set lists that are yet to come the year and next year... I am delighted these setlists exist

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 25, 2016 10:21

bv
jumpontopofmebaby

If all the tens of thousands in fact million of IORR fans visiting IORR posted "MICK I AM HERE PLEASE LISTEN TO ME" here then there would be a COMLETE MESS here on iorr. You are not alone in the world, remember.

If you don't like the price of beer in your local store and you write a letter to New York Times about it... Will NYTimes print it on the front page?

MJ doesn't look on iorr.org probably but maybe Chuck Leavell? Didn't they do Sway in 05/06 because they got to know such discussions?

Date: August 25, 2016 15:45

lem motlow
bv
jumpontopofmebaby

damn that's funny.i really don't think alot of fans realize just how big the Stones are.it would be like putting something online trying to get a presidential candidate to listen to you-"no really,hear me out on this" it doesn't work that way people.

Dude Really? You think I was serious? Come on have some fun gezzzzzice.

Date: August 25, 2016 22:41

ts feels more than ever like the next round of concerts in the United States could very well be the last go around for us here in the United States.

I truly understand that when playing to the masses that most of the people there would be let down if the WAR HORSES were not played. So it goes without saying they will all be played.

But please MICK take into consideration that there are a select few in the crowd that have followed the ROLLING STONES for many many years. And have seen several shows from each tour.

I personally did three on the Zip Code Tour and at each concert I got a few different songs. And that is why I look forward to doing several shows each tour .

So all I am asking is please give us 24 songs this time. Play the War Horses like it is the last time, but also add in more than a few of those magic Stones songs.

Like Ruby Tuesday, Under MY Thumb, Respectable, etc. the list goes on and on.

Would be cool for Time is On My Side, Time Waits for No One, and This Could be the Last Time...and in that order.

Understand this MR JAGGER. For the most part most of the people in the audience are there for the party. Some still seeing the Stones for the first time and many just to say they did.

But there are also many of us there to feel the power of the Stones once again. We will be watching every move. Listing to every word and every note as if it truly is the very last time. It will be bitter sweet. So for those of us that have made the Rolling Stones a big part of our life. Please make these next few shows ones that that take our breath away one last time. Please give us many special songs not just a few.

PLEASE MICK give us the Song list that will blow us away.
OH AND ...THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Date: August 25, 2016 22:41

jumpontopofmebaby
ts feels more than ever like the next round of concerts in the United States could very well be the last go around for us here in the United States.

I truly understand that when playing to the masses that most of the people there would be let down if the WAR HORSES were not played. So it goes without saying they will all be played.

But please MICK take into consideration that there are a select few in the crowd that have followed the ROLLING STONES for many many years. And have seen several shows from each tour.

I personally did three on the Zip Code Tour and at each concert I got a few different songs. And that is why I look forward to doing several shows each tour .

So all I am asking is please give us 24 songs this time. Play the War Horses like it is the last time, but also add in more than a few of those magic Stones songs.

Like Ruby Tuesday, Under MY Thumb, Respectable, etc. the list goes on and on.

Would be cool for Time is On My Side, Time Waits for No One, and This Could be the Last Time...and in that order.

Understand this MR JAGGER. For the most part most of the people in the audience are there for the party. Some still seeing the Stones for the first time and many just to say they did.

But there are also many of us there to feel the power of the Stones once again. We will be watching every move. Listing to every word and every note as if it truly is the very last time. It will be bitter sweet. So for those of us that have made the Rolling Stones a big part of our life. Please make these next few shows ones that that take our breath away one last time. Please give us many special songs not just a few.

PLEASE MICK give us the Song list that will blow us away.
OH AND ...THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

I think Mick usually comes in here on Thursday afternoons!

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: August 26, 2016 01:37

The Stones aren't going to plan a final tour. They clearly intend to go until one of them dies, and they're not going to know that in advance unless something like what happened to Bowie happens (a terminal illness) which is too morbid to consider anyway.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: August 27, 2016 06:55

I vote for SOS! SOS!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: August 27, 2016 19:49

jackflash1129
The Stones aren't going to plan a final tour. They clearly intend to go until one of them dies, and they're not going to know that in advance unless something like what happened to Bowie happens (a terminal illness) which is too morbid to consider anyway.

Not accurate.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 27, 2016 20:31

jackflash1129
That is correct

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 28, 2016 16:47

You cannot be the greatest rock band in history with a static setlist. It is a stigma that will haunt them forever.

The Buffalo Bills went to four straight Super Bowls and lost all of them. If they had won them all, they would have probably been considered the greatest team of all time, instead, they are now considered one of the worst Super Bowl teams of all time. See the juxtaposition?

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: August 28, 2016 16:54

The Sicilian
You cannot be the greatest rock band in history with a static setlist. It is a stigma that will haunt them forever.
That's because they aren't the world's greatest rock band. It's just a marketing ploy that people bought. There is no "greatest". This is music, this is art, it's not a sport.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 28, 2016 17:09

At least they are the world's greatest nostalgia act right now. I guess we can all agree on that. Macca could rival them but he's only 1/4, the Stones are 3/5...

Date: August 28, 2016 18:25

Stoneage
At least they are the world's greatest nostalgia act right now. I guess we can all agree on that. Macca could rival them but he's only 1/4, the Stones are 3/5...

I think there is tremendous pressure on the Stones to put on a show for the ages. I know McCartney will. If the Stones come out with that stale boring show of the last few tours, they will be bashed from sea to shining sea across the globe.
This is their big opportunity for s long overdue redemption. They've had plenty of time to rehearse and put together a phenomenal setlist. If that f*uckin cowbell starts clanking at song 8,9, or 10 they should promptly get booed off the stage and replaced on the second weekend.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 28, 2016 20:15

The Sicilian
Stoneage

I think there is tremendous pressure on the Stones to put on a show for the ages. I know McCartney will. If the Stones come out with that stale boring show of the last few tours, they will be bashed from sea to shining sea across the globe.
This is their big opportunity for s long overdue redemption. They've had plenty of time to rehearse and put together a phenomenal setlist. If that f*uckin cowbell starts clanking at song 8,9, or 10 they should promptly get booed off the stage and replaced on the second weekend.

I agree with that. But they will never be booed off the stage. The audience is much to old and polite for that. Which is regrettable in a way.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: August 28, 2016 21:07

The Sicilian
Stoneage

Two thoughts:
1. Macca has been working the same formula since '09, and keeps it interesting by swapping out about 1/3 of the show each year (but not night to night). His current set is (apparently, I haven't seen this one yet) very good, but on paper I don't like it as much as the '13-14 show. His voice is extremely hit and miss at the moment. He'll go down a storm because he's very good at executing the routine that has been in place for 5 years now (or 14 years depending on how you'd like to count it).

2. I think the best possible case for the Stones is to take the approach they took at Glastonbury. Put in a couple of special things (for Glastonbury, CYHMK and 2000 Light Years, no idea what would make the most sense for Desert Trip), but mainly, play the hell out of their standard show. At Glasto, they showed up to work, and played markedly better than the average for the tour.
If they do the same at Desert Trip, it'll be one for the ages.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 28, 2016 22:55

The Sicilian
Stoneage

Guess you didn't see any shows over the last 3 years. They have been brilliant, esp Ronnie. Too bad you missed those shows

Date: August 29, 2016 00:05

potus43
Guess you didn't see any shows over the last 3 years. They have been brilliant, esp Ronnie. Too bad you missed those shows
Actually, I did see them in Buffalo last year. But we are not talking about how good Brown Sugar sounds after a thousand plays. I guess you missed the point.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2016 00:09

JerkyLittleGIJoe
They really need to work on Hang Fire..raw and rockin' in 81/82..I know they've attempted it in rehearsals but failed to capture the soul of it..

And yet they continue to play Respectable about as flat and tepid as possible!

Re: HELLO MR MICK JAGGER - CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION
Date: August 29, 2016 00:14

HMS
GasLightStreet
they might as well do some others of similar ilk - never played or perhaps just played once or twice etc: Winter, Jigsaw Puzzle, Tops,No Use In Crying,100 Years Ago, Coming Down Again, Turd On The Run, Dear Doctor.

Uh, rather no. The Stones go on stage to entertain people, not to bore them to death. Plus, most of these songs wouldn´t work live, I guess.

You demonstrate that you have no idea what good songs or music are or is or that something could work. There are plenty of songs they have played over the years that, on record, are outstanding etc but live are flat (Sway, She Was Hot, Respectable, Heartbreaker, UOTNight).

Those songs would be entertaining - especially for people that would be blown away. No one really needs to hear another 15 minute of Jumpin' Jack Snore - a simple 4 minute version will suffice.

Re: HELLO MR MICK JAGGER - CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION
Date: August 29, 2016 00:15

Monsoon Ragoon
GasLightStreet
Wouldn't you rather hear some songs they've not played for eons or ever instead of Ruby Tuesday and... Respectable, of which they've played way too often over the last 20 years or whatever?

Certainly it would be interesting (not sure if that's a good interesting or a bad interesting) if they did Time Waits for No One.

And on that note, they might as well do some others of similar ilk - never played or perhaps just played once or twice etc: Winter, Jigsaw Puzzle, Tie You Up, Tops, No Use In Crying, Summer Romance, 100 Years Ago, Coming Down Again, Turd On The Run, Dear Doctor.

Since the middle 00s I though Keith will play Coming Down Again some day. IMO his second best ballad. Didn't happen.

Yeah... it would be great if he did. He pulled out All About You for the BRIDGES tour and it was excellent. Why not do Coming Down Again? He loves to do slow songs. That would be excellent.

Date: August 29, 2016 00:18

McCartney's band has been encouraging him to do "other" songs.

It's completely revamped his career as a performer. Too bad the Stones won't do something like that. With rare exception, they will continue to ignore the last, 5 albums from 1983 to 2005 (U, SW, VL, BTB & A BIGGER BANG).

Perhaps they should play more from TATTOO YOU...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-31 19:34 by GasLightStreet.

Date: August 29, 2016 01:26

If they aren't going to do anything new I wish they would do a set list that resembles this...

Dance Little Sister
She Saw Me Coming
Summer Romance
Hang Fire
Turd On The Run
Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow
Satisfaction
I Go Wild
Mother's Little Helper
Shattered
Jigsaw Puzzle
No Spare Parts
Coming Down Again
You Don't Have To Mean It
Emotional Rescue
Miss You
Tumbling Dice
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Street Fighting Man
Jumpin' Jack Flash

Date: August 29, 2016 01:28

Bring back Bill and open with In Another Land.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: SlippingAway ()
Date: August 29, 2016 02:48

They could drop Midnight Rambler and play 3 five minute songs smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 29, 2016 03:17

They should add this one to the setlist again..................................

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: August 29, 2016 03:55

NICOS
They should add this one to the setlist again..................................

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Hmm. There are plenty of songs they could resurrect and do well, I'm not sure I'd want to chance Rip This Joint.

Date: August 29, 2016 05:21

GasLightStreet
And yet they continue to play Respectable about as flat and tepid as possible!
Exactly, cover bands do a better job.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 29, 2016 18:56

I was talking with someone yesterday and he mentioned how BRUCE and the E Street Band did damn near 4 HOUR SHOWS twice last week and rarities up the yazzou .That's a SHOW and rare deep cuts ,killer .You really get your money's worth with the BOSS .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home