Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jimmy Fallon lip-synched to 'Undercover of the Night' last night
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 29, 2015 01:58

I always enjoy his celebrity lip-synch battles. They're goofy, but harmless fun...Jimmy's first song of the night was Undercover of the Night...a surprising choice...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Jimmy Fallon lip-synched to 'Undercover of the Night' last night
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 29, 2015 02:12

Great! Funny! And what a band he has to his disposal - The Roots backed up by Buddy Guy!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 29, 2015 02:15

keefriff99
I always enjoy his celebrity lip-synch battles. They're goofy, but harmless fun...Jimmy's first song of the night was Undercover of the Night...a surprising choice...

[www.youtube.com]

Than was fun. Fallon is an amazing talent.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 29, 2015 02:21

And Jimmy was really channeling the video there with the Paris nightclub footage alternating being Mick and Keith.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 29, 2015 02:33

He's such a weirdo. I used to really like the guy, but then he just became way too overblown for me (and I was one of the people that defended him when he laughed in every SNL sketch). But he's so weird with being a fan of bands. Like, I think he is a big Stones fan and McCartney fan, but then he'll ask the most mundane questions of them or list his favorite songs which are obviously all the big hits. Now I don't fault him for that, cause he's trying to reach mainstream and he can't go fanboy.

But then every now and then he does something like this, that is so deep and so out of left field that its puzzling. Hand to god, as a big Stones fan, I've probably heard Undercover Of The Night maybe 3 times at most. Thats it. Hardly enough to remember it, but much less enough to lip sync it. Its quite puzzling he would pick something like this, and it just leaves me confused. So he is a big fan? Or he just plays it up like he is? I'm kind of shocked this even got past a producer, in that its certainly not mainstream enough to play and I wonder if he had to fight in any sort of way to make it to air. The whole thing is baffling to me.

Date: July 29, 2015 02:44

Stoneage
Great! Funny! And what a band he has to his disposal - The Roots backed up by Buddy Guy!
Yes! Forgot to mention that Buddy was sitting in with the Roots!

Date: July 29, 2015 02:46

RollingFreak
He's such a weirdo. I used to really like the guy, but then he just became way too overblown for me (and I was one of the people that defended him when he laughed in every SNL sketch). But he's so weird with being a fan of bands. Like, I think he is a big Stones fan and McCartney fan, but then he'll ask the most mundane questions of them or list his favorite songs which are obviously all the big hits. Now I don't fault him for that, cause he's trying to reach mainstream and he can't go fanboy.

But then every now and then he does something like this, that is so deep and so out of left field that its puzzling. Hand to god, as a big Stones fan, I've probably heard Undercover Of The Night maybe 3 times at most. Thats it. Hardly enough to remember it, but much less enough to lip sync it. Its quite puzzling he would pick something like this, and it just leaves me confused. So he is a big fan? Or he just plays it up like he is? I'm kind of shocked this even got past a producer, in that its certainly not mainstream enough to play and I wonder if he had to fight in any sort of way to make it to air. The whole thing is baffling to me.
I think he's genuinely a spazzy, fan-boy dork...in a good way. It's not really an act, although he plays it up for the cameras. He seems to really know his trivia when it comes to classic bands.

I agree on Undercover of the Night...that's why I posted it. I was expecting him to announce JJF or Brown Sugar...or...or...ANYTHING but a relatively obscure '80s cut from their synth period.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 29, 2015 02:52

this was hilarious but i must admit my favourite part was at the end when they both sang "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" to that girl whose fiance/husband was sitting right next to her

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 29, 2015 05:58

<<I've probably heard Undercover Of The Night maybe 3 times at most.>>

If you had been 17 in 1983, having been wowed by Tattoo You 2 years earlier, you would have loved it and listened to it often, enough for the song to take you back to that year when you listen to it even 30 plus years later.

<<a relatively obscure '80s cut from their synth period.>>

Again, not if you were a 17-year-old Stones fan in 1983. You'd remember it as one of the highlights of that period. One of the best songs--and videos--of that year.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 29, 2015 06:04

RollingFreak

Your obviously giving this one way too much thought.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 29, 2015 06:27

Thanks for posting - Fallon does a credible job on this! Must confess that I love him a lot. But - gaaah! - to have to sit thru Tom Cruise ever is very annoying.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 29, 2015 06:36

hysterical

Date: July 29, 2015 07:08

RollingFreak

Maybe he just happens to like that song.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 29, 2015 07:34

stonehearted

If you had been 17 in 1983, having been wowed by Tattoo You 2 years earlier, you would have loved it and listened to it often, enough for the song to take you back to that year when you listen to it even 30 plus years later.

Again, not if you were a 17-year-old Stones fan in 1983. You'd remember it as one of the highlights of that period. One of the best songs--and videos--of that year.

Well, Jimmy was 9 in 1983, but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt smiling smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 29, 2015 07:44

alieb
stonehearted

Well, Jimmy was 9 in 1983, but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt smiling smiley

He had to look back, because the only thing for him between the age of 9 and 14 was Dirty Work. grinning smiley

By the way, I was 17 in 1983, and Undercover, both the song and the album, were awesome.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 29, 2015 09:28

3 million+ views so quickly. Probably sold a few Undercover downloads.

I listen to Undercover of the Night frequently, including the 12" single version. I can totally understand Fallon picking it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 29, 2015 09:33

LURV the 12" version .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 29, 2015 13:36

that was the bomb .

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 29, 2015 14:55

i hate to say but tom cruise was better

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: July 29, 2015 15:39

Naturalust
RollingFreak

Your obviously giving this one way too much thought.
Agreed! And how on earth you can claim Undercover Of The Night is some sort of obscure song is beyond me.

Date: July 29, 2015 16:01

little queenie
i hate to say but tom cruise was better

best, was Fallon on "You Lost That Lovin' Feeling" BABY!!!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 29, 2015 16:08

I think he just likes to do his Mick Jagger impression. cool smiley

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 29, 2015 17:32

Jimmy does what i think is the best impression of Mick !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 29, 2015 19:00

stonehearted

Yep. I was 16 at the time and it was massive.

Date: July 29, 2015 19:53

andrewt
stonehearted

I was 18....massive on muchmusic & Friday night videos!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 29, 2015 20:25

That is hilarious...helped by years of Fallon doing Mick, and a great back up band.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 29, 2015 21:00

treaclefingers
andrewt
stonehearted

I was 18....massive on muchmusic & Friday night videos!

I was 17, and to this day I consider it one of the greatest songs in the Stones catalog.

Drew

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 29, 2015 21:26

Brilliant he managed to do Mick and Keith lol. Love it smoking smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 29, 2015 22:28

"Jimmy Fallon lip-synched to 'Undercover of the Night' last night"

thumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 29, 2015 22:35

thanks for posting KR99...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home