Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: DIRTY WORK DeLuxe 2016.
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 16, 2015 14:50

GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet

...It's a piece of shit album. Their worst ever.

What an eloquent, detailed analysis.

When something like DIRTY WORK sucks so bad it doesn't need a 10 page thesis about why.

Spare me your platitudinous appeals.

Olly.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 16, 2015 16:45

I listened to Dirty Work last night! I'm never doing that again! eye popping smileythumbs down

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 16, 2015 16:49

His Majesty
I listened to Dirty Work last night! I'm never doing that again! eye popping smileythumbs down

Try listening while vacuuming...it really shines then

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 16, 2015 18:45

What a piece of waste.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 16, 2015 19:05

The worst Stones album...Crap DeLuxe!

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: August 16, 2015 19:11

RipThisBone
24FPS
I can't believe there's four pages on this one of the worst Stones albums. There are 3-4 good songs on it, but for the most part if you listen to it closely, you can hear the seams and the edits. This is not a good work, and too much trashcan/Steve Jordanish drums on it. Undercover and Dirty Work should be combined into one decent album, although it would still only have 5-6 songs.

These four pages are about DIRTY WORK DeLuxe, not about Dirty Work.
Have you heard the songs that did not make the official release? Charlie drums on most of them.

Yes. Are you Dirty Work bashers not interested in unreleased songs from these sessions?

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 16, 2015 19:36

OutOfTime
RipThisBone
24FPS
I can't believe there's four pages on this one of the worst Stones albums. There are 3-4 good songs on it, but for the most part if you listen to it closely, you can hear the seams and the edits. This is not a good work, and too much trashcan/Steve Jordanish drums on it. Undercover and Dirty Work should be combined into one decent album, although it would still only have 5-6 songs.

These four pages are about DIRTY WORK DeLuxe, not about Dirty Work.
Have you heard the songs that did not make the official release? Charlie drums on most of them.

Yes. Are you Dirty Work bashers not interested in unreleased songs from these sessions?

Not really interested at all. Dirty Work was weak. Songs that lost a place on the album to Winning Ugly, Fight, Back To Zero, etc must be even worse

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: August 16, 2015 19:56

Have you ever heard Strictly Memphis?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 16, 2015 19:59

OutOfTime

Garbage circus music.
\

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 16, 2015 21:32

Undercover DeLuxe will be very appreciate!!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 16, 2015 22:09

Cooltoplady
OutOfTime

Garbage circus music.
\

I like garbage, circus and music. Bring it on!

PS: Talking Trash...

Keith had a song called My Kind Of Rubbish on his working list in 1985.

The other songs on this list are:
-I Don't Wannna Hurt You
-I Got A Hard-On For You Baby >grinning smiley<
-Knock Your Teeth Out One By One
(reworked and released by Mister Wood on Slide On This in 1992. Charlie drums)
-Talk Is Cheap (surfaced a few months ago for download here on IORR Hot Stuff)
-If I Don't Have You (a cover of a song by G. Isaacs)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 23:00 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: frtg55 ()
Date: August 16, 2015 22:58

HMS
I think most of you don´t like the album for its hard-rocking approach. Maybe you like the Stones smooth and mellow. Maybe in 1985 you were so fascinated with She´s The Boss, that DW as a follow up has disappointed you. Maybe you dont like the Stones at all. DW is a damn fine album and I will never ever understand why so many people hate it and refer to it as shit. Maybe you dont like it because Keith and Ronnie were in charge. Hell, I dont know why.... hating this album is so absurd... Do you expect the Stones sounding like the Bee Gees? I wish Steel Wheels, Voodoo lounge or Bridges would have been half as powerful as Dirty Work. I bet you like Primitive Cool a lot, especially Let´s Work and War Baby... and of course you adore the goddess in the doorway..

That is soo right! Good words! Exactly, what I have to say about it.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: August 16, 2015 23:34

My dislike of Dirty Work has little to do with the harder rock sound. I think the album is horridly produced with dreadful sounding drums and throaty vocals from Mick Jagger, along with some really weak lyrics. While I like a few of the tracks, I found the production just ruined most of the album. 'Fight' is a good example... Not a bad song, I mean it has potential, but the mix and production leave it almost unlistenable, imo. I won't criticize anyone for liking it, because hey, whatever floats your boat. But to me it really was a disaster of an album, hugely disappointing at the time. Jagger's first two solo albums left me just as disappointed. Together, those three albums represent the low point of the 80's for me; when my absolute favorite artists produced terrible (imo) music. Thank goodness for Keith, and Talk Is Cheap. That album single-handedly revived my confidence in the Rolling Stones. I didn't love Steel Wheels, but I found it to be a major improvement over Dirty Work (and She's The Boss and Primitive Cool), which I really thought was awful.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 16, 2015 23:39

frtg55
HMS
I think most of you don´t like the album for its hard-rocking approach. Maybe you like the Stones smooth and mellow. Maybe in 1985 you were so fascinated with She´s The Boss, that DW as a follow up has disappointed you. Maybe you dont like the Stones at all. DW is a damn fine album and I will never ever understand why so many people hate it and refer to it as shit. Maybe you dont like it because Keith and Ronnie were in charge. Hell, I dont know why.... hating this album is so absurd... Do you expect the Stones sounding like the Bee Gees? I wish Steel Wheels, Voodoo lounge or Bridges would have been half as powerful as Dirty Work. I bet you like Primitive Cool a lot, especially Let´s Work and War Baby... and of course you adore the goddess in the doorway..

That is soo right! Good words! Exactly, what I have to say about it.

Yes dude you hit the nail on the head
They hate it because its keith and Ronnie in charge
Brilliant

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 16, 2015 23:40

His Majesty

I appreciate your open mind...but you should have been warned...

Date: August 16, 2015 23:52

but we love it, yeah thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beersmileys with beer

Date: August 16, 2015 23:56

Tate
My dislike of Dirty Work has little to do with the harder rock sound. I think the album is horridly produced with dreadful sounding drums and throaty vocals from Mick Jagger, along with some really weak lyrics. While I like a few of the tracks, I found the production just ruined most of the album. 'Fight' is a good example... Not a bad song, I mean it has potential, but the mix and production leave it almost unlistenable, imo. I won't criticize anyone for liking it, because hey, whatever floats your boat. But to me it really was a disaster of an album, hugely disappointing at the time. Jagger's first two solo albums left me just as disappointed. Together, those three albums represent the low point of the 80's for me; when my absolute favorite artists produced terrible (imo) music. Thank goodness for Keith, and Talk Is Cheap. That album single-handedly revived my confidence in the Rolling Stones. I didn't love Steel Wheels, but I found it to be a major improvement over Dirty Work (and She's The Boss and Primitive Cool), which I really thought was awful.

Oh man you have excellent points thank you
but i am sorry i still love dirty work lol

Date: August 16, 2015 23:56

keefriffhards

We love what...?

Date: August 17, 2015 00:01

shortfatfanny
keefriffhards

We love what...?[/quot

Sleep Tonight, Dirty Work, Harlem Shuffle, One Hit, Too Rude, winning Ugly, Back to zero
I like them a lot

Date: August 17, 2015 00:03

keefriffhards
shortfatfanny
keefriffhards

We love what...?[/quot

Sleep Tonight, Dirty Work, Harlem Shuffle, One Hit, Too Rude, winning Ugly, Back to zero
I like them a lot

Ah...ok.
I do like Harlem Shuffle and Too Rude too.

Date: August 17, 2015 00:18

shortfatfanny
keefriffhards
shortfatfanny
keefriffhards

We love what...?[/quot

I like them a lot

Ah...ok.
I do like Harlem Shuffle and Too Rude too.

you always watch the sun go down
the same old shadows crawl over townsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-17 09:45 by keefriffhards.

Date: August 17, 2015 00:21

To be honest I got to sleep now...work starts early tomorrow.
Will give it another try...promised.

Date: August 17, 2015 00:25

shortfatfanny
To be honest I got to sleep now...work starts early tomorrow.
Will give it another try...promised.

[www.youtube.com]

when your ready

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-17 00:28 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 17, 2015 00:36

keefriffhards
Tate

Oh man you have excellent points thank you
but i am sorry i still love dirty work lol

thumbs upsmileys with beer thumbs up

TALK IS CHEAP is my favorite STONES-album after Under Cover. Played it to dead, in and out. STEEL WHEELS was disappointing to me after TALK IS CHEAP at the time (1988-1990).
Great to know now TALK IS CHEAP was a DIRTY WORK outtake sung by Keith. I Love this one!
1984-1985-1986-1987 and 1988 seemed a long time between a new ROLLING STONES album then. The boys were a bit lost maybe...STU died...........

Take the best songs from SHE'S THE BOSS, PRIMITIVE COOL, TALK IS CHEAP and DIRTY WORK together...

Could have been a great TRIPLE VINYL ROLLING STONES ALBUM in 1988/89.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 17, 2015 00:52

shortfatfanny
His Majesty

I appreciate your open mind...but you should have been warned...

I first listened to it years ago, but thought i'd give it another chance. grinning smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 17, 2015 01:21

Olly
GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet

When something like DIRTY WORK sucks so bad it doesn't need a 10 page thesis about why.

Just simply accept the fact. You're making it difficult for yourself for some reason.

Date: August 17, 2015 01:22

KRiffhard
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
I think people have been urged to feel Dirty Work is a crap album through sound bites
Sheeple will just go along with what people suggest
I thought DW was a good album at the time it came out and i still think its a good album today
Just think of the rubbish it was in competition with in 85' 86'
Duran Duran , Motley Crue

Mmmmmm.

No.

It's a piece of shit album. Their worst ever.

Maybe you have to listen ABB yet.

ABB blows DW out of the water.

Date: August 17, 2015 01:26

The Stones aren't a hard rock band. If I want to hear a good hard rock album I'll listen to The Cult's ELECTRIC or a multitude of other albums.

The leftover songs from the DW sessions are, at times, arguably better than a majority of what made the album BUT they're still not very good anyway.

It's just a poor and bad effort all the way around.

To say that UNDERCOVER is just as bad is simply rubbish. U, like ABB, blows DW off the discography.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 17, 2015 02:34

Olly
GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet

LOL, I'm gonna start posting w/ a thesaurus too.

*** edit ***
Your fatuous infatuation of said DW album is quite discommoding.
(damn, i don't even know what i said!!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-17 02:41 by LeonidP.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 17, 2015 02:43

I would take Satanic Majesties (or Dirty Work) over Undercover anyday....concussions notwithstanding...

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1422
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home