Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 14 of 18
Re: Exile on Main Street, Disc 2
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 4, 2022 20:59

VoodooLounge13
Does anyone know if the physical Japanese version is still available anywhere containing the bonus track ADTL???? I thought I’d ordered but it’s the standard 10-track version. Thanks!!!

Actually the obi strip of the version I bought does list the 11th song, so I need to go listen to it now to confirm!!!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 4, 2022 21:11

VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13
Does anyone know if the physical Japanese version is still available anywhere containing the bonus track ADTL???? I thought I’d ordered but it’s the standard 10-track version. Thanks!!!

Actually the obi strip of the version I bought does list the 11th song, so I need to go listen to it now to confirm!!!
Here it is still available
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
Otherwise, just search for UICY-1478/9 on second hand market.

Date: September 4, 2022 21:18

ironbelly
VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13

Here it is still available
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
Otherwise, just search for UICY-1478/9 on second hand market.

Yes, this is the one that I bought. Thanks ironbelly. The actual case doesn't list the 11th song, which threw me off.

I'm currently trying to get all my missing Japanese exclusive songs. House hunting has not been going well for me, and as I get more depressed, I might as well plug my holes. So, I'm looking for No Security San Jose, Bridges to Bremen - both Bluray/CD sets; ordering GHS Super Deluxe, Copa, LIB 7" SACD, and Stripped Olympia; and trying to track down Ole Ole Ole with the Japanese bonus tracks.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 4, 2022 21:32

VoodooLounge13
I'm currently trying to get all my missing Japanese exclusive songs. House hunting has not been going well for me, and as I get more depressed, I might as well plug my holes. So, I'm looking for No Security San Jose, Bridges to Bremen - both Bluray/CD sets; ordering GHS Super Deluxe, Copa, LIB 7" SACD, and Stripped Olympia; and trying to track down Ole Ole Ole with the Japanese bonus tracks.
Good luck with your project. It could be a burden taking the fact that some of the editions you mentioned are out of print.

Date: September 4, 2022 21:34

ironbelly
VoodooLounge13
Good luck with your project. It could be a burden taking the fact that some of the editions you mentioned are out of print.

Yes indeed! Thank you though. I have both San Jose and Bremen, and I bought them before I realized there were bonus tracks, which irritates me. I hate having to buy this stuff more than once, unless it's for a good reason, like an anniversary edition, or a super deluxe.

Re: ALBUM TALK: Exile On Main Street
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 5, 2022 18:44

What an album!

Date: September 7, 2022 14:13

VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13

Thankfully I did buy the correct version with the ADTL alt version on it!! Woo-Hoo that’s one down!!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 7, 2022 14:34

VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13

that ADTL is also downloadable at amazon ('amazon exclusive')

Date: September 7, 2022 18:10

slewan
VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13

that ADTL is also downloadable at amazon ('amazon exclusive')

Yes, but I wanted a physical copy.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 9, 2022 05:58

VoodooLounge13
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

Yes indeed! Thank you though. I have both San Jose and Bremen, and I bought them before I realized there were bonus tracks, which irritates me. I hate having to buy this stuff more than once, unless it's for a good reason, like an anniversary edition, or a super deluxe.

Well and until you own at least 10 copies of Exile or Sticky Fingers, I'd say you weren't committed enough. COME ON JUST DO IT!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 9, 2022 06:13

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

Well and until you own at least 10 copies of Exile or Sticky Fingers, I'd say you weren't committed enough. COME ON JUST DO IT!

Hold on a sec.

I got DIRTY WORK on vinyl when it came out.

Then I got the original CD edition because at the time I was still dumb enough to like the album.

Then I got the Virgin edition because of the foolish position of being a purest.

When UMe reissued it all in 2009 I made the wise choice to buy none of them - and never will as individual releases.

However.

They got me with the deluxe reissue of SOME GIRLS (4th), STICKY FINGERS (5th), GOATS HEAD SOUP (4th) and TATTOO YOU (4th) but I don't listen to the albums, just the extras, so UMe can piss right off with their idiotic "remastering".

So you gotta throw in 4 versions of DIRTY WORK to be committed enough.

I'm not. Never will.

Thankfully.

Date: September 9, 2022 08:02

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

Hold on a sec.

Then I got the original CD edition because at the time I was still dumb enough to like the album.

Then I got the Virgin edition because of the foolish position of being a purest.

When UMe reissued it all in 2009 I made the wise choice to buy none of them - and never will as individual releases.

However.

They got me with the deluxe reissue of SOME GIRLS (4th), STICKY FINGERS (5th), GOATS HEAD SOUP (4th) and TATTOO YOU (4th) but I don't listen to the albums, just the extras, so UMe can piss right off with their idiotic "remastering".

I'm not. Never will.

Thankfully.

OK I think I have 5 copies of DW. The CD and the Vinyl of course, when released...listened to it over and over convincing myself I liked it, then growing to sort of hate it.

I therefore mercifully skipped the Virgin edition. Then like two decades later I got into sealed editions of the original releases, so I grabbed 3 for like $10 still in the red cellophane, with hype sticker.

That's commitment dammit. Buying it even though I already KNOW I hate it.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 9, 2022 09:52

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

Hold on a sec.

However.

I'm not. Never will.

Thankfully.

OK I think I have 5 copies of DW. The CD and the Vinyl of course, when released...listened to it over and over convincing myself I liked it, then growing to sort of hate it.

I therefore mercifully skipped the Virgin edition. Then like two decades later I got into sealed editions of the original releases, so I grabbed 3 for like $10 still in the red cellophane, with hype sticker.

But that's the beauty of collecting stuff: you don't need to listen them...

- Doxa

Date: September 9, 2022 18:06

Doxa
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

Hold on a sec.

However.

I'm not. Never will.

Thankfully.

But that's the beauty of collecting stuff: you don't need to listen them...

- Doxa

LOL.

I collect some coins too...never listen to them either.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2022 01:30

that's the beauty of collecting stuff: you don't need to listen them...

Yeah Doxa .... thats why treacle
has a large collection of blow-up dolls .....HHHhaaaaaaaaHHWWWHaww

ROCKMAN

Date: September 10, 2022 01:42

Rockman
that's the beauty of collecting stuff: you don't need to listen them...

Yeah Doxa .... thats why treacle
has a large collection of blow-up dolls .....HHHhaaaaaaaaHHWWWHaww

...and fanks again for helping me blow them all up!

Date: September 10, 2022 01:55

Treacle ole mate
im just glad you took my advice to destroy them all ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 10, 2022 05:09

Rockman
Treacle ole mate
im just glad you took my advice to destroy them all ....

Yes, that was probably wise...though...and I'm not accusing you...but two are missing.

Just sayin'...

Date: September 10, 2022 05:17

..... itd be those two kinky firemen ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 10, 2022 06:46

Rockman
..... itd be those two kinky firemen ....

the ones you drove home?!

Date: September 11, 2022 22:13

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

LOL I think Sticky probably comes the closest. I had originally bought a CD version of it back in the late 90's after seeing them live because I was having a hard time finding the miniature LP special edition release of it, vs. all the other albums and I desperately wanted to hear those songs. Then, I bought the mini LP version. I bought the super deluxe when it came out, plus the deluxe, and the 2-CD versions. I have the Spanish version LP and CD. So that's a total of 7. Still need an original vinyl version, for a total of 8. The Russian one wouldn't count since that's not official and Live at Fonda is technically not SF either LOL

I don't think any other album comes close to that.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 12, 2022 05:40

Although I love Plundered my go to track from this is I'm Not Signifying.

That song... it's astounding that it never got released prior.

It's superb. One of the best songs they've ever done.

Date: September 13, 2022 00:44

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

LOL I think Sticky probably comes the closest. I had originally bought a CD version of it back in the late 90's after seeing them live because I was having a hard time finding the miniature LP special edition release of it, vs. all the other albums and I desperately wanted to hear those songs. Then, I bought the mini LP version. I bought the super deluxe when it came out, plus the deluxe, and the 2-CD versions. I have the Spanish version LP and CD. So that's a total of 7. Still need an original vinyl version, for a total of 8. The Russian one wouldn't count since that's not official and Live at Fonda is technically not SF either LOL

That's pretty good and you sound younger than me so you probably have a few years to 'further fill out' that collection!

I recognize that it's become a bit of a disease for me but as far as bad habits go, I don't smoke or do drugs and moderately drink so what the hell else am I gonna spend my discretionary money on?

Date: September 13, 2022 02:16

so what the hell else am I gonna spend my discretionary money on?

ROCKMAN

Date: September 13, 2022 03:17

Rockman

See this is constructive...REAL alternatives!

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: September 13, 2022 03:53

Wigs come with the lipstick?

Date: September 13, 2022 22:41

umakmehrd
Wigs come with the lipstick?

In the superdeluxe set, EVERYTHING comes with it, except the vinyl pressing of the second 'rarities' disc.

Date: September 16, 2022 07:30

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

That's pretty good and you sound younger than me so you probably have a few years to 'further fill out' that collection!

I recognize that it's become a bit of a disease for me but as far as bad habits go, I don't smoke or do drugs and moderately drink so what the hell else am I gonna spend my discretionary money on?

Well during marriage #2 I wasn’t really allowed to buy much in the way of music, so I fell very far behind and it seems a bit obsessive now with how much I’ve acquired but really if one were to average it out over the past 4 years it’s not bad. LOL. And I just want to get caught up on all the more recent releases. Nothing crazy.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 16, 2022 14:58

Rockman

Is this the alternate Some Girls cover?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 16, 2022 15:31

Elmo Lewis
Rockman

Is this the alternate Some Girls cover?

yeah back when it was called some bad wigs

but elvis's estate objected to the use of his image on the cover

so they changed it and went with the some girls concept and well...

history repeats itselfwinking smiley

also is elvis a vulcan or something?

why is his skin green?grinning smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-16 15:37 by ProfessorWolf.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 14 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home