Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Latin America Olé Tour 2016 confirmed
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 9, 2015 21:48

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
Info about the pre-sale in Lima: the VIP tickets were sold out in 50 minutes.

[elcomercio.pe]

Wow. By that account I guess the demand for such things is higher in Lima that is was in the US!

US marketplace was saturated.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-09 22:03 by Turner68.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 9, 2015 21:52

shattterd
The field will be good old general admission, Who comes first is served first?

Yes. It would be a shame to leave that model in Argentina. When the show start and the Stones appear on stage you find yourself flowing around in the front in the big wave of fans jumping up and down packed tight. Like a river is flowing... There is nothing like it. Bring great shoes, a clear mind and enjoy the show!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 9, 2015 22:17

Report from Chile stating that 27.000 tickets were already sold (17.000 on the pre-sale and 10.000 today on the general sale).

[www.latercera.com]

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 9, 2015 23:35

Gaetzi
Credit card dollar: 1 dollar - 12,96 pesos (official + 35% tax)

sorry for all the questions but as an American trying to buy tix online with a a credit card, what does this exactly mean for me?

Nothing, you will pay the official dollar, the tax is for Argentinean credits carts only.

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: November 9, 2015 23:35

Does anyone know anything about this? It's showing March 17th for Mexico City (in addition to the 14th). Nothing happens when you click on Buy Now. Maybe it means they will add a second show in Mexico?

VIP link

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 9, 2015 23:42

Thanks for the response georgelicks! I'm going to create an account tomorrow using passport info and try some kind of a test purchase, just short of buying anything.

Buying tickets for the San Diego show was stressful enough and that was in my native language and country!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 9, 2015 23:43

ReginaPhalange
Does anyone know anything about this? It's showing March 17th for Mexico City (in addition to the 14th). Nothing happens when you click on Buy Now. Maybe it means they will add a second show in Mexico?

VIP link

Well Bjornulf already has this extra Mexico date up on the tour page, as well as a possible Cuba date. Based on that and the link you posted I'd say it's a pretty good possibility!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 10, 2015 01:39

ReginaPhalange

VIP link

I wonder if the second Mexico City date is somewhat contingent on the demand of the first...The Bigger Bang tour had them playing Mexico City once...

I still gotta believe that Cuba is also in the works...

Posted by: florian ()
Date: November 10, 2015 08:13

Got one Ticket for the First argentina Show. But it was a disaster to buy it at the pre sale. I was allowed to buy 4 Tickets... But just for one Show..... And Not one for each Show :-/

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 10, 2015 08:16

florian
Got one Ticket for the First argentina Show. But it was a disaster to buy it at the pre sale. I was allowed to buy 4 Tickets... But just for one Show..... And Not one for each Show :-/

Hello Florian, So it means that you have a credit card from BANCO PATAGONIA??

Benjamin.

Posted by: florian ()
Date: November 10, 2015 08:48

benstones
florian

Hello Florian, So it means that you have a credit card from BANCO PATAGONIA??

Not me but a Friends mother from Buenos Aires

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 10, 2015 09:27

caschimann
STOP: Now I got it - the Argentinien-peso-sign is just very close to the dollar-sign.

Didn´t know that.
Now I know more. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The $ is a currency sign used for Peso first mainly in the Spanish spoken areas, around the 1700's time, then it was adopted in USA as a dollar sign... Sort of the chicken and egg thing really...

[en.wikipedia.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 10, 2015 10:43

Looks like Campo area La Plata is about £100 , but you got the chance of getting right up front. No Golden Circle or Tongue Pit.

Should be great gigs, but I have decided to do the 4 gigs in Brazil.

Too much hassle with gigs at La Plata, but probably staying at BA. confused smiley

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: November 10, 2015 11:57

It'll be a fantastic tour, of course.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 10, 2015 12:25

Tomorrow more info about Brazil

Values and sale dates of the show tickets Rolling Stones must be disclosed on Wednesday

[www.radioguaiba.com.br]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 12:29 by Lien.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 10, 2015 14:44

paulywaul
little queenie
atip
I know there's always whining about ticket prices, and in Europe and the U.S., I expect it, but didn't think tickets would be so expensive in South America.
¡¡¡muito caro | muy caro!!!

Europe is still the best place in terms of price to see them....I know it's slowly changing but there are still shows where you can be front row for under $100

Not STONES shows ... unless you know something the rest of us don't !!

Last year in Portugal it was $90 for a ticket (no golden circle existed) and way back in 2007 it was close to $90 in Montenegro

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: November 10, 2015 15:26

Cristiano Radtke
On this pic it's easier to know how will it look those ticket sections on Centenario Stadium:

Hi all. i´m from Montevideo and i know pretty well the Centenario as im there every weekend following peñarol . my football team. I´ve been to hundreds of concerts down there. I DON´T reccomend TALUD at all. Too far away and with no height. There´s a fence it wont let you see comfortably. Better CAMPO (field)

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: November 10, 2015 15:29

Macca had the stage behind one of the goals in Centenario. The only previous experience of this stage set up was Rod Stewart in 1985. I was fine for me

Date: November 10, 2015 15:31

I think it was a wise decision to let you buy for one night only in Argentina. Argentines are so fanatic that many went to all five concerts in 1995 or 1998. This means that more people will have the chance to see them for the first, possibly only time. Fair enough.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 10, 2015 15:58

With no new material at hand I guess the Olé tour will be a continuation 0f the 2012-15 tour with approximately the same setlists?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 10, 2015 16:11

Stoneage
With no new material at hand I guess the Olé tour will be a continuation 0f the 2012-15 tour with approximately the same setlists?

Yes.
jeroen

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 10, 2015 16:41

Stoneage

>grinning smiley< ***DISCLAIMER*** some serious whining comming up... smoking smiley

(P.S.: just a joke, and in no way aimed at you, Stoneage. winking smiley And yep; I think you're right in your assumption.)

Date: November 10, 2015 16:54

varilla
Cristiano Radtke
On this pic it's easier to know how will it look those ticket sections on Centenario Stadium:

Hi all. i´m from Montevideo and i know pretty well the Centenario as im there every weekend following peñarol . my football team. I´ve been to hundreds of concerts down there. I DON´T reccomend TALUD at all. Too far away and with no height. There´s a fence it wont let you see comfortably. Better CAMPO (field)

Thank you, varilla. I was thinking about that, too. Some friends have been to Centenario and they told me the same, but it's even better when we have advices from local people about that. Campo will be my choice if I can get the ticket, lol. smileys with beer

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 10, 2015 16:56

corriecas
Stoneage

Yes.
jeroen

We can hope some changes in the setlists of the Buenos Aires 2nd and 3rd shows, maybe of the second Sao Paolo show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 17:47 by 1962.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 10, 2015 17:29

MisterDDDD
ReginaPhalange

VIP link

I wonder if the second Mexico City date is somewhat contingent on the demand of the first...The Bigger Bang tour had them playing Mexico City once...

I still gotta believe that Cuba is also in the works...

But they Played in Monterrey, second big city in Mexico, 1995 4 shows, 1998 2 shows 2006 two shows it makes sence this time 2 shows again!

Re: The Rolling Stones 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 10, 2015 19:28

stonesfan7676
MisterDDDD
stonesfan7676
Halup
I would love to go to te Havana show, but as an American, I am unsure how to make it happen. I know of people who have gone there through mexico or other countries and in Cuba they did not stamp their passport, so the US officials never knew of the visit. I'm also aware that there are flights going there from the US, including right of of my city, Los Angeles. I'm unsure how to get approval from US officials on how to travel there, as I'm not a journalist and don't have family members in Cuba.

Have any Americans on this site traveled to Cuba with approval from the State Department?

Tourism travel to Cuba for US citizens is still illegal. Yes, citizens used to bypass the law by traveling via another country because Cuba did't historically stamp passports. They do now however, so the US will know you have been there. The requirements to get an OFAC license are pretty specific.

This "blog" updated last month states differently and also has some great info on traveling to Cuba in addition to the getting there part..

[triphackr.com]

I live very close to the Canadian border so traveling from Vancouver isn't a problem.. Not sure where your info comes from, not doubting it..just curious as to what the accurate info is..

I think I may be even willing to go and beg forgiveness as opposed to asking for permission...

My info. comes directly from the US dept. of Homeland Security's website, the Dept. of State's website, and the Cuban airport security website.

"Tourist travel to Cuba is prohibited under U.S. law for U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and others subject to U.S. jurisdiction" right on the US State dept. link, and the OFAC license is explained in the other link to the treasury.

[www.travel.state.gov]

[www.treasury.gov]

I'm not going to trust the blog of some random guy for valid information.

I have an English passport but am a US resident so fall under US guidelines for Cuba. If I went, I would fly from Mexico City to Cancun and hop over to Havana for a couple of days, fly back to Cancun and then back to SF. Maybe I could say I was covering the concert for a local blog. How crazy is this? Do you think the US government would really come after one for a stamp on the passport, if they did in fact stamp it? Maybe a buch of us could get together, in Mexico City, and if the concert happens in Havana, fly together as "rock journalists"? Any thoughts?

Re: The Rolling Stones 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 10, 2015 19:57

sarahunwin
I have an English passport but am a US resident so fall under US guidelines for Cuba. If I went, I would fly from Mexico City to Cancun and hop over to Havana for a couple of days, fly back to Cancun and then back to SF. Maybe I could say I was covering the concert for a local blog. How crazy is this? Do you think the US government would really come after one for a stamp on the passport, if they did in fact stamp it? Maybe a buch of us could get together, in Mexico City, and if the concert happens in Havana, fly together as "rock journalists"? Any thoughts?

Excellent ideas..
Self -reporting as journalists who write for a rock blog/site (this one?) and traveling as a group from Mexico City would work nicely for those that could make both places..

Date: November 10, 2015 23:43

florian

Hey florian, is that really correct? The '4 tickets maximum' applies as a total over all shows? I was hoping to get 2 for the first show and another 2 for the second.....

Date: November 10, 2015 23:52

Manofwealthandtaste
florian

Hey florian, is that really correct? The '4 tickets maximum' applies as a total over all shows? I was hoping to get 2 for the first show and another 2 for the second.....

If I'm not wrong, you need 3 different credit cards if you want tickets for the 3 concerts. Each credit card is allowed to buy tickets for only one concert, no matter if you buy one or four tickets.

Date: November 10, 2015 23:56

Cristiano Radtke
Manofwealthandtaste
florian

If I'm not wrong, you need 3 different credit cards if you want tickets for the 3 concerts. Each credit card is allowed to buy tickets for only one concert, no matter if you buy one or four tickets.

Wow, ok thanks for that information Christiano.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1627
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home