Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 51
Re: Latin America Olé Tour 2016 confirmed
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 20, 2015 15:36

chriseganstar
TAP have some pretty good fares to Brasil available at the moment, but the deal expires on 30/11/2015. I hope the Stones tickets for Brazil are available to purchase before then otherwise the air fares will be appreciably more and could rule me out !

Chriseganstar

The word here is that the tickets for Porto Alegre might be on sale on the first weeks of December. Although I don't know about Rio and São Paulo, I think it makes some sense.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: November 20, 2015 15:39

Great place, Lima. My wife is from Lima. We try to get there every year or so. The food is awesome. And, yes, Macchu Picchu is an awesome feat of engineering!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 20, 2015 16:11

chriseganstar
TAP have some pretty good fares to Brasil available at the moment, but the deal expires on 30/11/2015. I hope the Stones tickets for Brazil are available to purchase before then otherwise the air fares will be appreciably more and could rule me out !

Chriseganstar

Where are you flying from?

I booked a return from Heathrow with KLM for £400 a great price and I also booked four flights in Brazil to go to the other shows with TAM airlines for a total of £180 for the four internal flights.I don't think it's too much of a risk now to book the flights before the show tickets go on sale as the shows have been confirmed and even if I have no luck getting tickets when they go on sale then going by previous experience I'm pretty sure tickets will be available outside the gigs on the night although I do understand people wanting to get show tickets before booking an expensive trip.

Good luck and hope you can make it to the shows.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Andschana ()
Date: November 20, 2015 17:25

I booked my flights last week - from Austria to Rio and Sao Paulo. A short trip espacially for the Stones.
I hope, that the ticketpurchase works, because I´m not brave enough to travel without tickets.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 20, 2015 17:29

I'm going from Heathrow/Gatwick (have to get there from Cornwall 1st too !!) but am only going to Porto Alegre because of other commitments. KLM is now just under £700 return and TAP just under £500. Still praying that Havana gets confirmed (according to Ronnie deal is being worked on, whatever that means!!).

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 20, 2015 17:46

I'm all booked for Mexico City 3/14. Flights, hotel, etc. Only need my ticket. I see the pre-sale is set for 11/23. Anyone know if there is an American Express pre-sale? Anyone know what is required to qualify for the pre-sale?

Posted by: anne ()
Date: November 20, 2015 17:49

Hallo,

I try to buy Montevideo Tickets from Germany. They say, they only accept Visa card. But there is also something written with Master CARD: i dont know what to with it.
Does anybody know what to do with it ?

Boleteria del Esadio Centenario

Advertencia
Las entradas se podran retirar unicamente con su
codigo y documento
Usted se registro con este numero de documento :

MASTERCARD

Si ese no es su numero de documento lo puede
cambiar en "Mi cuenta-mis datos "

What is this what does it mean ?
Thank you for your help !

Anne

Date: November 20, 2015 18:00

anne
Hallo,

I try to buy Montevideo Tickets from Germany. They say, they only accept Visa card. But there is also something written with Master CARD: i dont know what to with it.

Advertencia
codigo y documento

MASTERCARD

Anne

They only accept Visa. I think Mastercard is accepted but only for Uruguayans (perhaps the website can identify from where you're logged by your IP number).

The rough translation for what you wrote above is:

You can only pick up your tickets at the box office of the Centenario Stadium.

You'll need to show them the document you used to create your account on the website when you pick up your tickets, as well as the credit card you used to pay for it.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 20, 2015 18:02

jazzbass
I'm all booked for Mexico City 3/14. Flights, hotel, etc. Only need my ticket. I see the pre-sale is set for 11/23. Anyone know if there is an American Express pre-sale? Anyone know what is required to qualify for the pre-sale?

Welcome to Mexico!

Presale is only for Santander cards, Debit or Credit.

General sale with all kind of cards and cash is 11/26.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 20, 2015 18:15

Cristiano Radtke
anne
Hallo,

Advertencia
codigo y documento

MASTERCARD

Anne

They only accept Visa. I think Mastercard is accepted but only for Uruguayans (perhaps the website can identify from where you're logged by your IP number).

The rough translation for what you wrote above is:

You can only pick up your tickets at the box office of the Centenario Stadium.

You'll need to show them the document you used to create your account on the website when you pick up your tickets, as well as the credit card you used to pay for it.

Very well done Cristiano...as always.

Just trying to help Anne a little bit more:

Here is my sentence by sentence translation:

Box office of the Centenario Stadium

Advertencia
Warning

Las entradas se podran retirar unicamente con su codigo y documento
Usted se registro con este numero de documento:

The tickets can only be retired with your code and document
You have registered with this document number:

MASTERCARD

Si ese no es su numero de documento lo puede cambiar en "Mi cuenta-mis datos"
If this isn't your document number you can change it entering "Mi cuenta-mis datos" (My account - my data)

Viel Glück Anne!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-20 18:19 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: Rembo ()
Date: November 20, 2015 18:16

rogerriffin
jazzbass

Welcome to Mexico!

Presale is only for Santander cards, Debit or Credit.

General sale with all kind of cards and cash is 11/26.

Do you know what percentage of tickets are being sold via pre sale?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 20, 2015 18:58

Haven't got a smartphone Chris. Just an old fashioned one without camera etc.

The T4F website automatically puts me through to the english translation of registration procedure and will not let me complete registration for any combination of postcode,address, phone number etc. for U.K. Spain or Brazil.

Will try to find the Portugese version, which I would have thought would come up first.

To be honest, like Nate says, if i don't get tix when they come on sale it doesn't worry me.
I have yet to go to a gig at a stadium or arena where tix haven't been sold on the night at face value or below.

Talking about flights, I got my direct flights return from Madrid to Rio and Rio to Heathrow for £411 which was a pretty good deal on Iberia and British Airways at very conveniant times to fly. thumbs up

Will arrange the internal flights fairly soon.
Avianca seems to have the lowest fares but you have to pay in Brazil currency.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: November 20, 2015 19:11

BV, any idea when the Stones may finalize plans for the March 17-21 dates between a 2nd Mexico City show, Cuba or Dominican Republic? We have lots of fans from Northern US trying to get away from winter to see some sun and Stones in March 2016. Thanks!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 20, 2015 21:38

I think the management are holding the last week of the tour just to make sure they do not commit to anything binding. Remember in the summer 2013 US tour they took away Philly #3 and replaced it with Washington very late, after Philly #1 and #2 was on sale, very few knew, nothing was announced, nothing to be refunded or messed with. The last week of the Ole tour options is still open. They might end in Mexico, but most probably add something special like Cuba, DR or similar. I will not book my return flight back home from the tour for a while still.

Bjornulf

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: November 20, 2015 22:02

Thanks Bjornulf!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 20, 2015 22:11

bv
I think the management are holding the last week of the tour just to make sure they do not commit to anything binding. Remember in the summer 2013 US tour they took away Philly #3 and replaced it with Washington very late, after Philly #1 and #2 was on sale, very few knew, nothing was announced, nothing to be refunded or messed with. The last week of the Ole tour options is still open. They might end in Mexico, but most probably add something special like Cuba, DR or similar. I will not book my return flight back home from the tour for a while still.

Well since they be will in the area, a couple of shows in America after Mexico or Cuba would be awfully nice. It would be a shame to have the ball rolling and be so close to their biggest market and shut it down right before concert season.

I know I'm jumping the gun a bit but any rumors about any shows for summer 2016 creeping out?

Date: November 20, 2015 23:05

It is the Latin America Ole tour you know...

Bjornulf

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 21, 2015 00:08

VIP packages for Mexico available in [www.ticketmaster.com.mx]

**FRONT ROW PLATINO1 PACKAGE**

Precio MXN 20,410.00 ($1,240USD) (Incluye el boleto de $10,000 más $730 de cargos)

-Incluye un boleto reservado en primera fila (Platino A)
-Mercancía oficial de The Rolling Stones
-Un gafete coleccionable laminado conmemorativo del evento de The Rolling Stones
-Staff dedicado en la recepción

**PLATINO1 PACKAGE**

Precio MXN 17,000.00 (Incluye el boleto de $10,000 más $730 de cargos)

-Incluye un boleto reservado (Platino A)
-Un gafete coleccionable laminado conmemorativo del evento de The Rolling Stones

**FRONT ROW PLATINO2 PACKAGE**

Precio MXN 17,000.00 (Incluye el boleto de $7,500 más $730 de cargos)

-Incluye boleto reservado en primera fila (Platino B )

**PLATINO2 PACKAGE**

Precio MXN 13,600.00 (Incluye el boleto de $7,500 más $730 de cargos)

-Incluye boleto reservado (Platino B )

**PLATINO3 PACKAGE**

Precio MXN 11,480.00 (Incluye el boleto de $5,800 más $730 de cargos)

-Incluye boleto reservado en primera fila (Platino C)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 00:14 by rogerriffin.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 21, 2015 01:05

bv

Yes of course but many of us speak Spanish here in California (and elsewhere). I'm willing to spend a few bucks this summer and chant Ole Ole Ole Ole with the best of them. Besides California was part of Mexico not such a long time ago, some would argue it will be again soon, so to speak. winking smiley

Date: November 21, 2015 01:22

Naturalust
bv

Yes of course but many of us speak Spanish here in California (and elsewhere). I'm willing to spend a few bucks this summer and chant Ole Ole Ole Ole with the best of them. Besides California was part of Mexico not such a long time ago, some would argue it will be again soon, so to speak. winking smiley

Not if Donald Trump wins it wont be.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Date: November 21, 2015 08:14

You know The Rolling Stones have spent weeks in California less than a year ago, so I am not sure that California is on top of their to-do list for the next year. Also, they did a few LA gigs in 2013, Anaheim and Staples and Echoplex.

Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé !!!

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 21, 2015 10:35

Yeah yeah yeah ... tickets, flights, credit cards, debit cards, this doesn't work, that doesn't work, I don't read Spanish, how do I get to ... ? - and so on and so on !!

That's all very well, but THIS is the REALLY important bit !!

[weather-and-climate.com]

The sun's gonna shine, the air will be warm (if not HOT HOT HOT), and the Rolling f***ing Stones are gonna play !!

hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 21, 2015 10:37

I hope they sell those funky cocktails with pineapples and umbrellas and other things pokin' out the top of the glasses ...

smiling smiley

Date: November 21, 2015 13:12

paulywaul
I hope they sell those funky cocktails with pineapples and umbrellas and other things pokin' out the top of the glasses ...

smiling smiley

Luvly jubbly

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 21, 2015 13:18

anne
Hallo,

Advertencia
codigo y documento

MASTERCARD

Anne

This means that when you registered on the ticket site, you entered the word MASTERCARD in the field asking for details of the document you would present for identification when picking up the tickets. But what you have to write in that field is the number (not the name) of the document you are going to present - for example, a passport number. I am not sure if a credit card is accepted for identification purposes. Maybe one of our Latin American friends can answer that question.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 21, 2015 13:22

bv
Beast
We are indeed - but will we also have the fortune to see the sparkly top down there too? cool smiley

Side trip to Aconcagua?

BV - I will be in that vineyard in Mendoza toasting your ascent to the summit and will have several local beers lined up for you to drink on your return smileys with beer

Date: November 21, 2015 14:47

Beast
anne
Hallo,

Advertencia
codigo y documento

MASTERCARD

Anne

This means that when you registered on the ticket site, you entered the word MASTERCARD in the field asking for details of the document you would present for identification when picking up the tickets. But what you have to write in that field is the number (not the name) of the document you are going to present - for example, a passport number. I am not sure if a credit card is accepted for identification purposes. Maybe one of our Latin American friends can answer that question.

You're right, it's not. When somebody buys a ticket online, the credit card used to pay for the ticket and a valid ID are required.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 21, 2015 15:10

Beast
anne
Hallo,

Advertencia
codigo y documento

MASTERCARD

Anne

Exactly Beast. that was the mistake! Anyway it can be change.

And, no the system asks for a personal document.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 21, 2015 15:42

Well if we look at where they played since 2012, we see that Europe might be the next turn. With all the album rumors maybe we will get a fall tour through the secondary markets just like in the US this year (veery-maybe with a new album).
But for now that is just a tought. Time Is On Our Sides for sure.

First the OLE TOUR will get us on fire again! Can't wait!!

North America: 40
Europe: 21
Far East: 16
South America: 12 (14)

Date: November 21, 2015 16:43

I was just thinking (very dangerous and not recommended) ... that this band is really quite extraordinary. I'm sure many other fans can trump this (BV excluded - because he sees EVERY show), but I was just reflecting on what a diverse range of destinations I have seen them in - just in the last three years alone. Since they re-emerged in late 2012, after a five year break following the ABB tour, it's been:

O2 x 2, New Jersey x 2, Brooklyn

Hyde Park x 2

Macau, Shanghai, Zurich, Tel-Aviv, Berlin, Paris, Vienna

Took the year off (me - not them) winking smiley

Planning on Montevideo, might do one of the Buenos Aires shows

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the Glimmers are having a private conversation and reflecting on 'their journey', from humble beginnings in crappy joints in London - to literally being nothing short of masters of the rock n' roll universe, and one of Britain's finest exports some 50 plus years later. What an amazing trip ....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 51

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home