Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 51
Re: The Rolling Stones 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 28, 2015 20:53

Well, I live in Mexico (the country) and have done for over a decade. I´ve been to Mexico City many times and never had any problems, nor felt nervous.

For what it´s worth, the sketchiest city I´ve ever been to (in years of travel across several continents) was Pheonix, Az, USA (I stayed in some bad hoods!) and the only place i´ve had any violence perpertrated against me was in Manchester in my very own country of birth, England.

But let´s not get off topic!

Looking forward to the Stones in Mexico!!! (on a weekend, please!)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 29, 2015 13:52

Thanks for the answer.
Mexico City I would like to visit sometime but for this tour I think I will start in Buenos Aires and finish in Sao Paolo.

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: August 29, 2015 17:22

MonkeyMan2000
I want to see them live again, that's my biggest wish. But i'm only 15 years old and i don't have any money... So do you think, i should go to South America or do you think, that they will do some shows in Europe anyways?

I don't want to have to much debt, you know parents smiling smiley

Unless you have very rich parents, I would not recommend traveling to South America from Europe at age 15 for a concert. I know that right now it seems like the most important thing in the world, but that's a very tall order. I'm certain the Stones will play in Europe again, possibly even in 2016 sometime. The only thing that will stop them is if something happens to Mick, Charlie or Keith, health wise, that effectively ends the band's ability to perform live. That could happen next week, or years from now. We're on borrowed time right now, this is the icing on the cake. Each time gets closer to the last time. But I'd say that at this point, the band intend to tour in Europe again. If nothing else, some gigs in the UK.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: August 29, 2015 18:51

MonkeyMan2000
I want to see them live again, that's my biggest wish. But i'm only 15 years old and i don't have any money... So do you think, i should go to South America or do you think, that they will do some shows in Europe anyways?

I don't want to have to much debt, you know parents smiling smiley
As far as I can tell they will continue to do short tours as long as everyone remains healthy. Mick says he has absolutely no plans to retire and the rest seem in good enough shape to continue at least for the near future. I would hang in there and wait for European dates rather than dig yourself some massive hole of debt to fly to SA for a show.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 29, 2015 20:42

London Rio 615.71 quid return. What to do, what to docool smileyconfused smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 29, 2015 22:50

Once again we have site line issues.I will only give one example; Peru's national stadium has a soccer field. , which obscures the fans enjoyment. This crap must stop. Play clubs or arenas only. Am I asking too much?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 29, 2015 23:42

desertblues68

wait for London Gigs in 2016/2017
Jeroen

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 29, 2015 23:55

Chris Fountain
Once again we have site line issues.I will only give one example; Peru's national stadium has a soccer field. , which obscures the fans enjoyment. This crap must stop. Play clubs or arenas only. Am I asking too much?

Really, am I asking too much?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 30, 2015 01:10

Europe for sure in 2016 or 2017...There will be also the Exhibition!

Date: August 30, 2015 04:06

Looks like BV got enought confirmation to launch the 2016 SA tours page....

Thanks

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 30, 2015 04:08

Welcome to all IORRians come to Mexico!

well, must need an confirmation first...

Posted by: jackflash60 ()
Date: August 30, 2015 04:35

wouldn't it be cool if they did their usual warm up club gig at Sammy Hagars Wabo Cabo . .

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 30, 2015 08:43

jackflash60
wouldn't it be cool if they did their usual warm up club gig at Sammy Hagars Wabo Cabo . .

Really? A warm up club gig just before the tour ends?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 30, 2015 11:11

desertblues68

That's a no-brainer. Just do it!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 30, 2015 11:33

jackflash60

What about a warm up club gig in Jamaica? The country has a long association with one Stone, in particular.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 30, 2015 12:13

They just want to get the Keith solo album out, then it is time to announce the tour in South America. It looks like the most extensive tour in South America ever for the Stones, including Mexico, which is not South America, but still part of The Americas. They are filling in the gaps now.

Bjornulf

Date: August 30, 2015 13:28

...Very well,it seems that October will be a very interesting month for Stones activities!!smileys with beercool smiley

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: August 30, 2015 15:22

Chris Fountain

Yes, you are asking too much, sadly. In order for the Stones to come to Peru, they're going to want to make as much money as possible. Which means playing a stadium to draw as many people as possible. I was reading awhile ago that Paul McCartney recently played to a half full stadium in Peru, so it may be a soft market by South America's standards. I see lots of bands do Chile, Argentina, several shows in Brazil, and sometimes 1 show in Columbia. Sounds like the Stones are going all out in South America this time.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 30, 2015 15:36

bv
They just want to get the Keith solo album out, then it is time to announce the tour in South America. It looks like the most extensive tour in South America ever for the Stones, including Mexico, which is not South America, but still part of The Americas. They are filling in the gaps now.

Bjornulf, do you think there will be any Solo gigs from keef this year?? Please tell us something. Thanks
jeroen

Posted by: jackflash60 ()
Date: August 30, 2015 16:49

Quique-stone
jackflash60

Really? A warm up club gig just before the tour ends?

No. Just because it ends in Mexico, doesn't mean they cant do a warm up in Baja ..and I like the other thought of Jamaica someone suggested ..

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: August 30, 2015 19:51

Regarding Mexico City.

I've lived here my entire life, and I'm not going to come out here and say there isn't crime. But it's not what you guys are thinking, drug-related violence never really made it into the city, and "common" city crime isn't any worse than other big cities, and most of it doesn't actually happen in the areas of the city you'd want to stay at anyways. The local government has gone to great lenghts to make sure the touristy areas of the city are safe, and they are,, Last night I was walking around one of the main nightlife districts in the city at 3:30 am and felt perectly safe.
Just use common sense and don't go off the beaten path.

As for the venue, it's probably going to be Azteca Stadium, since the other venue they've played at (Foro Sol) closed a couple of months ago in order to accomodate the Formula 1 race that's taking place in November, though I'm not sure wether it's gonna open again after the Grand Prix. Unless they surprise us and play an arena or a theatre.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 30, 2015 20:18

bbeliko
Regarding Mexico City.

I've lived here my entire life, and I'm not going to come out here and say there isn't crime. But it's not what you guys are thinking, drug-related violence never really made it into the city, and "common" city crime isn't any worse than other big cities, and most of it doesn't actually happen in the areas of the city you'de want to stay at anyways. The local government has gone to great lenghts to make sure the touristy areas of the city are safe, and they are,, Last night I was walking around one of the main nightlife districts in the city at 3:30 am and felt perectly safe.

As for the venue, it's probably going to be Azteca Stadium, since the other venue they've played at (Foro Sol) closed a couple of months ago in order to accomodate the Formula 1 race that's taking place in November, though I'm not sure wether it's gonna open again after the Grand Prix. Unless they surprise us and play an arena or a theatre.

thumbs upThank you for your first hand local report.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 30, 2015 22:49

Just 13 shows? I thought it was supposed to be a 15-concert tour. Or can we expect more gigs than this 13... I think with the dates now theres not much space for another two ..?

Date: August 30, 2015 23:15

In my opinion could be that they add a couple of gigs if there will be request...I think about some places like Costarica,Ecuador,Puertorico and Cuba...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 31, 2015 00:15

I'm absolutely sure Mick's pulling some strings to play a free concert in Cuba. It's the kind of challenge he loves.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: August 31, 2015 01:37

bbeliko
Regarding Mexico City.

I've lived here my entire life, and I'm not going to come out here and say there isn't crime. But it's not what you guys are thinking, drug-related violence never really made it into the city, and "common" city crime isn't any worse than other big cities, and most of it doesn't actually happen in the areas of the city you'd want to stay at anyways. The local government has gone to great lenghts to make sure the touristy areas of the city are safe, and they are,, Last night I was walking around one of the main nightlife districts in the city at 3:30 am and felt perectly safe.

Pearl Jam is going to play at the Foro Sol on November 28, which is a show I actually have tickets for, so it's definitely an option for the Stones shows.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 31, 2015 10:17

dcba
I'm absolutely sure Mick's pulling some strings to play a free concert in Cuba. It's the kind of challenge he loves.

I think so too.

EDIT: spelling, spelling... smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-31 10:19 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Date: August 31, 2015 11:25

They want to play the biggest stadiums now, in South America, not smaller shows. They want to reach out to as many fans as possible at a lower price, just like in USA & Canada this summer, and Europe last year.

Bjornulf

Date: August 31, 2015 12:54

I get questions about where to go to see the best Stones shows. Brazil or Buenos Aires? Or may be other places. I don't like to compare shows and crowds, but it is a fact that the shows in Buenos Aires are legendary. Don't bring your kids, because the crowd at River Plate Stadium is moving around dancing, jumping up and down, just watch the great videos, and listen to "Saint Of Me" and "Out Of Control" from "No Security"... It is not dangerous but make sure you are sober and you have good shoes. Also, I would bet some of the other shows in South Ameria will be unique, may be Montevideo will be challenging BA, I am sure the fans in the Americas will make great shows early next year!

Bjornulf

Posted by: keeffan ()
Date: August 31, 2015 15:42

I know I'm a bit early with this but does anyone know how tickets are marketed in South America. Are they marketed by by a compamy similar to Ticketmaster/Ticketek as in Australia? Is it difficult for foreigners to buy tickets for Buenos Aires and Rio De Janeiro?

Cheers

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 51

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2210
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home