Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 51
Latin America Olé Tour 2016 confirmed
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 21, 2015 14:34

LATEST NEWS AS OF NOV. 5, 2015:

The Rolling Stones today confirmed their Latin America
Olé Tour 2016. For updates jump directly to the following pages in this thread:

Page 19 - [www.iorr.org]

OLD INFO POSTED JULY 21, 2015:

The Rolling Stones are rumoured to do the much talked about South America Tour early 2016, probably staring in February. According to leaked information available throgh press in Brazil, Sao Paulo might get two shows on Feb 21 and 23:

[musica.uol.com.br]

There has been rumours about Stones shows in Europe, NYC, Chicago, Toronto, UK, Japan and many other places this year, but the fact is these rumours are mostly dreams and hopes, not really any trusted rumours.

The only rumour that makes sense is the much talked about tour in South America. It was scheduled for the spring of 2015, then moved to the late fall of 2015, and the latest rumour is there are works on making the South America tour happening early 2016.

If the South America Tour is happening, it will probably include some 15 shows in Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, Peru as well as a few other countries in the Americas, but please do not expect any announcements soon.

If you have information related to tour rumours please e-mail the IORR editor at the address below. Thanks!

Bjornulf Vik - IORR Editor - E-Mail: iorr@arena.no

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-05 17:50 by bv.

Re: The Rolling Stones 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 21, 2015 14:37

Thanks for the info BV, appreciated.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: LadyJane ()
Date: July 21, 2015 14:47

And then depression set in. sad smiley

Thanks for the info BV.

Lots of time to replenish the Stones Slush fund.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: July 21, 2015 14:55

LadyJane
And then depression set in. sad smiley

Thanks for the info BV.

yeah me too sad smiley I had heard some banter about London this year but it looks like there is nothing too it

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 21, 2015 14:56

Hopefully some real Exhibitionism in London next year.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 21, 2015 15:03

Yeah well, too bad. But you never know with the Stones.
Jeroen

Hopefully Keef will do some solo gigs then , within the next few months?????????????????

Jeroen

Date: July 21, 2015 15:12

Just wondering why the SA leg was/is postponed....
Jeroen

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 21, 2015 15:15

They were only rumors from flag waving Argentinian fans, so how can they be postponed?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 21, 2015 15:25

Is it safe to assume there won't be any dates the rest of 2015? I would think probably yes since we'd have to be hearing about them very soon, and I guess people will say "you never know with the Stones" but it seems pretty certain that this is at least the last we'll hear of them until 2016.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 21, 2015 15:35

unfortunally it is what it is.. difficult to see the stones on stage in 2015.

Date: July 21, 2015 15:38

RollingFreak
Is it safe to assume there won't be any dates the rest of 2015? I would think probably yes since we'd have to be hearing about them very soon, and I guess people will say "you never know with the Stones" but it seems pretty certain that this is at least the last we'll hear of them until 2016.

If Bjornulf says there wont be any Stones gigs, then there wont be any.
Jeroen

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 21, 2015 17:08

corriecas
RollingFreak

If Bjornulf says there wont be any Stones gigs, then there wont be any.
Jeroen

Hmmm. On FB Bjornulf seems to be saying "there is a South American tour in 2016".

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: July 21, 2015 17:09

Keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks BV. I saw you in Columbus, in the field before the opening.

Date: July 21, 2015 17:23

I am stating quite clearly both here and on the IORR news that there are works on the way that should make the South America Tour happening early 2016. I am keeping my calendar 100% open for Feb-April next year.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: July 21, 2015 17:46

bv
I am stating quite clearly both here and on the IORR news that there are works on the way that should make the South America Tour happening early 2016. I am keeping my calendar 100% open for Feb-April next year.

Thanks for the updates BV! Do you think these shows are going to be stadium shows, or arena shows, or a mix of both? thanks!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 21, 2015 18:09

Gotta save and figure how to take time off. Going back to My hometown London next summer. First time in 14 years so hoping for a summer show to accompany the exhibit!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 21, 2015 18:22

Shows in SA are always in stadiums, I think.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 21, 2015 18:41

The rumor I've heard was a small KR tour this fall, and the boys getting back together sometime after Christmas.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: July 21, 2015 19:06

bv

You can't be clearer than that. Thanks Bjornulf

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 21, 2015 19:07

2015 is going to be a Stoneless year for me after 3 wonderful years and 4 magnificent performances in London and Berlin. Miss them so much, and had hopes for Knebworth. Hope to see them in the UK or Europe in the near futuresmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-21 19:09 by desertblues68.

Date: July 21, 2015 19:17

River Plate Stadium BA and so on. The most popular stadiums they do have in South America. Plenty in Brazil, always a Nationale stadium around. Similar to Zip Code but I am only guessing. Arena tour in South America does not make any sense to me.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 21, 2015 19:48

sarahunwin
Gotta save and figure how to take time off. Going back to My hometown London next summer. First time in 14 years so hoping for a summer show to accompany the exhibit!

Well be sure to come and visit me then .... Ms Sparkly Top !! cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: July 21, 2015 20:35

bv
If you have trusted information related to tour rumours please e-mail the IORR editor at the address below, so that sources and rumours may be checked out and verified. Thanks!

Not trying to be snarky here, but are you saying that if I hear a rumor from a good source, I need to email you so you can verify my source and then you will determine if my information may be posted so other fans can know about it?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 21, 2015 20:47

sdstonesguy
bv
If you have trusted information related to tour rumours please e-mail the IORR editor at the address below, so that sources and rumours may be checked out and verified. Thanks!

Not trying to be snarky here, but are you saying that if I hear a rumor from a good source, I need to email you so you can verify my source and then you will determine if my information may be posted so other fans can know about it?

It's a good question, I would hope that information from good and trusted sources can be posted here without the need for review by the moderator. Good and trusted sources are becoming rare here and I believe the comment from the gentleman who spoke to Bernard was what got people hopeful again about the SA plans, after we had specifically been told it was off because it was never on.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 21, 2015 20:49

For long range planning purposes, what South American country would be the safest (crime wise) for international travelers?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 21, 2015 21:12

jazzbass
For long range planning purposes, what South American country would be the safest (crime wise) for international travelers?

Depends which part of the country.... Brazil, for example, there is a huge difference between the different states..... certain parts of Rio at night, you don't visit while other cities are safe. Safest country could be Chile.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 21, 2015 21:16

jazzbass

Chile by a long shot, imho. Argentina was also pretty safe last time I was there. I've seen quite a bit of crime in Brazil, never been a victim but I will tell a short story of something I witnessed on a trip there.

Nice looking American couple walking down the beach in Rio, minding their own business. A group of about 5 or 6 kids no older than 14 or 15 sneaks up behind them and one of them rips down this tourists shorts, one keeps his hand occupied with some tussling, while another grabs his wallet which was stashed in his crotch. They run off before the guy has a chance to pull up his pants! eye popping smiley I was shocked at how quickly and well executed the theft was. I ended up consoling this couple and actually lent them some money so they could survive till they got things worked out. I never expected to hear from them again but to my surprise there was a letter waiting for me when I got home with a thank you note and more money than I had actually lent them. smoking smiley

Nothing against Brazil or it's mostly wonderful people but it's not a place to let your guard down from my experience.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 21, 2015 21:27

Naturalust
jazzbass

Chile by a long shot, imho. Argentina was also pretty safe last time I was there. I've seen quite a bit of crime in Brazil, never been a victim but I will tell a short story of something I witnessed on a trip there.

Nice looking American couple walking down the beach in Rio, minding their own business. A group of about 5 or 6 kids no older than 14 or 15 sneaks up behind them and one of them rips down this tourists shorts, one keeps his hand occupied with some tussling, while another grabs his wallet which was stashed in his crotch. They run off before the guy has a chance to pull up his pants! eye popping smiley I was shocked at how quickly and well executed the theft was. I ended up consoling this couple and actually lent them some money so they could survive till they got things worked out. I never expected to hear from them again but to my surprise there was a letter waiting for me when I got home with a thank you note and more money than I had actually lent them. smoking smiley

Nothing against Brazil or it's mostly wonderful people but it's not a place to let your guard down from my experience.

My wives stepbrother worked in a dentist clinic in Paranoá (Brasilia) (he had to do so as a part of his education for a year). During that year, everyday he had to bring money in the pocket ready to give to the thieves, else he would not be sure of being alive in the end of the day.

My wives cousin's sister-in-law and her boy-fried, one day they were sitting in a car in a more distant open parking-lot when a gang came buy and put the car on fire. Both of them burned to death.

So, yeah - Brazil can be a bit scary.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 21, 2015 21:33

I have been planning to go on this tour since early this year but I don't mind waiting as it will be an amazing experience to go to South America and see some Rolling Stones shows in some great places with lots of great fans and Febuary is a great time to leave London for a while and go away to warmer places.

Nate cool smiley

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: July 21, 2015 21:34

Time enough to record a new album thumbs up

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 51

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10