Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Midnight Rambler-best live version
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 28, 2022 06:09

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 28, 2022 06:12

Rockman
[/quote

Great photo Rockman.

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: August 29, 2022 03:00

1) 1973 LA earthquake show, it was a LONG encore. I've never found a bootleg but a KMET DJ played it the next night.

2) I don't know exactly what bootleg it is, but I think it's 1989/90 and Mick is on the harmonica at the end, really intense. Philadelphia?

Date: August 30, 2022 03:46

RockingLonestar
For me BrĂ¼ssel 1973 always was the outstanding Version. Now I think Roundhouse 1971 comes very close.
I think this one worked better from 69 to 75. The Version from 1989 on have not enough guitars interplay. Got better from 2012 on, especially 2015!

I agree with the first part of that. The same as most other people on here. 1969 and the '70's versions are the best in my opinion (especially up to 1973).

I would go with the Brussels '73 version first and then the Roundhouse '71 version ,then a few other '72/'73 versions and then 1969.

I would like to give honorable mention to the '99 No Security Tour b-stage versions,though. Especially the ones from Hartford and Boston. It was great to have Midnight Rambler back in the fold at that point after only being performed a handful of times in 1995 (mostly in South America) since August of 1990.

Prior to '89/'90 , it had been since 1976.Not at all in '78 or '81/'82 or '94 or '97/'98 and only around 5 performances in 1995.

So,by '99 it was due back in and they pulled it off extremely well.

It's almost always sounds good in concert,to be honest.2003,2005 in Virginia when they added it in as a result of the bomb threat delay,2006 in Japan,2012-2014 with Taylor.

It has suffered a little bit in recent years,as should be expected with their advancing collective age although still some very good performances from time to time.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 30, 2022 13:23

Terrific...
[youtu.be]

Posted by: steenhorst ()
Date: August 30, 2022 13:46

69 to 73 !!!!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 30, 2022 16:04

tommyturbo76
1) 1973 LA earthquake show, it was a LONG encore. I've never found a bootleg but a KMET DJ played it the next night.

KMET had an interview over the phone with Mick, and parts of MR from Ya Ya's. To date no audio of the MR encore has been released.

Mathijs

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: August 30, 2022 23:56

Sounds like you know a lot Mathijs. At least you acknowledge that MR was the encore, as I've seen that debated a lot. But I remember (I think it was..) Jim Ladd of KMET saying after playing the live MR that it was "from the concert last night" and indeed it was a soundboard of the show -- at least it seemed so to me, and I was there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-30 23:56 by tommyturbo76.

Date: August 31, 2022 09:27

tommyturbo76
Sounds like you know a lot Mathijs. At least you acknowledge that MR was the encore, as I've seen that debated a lot. But I remember (I think it was..) Jim Ladd of KMET saying after playing the live MR that it was "from the concert last night" and indeed it was a soundboard of the show -- at least it seemed so to me, and I was there.

I don't think it is debated at all that MR was played as an encore -it is mentioned by various newspaper reviews of the show, and there's a dozen or so photo's of Mick whipping his belt on the stage with Keith on the SG behind him, capo 8th fret.

Concerning KMET: I am not sure I would trust memory from 49 years ago.

Mathijs

Date: August 31, 2022 09:58

<capo 8th fret>

A unique version, in many ways, obviously? winking smiley

Date: August 31, 2022 11:07

DandelionPowderman

C major. A novelty for MR.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: August 31, 2022 13:43

This thread made me curious: did they ever play a BAD version of Rambler?

At times they might have rushed it, others they might have sounded on autopilot, but a true train wreck?

For me, always a highlight of every show I've seen or boot I've listened

C

Date: August 31, 2022 14:35

KRiffhard
Terrific...
[youtu.be]

It's a great version musically. I always like when Keith talks about Jagger's harp playing being 'the pure unadulterated Mick Jagger". he is such a fantastic harmonica player. But visually...I love when Jagger does his thing. But by '89 you can see that he has had trainers, and has made it a workout. I love Jagger's moves in '72 because it was so primal, and has never been matched.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 1, 2022 14:11

liddas

At times they might have rushed it, others they might have sounded on autopilot, but a true train wreck?

For me, always a highlight of every show I've seen or boot I've listened

C

thumbs up Quite so .

Date: September 1, 2022 14:57

DandelionPowderman

Aaaaaaaaahhhhh damn!

Mathijs

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: September 1, 2022 15:03

1969 Ya-yas version does it for me.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: September 1, 2022 17:16

I've always liked the slow middle part starting in this early version from Hyde Park 1969 ... the contrast of the guitars playing off each other and the fact Mick T and Keith were just forming a musical bond that created some great music over the next few years makes it interesting for me.

Surprised this YouTube version has only 1799 views as while its not a full version of the song, its nicely edited and starts at the cool part for me..

[www.youtube.com]

CHELSKEITH

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 1, 2022 20:56

MizzAmandaJonez
I've always liked the slow middle part starting in this early version from Hyde Park 1969 ... the contrast of the guitars playing off each other and the fact Mick T and Keith were just forming a musical bond that created some great music over the next few years makes it interesting for me.

Surprised this YouTube version has only 1799 views as while its not a full version of the song, its nicely edited and starts at the cool part for me..

[www.youtube.com]

CHELSKEITH

NICE. Thanks for posting this.

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: September 2, 2022 12:19

Nice, France 1976 ;
NYC, Madison Square Garden 2002 ;
Saitama, Japan 2006 ;
Paris, le Trabendo, France 2012...

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: September 2, 2022 19:19

Twickenham, London 2018, last gig in the UK with Charlie. A DVD must be released.
And many others...

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 4, 2022 12:46

Paris, 23/July/2022

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: September 4, 2022 14:37

liddas

C

Knebworth 76

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1392
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home