Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Track Talk: Till The Next Goodbye
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 22, 2019 01:00

mattleeuk
Actually there are 5 tracks (six takes), Carly was very happy that I sent them all to her.

35love
Wait a minute wait a minute
Doxa you’re my Jagger pal thru and thru
but do not go dragging Carly Simon into my GOLD Stones song.
A.) The ‘unearthed’ clip eye rolling smiley Matt Lee whips out of his back pocket
is nothing. Mick drunk @ 2 am tinkling the ivories maybe 30 seconds b4 bed.
Maybe he took her to bed, she sure likes to brag on her sex life.

I can’t guess guitar bits, but I can tell you this is no fillller.

Gorgeous lush perfection beauty of a song.

‘You give me a cure all from New Orleans
Now that's a recipe I sure do need’

JAZZ FEST 2019

Okay but y’all make sure Mick gets paid ;-)

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 22, 2019 06:01

Hope they do it live soon or last time.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 22, 2019 22:18

TravelinMan
I went back and listened, check out the alternate mix (or take) and it's easy to tell there are three acoustic guitars and who is on which.

Richards - acoustic and electric slide, left channel
Taylor - acoustic, center (1st chorus) then panned right channel
Jagger - acoustic, right channel

Listening to the album version, wow, they really needed Jimmy Miller to help mix this, jeez what an acoustic guitar mess after that first chorus.

No one is credited with mixing BEGGARS BANQUET, LET IT BLEED, STICKY FINGERS or EXILE but Andy Johns, who mixed GOATS HEAD SOUP was around for at least 2 of those 4 LPs and it's extremely unlikely that Jimmy Miller did any mixing for anything.

Keith Harwood recorded and mixed IORR.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 12, 2019 19:21

GasLightStreet
TravelinMan
I went back and listened, check out the alternate mix (or take) and it's easy to tell there are three acoustic guitars and who is on which.

Listening to the album version, wow, they really needed Jimmy Miller to help mix this, jeez what an acoustic guitar mess after that first chorus.

No one is credited with mixing BEGGARS BANQUET, LET IT BLEED, STICKY FINGERS or EXILE but Andy Johns, who mixed GOATS HEAD SOUP was around for at least 2 of those 4 LPs and it's extremely unlikely that Jimmy Miller did any mixing for anything.

Jimmy Miller himself said he mixed Tumbling Dice over 40 times. He was obviously there directing the mixing engineers. He was about as hands-on of a producer as can be.

Date: August 12, 2019 20:54

Aren't there two acoustic guitars played by Taylor on the choruses?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 12, 2019 21:16

Man I would love to hear some of those other TD mixes!

Date: August 13, 2019 04:38

TravelinMan
GasLightStreet
TravelinMan

Jimmy Miller himself said he mixed Tumbling Dice over 40 times. He was obviously there directing the mixing engineers. He was about as hands-on of a producer as can be.

Joe Zagarino mixed Exile, I'm assuming with Jimmy Miller and Mick Jagger in the room.

Date: August 13, 2019 04:41

DandelionPowderman

On the album or that "alternate" take, which really sounds like a different mix? For instance, I can't hear the second guitar that comes in on the intro of the alt. version on the record. If it's there, then it's mixed with the first guitar. On the record somebody (Taylor) is playing harmonics like "Wild Horses".

I listened earlier today, but I'll go back tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-13 04:42 by TravelinMan.

Date: August 13, 2019 08:47

TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman

On the album or that "alternate" take, which really sounds like a different mix? For instance, I can't hear the second guitar that comes in on the intro of the alt. version on the record. If it's there, then it's mixed with the first guitar. On the record somebody (Taylor) is playing harmonics like "Wild Horses".

On the record. Must be Taylor doing that double harmonics "Text Mex-thing".

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 13, 2019 17:56

The guitar fills after the first chorus on the E and B strings at 10th and 9th frets, to 8 and 7 and 5 to 7 and end on 3rd fret - I thought that was always Taylor.

Date: August 13, 2019 21:03

Jankovitz or whatever, said Jagger, Richards, and Taylor play acoustics and Taylor plays the slide. Not sure where he got his info, but it's Richards on slide to me.

Date: August 13, 2019 21:56

TravelinMan
Jankovitz or whatever, said Jagger, Richards, and Taylor play acoustics and Taylor plays the slide. Not sure where he got his info, but it's Richards on slide to me.

Indeed he is. Easy to spot the different styles smiling smiley

Date: August 13, 2019 23:00

DandelionPowderman
TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman

On the record. Must be Taylor doing that double harmonics "Text Mex-thing".

Yeah and he has a bunch of tasteful licks in the right channel too. With the piano and possibly three or four guitars, you really have to listen close for acoustic guitar runs. I wonder if he was in Nashville tuning.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: August 14, 2019 03:08

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-14 11:49 by Ket.

Date: August 14, 2019 17:17

About every six months or so, someone checks in grumbling about Keith's slide, and then a fairly mellow converse takes place about Taylor's mandolin type voicings on acoustic. There's what, 11 pages here? I bet they could be edited into 5 times the same discussion again and again. winking smiley

Date: August 14, 2019 18:30

If You Really Want To Be My Friend never gets the love and I like more then TTNG.

Jaggers vocal and backup singers and nice solo by MT.

Date: August 14, 2019 19:01

I found a cool Andy Johns interview. I’ll share later.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-14 19:02 by TravelinMan.

Date: August 14, 2019 19:06

Palace Revolution 2000
About every six months or so, someone checks in grumbling about Keith's slide, and then a fairly mellow converse takes place about Taylor's mandolin type voicings on acoustic. There's what, 11 pages here? I bet they could be edited into 5 times the same discussion again and again. winking smiley

Let's go for the Carly Simon/Taylor/Jagger/Richards songwriting-split again, then winking smiley

Date: August 14, 2019 19:08

OpenG
If You Really Want To Be My Friend never gets the love and I like more then TTNG.

It is lightyears better, imo. A good soul tune. Best on the album thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 14, 2019 19:14

DandelionPowderman
OpenG

I love IYRWTBMFriend.

Playing Can You Hear The Music and IYRWTBMFriend and Melody, of all songs, in a row, is incredibly interesting.

Date: August 15, 2019 14:00

DandelionPowderman
OpenG

finally! I have seen this song get overlooked or shafted again and again. I have always heard it as a counterpart to "Let it Loose". Another one of Jagger's superb soul performances.
I like the lyrics too, and the way the melody slides into the bridge "I know you think life is a thriller", and later "But you got a little charm around you". God I love that.

Date: August 15, 2019 18:01

Track Talk: Till The Next Goodbye new
Posted by: Palace Revolution 2000 ()
Date: August 15, 2019 14:00

DandelionPowderman
OpenG

It is lightyears better, imo. A good soul tune. Best on the album

finally! I have seen this song get overlooked or shafted again and again. I have always heard it as a counterpart to "Let it Loose". Another one of Jagger's superb soul performances.
I like the lyrics too, and the way the melody slides into the bridge "I know you think life is a thriller", and later "But you got a little charm around you". God I love that.

Yes you are spot on - another one of MJ's ballads in the key of C - shine a light comes to mind and that vocal like you said reminds you of Let It Loose.

Date: August 15, 2019 18:46

Keith's leslie-guitar is also Let It Loose-esque smiling smiley

Date: August 15, 2019 19:21

Yes that intro guitar is awesome walking down and up the D shape chord and then to that weird chord forget the name ( capo 3rd fret)

Date: August 15, 2019 19:30

OpenG
Yes that intro guitar is awesome walking down and up the D shape chord and then to that weird chord forget the name ( capo 3rd fret)

There is also one hard acoustic guitar strum. .. it comes when Jagger does "I;m high..I;m high..yeah" and then that D/Dsus strum.

I am remembering how great the song as we are talking about it. he starts ad libbing more as the song progresses. "...But just a little faith is all we need.."

Date: August 15, 2019 19:37

ack Talk: Till The Next Goodbye new
Posted by: Palace Revolution 2000 ()
Date: August 15, 2019 19:30

OpenG

There is also one hard acoustic guitar strum. .. it comes when Jagger does "I;m high..I;m high..yeah" and then that D/Dsus strum.

I am remembering how great the song as we are talking about it. he starts ad libbing more as the song progresses. "...But just a little faith is all we need.."

this LIT outtake with jagger vocal is just awesome

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 14, 2023 10:13

Why did the Louisiana recipes (Cider vinegar and elderberry wine) did not cure his illness. It seemed to help for the girl he sings the song for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-14 10:17 by jackflash27.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1309
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home