Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: STONESmust release another album
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 20, 2015 03:13

pftw04
They may be old,but not obselete so STONES should release another album and tour behind it,may be next year

do you think they would pass up the beatles if they released one more alubm?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 20, 2015 03:20

If they, or more precisely, if Mick Jagger thought they should put out a new album, then they would have done so ahead of the 2012 shows. It is no longer 1989, where they are middle-aged and still competing with the new up and coming stars. They now enjoy the status of "legends" and their legacy is more or less carved in, well, stone.

When people complain that the band are not doing enough at this late stage by simply touring and celebrating their legacy and song catalog, I am reminded of the title of a New York Dolls album:

One Day It Will Please Us to Remember Even This

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: July 20, 2015 09:34

Alot of people are more interested/captivated by mythology than reality. Its the same reason people think the beatles are vastly better than the stones ( the beatles are great by the way, id say equals). The beatles broke up while still popular with the young generation. They were all young still. Therefore they are better than the stones who didnt know when to quit. The old " better to burn out than fade away" myth. Truth is the stones are still an amazing band who have earned the right to tour and celebrate their legacy. Alot of people would like to see the stones put out a new album rivaling exile as a classic, then have them die at a new peak. All for "legacy". While a new album would be great, the stones dont have to do it. They are in their seventies, it is normal to slow down. Give them a break! I personally think though, they will release one more album soon.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: July 20, 2015 10:17

RollingFreak
Listen, I LOVED A Bigger Bang. I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I think it was far and away their best album since Tattoo You. Nothing else is even close.

I completely agree. Why is it completely ignored on their setlists?

Richards' decision to publish his album now is a statement in favour of continuing productivity. Jagger is overly careful. What if it doesn't sell? What if they want to listen to Let It Bleed instead? What if they show an empty look when new songs are played on stage? Well, then you enjoy yourself on stage instead of being a mere service provider to people who want to relive their youth. You could afford it.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 20, 2015 11:11

No, an album is absolutely not necessary
But I expect some great songs like "Doom And Gloom" in the near future.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 20, 2015 11:59

Naturalust
24FPS
They need new blood to kick their asses too.

Hey I know a ex-Stones virtuoso guitarist who just might be able to do that!
winking smiley

What they need least to kick their asses is an aging and unsucsessful ex-guitarist. They need ideas and they need Rick Rubin.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 20, 2015 16:53

HMS
Naturalust
24FPS

winking smiley

What they need least to kick their asses is an aging and unsucsessful ex-guitarist. They need ideas and they need Rick Rubin.

I'm guessing you never saw Taylor play with the Stones in 2012-2013. It was the highlight of the shows for many and he brought the musicianship up a couple notches. Age or success has absolutely nothing to do with it.

As far as producers go, I thought at one time this was the answer to getting a new Stones classic record but I'm not so convinced these days. I like Rick Rubin and maybe he could do something interesting, hard to say really.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 22, 2015 08:42

If they must release another album hopefully they'll release this...

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 22, 2015 13:32

Any one else have a sneaky feeling the glimmer twins just might enter a studio and record, some time soon. Its time i think. Everything is about timing.
How long does it take the stones to record an album these days. Any guesses..
If they started recording before Christmas and continued in the new year would it be possible to finish an album then maybe take it on the road next spring ??

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 22, 2015 13:36

If they release a new album i will buy it. It it has 19 songs, much better than 12. I need a new album, i enjoyed a lot ABB

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 22, 2015 13:44

HMS
Naturalust
24FPS

winking smiley

They need Rick Rubin...i agree.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 22, 2015 13:48

KRiffhard
HMS
Naturalust
24FPS

winking smiley

They need Rick Rubin...i agree.

Jagger has had some trouble and harsh words with Rubin, at the time of Wandering Spirit. He will never accept rubin as a producer, let alone talk to him.
Jeroen

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 22, 2015 14:00

Screw Rubin......Clapton is relatively inactive, get Doyle Bramhall II.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 22, 2015 18:21

keefriffhards
Any one else have a sneaky feeling the glimmer twins just might enter a studio and record, some time soon. Its time i think. Everything is about timing.
How long does it take the stones to record an album these days. Any guesses..
If they started recording before Christmas and continued in the new year would it be possible to finish an album then maybe take it on the road next spring ??

No. Don't be so absurd!

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: July 23, 2015 00:22

...they MUST...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2198
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home