Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: ALBUM TALK: Sticky Fingers
Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: December 29, 2015 04:27

I love this album. Just beautiful music there friends.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 13, 2019 15:33

I just bought a Japanese reissue of SF from the 70's. When opening I soon found out a nice lyrics sheet insert included.I also found out it has the most hilarious "alternate" lyrics I've ever seen.

Here's Brown Sugar lyrics as featured on the Japanese lyrics sheet:

"Girl comes, says she found a cotton field
Sold in a market down in New Orleans
Sky don't save her, no, it's turned on a ray
Hearing went the woman just around midnight

Brown sugar
How come you tan so good
Brown sugar
Just like a young girl should

Tom is taking cold English blood once hot
Lady of the house wondering where it's gonna stop
Half through I know is that he's doing all right
You should have heard him just around midnight

Ah, come on Brown sugar
How come you tan so good
Ah, come and give then up, just A BROWN SUGAR
Just like a black girl should

Now, I let you Mama was a treasure queen
And all the portraits of Sweet Sixteen
I know soon, why should I know they're alike
You should have heard him just around midnight

I said, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh
How come you, how come you, tan so good
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Just like a black girl should
Yeah, yeah, yeah"

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 17, 2019 03:52

HMS
Maybe their best album. Most following albums - except Black & Blue, Undercover and Dirty Work - are heavily suffering from too many fillers on it.

No true Stones fan would say such a thing.

HMS
What is there to say about these great, great songs on Sticky Fingers, that hasn´t already been said? I am afraid I can add nothing new.

Such hypocrisy from this buffoon.

Hilarious.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 17, 2019 05:02

HMS
bitusa2012
It's a Stones classic. The best ever album closer to this day that they ever released.

Totally disagree. Moonlight Mile almost ruins this masterful album. If I could have it my way, it would be removed from all further pressings. This very very strange and almost unlistenable song rather belongs to Their Satanic Majesties Request and even there it would be most unpleasing. One of my least-liked Stones-songs ever. How could they close this masterpiece with a song like Moonlight Mile, I will never understand that.

This is beyond hilarious, especially coming from someone that loves the worst album in Rolling Stones history.

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: February 17, 2019 05:14

With a head full of snow
With a head full of snow

Love those lyrics

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 17, 2019 05:23

esp if ya hoovering it at the same time Chester ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 17, 2019 06:08

Perfection.
High water mark.
maybe the highest.
fun to argue forever but NO ONE, i do not think,
would judge it less than GOLDEN, and for many it will
have got as much, or more, airplay than,
the other absolute stunning gifts that sort of Apex the ENTIRE genre
imho.
i got the blues is so huge a personal favorite i actually can't say more than that about it.
it's just so wonderful and warm; hurt as it is...and all that...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-18 07:56 by hopkins.

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: February 17, 2019 08:02

I was 14 in '71 and got this for Christmas. Whenever I hear a song off of SF, I'm right back there. Christmas lights, snow, candles, home from school on holiday break, smoking a joint in my room and listening to Side 2 through headphones. Moonlight Mile is sublime. I still get chills at the climax.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-17 08:04 by TheBadRabbit.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: February 17, 2019 16:54

GasLightStreet
HMS
bitusa2012
It's a Stones classic. The best ever album closer to this day that they ever released.

Totally disagree. Moonlight Mile almost ruins this masterful album. If I could have it my way, it would be removed from all further pressings. This very very strange and almost unlistenable song rather belongs to Their Satanic Majesties Request and even there it would be most unpleasing. One of my least-liked Stones-songs ever. How could they close this masterpiece with a song like Moonlight Mile, I will never understand that.

This is beyond hilarious, especially coming from someone that loves the worst album in Rolling Stones history.

Whatever happened to that clown? He could turn a post about anything into an opportunity to praise Dirty Work!

Sticky Fingers is perfection. I only regret that they waited a couple of years too long to perform it live in its entirety. The Fonda show is great, but imagine if they had done that with Mick Taylor and Bobby Keys on board?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 17, 2019 18:33

GasLightStreet
HMS
Maybe their best album. Most following albums - except Black & Blue, Undercover and Dirty Work - are heavily suffering from too many fillers on it.

No true Rolling Stones fan would consider those as true Rolling Stones albums.

Date: February 17, 2019 18:50

His Majesty
GasLightStreet
HMS

No true Rolling Stones fan would consider those as true Rolling Stones albums.

What's the definition of a true Stones fan?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 17, 2019 19:57

TheflyingDutchman

The people who wince at the sight of Tom Keylock's red sports jacket?

Date: February 17, 2019 20:16

His Majesty
TheflyingDutchman

The people who wince at the sight of Tom Keylock's red sports jacket?

I think the people who feel that anything the stones have played is good.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 6, 2020 15:35

I wanted to buy something Stones-related so I bought the Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe version and I'm enjoying it now. I'm looking at the people who worked on the album and noticed.. almost everybody died except the Stones themselves!

Living: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, Ry Cooder, Jim Price
Dead: Ian Stewart, Paul Buckmaster, Jim Dickinson, Rocky Dijon, Nicky Hopkins, Bobby Keys, Jimmy Miller, Jack Nitzsche, Billy Preston, Andy Johns, Jimmy Johnson, Doug Sax, Andy Warhol (well he worked on the cover concept..)

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: March 6, 2020 19:51

NilsHolgersson
I wanted to buy something Stones-related so I bought the Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe version and I'm enjoying it now. I'm looking at the people who worked on the album and noticed.. almost everybody died except the Stones themselves!

Living: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, Ry Cooder, Jim Price
Dead: Ian Stewart, Paul Buckmaster, Jim Dickinson, Rocky Dijon, Nicky Hopkins, Bobby Keys, Jimmy Miller, Jack Nitzsche, Billy Preston, Andy Johns, Jimmy Johnson, Doug Sax, Andy Warhol (well he worked on the cover concept..)

Ut oh!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 6, 2020 21:05

Magic album.
Gold Stones era with Mick Taylor.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 6, 2020 21:47

My very first Stones album, a Christmas present from my Brother and his wife in 1971.
There was no going back after that.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: March 7, 2020 22:54

LeonidP
fuzzbox
HMS
Moonlight Mile is awful in any way, hardly listenable.

Unbelievable statement!!!! Moonlight mile is just sublime one of their very best in my opinion.

John Nicholls

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: March 7, 2020 23:45

One of their greatest albums. Still love and play it from time to time from a to z.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: March 8, 2020 00:09

The only Stones Album I like better is Exile. I do skip Sway and You Gotta Move when I play it though. The only weak spots.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 8, 2020 21:33

stanlove
The only Stones Album I like better is Exile. I do skip Sway and You Gotta Move when I play it though. The only weak spots.

I'm sorry. YOU SKIP SWAY????? YOU THINK IT'S A WEAK SPOT?????

Please return your Stones fan resignation because that's actually the worst take I've ever read on here. angry smiley

Date: March 8, 2020 21:39

Return his resignation, no less eye rolling smiley

Date: March 8, 2020 21:53

SomeGuy

I always say to each their own on song opinions, but "Sway" is a literal MASTERPIECE. The song is heartbreaking, the lyrics are amazing, the guitar work from Jagger and Taylor are spectacular, Charlie's drumming is out of this world. There is not one bad moment in "Sway." It gives me chills every time I listen to it. I have tears in my eyes every time I play it. That's why it's my favorite Stones album cut (a step behind my fav "Street Fighting Man").

I almost dropped my laptop after reading that someone called it a "weak spot" and they skip the song because of it.

Date: March 8, 2020 22:05

JordyLicks96
SomeGuy

I always say to each their own on song opinions, but "Sway" is a literal MASTERPIECE. The song is heartbreaking, the lyrics are amazing, the guitar work from Jagger and Taylor are spectacular, Charlie's drumming is out of this world. There is not one bad moment in "Sway." It gives me chills every time I listen to it. I have tears in my eyes every time I play it. That's why it's my favorite Stones album cut (a step behind my fav "Street Fighting Man").

I almost dropped my laptop after reading that someone called it a "weak spot" and they skip the song because of it.

I agree with you completely (although I do know a guy who doesn't like the song either), but I was sort of amused by the phrase 'return your resignation', that was all.

Date: March 8, 2020 22:10

SomeGuy
JordyLicks96
SomeGuy

I agree with you completely (although I do know a guy who doesn't like the song either), but I was sort of amused by the phrase 'return your resignation', that was all.

Yeah, that didn't make much sense did it lol spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 8, 2020 22:15

JordyLicks96
SomeGuy
JordyLicks96
SomeGuy

Yeah, that didn't make much sense did it lol spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Ca n'importe pas, as the Irish have it smiling smiley
It's the thought that counts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-08 22:18 by SomeGuy.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 8, 2020 22:24

When the fan card already has been revoked a resignation is not required

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 9, 2020 04:27

Sticky Fingers is only later day Stones album to have Bill Wyman play on every cut. Coincidence that it's their greatest album?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 9, 2020 12:23

24FPS
Sticky Fingers is only later day Stones album to have Bill Wyman play on every cut. Coincidence that it's their greatest album?

Later day album? It was released nearly half a century ago!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: March 9, 2020 12:25

24FPS

He's not playing bass on You Gotta Move, though winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-09 12:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1438
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home