Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: U2 in Boston - seriously good!
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 20, 2015 13:43

keefriffhard4life
Happy24
keefriffhard4life
wish u2 would play more songs from POP live

It would be actually great if they played at least one song from POP :-) I personally wouldn't mind if they played the whole POP. Great album. Anyway, I will see them 4 times in September and I am really looking forward to it. This tour seems to be amazing. It took me a while to get into the new album, but I really like it now and I am glad they play so many new songs.

a deluxe version of POP would be great but considering its reputation i doubt it happens. look what they did with zooropa, just added it to achtung baby. lots of b side stuff for the POP singles though

When POP was released, U2 themselves expressed dissatisfaction with the record, saying the mixes were not good and that it would be good to re-mix the album one day. When they released The Best Of 1990-2000 a couple of years later, they made new mixes of the songs included. I was curious how would the songs improve, but they were pretty much the same as the originals. Which is good actually, since POP is just great the way it is and it would be great if U2 would finally admit they did a masterpiece back then and started to appreciate it the way the majority of fans does :-) and started to PLAY the damn songs!

It is just like with Acrobat - all, and I mean ALL the fans want to hear the song, but U2 will never play it. They say they don't know how to play it live. I don't get it, it is just like any other of their songs from that era. There is a bunch of very good live covers on Youtube. Hey, even I know how to play it :-)

Date: July 20, 2015 14:46

Happy24
keefriffhard4life
Happy24
keefriffhard4life
wish u2 would play more songs from POP live

It would be actually great if they played at least one song from POP :-) I personally wouldn't mind if they played the whole POP. Great album. Anyway, I will see them 4 times in September and I am really looking forward to it. This tour seems to be amazing. It took me a while to get into the new album, but I really like it now and I am glad they play so many new songs.

a deluxe version of POP would be great but considering its reputation i doubt it happens. look what they did with zooropa, just added it to achtung baby. lots of b side stuff for the POP singles though

When POP was released, U2 themselves expressed dissatisfaction with the record, saying the mixes were not good and that it would be good to re-mix the album one day. When they released The Best Of 1990-2000 a couple of years later, they made new mixes of the songs included. I was curious how would the songs improve, but they were pretty much the same as the originals. Which is good actually, since POP is just great the way it is and it would be great if U2 would finally admit they did a masterpiece back then and started to appreciate it the way the majority of fans does :-) and started to PLAY the damn songs!

It is just like with Acrobat - all, and I mean ALL the fans want to hear the song, but U2 will never play it. They say they don't know how to play it live. I don't get it, it is just like any other of their songs from that era. There is a bunch of very good live covers on Youtube. Hey, even I know how to play it :-)

a lot of the mixes on the singles for POP are awesome. i have most of them

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: July 20, 2015 15:33

The single remix of "Please" is the best thing on POP. The live version of "Please" is even better!

[www.youtube.com]

Saw U2 in Chicago on July 2nd. I've seen them 11 times since 1997. If that wasn't the best U2 show I've ever seen, it's definitely in the top 3. My only regret is that I didn't attend 2 shows in Chicago. I hope they come to Ohio next year! IMO there is no point comparing them to the Rolling Stones, Apples and Oranges, etc.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home