Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: U2 in Boston - seriously good!
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 16, 2015 18:35

Tremendous show last night at Boston Garden as U2 wrapped up their 4 night Boston dates. I'm a fan since Boy, this was I guess my 14th time seeing them going back to London 1981. I'm not one of their major fanatics, but a fairly serious fan. But I went into this show with some trepidation I must admit. Hadn't really been able to get into Songs of Innocence CD (as much as I tried) - and having just seen a totally kick ass Stones show in Buffalo Saturday, I was sort of ho hum - I'll go, but didn't really expect too much.
WOW - what a friggin' show. I mean, they totally blew me away. Can't compare it to other shows this tour (I will say if I had known it was this good, I would have caught another Boston show!). The sound and the staging was unreal. And to get Gloria - I could have gone home happy after that. And the SOI songs really 'make sense' live. Anyway - if (like me) there's any doubters out there who maybe are thinking about going to a NY (or Europe) show - GO. You will not disappointed. And, like me, you just might remember why you loved the band in the first place. Outstanding show. 'Better' than the Stones? Why compare? It was, IMHO, on the same level.
The set list:
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Gloria
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves
10 - Until the End of the World
---------- INTERMISSION: The Fly (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways
14 - Volcano
15 - Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - With or Without You
18 - City of Blinding Lights
19 - Bullet the Blue Sky / 19
20 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
---------- ENCORE BREAK ----------
21 - Beautiful Day
22 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Where the Streets Have No Name
23 - One
24 - "40"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 19:18 by DEmerson.

Re: OT: U2 in Boston - seriously good!
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 16, 2015 18:52

They wouldn't still be touring and as big as they are if they weren't still good. I think its similar to the Stones. Its fashionable to trash them, but the bottom line is they are still doing it better than 80% of the acts out there nowadays.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 16, 2015 18:56

wow, great setlist.

I hadn't a desire to see them again but looking at that makes me question my original decision.

Date: July 16, 2015 18:58

I loved The Stones in Buffalo and will be seeing U2 in NYC later this month. I won't be comparing - apples to oranges - but both taste great.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 16, 2015 19:50

That's a very cool set list indeed.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 16, 2015 19:52

jamesfdouglas
That's a very cool set list indeed.

Where ya been James? Nice to see you around.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:23

Saw them in Chicago after the Stones in Milwaukee. The audience was rabid, the band was hot, the sound was loud. Their new stage set up is incredibly innovative. I had cheap seats and a set of tickets in the ballyhooed RED ZONE...save your money the RED ZONE is another AEG way to take your money I suspect. We spent most of the time in our cheap seats where our view was better, great in fact. It was an awesome experience.

They will never replace the Stones for me, I would not follow them through several cities. But they are sure better on an off night during the tour than hanging around a 5 star hotel lobby /bar paying for over priced drinks hoping to get a glimpse of Chuck or Charlie's Granddaughter walking by, which is what way too many people I know do with their spare time on tour.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:20

I've gotten to liking SOI but not all of it. There is one or two great tunes, a few good ones and the rest, eh, whatever.

But the tour, from what I've been reading from various places, is incredible. The band, the set list - how they change a few songs here and there and are playing a decent bit of SOI...

At least they're actually touring the new LP.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:03

Mehh

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:33

Did "The Edge" (eye rolling smiley,how old is this lousy guitarplayer?) step off the edge of the stage again? That was a good one.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 00:36 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:36

RipThisBone
Did "The Edge" (eye rolling smiley,how old is this lousy guitarplayer?) step off the edge the stage again? That was a good one.

Thats so last month...Keith's trip fall is all the rage now. Get with it

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:37

Munichhilton
RipThisBone
Did "The Edge" (eye rolling smiley,how old is this lousy guitarplayer?) step off the edge the stage again? That was a good one.

Thats so last month...Keith's trip fall is all the rage now. Get with it

thumbs up smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 00:44 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 02:48

Flying into New York from Perth on July 22. I have tickets to the July 27 show at Madison Square Garden. A venue I have always wanted to visit since GYYYO. And I love U2...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 17, 2015 02:48

Stones50
Mehh

Mehhby?

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: July 17, 2015 04:33

I was at the show last night as well. Here is the video I took of Gloria:

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: BIGJAMFAN ()
Date: July 17, 2015 04:38

I just think they're boring. thumbs down

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 17, 2015 05:05

I could miss the first ten songs there and be FINE

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 17, 2015 05:59

Thanks for the video Batcave!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 17, 2015 09:35

I really enjoyed the show I saw in Denver. Not close to the Stones to me, but I am a fairly loyal fan and always try to see them at least once on every tour. This latest tour is very "fan friendly" with the oversized screen, long center ramp and b-stage.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 09:43

Great setlist..... Ballsy, unlike The Stones.

Posted by: jonnylamar ()
Date: July 17, 2015 10:14

each to their own but I find U2 unbearable I would rather see the stones on a bad night than U2 on a good night . the Yellow lenses on Bono (only elvis could carry that off), The name "the Edge" . I laugh everytime I hear it

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 17, 2015 10:14

Fantastic! Thank you!

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: July 17, 2015 11:04

kahoosier
the RED ZONE is another AEG way to take your money I suspect

sorry, you are wrong. it's a charity thing: the normal price of a floor ticket goes to U2/Live Nation (U2 are with them, not AEG). the extra price goes to the RED Campaign.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:22

I saw them Saturday night...indeed, great show.

I chose U2 over the Stones in Buffalo because (a) Boston is closer to where I live in CT than Buffalo, and (b) I'd only seen U2 once, 14 years ago, and I've seen the Stones 9 times.

I'm hoping the Stones play MSG later this year or next year...I will make sure not to miss that.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 17, 2015 16:06

BIGJAMFAN
I just think they're boring. thumbs down

You seem more like a grateful dead fan...if thats the case U2 is a no go for you...

Date: July 20, 2015 07:56

wish u2 would play more songs from POP live

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 20, 2015 09:42

keefriffhard4life

It would be actually great if they played at least one song from POP :-) I personally wouldn't mind if they played the whole POP. Great album. Anyway, I will see them 4 times in September and I am really looking forward to it. This tour seems to be amazing. It took me a while to get into the new album, but I really like it now and I am glad they play so many new songs.

Date: July 20, 2015 10:52

Happy24
keefriffhard4life

It would be actually great if they played at least one song from POP :-) I personally wouldn't mind if they played the whole POP. Great album. Anyway, I will see them 4 times in September and I am really looking forward to it. This tour seems to be amazing. It took me a while to get into the new album, but I really like it now and I am glad they play so many new songs.

a deluxe version of POP would be great but considering its reputation i doubt it happens. look what they did with zooropa, just added it to achtung baby. lots of b side stuff for the POP singles though

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 20, 2015 10:57

UB40 is SMASHING!

2 1 2 0

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 20, 2015 11:23

I didn't consider them a lot in the last 10 years, in fact i didn't buy the tickets for Torino in september (50 minutes from my Town), but i start to think that this time i made a mistake.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1237
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home