Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: OT: David Gilmour new album and tour
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 12, 2016 17:08

Gosh, I missed the WT links

David is playing in Chantilly (approx. 50 km north of Paris) on Saturday
Weather forecast is optimistic
GA standing tickets still available
Seats are sold out

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: July 12, 2016 21:24

Mr.D
Poland 6-25-16

Set 1:

5 A.M.
Rattle That Lock
Faces of Stone
Wish You Were Here
What Do You Want From Me
A Boat Lies Waiting
The Blue
Money
Us and Them
In Any Tongue
High Hopes

Set 2:

One Of These Days
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Dancing Right In Front of Me
Coming Back To Life
On An Island
The Girl In The Yellow Dress (with Leszek Mozdzer)
Today
Sorrow
Run Like Hell
Time / Breathe (Reprise)
Comfortably Numb

Good till July 19th:
[we.tl]

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 14, 2016 14:01

Chuck in Pompeii

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 01:08

To everyone from Germany! There are now some seats in all Price categories available on Eventim. Just scored good seat in the B block.

Date: July 25, 2016 06:17

Dear fellow Iorrians. Anyone traveling to Tienen/Tirlemont from Brussels on the 27? Show is set to end at 00:30, and the last train departs Tienen at 23:59. Would be very grateful if I could share a ride back to Brussels (will be staying at the Sofitel Le Louise, but anywhere downtown would be perfect). Many thanks.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 25, 2016 16:23

David sure seems to be enjoying himself. I hope he comes back to the States.

A good place to start would be as a surprise guest with Roger Waters at Desert Trip. Just sayin'....

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 25, 2016 23:41

rbk
David sure seems to be enjoying himself. I hope he comes back to the States.

A good place to start would be as a surprise guest with Roger Waters at Desert Trip. Just sayin'....

Now that would be sweet but a long shot.
Maybe chuck will mention this to
David.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 26, 2016 01:07

There is saying that Roger once had David´s face printed on his toilet paper, I personally wouldnt join a band led by a man who had my face on his toilet paper...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 26, 2016 03:18

HMS
There is saying that Roger once had David´s face printed on his toilet paper, I personally wouldnt join a band led by a man who had my face on his toilet paper...

I agree thats a childish sign of disrespect. However, the funny man in me's gotta applaud that hilarious concept. If I had a good friend that I then didn't speak to for 20 years only to finally reconnect with him and he told me he did that, I feel like I'd think thats hysterical.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 26, 2016 08:51

Having seen Roger 4 times and David twice, I'd take David over Roger any day. Roger's Wall is an amazing spectacle, but with a lot of songs being sung by a David impersonator and with a Roger using pre-recorded vocals in some parts. It is not a rock show, it is a spectacle. The best I have ever seen, but really mostly a spectacle. David gives you almost 3 hours of pure music. After finally having seen him this year, I have nothing but words of respect for him. He would fit the Desert trip way better than Roger, that is my opinion.

Date: July 26, 2016 18:18

Happy24
Having seen Roger 4 times and David twice, I'd take David over Roger any day.
Same here, seen both in the last 5 years, would take David anyday, even if it means half the show is his solo material.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: July 26, 2016 20:47

Both show in Nimes were great

Here with Chuck:

with david:

more pics here
[rockerparis.blogspot.fr]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 26, 2016 22:27

Happy24
Having seen Roger 4 times and David twice, I'd take David over Roger any day. Roger's Wall is an amazing spectacle, but with a lot of songs being sung by a David impersonator and with a Roger using pre-recorded vocals in some parts. It is not a rock show, it is a spectacle. The best I have ever seen, but really mostly a spectacle. David gives you almost 3 hours of pure music. After finally having seen him this year, I have nothing but words of respect for him. He would fit the Desert trip way better than Roger, that is my opinion.
I was shocked by how much of The Wall was pre-recorded. I watched Roger closely, and realized there was NO WAY a man in his mid-60s was singing that forcefully. And after watching even more closely, I finally saw little cracks in the lip sync facade. I still enjoyed the show but it was very disappointing that so much of the show was completely staged.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 26, 2016 22:42

keefriff99
Happy24
I was shocked by how much of The Wall was pre-recorded. I watched Roger closely, and realized there was NO WAY a man in his mid-60s was singing that forcefully. And after watching even more closely, I finally saw little cracks in the lip sync facade. I still enjoyed the show but it was very disappointing that so much of the show was completely staged.

Yeap, I have also seen Roger from very close distance and have exactly the same experience. The easiest comparison is to play the current The Wall DVD and then the Live 8 gig from 2005, which was 100% live. Roger sounds completely different, 100% better now. If it only wasn't with the help of a tape. As much as I like his music and well, I have enjoyed his show (I wouldn't have gone 4 times otherwise, right?), whenever I think about his "singing," Britney Spears pops up in my head, which is not right, nor pleasant. It is just completely wrong for a rock star.

David's shows on the other hand are absolutely brilliant, with all the minor imperfections that live music brings...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-26 22:44 by Happy24.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 7, 2017 02:18

Gilmour at Pompeii one night only in theaters 9/13:

[www.davidgilmourcinematickets.co.uk]

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 13, 2017 18:12

Gilmour at Pompeii one night only in theaters tonight. I`ll be there.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 14, 2017 00:56

`t was great. -love the extended solo of "In Every Tongue".

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: September 14, 2017 01:09

And chuck l doing the CN vocal - what a surprise

Date: September 14, 2017 05:59

Just got home, way to go Chuck!

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home