Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: OT: David Gilmour new album and tour
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 13, 2016 02:04

Yes, it is true his set lists are prett static. Even to where he was doing a lot of songs he did on his last tour, which was quite a while ago! But having said that, it was an amazing show!

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 13, 2016 03:29

I was amazed how much better he sounded in NYC that at the tour opener at Hollywood Bowl!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 13, 2016 22:43

I have not stopped hearing amazing things about NYC. I probably should have gone, but Gilmour was always destined to be a show I just kept missing. Could never pull the trigger on his prices.

Date: April 21, 2016 18:51

Montrealsuperfan
I went to both Toronto shows and was blown away. Virtuoso playing by the whole band and an excellent set list and great light show.

Only disappointment- the exact same set list both nights- don't complain about the Stones not mixing it up!

Agreed on Toronto shows WOW!, not so much on the setlist. This was Gilmour's first NA tour in 10 years and a fourth of the set was new songs from his 2015 album release.

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: May 20, 2016 15:01

Interesting news: Chuck Leavell will join David Gilmour on the upcoming European leg of the tour.

Brain Damage

sjouke

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2016 18:26

Sjouke
Interesting news: Chuck Leavell will join David Gilmour on the upcoming European leg of the tour.

Brain Damage

sjouke

Hard to imagine Money, Us and Them, Time, Wish You Were Here, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Run Like Hell, etc. with some honky tonk piano solo's... smiling smiley

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 20, 2016 19:22

Hairball
Sjouke

Brain Damage

sjouke

Hard to imagine Money, Us and Them, Time, Wish You Were Here, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Run Like Hell, etc. with some honky tonk piano solo's... smiling smiley

grinning smiley True.
I don't like Gilmour last album, I prefer 'On an Island'.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2016 20:02

pepganzo
Hairball
Sjouke

Brain Damage

sjouke

grinning smiley True.
I don't like Gilmour last album, I prefer 'On an Island'.

I agree - On an Island is better.
I tolerate his last album - there's only two tunes I quite like:
'A Boat Lies Waiting', and the instrumental 'And Then...' that closes the album.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 28, 2016 17:11

Pretty big shake-up for Gilmour's band. Prior commitments for Jon Carin (getting ready for a Waters tour?) but Manzanera? Maybe he needed a "better" guitar player to fill in for the parts played by Carin?

PS - yes that's it : [www.pinkfloydz.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-28 17:13 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 26, 2016 14:26

I will see Gilmour tomorrow and wanted to ask those who already did:

- It is an all-seated concert. However, do people remain in their seats untill the end, or do they stand and go to the front of the stage for the encore as is quite usual with all-seated concerts?

- Is there a support band?

- Does Dave usually start around the time that is stated on the ticket (8 p.m.), or shall I be prepared for a longer wait?

Thanks

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: June 26, 2016 15:00

I saw Dave last April in NYC. My seat was on the floor of MSG and for the most part, people sat down during the show. There was no supporting band and he did start on time.

Enjoy

Date: June 26, 2016 15:35

Thanks custom! What i meant with the sit / stand question is whether towards the end of the show are people allowed to leave their seats and go to the front of the stage? That would be really nice, I experienced it a couple of times and it always lifted the mood quite a bit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-26 15:36 by Happy24.

Date: June 27, 2016 00:40

Apparently last night show in Poland was broadcast on TV there? Hoping to find the proshot footage someplace!

Date: June 27, 2016 12:16

Ah that's why I saw great vids pop up on YT this morning including Chuck singing the beginning of CN, all the vids seem to have been "blocked by PF on copyright grounds" now unfortunately.

EDIT - I've tracked down the footage (first set in HD, second set in SD only apparently), will download it and upload it to Mega. Should be done later today hopefully!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-27 12:21 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 27, 2016 13:16

[www.dimeadozen.org]

David Gilmour
Europejska Stolica Kultury,
Wroclaw, Poland
2016-06-25

PRO, HDTV 1080i

Setlist :

01 5 A.M.
02 Rattle That Lock
03 Faces of Stone
04 Wish You Were Here
05 What Do You Want From Me
06 A Boat Lies Waiting
07 The Blue
08 Money
09 Us and Them
10 In Any Tongue
11 High Hopes

Length: 01:11:01
This is part one.

Date: June 27, 2016 15:27

Apparently there is a "glitch free" version here : [www.dimeadozen.org] downloading it now.

In light of the fact that the links are being pulled on YT, if you need Part 2 send me an email ;-)

--------------

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 27, 2016 18:31

A complete version downloadable from WT or mega would be highly appreciated.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 28, 2016 00:41

I don`t think Gilmour`s latest album is that great. The songs are too different. There ain`t any flow.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 28, 2016 00:49

It isnt great indeed.
But at least it´s less boring than the one before. I´d like to say it is one more album that hardly anyone really needs.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 28, 2016 04:16

HMS you just seem to be so opposite of good taste! On an Island was a fantastic album, probably his best. You seem to go out of your way to be contrary and seem to like the nadir of so many artist musical output. I wonder at times if you just do that to provoke controversy and drama... ?

I agree Gilmour's latest is no way near as good as On an Island. However, it is still a good release, with some very good playing. At the end of the day, it is evident that Gilmour continues to be an amazing guitarist, and I felt the show I saw, his voice was also very strong.

Date: June 29, 2016 03:33

I've been using Convertxtodvd to try to put the video onto a dvd but all I get is that opening screen and concert audio for the whole disc, I wonder if it has some sort of tv chromo or something like the raw Stones feed from Glastonbury in '13...remember?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 1, 2016 19:52

So WTF, he played One Of These Days the other night in Poland?!! Thats my favorite Floyd song! Trying to find video but all of them have the audio removed for copyright reasons!

Date: July 1, 2016 20:59

Poland 6-25-16

Set 1:

5 A.M.
Rattle That Lock
Faces of Stone
Wish You Were Here
What Do You Want From Me
A Boat Lies Waiting
The Blue
Money
Us and Them
In Any Tongue
High Hopes

Set 2:

One Of These Days
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Dancing Right In Front of Me
Coming Back To Life
On An Island
The Girl In The Yellow Dress (with Leszek Mozdzer)
Today
Sorrow
Run Like Hell
Time / Breathe (Reprise)
Comfortably Numb

Good till July 8th:
[we.tl]

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 1, 2016 21:34

I went to all three Chicago shows and am so happy I did, he was awesome.

Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: July 2, 2016 01:12

i have Tickets for the german Show in Wiesbaden, the 18th of July.
Saw him last Year in Oberhausen, Germany. He realy is amazing......

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: July 2, 2016 15:00

Mr.D
Poland 6-25-16

Set 1:

5 A.M.
Rattle That Lock
Faces of Stone
Wish You Were Here
What Do You Want From Me
A Boat Lies Waiting
The Blue
Money
Us and Them
In Any Tongue
High Hopes

Set 2:

One Of These Days
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Dancing Right In Front of Me
Coming Back To Life
On An Island
The Girl In The Yellow Dress (with Leszek Mozdzer)
Today
Sorrow
Run Like Hell
Time / Breathe (Reprise)
Comfortably Numb

Good till July 8th:
[we.tl]

Thnx for this post

Date: July 8, 2016 18:46

I am a bit late with this, but I post my photos I took at David's concerts in Vienna the last week. It was my first (and second) time seeing him and I absolutely loved it. I was very much looking forward to those concerts and it fulfilled my very high expectations. Those gigs are up there with the absolutely very best I have ever seen.

27/6:

[www.flickr.com]

28/6:

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 8, 2016 19:26

I consider myself very lucky to have scored seats for Gilmour in Chicago on 8th April... I'd been waiting patiently for 10 years(!) since his last US shows to try and see him solo. I'd seen The Floyd several times in '87 and '94, but his influence on me had grown even more since then.

I'm not one to keep my cell airborne during a gig, but found myself snapping a shot at the start of nearly every song, as the lighting and effects morphed for each tune... I have a killer shot for my wallpaper now and can choose from many more! Seems the cell phone has replaced the lighter as the aerial salute of choice these days...

If you like David or Pink Floyd at all, make the opportunity to witness one of the greats if he ever gives you the chance. You won't regret it!

Date: July 8, 2016 22:15

TKinOH
I consider myself very lucky to have scored seats for Gilmour in Chicago on 8th April... I'd been waiting patiently for 10 years(!) since his last US shows to try and see him solo. I'd seen The Floyd several times in '87 and '94, but his influence on me had grown even more since then.

I'm not one to keep my cell airborne during a gig, but found myself snapping a shot at the start of nearly every song, as the lighting and effects morphed for each tune... I have a killer shot for my wallpaper now and can choose from many more! Seems the cell phone has replaced the lighter as the aerial salute of choice these days...

If you like David or Pink Floyd at all, make the opportunity to witness one of the greats if he ever gives you the chance. You won't regret it!

Absolutely agree! Did both Toronto shows for what the first 50 minutes of a RS show would cost.

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: July 12, 2016 16:10

Fantastic show in Verona! And I didn't know Chuck gets the honor to sing Roger's part in Comfortably Numb thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home