Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19
Re: Quebec QC Canada 15-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 16, 2015 16:57

gotdablouse
Jr would be Marlon I take it?

You take it correct :E

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 16, 2015 17:20

with sssoul
Green Lady

What a fantastic shot - Green Lady, you know what I'm about to ask! :E
Who took it? Do you have any way to retrace your steps to where you found it?

First tweeted by someone called "TimothyHollywoodKhan" at about four o'clock this morning, so I suppose it's his:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 16, 2015 17:43

ohotos
Manofwealthandtaste
Beast
ohotos
I will be away from here for a while, too much work in the next couple days. Will try to post a short review soon though.
I hadn't planned on Periscoping a lot, only wanted to do one or two songs but as everybody kept asking nicely I continued. I also didn't see many others scoping from QC so I kept going. The stage was quite high so holding the phone up didn't bother that much as I had to look up anyways.

You did a great job from the little I've so far watched while catching up from the other side of the pond - many thanks! I'm of course hoping that you'll save your scopes for posterity before the 24 hours is up?! I'm not sure how it works but I believe that option is available? Please and thank you!!...

Yes, I will second that request from across the water.....please save if possible as may not have the chance to watch them all today!
Thanks. I have them all saved on my phone and can probably put them in Dropbox or something next week when I have some time.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Posted by: RS ()
Date: July 16, 2015 17:53

Green Lady

pic by Claude Beauregarde on Twitter

Sad to think we won't be doing this again for a while. Can't say I will really miss having to wake up at 2.30 a.m. though. Anyway, they are saying "let's do this again sometime" here...

[www.youtube.com]

I think something is going to happen...
Especially if Charlie says yes!>grinning smiley<

-RS

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: July 16, 2015 18:40

I would also like to thank all the periscopers and photo sharers who contributed these last couple of months. I only attended one show on this tour (drove to Pitt from NYC) but made it a point to try follow as many as the last few shows as possible on here. I truly believe this band will schedule more journeys...but in life you never know...so every moment we can catch them on stage should be cherished. When they're gone there will never be anything remotely like them.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: July 16, 2015 18:49

FeelinRealWell
I would also like to thank all the periscopers and photo sharers who contributed these last couple of months. I only attended one show on this tour (drove to Pitt from NYC) but made it a point to try follow as many as the last few shows as possible on here. I truly believe this band will schedule more journeys...but in life you never know...so every moment we can catch them on stage should be cherished. When they're gone there will never be anything remotely like them.

They really seem to be having too much fun to want to stop it. Seriously, I've seen them over every tour since 1995 and I've never seen them this happy. Ronnie was jumping up and now, Keith was smiling and not posing and Mick/Charlie were having a great time. I really can't see them stop anytime soon, as long as their health allows them to.

Date: July 16, 2015 19:04

Brstonesfan
Maybe it's not over??? Stones thank for 2015 tour:

[youtu.be]

Mick: "What do you think, Charlie?"

Charlie: "Yes!"

Ronnie, Mick& & Keith: (Cheer)

Made my day! grinning smiley

Also, is it a good sign that they're using the somewhat obscure Voodoo Lounge tune, 'Sparks Will Fly', or am I reading too much into that?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 16, 2015 19:28

relms
I am not sure exactly how it works, just adding an idea... Does one admission (wristband) to this festival give one entry into all of the shows over a 2 week period or something? That might explain the huge number, maybe?

Every wristband has a bar code and was scanne as we entered, so they know exact numbers somewhere, necessary for crowd control and Insurance I expect.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 19:43

Irix
The Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man - Festival d’été de Québec

Too slow, too pop, too polite... Don't like it.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 19:45 by powerage78.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 16, 2015 19:51

powerage78
Irix
The Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man - Festival d’été de Québec

Too slow, too pop, too polite... Don't like it.

I agree, SFM was missing something for me last night too. I think you might have nailed the reason why....but Wild Horses more than made up for it. They are so good at playing that tune these days and of course any sad sentiments were close to the surface for me thinking realistically that this could truly be the last show.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 16, 2015 19:55

SomeTorontoGirl
relms
I am not sure exactly how it works, just adding an idea... Does one admission (wristband) to this festival give one entry into all of the shows over a 2 week period or something? That might explain the huge number, maybe?

Every wristband has a bar code and was scanne as we entered, so they know exact numbers somewhere, necessary for crowd control and Insurance I expect.

I meant as far as... 93,000 tickets were sold for one Stones concert? Wow that is a lot, but it is more like they sold... actually I am not sure what they did or how it works, or how long it all lasts or how many acts are there during the entire festival. If I lived close I would know everything.

But it is cool that 93,000 saw them last night and seemed to enjoy it, I know I enjoyed what I was able to hear on the scope.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 16, 2015 20:35

Like to get final attendance figures for all shows and total gross...saw on another board that Atlanta only had 42k, Indy 49k...surprised as Indy seemed larger...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:09

OMG! How awesome is this?

"Keith and Rita Bedard. My blind angel from Toronto."

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 16, 2015 21:17

emotional....

Date: July 16, 2015 21:19

You Can't Always Get What You Want:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: July 16, 2015 21:30

[consequenceofsound.net]

[www.lifeinquebec.com]

reviews of last night in English...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 22:25 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:42

OMG, that picture of Keith and his "blind angel" made me cry, how sweet is that! Nice to see he hasn't forgotten her over all his fortune and fame but then he doesn't strike me as someone who would.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:44

Brstonesfan
If S. America is off(?), I just don't know what markets they can hit again? Do you really think the Northeast can support enough shows like in 2013?

Yes.

Date: July 16, 2015 23:20

andrewt
Brstonesfan
If S. America is off(?), I just don't know what markets they can hit again? Do you really think the Northeast can support enough shows like in 2013?

Yes.

Agreed. U2 is doing 5 or 6 MSGs, so the Stones shouldn't have any problem.

Date: July 17, 2015 00:32

Unfortunately U2 is much more popular than Stones as we see even on Stones boards.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:54

Brstonesfan
Unfortunately U2 is much more popular than Stones as we see even on Stones boards.

Thats because U2 doesn't charge $650 for a ticket!!! The arena tour turned off a lot of people. Then they did stadiums and a whole different group of people were ticked off that the $350 tickets took up some very mediocre sections.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 17, 2015 02:29

Aftermath - this evening, courtesy of Syrel:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 02:31 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 17, 2015 02:37

Cristiano Radtke
OMG! How awesome is this?

"Keith and Rita Bedard. My blind angel from Toronto."

[www.facebook.com]

Keith >>> smileys with beer

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: July 17, 2015 02:43

Yep, I think we can safely conclude that De La Soul are not as popular as the stones. Being here when it's fairly empty makes you realise just how enormous it is/ how immense the crowd was last night.

Syrel

Date: July 17, 2015 03:13

flacnvinyl
Brstonesfan

Thats because U2 doesn't charge $650 for a ticket!!! The arena tour turned off a lot of people. Then they did stadiums and a whole different group of people were ticked off that the $350 tickets took up some very mediocre sections.

It's the Stones ...they are priceless.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 17, 2015 03:22

Thru and Thru
OMG, that picture of Keith and his "blind angel" made me cry, how sweet is that! Nice to see he hasn't forgotten her over all his fortune and fame but then he doesn't strike me as someone who would.

Keith don't forget. Never. He is taking care of the fans and everybody around him. I do still remember what he said at SarsStock Toronto Canada 2003:

"We are all here for weired reasons"

I was flying in from the European tour, I just could not miss any shows at all that summer of 2003...

Just an example, I could mention so many:

I was at the B-stage Keith side right on the rail for all of the three MSG shows in NYC Jan 1998. At the 2nd show Keith threw a pick my way, it was intended for me, he had seen me, but it missed it. So on the next song I reached out my hand. He leaned over, placed the pick into my hand, then closed my had with his hand like saying: "This pick is for you".

The full story here:

[www.iorr.org]

Those days I used to post under other names, like Ed Beaver or Ola Dunk and so on, because some people were envious of my travel and all the shows I went to. I just got fed up of it so I went under the radar. Now I don't care anymore. I post whatever I like whenever I feel like it. That is how it is to be a Grandfather.

Bjornulf

Date: July 17, 2015 03:34

Keith's people were very nice to me as well. In hotel in Memphis (Peabody) his secuirity guy went to room and gave us 5 Keith picks....
Mick's people not so nice as I was in Boston suite and he is walking out of grandsons room and we try to say hello but security was very impolite. A grown man and children so not like a crazy fans...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 05:04 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: July 17, 2015 04:52

Zip Code was a great tour. I enjoyed following these threads all the way. I regret not making an effort to see more shows live, or getting closer to the stage here in Atlanta. You never know if the opportunity will ever happen again.

I'm grateful that the Stones have been so good about allowing periscoping and recording, and have been even better at consistently officially releasing live material, so that the fans can get as much as they can with the best audio and video possible. It's really nice, and it can't be overstated how cool it is to be able to follow the tour and see/hear the shows either in real time or almost immediately afterward.

It's always a little sad at the end of the tour. Life takes unexpected twists, and nothing is guaranteed. I hope they will be back on the stage soon, they are definitely firing on all cylinders for two tours in a row.

I really hope that they can take this positive energy and go into the studio now. I'm dying for a new album!

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 17, 2015 06:03

wow, 102,000 people according to Mick!

Date: July 17, 2015 06:04

alieb
wow, 102,000 people according to Mick!

Did they play to 100k in Europe ???

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home