Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Comparing the 50 & Counting, 14 on Fire, and Zip Code Tours
Date: July 15, 2015 09:04

Tonight I was reflecting on the two shows I saw this tour (Pittsburgh & Buffalo), and decided to make some spreadsheets to help me compare them with each other and my only other Stones show, June 6, 2013 in Toronto. It got me wondering which of these past three tours was the best, which shows have been the best, which versions of certain songs have been the best (Midnight Rambler for example), etc. Very curious what everybody thinks!

Re: Comparing the 50 & Counting, 14 on Fire, and Zip Code Tours
Date: July 15, 2015 09:05

Forgot to mention, my apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: July 15, 2015 09:23

I loved the 50 and Counting shows I saw in London (O2 and Hyde Park) but I think the 14 on Fire shows I saw in Lisbon and Paris were even better - the band were much tighter by 2014 and Keith was playing great.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 15, 2015 12:33

Spreadsheets? Good grief, I know when I'm out of my league. I won't be expressing an opinion here.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 15, 2015 18:16

Well i don't know if its just me but Keith is the show inside the show. For me what has changed over the last 3 years of the stones touring is that Keith has become more mobile more dominant and just plain better. For that reason i think these last 15 shows have been the best. Mick, Charlie and Ron are always ready, always in top Gear and have been waiting for Keith to get up to pace, and now just as Keith is BACK to his old self, its all over again. Keith has always been the one that gets better as the tours progress. I have always wondered just how good Keith may have become if he played in a band that toured more frequently through the years. they have had some long lay off's. I mean Mick just has to remember the words and get fit, but its harder as Keith gets older, to work on getting all 6 cylinders firing. Just hope the winos tour now while he is on fire !!!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 15, 2015 21:05

keefriffhards
Well i don't know if its just me but Keith is the show inside the show. For me what has changed over the last 3 years of the stones touring is that Keith has become more mobile more dominant and just plain better. For that reason i think these last 15 shows have been the best. Mick, Charlie and Ron are always ready, always in top Gear and have been waiting for Keith to get up to pace, and now just as Keith is BACK to his old self, its all over again. Keith has always been the one that gets better as the tours progress. I have always wondered just how good Keith may have become if he played in a band that toured more frequently through the years. they have had some long lay off's. I mean Mick just has to remember the words and get fit, but its harder as Keith gets older, to work on getting all 6 cylinders firing. Just hope the winos tour now while he is on fire !!!

I agree that a well functioning Keith seems to really help the overall feel and success of the shows but I must say you are underestimating what it takes for Mick to pull off a good show...much more than just getting fit and remembering the words, imo. I think we tend to take for granted that Mick will perform well but singing and performing as he does requires more effort, preparation and internal power than just playing the guitar and is probably more important to the success of the overall show too. Just my opinion of course. smoking smiley

As far as comparing the tours, I would say any tune that Taylor played on was better than anything this tour and a couple of the guest spots last tour (like Bonnie Raitt) were fantastic, but that the band seems to be playing better overall on the Zip Code tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-15 21:13 by Naturalust.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home