Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Appreciation for the contributors on IORR
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 14, 2015 23:51

Let's hear it for all of the members who contribute to making this such a valuable, enjoyable and informative site - posters who offer information, expertise, memories, enthusiasm and diverse opinions. I am not singling anyone out for praise, and I hope following posts will not do so either. Such posts invariably make others feel unappreciated. Everyone's contribution is valuable.

So - to us. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-14 23:52 by Bliss.

Re: Appreciation for the contributors on IORR
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 15, 2015 00:07

Them's my feelings, too, Bliss. The only contributions that don't have value are the "I'm being deliberately controversial, I dare you to ban me because I'm such a rebel and a badass," and even those might be valuable if they were entertaining (which they haven't been yet). But as for everybody else's contributions--let's drink to the salt of the earth! smileys with beer

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 15, 2015 00:36

Group hug with you two? I'm all in!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 15, 2015 00:48

Ok. smileys with beer

Free Beer Tomorrow?

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 15, 2015 01:11

I like this thread. Cheers to us! smileys with beer

Posted by: SanctifiedMind ()
Date: July 15, 2015 01:21

Cheers and many thanks to those who take the time to process and post so many shows! Always enjoy the fascinating discussions of guitars, tunings, archival photos, evolutions of songs, etc., oh and some of the hilarious and witty exchanges.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 15, 2015 01:32

It's definitely a group thing when it comes to contributions, and well done to you all. smileys with beer

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 15, 2015 03:39

I love you all...and I would say that even without the bottle of wine. Cheers everyone, great thread Bliss. drinking smiley

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: July 15, 2015 03:53

Agree with the spirit of the thread. I particularly enjoy going back into the 90s to read reports of past tours and being reminded of some of the things I enjoyed seeing in person.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 15, 2015 03:58

Nice thread, Bliss. Cheers to everybody! smileys with beer

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: July 15, 2015 04:15

I have really appreciated the contributions for this tour. I have felt involved the whole time even though I only went to the first concert. I am hoping this isn't the last tour, and I will see the Stones live again. It has been a great ride though.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 15, 2015 04:44

You guys is good.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 15, 2015 05:44

Ditto. This board has made my 2015 RS year the best I've had/ dream come true going to the San Diego show, w/ my presale tickets up front.

A part of myself came back. Fun and joy, I think. I allowed myself to feel that deep, fresh passion again for the Stones. I took some hard knocks in 1981 and 1989 trying to get to my first shows. I actually had tickets for both, and did not get to see them. After 2 deep heartbreaks, I gave up, refusing to try again for a live show (2013 I gave serious pause when my husband presented trying to go to a show near us, but I was finishing up Lyme disease treatment, another RS live show curse for me timing, I was convinced, feeling overwhelmed and daunted, decided to pass).

HOWEVER, 2014 I started following IORR---- AND, got my tickets and saw them 13th row! The curse had been lifted, only to reveal waiting so long, getting to go with my husband, the entire experience, was all the richer.
And, I had eye contact with Mick (I swear) and my life is now complete.

Furthermore, I was tipped here to 'Plundered My Soul' for the first time thru a post a few days ago! Holy Toledo, what a gift.

Periscope, the reviews, the same love, thank you-

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 15, 2015 06:08

There are many great posts from years ago - I suggest anyone new spend the time to use search and explore what is out there.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 15, 2015 06:12

This is a great site, cheers! thumbs up

Date: July 15, 2015 06:15

You are all amazing and I wish I would have met some of you in pittsburgh and columbus!

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 15, 2015 07:56

Yeah, I can't begin to count all of the great concert recollections, album/song facts/reviews/opinions, musical gear geekery, varying international and generational perspectives, mild chuckles, audible groans and outright hilarity I've gotten visiting this site for 14 years.

Thank you all, newbies to vets, future, current and long-gone posters, minimalists and prolific alike, for your sharing and communications; ..........-even though all of your opinions, reviews, favorite Stones' songs, RW vs MT and football allegiances are so obviously dead wrong when they differ from my own carefully considered beliefs, haha!! >grinning smiley< Just kidding! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Keep contributing!

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 15, 2015 11:34

I'm in too.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 15, 2015 14:25

latebloomer
I love you all...and I would say that even without the bottle of wine. Cheers everyone, great thread Bliss. drinking smiley

Sorry, but I don't buy this. It's typically the talk of a drunk: I love you all.
I'm always sober and I would never say that. Nevertheless I love you. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 15, 2015 15:08

kleermaker
latebloomer

Sorry, but I don't buy this. It's typically the talk of a drunk: I love you all.
I'm always sober and I would never say that. Nevertheless I love you. tongue sticking out smiley

Do you fellow posters know each other personally ? if you don't, love is a strong word.
Do any of you on here get too drunk and say the wrong things, or what you really mean, and get banned ? If you did you would not be here to tell me, so i think i just answered my own question.
Its a great site, so i will just say that i may grow to like you.smoking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 15, 2015 15:19

Yes, fantastic site. It's the only place I visit several times a day. I love this place. Hope it stays this way for a long time to come.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: July 15, 2015 15:30

kleermaker
latebloomer

But we love Mick T. Dont wesmileys with beer

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 15, 2015 16:06

keithsman
kleermaker
latebloomer

Do you fellow posters know each other personally ? if you don't, love is a strong word.
Do any of you on here get too drunk and say the wrong things, or what you really mean, and get banned ? If you did you would not be here to tell me, so i think i just answered my own question.

A little hyperbole never hurt anyone, keithsman, and it depends on how you define the word love. Yes, love is a strong word, but in this case, I do love this place and therefore all who contribute. smiling smiley

Kleerie - I shared the wine, so I wasn't drunk, (well maybe a little as I am a lightweight when it comes to drinking) just happy to be with my friends, both the ones I was sharing the bottle with last night, and my cyber ones here. <3

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 15, 2015 16:11

I love.... this board! Seriously, I don't listen to the Stones every day, but not a day goes by without me checking iorr.

Great information, excellent analysis, interesting (and outrageous) opinions, and some funny conversations.

As someone mentioned above, although I haven't been to any shows on this last leg, I'e never felt so connected, what with all the rumours, reports, reviews and photos and periscopes.

Salud iorr-ers! smileys with beer

Date: July 15, 2015 16:52

A million and two 'Thank Yous' to each member who spent time contributing to the Concert Archives from me! smileys with beer

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 15, 2015 17:12

latebloomer
keithsman
kleermaker
latebloomer

A little hyperbole never hurt anyone, keithsman, and it depends on how you define the word love. Yes, love is a strong word, but in this case, I do love this place and therefore all who contribute. smiling smiley

Kleerie - I shared the wine, so I wasn't drunk, (well maybe a little as I am a lightweight when it comes to drinking) just happy to be with my friends, both the ones I was sharing the bottle with last night, and my cyber ones here. <3

smiling smiley Cheers to your sense of humour and kindness.smileys with beer

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: July 15, 2015 20:52

Hip-hip hooray!
Thanks to one and all.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: July 16, 2015 03:03

Yes, thank you to everyone on this forum and everyone who reviews concerts for iorr. It's great to be here, especially on show nights. I know there are so many people like me who so wish they could be there front row for every show, but have to enjoy just following the show threads and letting our imaginations run away with us.

Having such an active and prolific community of fellow hardcore Rolling Stones fans is really a treat. It's great to read everyone's thoughts, opinions and memories.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 03:16

Right from the first time I stumbled upon IORR, I could tell it was a very welcoming, warm community of hardcore Stones fans! I've been here for four months now, and I never want to leave! Thanks everyone

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 17, 2015 21:54

The last time a was abused was 10 years ago by some ash..ol...who quit after two weeks ...............so yes I'am happy here and love you all

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home